Do you guys think tinkerer is op?

ngl tinkerer should get nerfed in some way especially with ruin undying meta but i dont know what that nerf should be what do you guys think? (edit) im not saying tinkerer is by far the most op perk ever and shpuld be nerfed into oblivion im saying it has insane synergy with the best perks in the game and maybe should just have a tiny tweak and my god its not that deep guys just a simple question/ suggestion

Comments

  • @chargernick85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2645648#Comment_2645648

    They really don't.

    I'm still trying to figure out how people want this nerfed. I play solo and I rarely see this perk. When I do I find it hilarious when a killer comes out of no where and I scream "Holy Hell" or "Ahhh #########". I could see why noobs hate it but they hate everything.

    I personally think it needs nerfed for reasons already mentioned. I wish I had your games. I see tinkerer almost every game, not even joking. Lol

  • @Zachcjjj said:

    ngl tinkerer should get nerfed in some way especially with ruin undying meta but i dont know what that nerf should be what do you guys think?

    On its own it isn't overpowered. It's about the same strength of a perk like Dark Devotion on its own, but with certain styles of play and builds it is consistently effective. Survivors want to say this consistency is in itself overpowered because they don't have a direct counter to it outside of actively maintaining awareness of their surroundings. Just because it is consistently effectively doesn't mean it should be nerfed. I get that it makes the 3 gen situation really hard to win, but that is hard to win no matter what. It's why one of the things we're supposed to learn as survivors is to not push all the gens to one side of the map.

  • @Zachcjjj said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2645788#Comment_2645788

    nah i didnt have any rough games i just think tink should have a cooldown or something because its incredibly oppressive in the current meta not on its own but if theyre arent going to change ruin then i think tink should have a small cd and im speaking from both side i play both equally and i have alot of hours im talking from pure game balance imo i think they should take all the top perks on both sides AND NERF TF OUTTA THEM and then make all the bad perks alot better and bring everything to a decently equal level so that we see some actual perk variety

    Hang on - didn't I just see you in your other thread talking about how you play killer at a god-tier level and the most fun you have in the game is playing against tourney-level SWFs on a 2-perk Trapper or something?

    I'm legitimately confused. Something doesn't quite gel here.

    Also - no. It's not oppressive.

    Hell, it's not even part of the current meta.

    The current meta is either Ruin+Pop (old meta, some people are still comfy with it though), unga-bunga chasedown builds, Starstruck+Agitation, NOED+NWO or weird stuff like Plaything+Retribution. At least from what I'm seeing on high level streams.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2645798#Comment_2645798

    Hang on - didn't I just see you in your other thread talking about how you play killer at a god-tier level and the most fun you have in the game is playing against tourney-level SWFs on a 2-perk Trapper or something?

    I'm legitimately confused. Something doesn't quite gel here.

    Also - no. It's not oppressive.

    Hell, it's not even part of the current meta.

    The current meta is either Ruin+Pop (old meta, some people are still comfy with it though), unga-bunga chasedown builds, Starstruck+Agitation, NOED+NWO or weird stuff like Plaything+Retribution. At least from what I'm seeing on high level streams.

    ok again like ive said like 7 times here i probably worded the original post not so good but i was just asking specifically about tinkerer im not saying tinkerer is massively op unbeatable crazy to oppressive that equipping it literally insta moris all 4 survivors im just asking whether people would like to see a cooldown or something on it, it really isnt that deep

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    I don't think so but it falls in the pretty big list perks that have counters but people just don't bother.

    When the third piston of a gen starts moving you should always expect tinkerer except proven that the killer doesn't have it.

    And once you know they have it start doubling up on gens. it takes 14 seconds to finish the last 30% with 2 people and when the killer arrives they can only commit to one of you. The other one can easilly finish the gen

    If you are in swf comms it's even easier as you can still split up and just time it so multiple tinkerer triggers happen. No matter their mobility killers can only pressure one place (with the exception of nemesis but he doesn't have mobility)

    yeah i think i worded the original post kinda bad i think ruin is the main problem but tink on top is just pretty yucky especially against solo

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2645804#Comment_2645804

    Tinkerer is fine. Don't want multiple procs ? Find ruin. Don't want multiple procs ? People need to do a better job not going down to avoid pop. That or you can run repressed alliance if you have that much of a problem with Tinkerer

    There's counters to it. Not every single perk needs nerfed because people don't like going against it. It's not even that good to boot. What do you do when multiple tinkerer procs happen at once ? Or it procs when you're half way across a map ?

    Disagree. Already mentioned why it's too strong, so I'm not gonna repeat myself.

  • Tinkerer is fine.

  • You do realize one survivor meta perk is equal to the whole combination of 3 perks?

  • @Zachcjjj said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2645629#Comment_2645629

    thats basically what im saying yeah what would you do to change that or would you just change ruin?

    I'd give it a small cooldown between procs on individual gens, say it can only proc on the same gen every 15 seconds? 20?

    I'd hate to make it an underwhelming perk on its own but honestly I'd rather it didn't have such gross synergy so maybe 20.

  • @Gamedozer7 said:

    You do realize one survivor meta perk is equal to the whole combination of 3 perks?

    yeah definitely not my guy

  • @tenoresax said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2645643#Comment_2645643

    I'd give it a small cooldown between procs on individual gens, say it can only proc on the same gen every 15 seconds? 20?

    I'd hate to make it an underwhelming perk on its own but honestly I'd rather it didn't have such gross synergy so maybe 20.

    thats basically all im saying but damn people take stuff so serious on this forum damn

  • @Zachcjjj said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2645855#Comment_2645855

    thats basically all im saying but damn people take stuff so serious on this forum damn

    Because you want to nerf a perk because it has good synergy more perks should be like that not less. If its not OP then why nerf?

  • Tinkerer is a good perk but if you know to have a good map control, you don't need it, i mean it doesn't bring any bonus then.

  • @Gamedozer7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2645858#Comment_2645858

    Because you want to nerf a perk because it has good synergy more perks should be like that not less. If its not OP then why nerf?

    It's what survivors do now. They complain that anything remotely good on the killer side is OP and then want to get it nerfed so they have easier games. It's too much to ask that survivors pay attention to their surroundings when they realize tinkerer is in play.

  • On killers like Blight it's super frustrating. But no not OP by any stretch of the imagination.

  • I don't think it's OP at all. Can it be annoying? Yes. Does it catch me off guard at times? Yes. Are there times when it's useless for the killer due to their position and not being able to get to the gen on time? Absolutely. Half the time whenever a tinkerer goes off shortly after another gen or two are ready to pop as well so by the time the killer walks to one gen the others are done. Then someone will run in and just complete the gen that the killer ran to anyways making the perk not that powerful.

    I can see people at lower skill level having issues with it at first but once you learn from it I think it's totally fine, especially once you know if a killer is using it. Once I know a killer has tinkerer I'm ready for it every time.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2645868#Comment_2645868

    It's what survivors do now. They complain that anything remotely good on the killer side is OP and then want to get it nerfed so they have easier games. It's too much to ask that survivors pay attention to their surroundings when they realize tinkerer is in play.

    Really though I play solo and once I know they have Tinkerer i pay attention and stay split up when there's one gen left and it hasn't been a problem for me really.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2645778#Comment_2645778

    I personally think it needs nerfed for reasons already mentioned. I wish I had your games. I see tinkerer almost every game, not even joking. Lol

    I don't think your joking....Regardless I find you hard to believe.

  • Honestly I see tinkerer as inferior to surveillance when paired with ruin+undying. Especially at high MMR as one of the first things skilled survivors do is check for ruin which immediately shows you which gens they started on for a miniature Lethal Pursuer. It also helps with the broken sound occlusion.

  • I can't express this enough. Tinkerer is a perk that is completely on control of survivors, you literally decide what time it activates. Do a gen until 70%, walk for 10 seconds and wait until the killer searches the area and leaves. If he continues doing that he'll lose all other gens.

    The problem is that survivors KNOW the killer has Tinkerer, but still glue to gens like bots, so then you deserve to get screwed over.

  • @Labrac said:

    I can't express this enough. Tinkerer is a perk that is completely on control of survivors, you literally decide what time it activates. Do a gen until 70%, walk for 10 seconds and wait until the killer searches the area and leaves. If he continues doing that he'll lose all other gens.

    The problem is that survivors KNOW the killer has Tinkerer, but still glue to gens like bots, so then you deserve to get screwed over.

    What, do you have a little piece of tape on your monitor at the 70% marker? Because there's no express way to see 70% otherwise.

  • @chargernick85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2645804#Comment_2645804

    I don't think your joking....Regardless I find you hard to believe.

    It does need changes. Not joking.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2645941#Comment_2645941

    What, do you have a little piece of tape on your monitor at the 70% marker? Because there's no express way to see 70% otherwise.

    You can easily have an idea of what 70% is lmao.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2645941#Comment_2645941

    What, do you have a little piece of tape on your monitor at the 70% marker? Because there's no express way to see 70% otherwise.

    It's super easy to figure out where the 70% mark is and once you figure it out once you just know forever.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2645941#Comment_2645941

    What, do you have a little piece of tape on your monitor at the 70% marker? Because there's no express way to see 70% otherwise.

    Each generator has 4 pistons on it. Each one represents 25% of the generator progression. When the 4th piston starts moving that means you hit 75% progress.

  • @Zachcjjj said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2645808#Comment_2645808

    ok again like ive said like 7 times here i probably worded the original post not so good but i was just asking specifically about tinkerer im not saying tinkerer is massively op unbeatable crazy to oppressive that equipping it literally insta moris all 4 survivors im just asking whether people would like to see a cooldown or something on it, it really isnt that deep

    No. And don't strawman.

    There are many aspects of killers that need buffs right now, and only a tiny amount that need adjusting. Tinkerer is fine.

  • Tinkerer is one of the few perks that genuinely scares me when I play as Survivor and it's unexpected. It reminds me that this is a horror game.

  • It's a very badly designed perk and at the same time grossly overpowered for how it works. It basically punishes survivors for doing the objective and rewards the killer massively for doing nothing at all. It's broken on killers like Blight. When only 2-3 survivors left, there is no way to do the objective. It needs changed.

    Why is other perks like Eruption and Surge require effort on the killer has a cooldown and tinkerer doesn't?

    Tinkerer needs a nerf.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    It's a very badly designed perk and at the same time grossly overpowered for how it works. It basically punishes survivors for doing the objective and rewards the killer massively for doing nothing at all. It's broken on killers like Blight. When only 2-3 survivors left, there is no way to do the objective. It needs changed.

    Why is other perks like Eruption and Surge require effort on the killer has a cooldown and tinkerer doesn't?

    Tinkerer needs a nerf.

    It was only a matter of time...

  • @Sluzzy said:

    It's a very badly designed perk and at the same time grossly overpowered for how it works. It basically punishes survivors for doing the objective and rewards the killer massively for doing nothing at all. It's broken on killers like Blight. When only 2-3 survivors left, there is no way to do the objective. It needs changed.

    Why is other perks like Eruption and Surge require effort on the killer has a cooldown and tinkerer doesn't?

    Tinkerer needs a nerf.

    ok i dont believe all that its not that bad its just a little bad with ruin and could maybe have a 15 sec cooldown

  • @Zachcjjj said:

    ngl tinkerer should get nerfed in some way especially with ruin undying meta but i dont know what that nerf should be what do you guys think?

    nah.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2645955#Comment_2645955

    Each generator has 4 pistons on it. Each one represents 25% of the generator progression. When the 4th piston starts moving that means you hit 75% progress.

    I know, but that's 75%, not 70.

  • Make it only activate once per gen

    This way you relieve solo q a bit more but you barely change SWF

  • With how ridiculously quick the gens can fly, you’re seriously still complaining about Tinkerer?

  • its only a bit too powerful on blight and nurse, but other than that, nah not really

  • @Sluzzy said:

    It's a very badly designed perk and at the same time grossly overpowered for how it works. It basically punishes survivors for doing the objective and rewards the killer massively for doing nothing at all. It's broken on killers like Blight. When only 2-3 survivors left, there is no way to do the objective. It needs changed.

    Why is other perks like Eruption and Surge require effort on the killer has a cooldown and tinkerer doesn't?

    Tinkerer needs a nerf.

    I could of swore you had to go chase them off the gens yourself I didn't know tinker did that for you.

    (Press e after the killer did his job)

  • @Zachcjjj said:

    ngl tinkerer should get nerfed in some way especially with ruin undying meta but i dont know what that nerf should be what do you guys think?

    No leave it as it is. It's fine not only that but when two or three tinkerer are going off at once you are screwed. It needs buffed so when a gens at 50% the effects happen and each time the killer gets within a certain radius of the gen it becomes up to 5/6% harder for the gen to be completed. Because when I run tinkerer I get two going off at once and by time I get to one of the gens it's already completed anyway so it's actually rather crap

  • No it shouldn't get nerfed

    All it does is give the Killer information on which Gen is close to popping and Undetectable for 12 seconds... which averages out to be around 48m give or take

    And that isn't the only perk that Synergizes well with Ruin/Undying... and that being Surveillance

    But you don't hear about Surveillance all that much do you?

  • @Sluzzy said:

    It's a very badly designed perk and at the same time grossly overpowered for how it works. It basically punishes survivors for doing the objective and rewards the killer massively for doing nothing at all. It's broken on killers like Blight. When only 2-3 survivors left, there is no way to do the objective. It needs changed.

    Why is other perks like Eruption and Surge require effort on the killer has a cooldown and tinkerer doesn't?

    Tinkerer needs a nerf.

    I wouldnt say it punishes survivors per say, more helps the killer, but I do agree - it is way to strong, I think a simple cooldown would work because, like as you mentioned, Blight can push people off gens easily.

  • It blows my minds how people still complain about Ruin/Undying/Tinkerer when the combo has already been nerfed and boons made Hex perks even more risky...

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    No it shouldn't get nerfed

    All it does is give the Killer information on which Gen is close to popping and Undetectable for 12 seconds... which averages out to be around 48m give or take

    And that isn't the only perk that Synergizes well with Ruin/Undying... and that being Surveillance

    But you don't hear about Surveillance all that much do you?

    And why don’t you hear about Surveillance? Because it’s different, time-limited, has no audio cue, and not as consistent information as Tinkerer. Neither does it provide free undetectable for survivors doing their job.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2647242#Comment_2647242

    And why don’t you hear about Surveillance? Because it’s different, time-limited, has no audio cue, and not as consistent information as Tinkerer. Neither does it provide free undetectable for survivors doing their job.

    Fair enough... And again that's only for 16 seconds (or 64m give or take)... and when a Gen gets up to 70%

    And let's not get into what's free for either side... OK???

    But Surveillance goes off when a Gen is regressing and when touched for 16 seconds (yea no sound cue)... And hearing a Gen being worked on from farther away does have it pluses

1 2 ›