Her lore is written differently than most survivors and the direction is interesting. Unlike many survivors who suffer from the 'victim' role because of their past experiences, Yun-Jin's lore doesn't focus on her sufferings, but her ambitious drive to succeed that was rooted from her past suffering. Her lore takes a nod to how her younger self had to endure in poor conditions along with her sister, but her lore is heavily emphasized on how she currently is living in the world of luxury.
Her lore of course then intertwines with Ji-Woon's lore and how her position gave him the platform to commit his deeds, but vice versa since he was her key to staying in such luxury.
That's why I find Yun-Jin's lore the best. It had glimpses of her past but actually included her progress into getting out of her struggles, which it now seems that she has accomplished. Her lore makes it seem like she has escaped into the world she had always dreamed of, but it will all change because she decided to hold onto it even though a threat was with her all along.
It's not bad, It just feels like it was meant for another character. That's all. Also, Sally is the ableist and eugenics supporter.
Edit: It just doesn't really make sense, to me at least. Nurse's Mori, for example, doesn't make any sense when compared to how she's represented (and how she kills a bunch of people) in her tome lore.
Not sure who has the best lore, but I'm sure the Demogorgon has great outfits, so here have one on us: 031bad9c-5a7c-40cc-ad04-e1c7c538be57
Quick question because the twitter post wasn't clear enough, are those codes limited ? I'm not home until a few days and I'd be kinda sad if I can't have a chance to grab one.
Quick question because the twitter post wasn't clear enough, are those codes limited ? I'm not home until a few days and I'd be kinda sad if I can't have a chance to grab one.
Hey im wondering if any of these giveaway codes give exclusive outfits? I already have bought them all so im assuming there's no point of me using them?
They're for the outfits that are already available - there's no "new or exclusive" outfits. We're also giving out character codes.
His lore is filled with humanity and eerily frightening truths about how true psychopaths develop.
It was very deliberate and unambiguous. It was well structured with several points without divulging too much or going into needless territory. However, he is a dastardly evil man - which makes him absolutely compelling as a villain.
There are many good examples of fine lore in these games, but the clown's starts in his youth and follows him throughout his development as he turns from an innocent child that loves the beauty of birds - into a vapor weaponizing serial killer with a finger collection. It is brutal, gritty, and profoundly human in the darkest of ways. The perfect example of good killer lore.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Yun Jin
Deathslinger
Yun jin
Plague
Yun-Jin Lee.
Her lore is written differently than most survivors and the direction is interesting. Unlike many survivors who suffer from the 'victim' role because of their past experiences, Yun-Jin's lore doesn't focus on her sufferings, but her ambitious drive to succeed that was rooted from her past suffering. Her lore takes a nod to how her younger self had to endure in poor conditions along with her sister, but her lore is heavily emphasized on how she currently is living in the world of luxury.
Her lore of course then intertwines with Ji-Woon's lore and how her position gave him the platform to commit his deeds, but vice versa since he was her key to staying in such luxury.
That's why I find Yun-Jin's lore the best. It had glimpses of her past but actually included her progress into getting out of her struggles, which it now seems that she has accomplished. Her lore makes it seem like she has escaped into the world she had always dreamed of, but it will all change because she decided to hold onto it even though a threat was with her all along.
tome aside, right?
Claudette, if we're counting Tome content.
it's got themes of eugenics and ableism completely absent in the base lore.
It's not bad, It just feels like it was meant for another character. That's all. Also, Sally is the ableist and eugenics supporter.
Edit: It just doesn't really make sense, to me at least. Nurse's Mori, for example, doesn't make any sense when compared to how she's represented (and how she kills a bunch of people) in her tome lore.
no problem.
Not sure who has the best lore, but I'm sure the Demogorgon has great outfits, so here have one on us: 031bad9c-5a7c-40cc-ad04-e1c7c538be57
Quick question because the twitter post wasn't clear enough, are those codes limited ? I'm not home until a few days and I'd be kinda sad if I can't have a chance to grab one.
The codes are one time use, yeah, I'm sorry.
They're for the outfits that are already available - there's no "new or exclusive" outfits. We're also giving out character codes.
can I have one? I'm not sure how to get one.
We are posting the codes around the forums, you have to type it in the redeem page of the in-game store.
For example this code for a Nancy's outfit: 00ca514d-4d49-4d5e-9926-667ac526a323
thanks! :)
sorry, but it doesn't seem to be working...
I'll keep trying...
It has probably been redeemed already, we still have some to giveaway, keep an eye on the threads!
O.K!
I'm surprised more aren't saying oni
Oni billy and plague
Oni
I love Spirit's lore.
the plague. her base lore is amazing and her tome is even better
Best base lore goes to Ghost Face
Best tome lore goes to Hillbilly
Althou i personally find the observer tome stories to be better than any of the killer & survivor tomes altogether.
Spirit is probably my favorite.
The Plague
The Clown.
His lore is filled with humanity and eerily frightening truths about how true psychopaths develop.
It was very deliberate and unambiguous. It was well structured with several points without divulging too much or going into needless territory. However, he is a dastardly evil man - which makes him absolutely compelling as a villain.
There are many good examples of fine lore in these games, but the clown's starts in his youth and follows him throughout his development as he turns from an innocent child that loves the beauty of birds - into a vapor weaponizing serial killer with a finger collection. It is brutal, gritty, and profoundly human in the darkest of ways. The perfect example of good killer lore.