Shack window issue

What do you guys think of the window loop in the killer shack? Its been around for ages and survivors are very dependent on it when it comes to looping

The Dead Dog shack has a breakable wall, why doesn't the other? I can't bring Bamboozle for every killer just to deal with this one window

Do you guys think something should be done? Like add a breakable wall to the shacks or something?

Comments

  • The shack has always been a strong and reliable loop for survivors even without using the window. I honestly thought with all the map reworks that they were going to incorporate the breakable wall into every shack just like in Dead Dawg. It definitely wouldn't destroy the looping potential of the structure at all, it would just give killers a reliable option to cut it a little shorter.

  • Nope. Leave the Shack alone.

    Dead Dawg Saloon having a breakable wall there is one of the reasons why that map is the absolute worst in the game.

  • @GeneralV said:

    Nope. Leave the Shack alone.

    Dead Dawg Saloon having a breakable wall there is one of the reasons why that map is the absolute worst in the game.

    Because killers can counter shack loops? Yeah. tragic

  • You don't need a Breakable Wall to deal with Shack.

  • @GeneralV said:

    Nope. Leave the Shack alone.

    Dead Dawg Saloon having a breakable wall there is one of the reasons why that map is the absolute worst in the game.

    I forgot there was one in killer shack. That map did just get re enabled so that must be why.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2603386#Comment_2603386

    I forgot there was one in killer shack. That map did just get re enabled so that must be why.

    It shouldn't have been implemented, imho.

  • Yes you do. If survivors play smart, they're never gonna give you a hit or the shack pallet for free. They usually vault the window twice, get hit, and then run away, leaving the shack pallet up so they can use it over and over again. This structure is not okay.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2603401#Comment_2603401

    Yes you do. If survivors play smart, they're never gonna give you a hit or the shack pallet for free. They usually vault the window twice, get hit, and then run away, leaving the shack pallet up so they can use it over and over again. This structure is not okay.

    I try to force them to drop the pallet so it's gone.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2603486#Comment_2603486

    Not all that true. I bamboozle good survivors at shack all the time. Just depends on the killer you're using.

    That's with Bamboozle. Killers shouldn't have to rely on perks to fix bad map design.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2603486#Comment_2603486

    Not all that true. I bamboozle good survivors at shack all the time. Just depends on the killer you're using.

    Bamboozle on Bubba has saved me a lot of time.

  • If I don't have bamboozle I usually ignore survivors as they all run to shack.

    If every hit results in a bee line to shack I usually just get bored and AFK at the exit gate. Seems to make everyone happy.

  • The shack at Dead Dawg has a breakable wall because it's bigger than the usual shack and has cracks on it.

  • I do think that it should have a breakable wall but I don't know where.

  • If a survivor managed to waste your time in a good loop, knowing that you're wasting your time in that loop, then it's your own fault... don't chase healthy survivors into good loops. At least try not to, especially if you know they'll only waste your time

  • Shack could use a change. I mean it's literally called "the god pallet" because everyone knows how powerful it is.

  • @Frontdoor6 said:

    What do you guys think of the window loop in the killer shack? Its been around for ages and survivors are very dependent on it when it comes to looping

    The Dead Dog shack has a breakable wall, why doesn't the other? I can't bring Bamboozle for every killer just to deal with this one window

    Do you guys think something should be done? Like add a breakable wall to the shacks or something?

    I think they should add a breakable wall to it. I mean it'd be a different story if shack was the only good loop but considering most maps have 2 or three additional set or randomly generated strong loops at the very least it's a problem.

  • Yeah, let's remove all the loops and pallets from the game while we are at it, survivors should not have any means to survive, should they?

  • Because it makes the entire area an unsafe waste. Shack is a very fair building IMO, with proper utilization of your killers power or effective mindgames you can catch a survivor out and get a hit. They can do the same, effectively utilizing their own mindgames and perks can mean countering your mindgames and running shack longer. Add a breakable wall in the mix and suddenly the window is barely viable, leaving only a lengthy wall with a single semi-safe pallet. The loop just becomes another purposeless one-use pallet loop.

  • Okay, but then why is it an issue? We can deal with or without, nice. I fail to see the actual problem. Why should survivor... I mean killer shack, be one of the strongest loops in the game. I don't get it.

  • They need to remove the holes in the walls imo. The back wall of shack is just a Haddonfield fence that you can't hit over.

  • @Clueless said:

    They need to remove the holes in the walls imo. The back wall of shack is just a Haddonfield fence that you can't hit over.

    True, mind games would be a lot easier if you were deprived of that. And if that were the case I would still like a breakable wall but I don't think it'd be as much of a call for it.

  • @throwaway79465468797 said:

    If a survivor managed to waste your time in a good loop, knowing that you're wasting your time in that loop, then it's your own fault... don't chase healthy survivors into good loops. At least try not to, especially if you know they'll only waste your time

    Me, looking at Fractured Cowshed....

    Do I just not chase anyone?

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2603681#Comment_2603681

    Me, looking at Fractured Cowshed....

    Do I just not chase anyone?

    Either that or learn to play nurse I guess.

  • @GeneralV said:

    Nope. Leave the Shack alone.

    Dead Dawg Saloon having a breakable wall there is one of the reasons why that map is the absolute worst in the game.

    Really??? I think it's one of the most balanced maps in the game.

  • Shack should have the same breakable wall as Saloon on every map tbh

    No reason not to add it, it's called the Killer Shack yet it's a survivor sided structure lol.

    Dead Dawg Saloon is a really good map and only survivors that need crutch map offerings don't like it.

    Bad at the game? Send the killer to Haddonfield or another survivor sided map because you can't play without your crutch.

  • @Frontdoor6 said:

    What do you guys think of the window loop in the killer shack? Its been around for ages and survivors are very dependent on it when it comes to looping

    The Dead Dog shack has a breakable wall, why doesn't the other? I can't bring Bamboozle for every killer just to deal with this one window

    Do you guys think something should be done? Like add a breakable wall to the shacks or something?

    It's a strong loop, but there are plenty of mind games you can play on it for a free hit. Honestly, it feels like one of the better designed loops in the game. Even if you brainlessly want to chase them with W, you will still get the window blocked in less than thirty seconds and eat the pallet.

  • Depending on the killer, you absolutely do.

    There are some killers with whom if the survivor enters the shack, I'm breaking off chase instantly, no question.

    Myers, Ghost Face, Trapper (unless there's a trap there somewhere), Plague (if I don't have Corrupted Purge), maybe even Wraith sometimes.

    Doctor I may try to trap them inside with his power though this can have mixed results. Legion I might just deep wound them and see if there's anyone else nearby. Nemesis/Pyramid Head I might try to ranged through the window/wall if I get a chance, but it can be tricky.