Killers benefiting unfairly from over confident survivors

I'm seeing the "boon" effect and it's making survivors overconfident which leads to mistakes and then eventual hooks for the killer that the killer really didn't earn. The idea I have is an idea for a new boon perk. Bring in Boon:DS

Boon DS wouldn't be limited to a certain area. It would surround each hook with a diameter of 40 meters and an 80 diameter radius around the basement. It would also work no matter what hook state, 1st, 2nd or 3rd and the window to hit the skill check would be 20% larger than "This is not happening" tier 3.

With the above, when the survivor executes the boon:DS the entity surrounds the killer with Mercury Vapor Stadium lights that blind the killer for 30 seconds and then burst to release a toxic cloud that slows the killer by 30% for 90 seconds then slowly heals over the course of 3 minutes as long as another survivor is not downed or chased.

This coupled with the current system should bring some balance to overpowered killers.

Comments

  • Sounds good. I'm in.

  • its almost like overconfidence is a weakness

  • The stadium lights line was a bit to on the nose. Otherwise damm good bate mate : D

  • Overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer

  • @TacitusKilgore said:

    Overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer

    You just reminded me that I need to pick up Darkest Dungeon 2. I miss Wayne June.

  • @drpynz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2596502#Comment_2596502

    You just reminded me that I need to pick up Darkest Dungeon 2. I miss Wayne June.

    I like it a lot, if you're there just for more of the characters and art of darkest dungeon, the game offers it in spades. I think if you're a sizable fan its a worthwhile purchase, plus it'll technically get free updates as it develops through early access.

  • @TacitusKilgore said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2596511#Comment_2596511

    I like it a lot, if you're there just for more of the characters and art of darkest dungeon, the game offers it in spades. I think if you're a sizable fan its a worthwhile purchase, plus it'll technically get free updates as it develops through early access.

    I just purchased it. I used to stream it and had the Wayne June twitch alerts. You can call me a fan :)

  • @drpynz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2596516#Comment_2596516

    I just purchased it. I used to stream it and had the Wayne June twitch alerts. You can call me a fan :)

    I hope you enjoy it! Small tip: probably don't use the runaway, she kinda sucks big time.

  • @drpynz said:

    I'm seeing the "boon" effect and it's making survivors overconfident which leads to mistakes and then eventual hooks for the killer that the killer really didn't earn. The idea I have is an idea for a new boon perk. Bring in Boon:DS

    Boon DS wouldn't be limited to a certain area. It would surround each hook with a diameter of 40 meters and an 80 diameter radius around the basement. It would also work no matter what hook state, 1st, 2nd or 3rd and the window to hit the skill check would be 20% larger than "This is not happening" tier 3.

    With the above, when the survivor executes the boon:DS the entity surrounds the killer with Mercury Vapor Stadium lights that blind the killer for 30 seconds and then burst to release a toxic cloud that slows the killer by 30% for 90 seconds then slowly heals over the course of 3 minutes as long as another survivor is not downed or chased.

    This coupled with the current system should bring some balance to overpowered killers.

    Almo, I know this is you! No need to hide under the secondary account. We approve this change!

  • @TacitusKilgore said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2596546#Comment_2596546

    I hope you enjoy it! Small tip: probably don't use the runaway, she kinda sucks big time.

    The game is better than I expected. Thanks for making me think of it ( Overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer ) :)

  • Is this sluzzy? If not you should tag him in this because you two would get along swimmingly

  • This has to be bait

  • Only if we get an accompanying scourge hook perk

    Scourge Hook: NOED

    When a survivor goes within 128 meters of a Scourge hook they are immediately sacrificed to the entity

  • LMAO is it April already?

  • Unfair advantage for over confidence 🤣

    Article of the month 👏

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Uh, yeah, that's the downside of over confidence.

    Its killer fault for use the overaltruistic and overconfident survs.Maybe surv need to have less security feeling so we cant benefit anymore.

  • @TacitusKilgore said:

    Overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer

    Just bought it on steam and the mods are awesome too

    When surv rescue a pal from death

    Many Fall In The Face Of Chaos, But Not This One. Not Today.

    Lol

  • @Sweet_Tour said:

    This has to be bait

    No, he is quite clearly very serious with this suggestion.

  • @TacitusKilgore said:

    Overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer

    Nah thats bubba

  • @drpynz said:

    I'm seeing the "boon" effect and it's making survivors overconfident which leads to mistakes and then eventual hooks for the killer that the killer really didn't earn. The idea I have is an idea for a new boon perk. Bring in Boon:DS

    Boon DS wouldn't be limited to a certain area. It would surround each hook with a diameter of 40 meters and an 80 diameter radius around the basement. It would also work no matter what hook state, 1st, 2nd or 3rd and the window to hit the skill check would be 20% larger than "This is not happening" tier 3.

    With the above, when the survivor executes the boon:DS the entity surrounds the killer with Mercury Vapor Stadium lights that blind the killer for 30 seconds and then burst to release a toxic cloud that slows the killer by 30% for 90 seconds then slowly heals over the course of 3 minutes as long as another survivor is not downed or chased.

    This coupled with the current system should bring some balance to overpowered killers.

    Poe's law is the only law on the internet right now.

    @OP

    Give boons a 120 second cooldown after they are cleansed, or give them a 60 second duration. With how fiddly they can be to cleanse, and how quickly another one can be activated, it's really frustrating to deal with them.

  • I think Boon:Chocolate Milk would be a better idea.

    While this Boon is active, all players can enjoy a glass of chocolate milk 1x per match.

    Alternate versions will be available for lactose intolerant people BUT ONLY ONE KIND OF MILK CAN BE ACTIVE AT A GIVEN TIME - THE TYPE IS A MYSTERY UNTIL CONSUMED....MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

  • @Raccoon said:

    I think Boon:Chocolate Milk would be a better idea.

    While this Boon is active, all players can enjoy a glass of chocolate milk 1x per match.

    Alternate versions will be available for lactose intolerant people BUT ONLY ONE KIND OF MILK CAN BE ACTIVE AT A GIVEN TIME - THE TYPE IS A MYSTERY UNTIL CONSUMED....MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

    Free range?

  • Overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer,

    "Darkest Dungeon narrator"

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Legendary Boon: Decisivesprintburstadrenalinecareforever

    You are fuelled by the number of subscribers on your Twitch.tv channel.

    Press and hold the Active Ability button near a Dull or Hex Totem to bless it and create a Boon Totem. Soft chimes ring out within a radius of 280 metres.

    Survivors inside the Boon Totem's range benefit from the following effects:

    • When grabbed by the killer succeed a tremendously easy Skill Check to automatically escape the Killer's grasp and stun them for 30/60/90 seconds, breaking into a sprint at 150% your normal running speed for 10/15/20 seconds. Also heals you instantly for one Health State. Also, you can heal yourself at 100/150/200% the normal healing speed for 5 minutes.
    • If the Survivor is using a Legendary cosmetic a second tremendously easy Skill Check will appear, enabling the survivor to kick the Killer in the crotch and stun them for an additional 30/60/90 seconds.
    • Grants a stackable 100% bonus to all Bloodpoint gains up to a maximum of 300/400/500%.
    • Succeeding or failing the Skill Check will result in the Killer being stunned anyway because you are the ones who pay for this game.

    "Humour is prohibited. Except for my funny moments montage" - Thereal<insertyournickhere>DBD.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/RA9UDDWD3WBS/image.png

    Does it stack?