Anyone Else Hyped for Freddy Buff?
I just spent the last 2-3 weeks maxing him out with every perk and tons of add-ons/offerings. I love his playstyle but as of now he's kind of underwhelming. I'm very excited for his buff!
I just spent the last 2-3 weeks maxing him out with every perk and tons of add-ons/offerings. I love his playstyle but as of now he's kind of underwhelming. I'm very excited for his buff!
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
any idea on what theyre going to do?
Well, I don't want to start a false hype train, but WAY back in early September, they made a hypothetical on a stream about making it so he could always see auras of AWAKE survivors, then his power would grow in some way with the more survivors in the dream world.
i would love that it would make him a better tracker then doctor
Yes! I love the visceral feeling of Freddy stalking and toying with the survivors and making them super paranoid. Class Photo right now is my FAVORITE add-on ever!
i would love it if classphoto ecame part of his base kit
I just hope they buff him without reworking him, I like his play style.
The buff may come with it but they're doing a complete rework of him so he may not be stronger as much as different. As long as they don't go back to how he was when he was first released, I'm looking forward to the change.
They never said that.
I really have no clue as to what can be done with Freddy...
Beyond excited. I'm looking forward to a rework but honestly, if they just tweaked some numbers and made some add-ons a part of his kit, ala Wraith, he'd be in a muuuuuch better place. Then again, it took two years to get Wraith outta the trash and the rework wasn't really a "reworking of his kit".
Maybe we 'll get a buff sometime in 2020 if people are still gonna be playing this game
For the last 2 months, the devs have been saying he's next up on the "rework chopping block". I'm almost 100% sure that this upcoming chapter 11 will include his rework.
we can hope but unfortunatly the devolopers have devour hope i think they have 3 tokens we need to stop hoping or soon well all die
Lol the devs are coming to mori all the toxic survivor/killer mains
yup but i am not toxic and always stick to the middle ground should be safe
I don't think they will have time with new chapter, mid-chapter patch, console optimization and new skins(because we all know how greedy they are when it comes to money) since they chose to hire more people to work on the skins rather then fixing the game
What? BHVR is like the least greedy, most transparent, most "good-intentions" video games developer company I've ever seen! They've most definitely been working on him, and I think he was planned to be given his rework in 2.3.0, but they wren't satisfied with it. Some things take time if you want them to be good. Also the optimization patch is in December, the next chapter is most likely in November, so...
Never came. So I wouldn't get hyped about the changes until you actually see them.
Those are drastically different from a killer rework. You're talking about major game-changers that devs have been working on for a long time. A one killer rework is most likely doable in 2-3 months.
They buffing Freddy? I had no clue... I hope everything works out well because he needs it badly and I do hope he doesn't end up broken to where we gotta revert him or nerf him again and again till he is in the same spot. Now I call this a case of the "Overwatch" so fingers crossed!
Question: what hyped rework was really disappointing?
I'm pretty sure BHVR had some sort of company/financial problem all throughout late 2017 and early 2018.
Not a lot happened that was major in any way from 1.5.0 to the emblem update. (1.9.4?) You couldn't have expected anything of worth from them during that time. Just a hunch though.
Bought him in the sale today.
Either the devs mess up the rework and I will use him as a deranking killer or I have a new killer main
Not ######### verbatim but they said something like it. They were tossing out a lot of stuff, like lowering the dream transition speed and making it easier to see as well as crazy ######### like having him increase his power the more survivors he put to sleep. It's all just speculation because even they said not to quote them on what they're going to do or when the change is coming.
That's my point, so many people have spread this nonsense about complete rework that everyone now thinks that's actually what's happening. Reducing dream transition, no wake up on SC, more power if more survivors are asleep, these are all tweaks not entire reworking of the killer fundamentally.
Well he's not going to be a new killer altogether. You can rework a version of something into something different but with a similar flavor. This is what hype is about.
A Freddy who gets a 5% movement and action speed increase for every survivor who's asleep would be a lot of fun. Especially if mori'd survivors were still considered to be asleep...
I'm sure they can make him at least as fun to play against as the Doc.
They probably had their hands full working on licensed Killers: Leatherface, Freddy, Jigsaw/Amanda
I actually don't own Freddy, but yes. I've been wanting to buy Freddy for a while and I probably will before he gets buffed so i can play as the old Freddy first. I obviously hope he's better, but I hope he's still unique and balanced for everyone.
.> @EntityDispleased said:
I know they specifically mentioned that however he's changed, that's one thing they want to make sure to address... the whole doing ######### in front of his face.
Right now he's the worst killer to play as and go against, so he needs a serious rework for there to be some significant improvement.
They have never once said this. That is 100% speculation on your part. The only known information is "winter". It could come out in January for all you know.
Played Freddy at Rank 1 with the worst possible perks, no add-ons, and still got 4K's... Freddy is OP.
Ironically enough, even though Survivors found out I was running Overcharge, I would stop mid-chase to break a gen; they would loop back to it to wake up; I would put them back to sleep and kick the gen again; they would loop back to it to wake up; and next thing they knew, the gen went from 50% to 0% progress, lol...
I'm looking forward to what they come up with. They've done a pretty good job with Trapper, Wraith, and Hag buffs. I'm doing the prep work now on Freddy so he'll be prestige 3 and max perks when the patch comes out.
Even if he isn't buffed until way later, quality-of-life changes for him now (or very Soon™) would be much appreciated:
I expect it would be out before Christmas because it would just be good business sense, but this community has a real bad habit of making assumptions. That other player was saying November. That's how rumors start. People read something and it sticks in their brain and then they repeat it and so on and so on. If you were expecting it in November you might be disappointed and they didn't promise December either.
Rework = sure
yes we are waiting but soon we shall rule i mean look at freddy himself he can barely contain his glee
Pretty sure freddy buff will be like ds nerf, they'll keep reporting it because they don't find anything to do with him