Any fellow OG 2016 players here? (NOSTALGIA THREAD)
I genuinely only see a legacy survivor once every ~3 months now. Are we slowly dwindling away?
I remember things such as;
- Loops that were actually infinite
- Facecamping could block any interaction with a hook
- Trapper could place a trap underneath a hooked survivor, guaranteeing a trade
- Exhaustion wasn't a thing and each perk had it's own respective cooldown
- Sprint burst's 20 second cooldown even when running
- The harvester was the biggest meme in the game
- Before balanced landing was introduced, there was no fall recovering speed penalty
- Decisive strike was not an obsession-specific perk and you could use it instantly on any survivor
- Instablinds
- That time instablinds took a literal meaning due to a bug that came up when the devs tried to fix freddy's blind bug
- Wraith had no bell hitting animation and the bell sound just emanated from him
What fun/nostalgic memories of DBD do you all have?
Comments
when sprint burst and others were pink perks, and you could activate sprint burst with no exhaustion just cooldown, was great
I miss playing killers without feeling the need to run addons to win.
Not for the killer kek
A few more fun memories I have:
and no cooldown mechanics ๐
I don't miss the broken infinites though!
Eh, I've been here since early 2018, the tail end of the Dark Times.
I was there. I remember. cue flashbacks of flames and screaming
Back then, I was a survivor main. Balanced Landing and Sprint Burst, my nectar. The frustration of killers, my wine. Flashlights? An enigma I still don't fully understand. Hated them then, want them deleted now.
I also remember feeling like a chump when I took a break and came back to discover legacy skins were now a thing I missed out on :P
Oh mah gawd I miss old nurse ;)
Not from 2016, but I assure you that you will never meet someone as old fashioned as I am.
I booted up the game for the first time in December of 2018, roughly around Legion's release. That Winter theme alone was enough to send shivers down my spine.
The old maps, old powers...Old DBD in general was the best game I've ever played. Everything was way better than the disgusting mess that DBD is now.
Old....Legion?
I would face Old Legion a thousand times in a row if it meant returning to Old DBD.
I miss the old bugs like floating head chainsaw Myers or getting ontop of the top of the harvester ogs know what I mean
7 blink nurse lmao
From the tail end of Dec 2016 but can remember a lot from your list.
Remember standing at the hatch for 30 minutes waiting for either the killer or the survivor to make a move. Pepperidge farms remembers
Mained Myers at the start. STBFL + Unrelenting ftw. Basement parties didn't last too long. ๐
You forgot the window sprint when vaulting from any position :)
Oh, I've got plenty of these memories from ages past. You've listed a lot of actual in-game mechanics from back then, so here's some memorable moments from me instead.
"Get good, idiot. Learn to drop the chase when a survivor heads to an infinite." - Countless survivors justifying infinites in 2016.
Followed by...
"Get good." - Mcote
"It takes SO much skill to do anything even resembling an infinite." - Mcote
I was so passionate about the game back then, and as a killer main, the comparison I noticed between these two sets of quotes really made me upset. I still remember trying to get involved in killer strikes in DBD's steam discussion forum way back when, which mods repeatedly deleted.
---
Also, never forget this famous video from back then:
https://youtu.be/hsie4pHH99E?t=488Just the tip of the iceberg killers had to endure back then too.
---
Literally so much has happened over the years that I've just accepted that the game will always be terribly survivor-biased, and refuse to treat it as a competitive or serious game. Just have fun, do whatever you want, nothing else matters. That's been the only truth about DBD for all these years.
Ask the hackers, I doubt anyone is proving them wrong on that.
---
Anywho, I'm rambling. Good times!
Me, sadly i didn't prestige my Sally (nurse) cause it was my first killer in lvl 50 and it was hard to lvl to 50 at that time and i didn't want to lose at my perks, not that i really care now it just a cosmetic. It was an interesting time.. At least no one was using DH in that moment the most bullshit perk until today and fun things like machine gun build existed.
I played a little in 2016. Didnt have the best internet though. I remember all of this.
good old times. I remember
well, at least im still on the Forum. currently taking my probaply longest break from this game ever since they introduced MMR with no end of that in sight as of yet.
still, the memory of a 4.6 m/s Nurse with 3 blinks at her disposal (EDIT: basekit. you could get up to 5 with Add Ons) is one i have engraved in my mind forever xD
the game balance back then was... questionable - but that was okay, because we all sucked at the game anyway.
also, as for the Legacy question: i think a lot of the old Legacy users got struck by the same fate i did, that being the loss of progress bug that was around sometime in 2017 - 2018. and since the Devs outright refuse to give back the lost legacy, well, you cant wear what you no longer have.
To add to your list, I remember things such as:
I'm going to have to include this even though it technically happend in very early 2017:
https://youtu.be/DI6dH85XxhEStill proud of myself for that!
Anyway:
Fun times! If anyone wants to check the full list of people in the strike group (as I'm not sure I'm allowed to link it) find my steam profile "Pepsidot" and check my groups.
Anyway to add a tiny bit more to the list:
I'll stop now... but that was fun to write up.
@Pepsidot
Back then the bloodweb was bugged and I might be mis-remembering this but I believe you basically had priority to get tier 3 or ULTRA RARE perks before even getting a tier 1 common perk. They tried to fix this bug by removing ULTRA RARE (and I think common?) perks which is why you don't see them anymore.
If I'm remembering right, the rarity chance was backwards so rare perks would show up before common. By grabbing the rare perk, the very rare version would be in the next web and the ultra rare in the one after. It made getting perks like Iron Will impossible as tier 1 was common.
That lasted for so long. Remember how long it took just to select nodes? Took ages for those that lost saves.
Sounds right. Here's a screenshot I found in early 2017 kind of showing off the bug:
Was only level 20! And of course you only got 1 perk per bloodweb back then, so getting tier 3 DS and SB was significant. Also, Iron Grasp, a must have perk started at common tier. I believe it was the VERY LAST perk I fully lvled up in my bloodweb for Hillbilly. The fact that I even took this screenshot and named it "About time..." really tells you how much I had been wanting the perk:
I can't tell you how difficult it was for me to press the prestige button to try and get the mysterious "uber prestige" the devs announced after having spent so much time lvling to lvl 50 and beyond. Not knowing how much the grind would really be reduced. And yeah, part of the grind was spending BP at a snail's pace in the old bloodweb's as you mentioned!
Remember when there was 2 pallets at every loop?
Ah sweet 2016. Those were the days I never knew this game existed.
Here is one for my 2016 friends.
Something that should have never been removed:
I never played back than, I always thought it was a cooler animation, but I think they found it was too long.
Not a Steam player so best I can do is 2017 take it or leave it ๐