What perks do need a rework

Now I don't mean bringing them back to the old version just reworking them to make them more useful.

Comments

  • Sole Survivor

    Cruel Limits

    Buckle Up

    Monstrous Shrine

    Boil Over

    many others

  • iron will. it should have an activation requirement

  • @GannTM said:

    Sole Survivor

    Cruel Limits

    Buckle Up

    Monstrous Shrine

    Boil Over

    many others

    Could you explain how they should change

  • perk idea:

    Hex: Win

    • You win
    • "Dang, he won"

    Boon: Win

    • You win
    • "Dang, he won"


    But what needs a rework?

    Sole Survivor

    Cruel Limits

    Buckle Up

    Monstrous Shrine

    Boil Over

    Wake Up

    Fire Up

    Slippery Meat

    Mettle of Man

    Hex: Thrill of the Hunt

    Object of Obsession

    Counterforce

    This is not Happening

    Hex: Huntress Lullaby

    Poised

    Hex: Devour Hope

    Fixated

    Dying Light

    Babysitter

    Red Herring

    We're gonna live forever

    Mad Grit

    Iron Grasp

    Sloppy Butcher

    Hex: No one Escapes Death

    Hex: Crowd Control

    And, to quote TheGannMann, Many others

  • Cruel Limits should block all windows and pallets in a 24-meter range of yourself (rather than where the completed gen is at) when a gen is done.

    I’ll completely rework Monstrous Shrine: it should be changed into a scourge hook and it should make it so that the survivor suffers from the broken status effect for a set duration after they get unhooked from the scourge hook.

    Buckle Up should make it where you recover from all status effects after being picked up from the ground and it should keep the old effect.

  • @Tr1nity said:

    perk idea:

    Hex: Win

    • You win
    • "Dang, he won"

    Boon: Win

    • You win
    • "Dang, he won"

    But what needs a rework?

    Sole Survivor

    Cruel Limits

    Buckle Up

    Monstrous Shrine

    Boil Over

    Wake Up

    Fire Up

    Slippery Meat

    Mettle of Man

    Hex: Thrill of the Hunt

    Object of Obsession

    Counterforce

    This is not Happening

    Hex: Huntress Lullaby

    Poised

    Hex: Devour Hope

    Fixated

    Dying Light

    Babysitter

    Red Herring

    We're gonna live forever

    Mad Grit

    Iron Grasp

    Sloppy Butcher

    Hex: No one Escapes Death

    Hex: Crowd Control

    And, to quote TheGannMann, Many others

    Explain why

  • @GannTM said:

    Sole Survivor

    Cruel Limits

    Buckle Up

    Monstrous Shrine

    Boil Over

    many others

    Sole survivor especially. Completely oversight of the devs to rework Object and Decisive then leave sole in the dust as not just a useless perk, but a perk that actively hurts you when used in combination of the perk it was created for (Object).

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    iron will. it should have an activation requirement

    I mean since ruin doesn't have activation requirement how about we give it one?

  • @Jejune said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2560597#Comment_2560597

    I mean since ruin doesn't have activation requirement how about we give it one?

    Ruin is a hex, Iron Will just makes you have no sounds while injured permanently, that's a big difference, it also makes perks like 'Off the Record' & 'Self Preservation' nearly pointless with its current existence as a absolute perk, the only one that competes is Bite the Bullet

  • @Mr_Critical said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2560930#Comment_2560930

    Ruin is a hex, Iron Will just makes you have no sounds while injured permanently, that's a big difference, it also makes perks like 'Off the Record' & 'Self Preservation' nearly pointless with its current existence as a absolute perk, the only one that competes is Bite the Bullet

    Yes, but it doesnt have a requirement and i cant use iron will while healthy so...

    Give corrupt intervention a requirement where the the gens block after you do x and timer is ticking regardless of whether you do the requirement or not.

    • Boil Over
    • Buckle Up
    • No One Left Behind
    • Sole Survivor
    • Beast of Prey
    • Cruel Limits/Claustrophobia
    • Furtive Chase
    • Gearhead
    • Hangman's Trick
    • Noed
    • Trail of Torment
    • Monstrous Shrine

    There are more perks that I think needs some sort of buff, and not a complete rework.

  • Monstrous Shrine definitely needs a full rework, it's completely useless.

    My one idea, that I admittedly haven't thought about in much depth, is to make it the Scourge Hook equivalent of Thrill of the Hunt, maybe making basement hooks count as Scourge hooks as well as having a smaller specific effect so it has some use without running other Scourge Hook perks with it.

  • All of the listed perks are underwhelming, or have neigh impossible prerequstets, Boon, and Hex: Win really shake up the meta, don't you agreer?

  • I made post about killer perk changes, so just here you go:

    @Dino7281 said:

    So I love changes they are doing in new patch, which tells me they are able to do some good changes. I didn't bother doing it even tho I like to do theory crafting a lot, because I didn't have any hope it would be used. I still don't have much, but at least a little chance is there now...

    So first perks that I consider good enough:

    Not all of them are really meta, but there are killers / tactics that benefit from those perks, or they just fun to use.

    A Nurse's Calling, Bamboozle, Barbecue & Chilli, Bitter Murmur, Blood Warden, Corrupt Intervention, Dark Devotion, Deadlock, Deerstalker, Discordance, Enduring, Eruption, Fearmonger, Franklin's Demise, Hex: Blood Favour, Hex: Crowd Control, Hex: Devour Hope, Hex: Haunted Ground, Hex: Huntress Lullaby, Hex: No One Escapes Death, Hex: Plaything, Hex: Retribution, Hex: Ruin, Hex: The Third Seal, Hex: Undying, Hoarder, Hysteria, I'm All Ears, Infectious Fright, Iron Grasp, Iron Maiden, Knock Out, Lethal Pursuer, Lightborn, Mad Grit, Make Your Choice, Monitor & Abuse, Nemesis, No Way Out, Play with Your Food, Pop Goes the Weasel, Rancor, Save the Best for Last, Scourge Hook: Gift of Pain, Shadowborn, Sloppy Butcher, Spirit Fury, Starstruck, Thanatophobia, Thrilling Tremors, Tinkerer, Unnerving Presence, Whispers, Zanshin Tactics

    Perks with minor changes:

    Some perks are decent, but just don't have good enough numbers / effects to compete with other perks.

    Agitation

    You also pick up survivors 10% faster.

    Blood Echo

    It's not really bad perk, but it needs something more, I would give this same treatment as they tried for Fearmonger. I would nerf duration to 30 seconds, cool-down is fine, but also give all other survivors Oblivious.

    Alternative is just let current effects work on each survivor, not just injured.

    Brutal Strength

    It's nice to use on some killers, but buff to number would be nice, maybe up to 30%.

    Claustrophobia

    This will not be fixed just by a number, it needs something more. Either give it also an effect of bigger TR, let's say + 10 meters, or let it work also on downed survivors for slugging builds. I would rather go TR way.

    Coup de Grâce

    It's fun perk, but the way how you get tokens is not good. There is that problem that you often play without Lunge unless you want to waste it, which is huge downside. I would give it token for each hooked survivor. It would need some testing, we might want to make it for each non-sacrifice hook, so it promotes more friendly game-play.

    Cruel Limits

    It's really bad perk and need bigger buff than just numbers. Make it block also pallets, there is limited amount of uses, so we should make it worth it. It might be also fun to change location from gen to killer.

    Dead Man's Switch

    I would try to make it work just whenever you hook a survivor. That effect is not strong enough for it to be obsession only.

    Deathbound

    I like an idea, but there are ways to play around this perk. I would change it that whenever any survivor gets healed (even self-care) at least 32 meters away from you, that survivor will scream and get Oblivious for 40 seconds.

    This would need some testing, because it might be too strong on some fast killers, because survivors just would not be able to recover. So there might be cool-down needed, maybe also 40 seconds.

    Distressing

    It is kinda meme perk and I would just push it even more. Let's make it 50%. It would buff other perks that might need to get little better as Unnerving Presence for example. It would be just fun to have version of Lullaby on each killer, so it would be harder to predict that killer is going for you.

    Dragon's Grip

    I would make it work kinda like Blast Mine, where you don't get cool-down, if noone touched that gen.

    Dying Light

    I am going to use it many times more, but I really like system of BBQ / No way out, just because it is more healthy for the game. I would change it that you get token for each unique hooked survivor. Rest stay same overall penalty for non-obsession and unhooking + healing penalty for obsession, but numbers would change into 6% per token.

    Fire Up

    I would like to see better numbers, but then it might be kinda broken with Brutal Strenght. What about remove breaking pallets effect and increase it to like 6%?

    Furtive Chase

    Change it from obsession to unique survivor again. Max stacks was 4 already, so rest can be same. It might be fun to use.

    Gearhead

    It could be interesting info perk, but it is just bad now. It might be interesting to change activation, so even special attacks work and you would see highlighted all gens with any progress for 10 seconds. Even gens with like 1%, where noone actually is.

    Hangman's Trick

    What about kinda reversed BBQ? While carrying a survivor you will see all other Survivors' Auras when they are inside your TR. Cool-down 30 seconds.

    Jolt

    Make it work on special attacks too. When it is free for all, it should actually work for all.

    Oppression

    Cool-down is way too high, I would get it down to 40 seconds. It would still not be meta, but it would be interesting to use. You still need gen with progress to activate it, so it's not like you would be able to actually use it every 40 seconds, but I would like to have an option.

    Overcharge

    This is just bad compare to Eruption and even current Oppression. I would keep current effect and add faster passive regression, maybe like 200% (Ruin).

    Overwhelming Presence

    I would make it global, so it actually works on any item. Because let's be honest, only item that is affected now is Flashlight.

    Otz had evil idea that whenever you are in TR, your item would be passively losing charges.

    Predator

    Add highlight of blood, like Victor has. It might be kinda noob-friendly perk that needs to help with tracking.

    Remember Me

    Just make it work on everybody. You can gain totems still just from Obsession, but it should apply to every survivor.

    Spies from the Shadows

    Just remove cool-down. I would also add effect, that you will not disturb crows.

    Surveillance

    Don't highlight gen, if it regressed to 0, that is really annoying. Highligh only if survivor stopped regression.

    Territorial Imperative

    My problem with this perk is, that some maps have just bad basement that are hard to get into anyway, or they are in middle of the map, where is problem with that range.

    I would make survivors that enter your basement also oblivious no matter your range from basement, so you have better chance to some value from it. I was thinking also about exposed instead, but that might too good for camping builds.

    Trail of Torment

    You will lose undetectable only if survivor actually starts working on that gen or you damage survivor.

    Beyond saving perk reworks:

    Some perks are just so bad, there is no way to save them with numbers, but I will always try to keep theme of the perk.

    Beast of Prey

    I would want to stay with Undetectable theme, but activation for Bloodllust is just super bad, so we need different Trigger. There are two options I can think of. Either whenever you lose a chase, or whenever you injure a survivor by any means. This would make it really good perk for Hit&Run tactic.

    Forced Penance

    This perk is tournament only right now. Broken status kinda force you to tunnel first survivor even more, which is just bad. I would like too keep protective hit as trigger, but change effect. Again two options: 10% Hindered would be good, if you wanna protect, so you will go down for it. Alternative is 10% Healing and Repairing Action Speed penalty until he gets downed, but that again would make you commit and tunnel first survivor, so I think Hindered would be way better.

    Insidious

    This is kinda bubba only perk for camping, which is just not fun, nor good. I think interesting idea is:

    14 seconds Undetectable status effect on the start of the game and after each hook. That would allow some interesting perk synergies with Lethal Pursuer and BBQ.

    Monstrous Shrine

    We would definetly want to bring Scourge hook system for it, but I don't think Hook Progression is healthy for the game. So I would try several things for it. Mainly +2 extra hooks, if combined with other Scourge hook perks.

    Then as for actual effect, I can see two options: Survivors are unable to self-unhook and unhooking speed is 30% slower, or make it same system as Gift of Pain -> survivor gets oblivious status effect, which is removed upon healing, but gets blidness until they are injured again.

    Stridor

    This is just useless perk after nerf imo. I would want to keep it sound related, but change it on the sound of survivor's footsteps, so it might be easier to track survivors behind a wall. Not sure if good enough, but better than nothing. Maybe try both effects?

    Unrelenting

    I would like to make it work like STBFL, but for missed basic attacks, so you would be able to get it into way higher numbers than current Unrelenting, maybe up to 60%, but you need to earn it. We can do it based on 6 stacks max.

    I am too lazy to work on survivor perks for now, so maybe later.

  • @Jejune said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2560942#Comment_2560942

    Yes, but it doesnt have a requirement and i cant use iron will while healthy so...

    Give corrupt intervention a requirement where the the gens block after you do x and timer is ticking regardless of whether you do the requirement or not.

    So your saying iron will is fine because ruin doesn't have a requirement. Even though it's a hex. So your saying if iron will was tied to something on the map and the killer can permanently destroy it your ok with it?

  • Most of them, really. 90% of them are never used...

  • Boil Over: Killer moves slower while carrying you. 10% maybe. I don't know this needs testing.

    Monstrous Shrine: Make it so all hooks get 10% faster entity progress, 15% difficulty on escape attempts, and 10% increased penalty on escape fails. Before anyone says that's op! It's literally monstrous shrine with 1% difference on all hooks. I'm curious as too how much of a difference this would make.

    Cruel Limits: Make it include pallets as well, Survivors can see which pallets and windows are blocked by aura (This idea can be removed or changed), and Increase how long it blocks too maybe 50 sec?

    Furtive Chase: Remove the token system make it so the obsession is oblivious.

    Hangman's Trick: Hooks can't be sabo'd, hooks don't get destroyed upon sacrifice. Spawn more hooks. Maybe like 2 or 3 more.

    Buckle Up: You can see the aura intensity no matter the distance, don't even know why this exists. Upon healing a dying survivor that survivor gets a speed boost for a few seconds. Maybe 3 seconds and 7% speed?

    Sole Survivor: Once a survivor is dead, The killer can no longer see your aura. I don't know this perk is hard to rework.

    I have a lot more ideas but most are just buffs and nerfs and not reworks.

  • @Tr1nity said:

    perk idea:

    Hex: Win

    • You win
    • "Dang, he won"

    Boon: Win

    • You win
    • "Dang, he won"

    But what needs a rework?

    Sole Survivor

    Cruel Limits

    Buckle Up

    Monstrous Shrine

    Boil Over

    Wake Up

    Fire Up

    Slippery Meat

    Mettle of Man

    Hex: Thrill of the Hunt

    Object of Obsession

    Counterforce

    This is not Happening

    Hex: Huntress Lullaby

    Poised

    Hex: Devour Hope

    Fixated

    Dying Light

    Babysitter

    Red Herring

    We're gonna live forever

    Mad Grit

    Iron Grasp

    Sloppy Butcher

    Hex: No one Escapes Death

    Hex: Crowd Control

    And, to quote TheGannMann, Many others

    There's a lot here that I agree with, but why Devour Hope and Fixated?

  • @Jejune said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2560597#Comment_2560597

    I mean since ruin doesn't have activation requirement how about we give it one?

    It's a hex perk... you can deactivate it. Maybe iron will should be a boon.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    iron will. it should have an activation requirement

    How about only being able to use it if you're one hit away from being downed?

  • @RenRen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2560947#Comment_2560947

    So your saying iron will is fine because ruin doesn't have a requirement. Even though it's a hex. So your saying if iron will was tied to something on the map and the killer can permanently destroy it your ok with it?

    Yes as long as they have to do it for 12s uninterupted.

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2560597#Comment_2560597

    How about only being able to use it if you're one hit away from being downed?

    y'all really defending iron will huh.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2560930#Comment_2560930

    It's a hex perk... you can deactivate it. Maybe iron will should be a boon.

    It could be a boon if it was mapwide otherwise you would have to add alot more to it to make it worth running.

  • Monstrous Shrine should be an S-tier perk. Having a perk that makes us survivors scared of the basement would be so fun. Rework it perhaps killing hooked survivors even faster, and making survivors going down there running slower perhaps. And making flashlight batteries drain faster etc. Survivors should be crippled in the basement.

    All garbage perks could be reworked and there are a lot of them.

  • Huntress Lullaby: 3 stacks instead of 5 stacks so it would be easier to gain value. The 6 % regression penalty should stay even if the survivors cleaned the totem.

    Surge: i would either increase the radius or decrease the radius.

    Penance: it would give broken and exhausted and mangled status effect

    Unnerving presence: it would also give reverse skill check


    Dark devotion: i would remove the obsession requirement, i would add 90 sec cool down.

  • Dead Hard, Iron Will, NOED, Monstrous Shrine, Overcharge, Coulrophobia, Unnerving Presence, Territorial Imperative

  • @MrCalac123 said:

    Dead Hard, Iron Will, NOED, Monstrous Shrine, Overcharge, Coulrophobia, Unnerving Presence, Territorial Imperative

    Full rework for Coulrophobia? I think that just needs a small buff, give it a lingering effect for a short duration and it'd be fine imo

  • sole survivor needs a rework bad. I feel like I've never seen anyone use it, I did and took it off permanently it's a waste.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2561359#Comment_2561359

    Full rework for Coulrophobia? I think that just needs a small buff, give it a lingering effect for a short duration and it'd be fine imo

    It'd still be way too niche, you could make the perk map wide and even then it'd still be kinda mid

  • @MrCalac123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2561369#Comment_2561369

    It'd still be way too niche, you could make the perk map wide and even then it'd still be kinda mid

    True, but I think it's okay to have perks that aren't super strong as long as they do their job okay/fit into a build of some kind even if it's a gimmick build, and I think pairing Coulrophobia with the Mangled status effect would fit that criteria.

    Regarding Unnerving Presence, I had an idea for that. Instead of shrinking the success zones, I think it should make any skill check old Ruin skill checks while the survivor is in the terror radius. Not that useful, but immediately much better than the hot garbage it is right now.

  • First thing comes to me is nerf 'Iron WIll' (grunts of pain only disappears while you're in chase) and give 'Off The Record' buff (grunts of pain disappears while you're not in chase), revert 'Stridor' and remove 'Dead Hard's I-frame.

  • Y'all really making a stink over Iron Will, huh?

  • All the meta perks. DS, DH, PGTW, Ruin, Corrupt etc

    Then game play should be balanced around having no perks both sides.

    Then said perks should be made fun(like pebble)/interesting builds(sabo squad, end game killer, basement build), or offering none game breaking advantages (windows).

    The fact that some perks give such a huge advantage and there are hundreds of perks that barely get a look in makes me sad.

  • Monstrous Shrine and Hangman's Trick would both make for interesting Scourge Hook perks.

    Coulrophobia having a lingering effect would actually work pretty well.

    My favorite suggestion I've heard to make Cruel Limits very strong was to block around survivors rather than the completed gen.

    Lightweight and Predator both need buffs or reworks--I sure as hell don't know what to do with them.

    I'm actually pretty okay with Sole Survivor as it is, having both played it and played against it--if anything, I'd like a minor additional effect on top of what it does.

    Huntress's Lullaby needs a buff, hands-down.

    Someone suggested having Unnerving Presence inflict madness one, on top of another effect that I can no longer remember, that was neat.

    Furtive Chase and Deathbound need a touch-up.

    Dying Light needs a change.

    Those are just a few--I'm sure there are others that are escaping me right now.

  • @Jejune said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2561191#Comment_2561191

    Yes as long as they have to do it for 12s uninterupted.

    So your saying even though there can be 4 iron wills and there is only 1 killer, it should be 12 seconds even though logically it should be 3 secs?

  • @RenRen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2561301#Comment_2561301

    So your saying even though there can be 4 iron wills and there is only 1 killer, it should be 12 seconds even though logically it should be 3 secs?

    logically it should but 3 is nothing

  • So your basically saying killer's should be punished more and survivor is fine.

  • @RenRen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2562731#Comment_2562731

    So your basically saying killer's should be punished more and survivor is fine.

    No what i said was iron will is not good enough to be a boon to begin with and you want it to be gone once killer sneezes on it.

  • @Jejune said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2562745#Comment_2562745

    No what i said was iron will is not good enough to be a boon to begin with and you want it to be gone once killer sneezes on it.

    I never said I wanted it to be a boon. I was saying that your saying that if it was a boon and it took 12 seconds you'd be ok with it. I think Iron will should just allow breathing while injured.

    Side Note: Boons require to bless. It would be more like a hex by what we said. Except for survivor.

  • @RenRen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2562793#Comment_2562793

    I never said I wanted it to be a boon. I was saying that your saying that if it was a boon and it took 12 seconds you'd be ok with it. I think Iron will should just allow breathing while injured.

    Side Note: Boons require to bless. It would be more like a hex by what we said. Except for survivor.

    Even if it was a hex it wouldnt be good enough to satisfy the hex. I would simply take something more powerful in its place.

    I mean you should hear breathing sounds but with the amount of audio bugs the game gets every update i am surprised they can duct tape it to what it is now.

  • @Jejune said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2562808#Comment_2562808

    Even if it was a hex it wouldnt be good enough to satisfy the hex. I would simply take something more powerful in its place.

    I mean you should hear breathing sounds but with the amount of audio bugs the game gets every update i am surprised they can duct tape it to what it is now.

    I literally just want it to allow breathing while injured that's it. I don't want it to be a hex, boon, Time limited, or needing a requirement.

  • @RenRen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2562817#Comment_2562817

    I literally just want it to allow breathing while injured that's it. I don't want it to be a hex, boon, Time limited, or needing a requirement.

    they will fix it eventually