Ok last Spirit thread until midchapter releases, but…

Here is a question for the people that say Spirit is a dead killer. What is she dead in? Is she dead in winning every single game, is she dead against players that simply played better than you, or can she never win a game under any circumstances ever? If she’s dead against players that are way better and you get matched with people constantly like that because of your high MMR, that sounds more like a SBMM issue that effects most killers than it is a Spirit specific issue.

Spirit is fine, just because she gives information now doesn’t make her a dead killer.

Comments

  • She is dead.

    I mean she is a ghost isn't she?

  • @Yords said:

    She is dead.

    I mean she is a ghost isn't she?

    😐😐😐

  • @Yords said:

    She is dead.

    I mean she is a ghost isn't she?

    he speaks the truth! wake up sheeple, Spirit is a ghost!

  • @Yords said:

    She is dead.

    I mean she is a ghost isn't she?

    Now this is comedy.

  • Shes gonna be fine, I’m looking forward to the changes as survivor and killer

  • @GannTM said:

    Here is a question for the people that say Spirit is a dead killer. What is she dead in? Is she dead in winning every single game, is she dead against players that simply played better than you, or can she never win a game under any circumstances ever? If she’s dead against players that are way better and you get matched with people constantly like that because of your high MMR, that sounds more like a SBMM issue that effects most killers than it is a Spirit specific issue.

    Spirit is fine, just because she gives information now doesn’t make her a dead killer.

    I don't like tru3 but being he the only one who put this on internet, I feel the obligation to show you why. Of course, Spirit is not dead.. Everyone knows that most of the killers are currently at least as bad as Spirit, but she surely is dead at high level right now. She had problems before, she has more problems now. Everyone who neglects that never participated or watched high level competition matches against spirits, take any of the Hexy's DbD tournament and you can see that she struggles.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoxYLiP7iLE
  • @Mercês said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/286654/ok-last-spirit-thread-until-midchapter-releases-but

    I don't like tru3 but being he the only one who put this on internet, I feel the obligation to show you why. Of course, Spirit is not dead.. Everyone knows that most of the killers are currently at least as bad as Spirit, but she surely is dead at high level right now. She had problems before, she has more problems now. Everyone who neglects that never participated or watched high level competition matches against spirits, take any of the Hexy's DbD tournament and you can see that she struggles.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoxYLiP7iLE

    I just don’t like using high level play in a justification that Spirit is dead. A lot of us aren’t playing at that level and if you are playing against people like that, again it’s a SBMM specific issue.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2556834#Comment_2556834

    I just don’t like using high level play in a justification that Spirit is dead. A lot of us aren’t playing at that level and if you are playing against people like that, again it’s a SBMM specific issue.

    You are only seeing one truth of two. Because if you take your argument into account, Spirit spammers who know how to use current Spirit's "guessing game" shouldn't play with low level survivors: they would be carried into high MMR matches. This shouldn't be a problem as you can see, as it applies both ways.

  • Technically she's dead 😂 but not dead in game she's far from that her place on tier won't change at all she's still powerful killer she just got bit counter play to work with every killer has one spirir should not be exception

  • @justbecause said:

    Technically she's dead 😂 but not dead in game she's far from that her place on tier won't change at all she's still powerful killer she just got bit counter play to work with every killer has one spirir should not be exception

    She’s alive to me 😔

  • Yeah we can pretend she's alive and is infact mutant not spirit lol

  • Honestly, Spirit has been dead to me since they removed her collision and gave her a vault animation.

    But in terms of strength, I doubt those changes are enough to make her leave the S Tier.

  • she wont be dead, maybe at highest level only nurse will remain (especially when they add the dust) but if u use insane speed addons it will still be very hard to react even uif u hear it... she will still be extremely annoying to go agaisnt yes but people now will start camping pallets way more against her.. i can already imagine it and going for the stuns...


    Enduring/spirit fury spirit meta?.

  • @hiken said:

    she wont be dead, maybe at highest level only nurse will remain (especially when they add the dust) but if u use insane speed addons it will still be very hard to react even uif u hear it... she will still be extremely annoying to go agaisnt yes but people now will start camping pallets way more against her.. i can already imagine it and going for the stuns...

    Enduring/spirit fury spirit meta?.

    Enduring Spirit Fury will especially be good with Uchiwa.

  • The nerf does nothing against her strongest playstyle which is short phasing. She's still too fast for any kind of reaction from the survivor in close range. The nerf only affects the Spirits who mainly do long phases which are not optimal for the high level play anyway.

    Although I'd say Blight is now 100% better than her now, especially with the nerf to most of her addons.

  • She's not going to get play anymore. The devs will implement all the nerfs

  • @Killing_Time said:

    She's not going to get play anymore. The devs will implement all the nerfs

    I’m going to play her. Scott Jund is going to play her. @HaunterofShadows is going to play her.

  • @Mercês said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/286654/ok-last-spirit-thread-until-midchapter-releases-but

    I don't like tru3 but being he the only one who put this on internet, I feel the obligation to show you why. Of course, Spirit is not dead.. Everyone knows that most of the killers are currently at least as bad as Spirit, but she surely is dead at high level right now. She had problems before, she has more problems now. Everyone who neglects that never participated or watched high level competition matches against spirits, take any of the Hexy's DbD tournament and you can see that she struggles.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoxYLiP7iLE

    No offense, but he is not really the most reliable source. Killer stuff is always weak while everything Survivors get is "insane".

    Let alone that I think that "High Level Play" is just something people bring up to justify broken stuff in the game.


    @Topic:

    Spirit is still strong. But she feels more fair now. I dont even think it matters that much that Survivors know where she is, since she is super-fast while phasing. Granted, this is my PTB-experience, which is without proper Matchmaking. And I also did not play many Killer games on the PTB, because of queue times.

  • To be fair, she was never OP, she was just "unfun" to play against.

    Her power is tailored in such a way that you either have very strong anti loop, or better map pressure, but not both, due to the recharge on her power. The best use of her power is in a chase, not crossing a map, so naturally, she still has no map pressure, just like any other M1 killer.

    Spirit can be very powerful, catching survivors unawares, or outplaying them effortlessly at loops. But if you can't actually engage survivors because they're spread out across the map, and they're smart about hook rescues, you will lose just as easily as Trapper as every gen pops off in the distance. Spirit is one of the few killers where immersed blendette is the meta.

    It now won't be so effortless to outplay survivors at loops anymore, so that's definitely more fair, but now she's lost her edge that sets her apart from other M1 killers.

  • @Mercês said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/286654/ok-last-spirit-thread-until-midchapter-releases-but

    I don't like tru3 but being he the only one who put this on internet, I feel the obligation to show you why. Of course, Spirit is not dead.. Everyone knows that most of the killers are currently at least as bad as Spirit, but she surely is dead at high level right now. She had problems before, she has more problems now. Everyone who neglects that never participated or watched high level competition matches against spirits, take any of the Hexy's DbD tournament and you can see that she struggles.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoxYLiP7iLE

    I am gonna be honest with you, I don't really care about competitive play. DBD is simply not designed for that, the devs would need to completely revamp their game for that and I seriously doubt they will put the time into making DBD a competitive friendly game.