I don’t get how people say Spirit was gutted

She is still invisible and moves at 176% movement speed compared to survivors’ 100%. Survivors just have counterplay now and it feels like an interactive battle between the killer and survivor, even though the killer has most of the control as they should.

The only thing that was gutted about Spirit was the stand still stupid ######### which I’m glad is getting removed. It absolutely needed to go. It was a cute little thing the first time you witness it but there’s just nothing good about it.

Good Spirit players like myself will be just fine after this nerf and she’s going to be even more fun than before because of the counterplay she has been given.

Also, one last thing I would like to say is I know that this is my 100th time mentioning Spirit since the nerf announcement but I’m just very excited for what’s about to come for Rin.

Comments

  • @Predated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2533312#Comment_2533312

    But you cant tell if she's behind the wall or on your side of the wall. You're 100% ignoring that aspect.

    The only reason Spirit is super easy to counter now, is because a lot of Spirit play her as if she had no indication at all. People still need to learn how to use her power to play misinformation. I've had quite good survivors vault a pallet into my face because they thought I was on their side of the vault. Yknow, players that told me Spirit was absolutely gutted and easy to counter now.

    Previously, that was a 50/50 scenario on whether you would get a hit or not. That match? I won about 60% of my mindgames. That is better than the original coinflip. Spirit has new strengths she can use that people completely ignore.

    Could you deduce exactly where she is if you had enough time? Yes, 100%. But she's nearly twice as fast as survivors, survivors dont have enough time to fully deduce where she exactly is, just where she is most likely to be. Which is good.

    Good survivors will know where she is the majority of the time. It’s funny, you talk about not knowing which side of the wall Spirit is on, but when I have used that talking point to show people that old spirit couldn’t know where survivors were at a structure, I was told to get gud.

  • I believe the phase sound as it is in the ptb is totally fine and it should be like that always. But the dust mechanic is garbage and is gonna kill her on high mmr play. Keep in mind that literally everyone runs Iron will there, if the survivor is smart and avoids grass or wood ground then you have 0 information as Spirit so it is literally a bigger guessing game for you than for the survivor.

  • All her decent green addons are definitely "gutted" and wonder if those new meme addons will be used.

    She might be close to "fair" position and still decent but new addons I am not fond of.

    Spirit unlikely depends on addons a lot, which people wouldn't be likely to think so.

  • @MegMain98 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2533360#Comment_2533360

    You said “Imagine making an opinion on how powerful a killer is based on the PTB”.

    As you clearly just made your opinion on how powerful you think that a specific killer is based on the PTB….

    Let people have their opinions

    You left out the most important part where I said that you are literary matched with all kinds of survivors, that is why you don't make an opinion of how strong killer is on the PTB, not because of changes that might or might not come when the patch is released to live

    and my opinion is not based on how people performed vs me while I played her, my opinion is based on the information that I as a survivor get when facing her & also it was obvious that this change would be really really bad just from reading the patch notes

  • Any killer nerf is met with killers whining and bitching as if they just lost the ability to hit survivors. Especially the people that claim to play at high tier

  • @PleassBuiltInNoed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2534922#Comment_2534922

    You left out the most important part where I said that you are literary matched with all kinds of survivors, that is why you don't make an opinion of how strong killer is on the PTB, not because of changes that might or might not come when the patch is released to live

    and my opinion is not based on how people performed vs me while I played her, my opinion is based on the information that I as a survivor get when facing her & also it was obvious that this change would be really really bad just from reading the patch notes

    And that is true! But don’t forget you’re also matched with people who are testing Spirit and don’t play her often. Most people are the PTB are not people who play Spirit often.

    She wasn’t great in her first initial 2018 PTB not only because of directional audio but a combo of other factors that she got buffs on and people have now accustomed themselves to Spirit and are more than comfortable with her. Directional audio will not be as big of a deal as it was in 2018 and will not affect most Spirit players because they’re already pretty comfy and good at playing her.

    Just don’t jump to conclusions. People thought Nurse was “gutted”. No. She’s still Nurse. People thought Billy was “gutted” and still think he is which I highly disagree with. People thought Twins were terrible (to be fair they released with a lot of bugs) and look at them now.

    Point is that think can always change and people can find ways to be good at any killer that isn’t Burger King Myers.

  • @MegMain98 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2535853#Comment_2535853

    And that is true! But don’t forget you’re also matched with people who are testing Spirit and don’t play her often. Most people are the PTB are not people who play Spirit often.

    She wasn’t great in her first initial 2018 PTB not only because of directional audio but a combo of other factors that she got buffs on and people have now accustomed themselves to Spirit and are more than comfortable with her. Directional audio will not be as big of a deal as it was in 2018 and will not affect most Spirit players because they’re already pretty comfy and good at playing her.

    Just don’t jump to conclusions. People thought Nurse was “gutted”. No. She’s still Nurse. People thought Billy was “gutted” and still think he is which I highly disagree with. People thought Twins were terrible (to be fair they released with a lot of bugs) and look at them now.

    Point is that think can always change and people can find ways to be good at any killer that isn’t Burger King Myers.

    Don't forget about the dust particles, at that point they can make her visible to survivors.

    And it basically does not matter how good spirit that you verse is, the information you get is the whole reason why the nerf was super dumb.

    Always pre-drop pallet and she can never get you unless she has mother daughter ring.

    With iron will, you are inivisible to spirit completely, and everyone uses the perk because its just insanely strong against every killer.


    And btw nurse was my favourite killer, i spent over around 40% of my whole playtime on her and the only thing that needed fixing was removing the omega-blink nurse and additional blinks she could get from addons, but it was mostly omega which was feared.

    The whole issue with omega nurse was devs fault anyway, they make her charge speed and blink travel speed scale with range which made it pretty dumb to go against as she could be everywhere in no time.

    However devs chose the worst possible way to fix their ######### mistake, nurse was gutten, but not power-wise. She is almost just as strong as the old nurse without addons. What they gutten about her was the 'fun' element. Cooldown was the cheapest way to make her weaker and it only made her boring. Imagine fatigue + loss of vision + movement speed lower than survivor and then on top of that you have to wait for a cooldown. Survivors that simply hold W get so far away that you won't even catch up to them with blinks and even if you do, long range blinks are pretty easy to dodge since thanks to the trail nurse leaves in her blink you can tell which way exactly is she going.

  • My only issue is that we're reaching a strange balancing point, where Killers need to put in the time, practise their powers, while Survivors get all their solutions and counterplay served on a silver platter. And this is largely due to the fact Survivors can really only vault, run and drop pallets, so I suppose it's a design issue, but an issue regardless.

    And yes, Spirit needed the nerf, but I'm not sure if this is it. Take Deathslinger who was nerfed mainly due to being "unfun to verse", without being given anything in return to ensure he's actually fun to play to begin with. While acceptable this time, the direction of these two nerfs concerns me.

  • @Clowning said:

    My only issue is that we're reaching a strange balancing point, where Killers need to put in the time, practise their powers, while Survivors get all their solutions and counterplay served on a silver platter. And this is largely due to the fact Survivors can really only vault, run and drop pallets, so I suppose it's a design issue, but an issue regardless.

    And yes, Spirit needed the nerf, but I'm not sure if this is it. Take Deathslinger who was nerfed mainly due to being "unfun to verse", without being given anything in return to ensure he's actually fun to play to begin with. While acceptable this time, the direction of these two nerfs concerns me.

    I honestly never understood the hate against Slinger, and he’s currently not a great killer.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2533298#Comment_2533298

    I mean I did fine on the PTB as her. Although I haven’t been able to play against her yet because out of the several survivor games I played on the PTB, none of them were Spirit. It was quite annoying because I wanted to test it out.

    You can't take ptb survivors serious.

  • @MigrantTheGreat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/284409/i-don-t-get-how-people-say-spirit-was-gutted

    I played against her in the PTB a day ago and I purposely took off IW.

    She's way too easy to play against. I don't even have to try and listen to track her while phasing.

    If your at a loop and you try to loop her she might as well be a 110 M1 killer.

    If she's not allowing you to loop, than you can literally run through a pallet, and throw it down and she has no choice but to break the pallet since she's easily tracked.

    Honestly I'd rather play against live servers Spirit because at least she required a brain to play against.

    This. I only played 2 games with her but both times survivors just sat at a pallet or window and listened for my position.

  • She obviously wasn't gutted. People just don't like that she finally has counterplay now. She's still a VERY GOOD killer in the right hands.

  • Yet you made your opinion from the PTB. Spirit will be fine, I’m telling you, all you need is practice and experience. You just won’t win every single game as you shouldn’t.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    She obviously wasn't gutted. People just don't like that she finally has counterplay now. She's still a VERY GOOD killer in the right hands.

    @IronKnight55 said:

    She obviously wasn't gutted. People just don't like that she finally has counterplay now. She's still a VERY GOOD killer in the right hands.

    Speed doesn't mean anything against a window or pallet.

  • Her potential to defeat the highest level is probably what's gutted, not her capabilities as a whole. I'd say she went from S to A.

  • Can visually track her through sound now. Don't even need the dust at this point to keep her centered on my screen while she is phasing around.

  • All she needed nerfs for was her stand-still mindgame. Anything beyond that was always gonna be going too far, which they totally did.

  • Laughs in Billy as I shove my chainsaw up the survivors booty halfway through the window :')

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    She obviously wasn't gutted. People just don't like that she finally has counterplay now. She's still a VERY GOOD killer in the right hands.

    Your part of the percentage that either doesn't have enough play time with Spirit, or let's their survivor bias blind you from the truth.

    As a dedicated Spirit main, we are not upset that she has counterplay. We are upset that they essentially nerfed what made her kit unique, and now survivors require no brain to play against her, meanwhile she has no mindgame potential at all anymore.

    Yes any killer is good in the right hands, but with this nerf doesn't matter how good her player is, if survivors have ears they'll beat her at any loop because she gives too much information as to what her kit was designed for.

    I made a video 2 months ago saying "If you nerf Spirit, you either butcher her kit or you make her unfun to play" and BHVR killed 2 birds with 1 stone

  • @MigrantTheGreat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2538187#Comment_2538187

    Your part of the percentage that either doesn't have enough play time with Spirit, or let's their survivor bias blind you from the truth.

    As a dedicated Spirit main, we are not upset that she has counterplay. We are upset that they essentially nerfed what made her kit unique, and now survivors require no brain to play against her, meanwhile she has no mindgame potential at all anymore.

    Yes any killer is good in the right hands, but with this nerf doesn't matter how good her player is, if survivors have ears they'll beat her at any loop because she gives too much information as to what her kit was designed for.

    I made a video 2 months ago saying "If you nerf Spirit, you either butcher her kit or you make her unfun to play" and BHVR killed 2 birds with 1 stone

    I mean survivors couldn’t really use their brains before anyway because there’s no information for them to work with. Now it’s an interactive battle between the survivor and killer and Spirit still has control because she simply moves 76% faster than survivors default.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2539088#Comment_2539088

    I mean survivors couldn’t really use their brains before anyway because there’s no information for them to work with. Now it’s an interactive battle between the survivor and killer and Spirit still has control because she simply moves 76% faster than survivors default.

    Actually survivors could use their brain, problem is survivors couldn't change their plsystyle and take risks to figure out counterplay. Kinda like fighting games. You have to take risks to get somewhere.

    Yes Spirit still has speed, but that speed is useless when survivors have ears and can pinpoint your location and can act accordingly. Or in other words, the speed is pointless if survivors are receiving too much information in the moment.

  • @MigrantTheGreat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2539092#Comment_2539092

    Actually survivors could use their brain, problem is survivors couldn't change their plsystyle and take risks to figure out counterplay. Kinda like fighting games. You have to take risks to get somewhere.

    Yes Spirit still has speed, but that speed is useless when survivors have ears and can pinpoint your location and can act accordingly. Or in other words, the speed is pointless if survivors are receiving too much information in the moment.

    Oh please. She didn't really have any counterplay against a good Spirit player. Survivors had pretty much no info on what she was doing. That's not fair. I play both sides a lot. I'll probably play Spirit a lot more now that she's more balanced.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2539194#Comment_2539194

    Oh please. She didn't really have any counterplay against a good Spirit player. Survivors had pretty much no info on what she was doing. That's not fair. I play both sides a lot. I'll probably play Spirit a lot more now that she's more balanced.

    Anyone saying they’re going to play more just warms my heart up ☺️

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2539194#Comment_2539194

    Oh please. She didn't really have any counterplay against a good Spirit player. Survivors had pretty much no info on what she was doing. That's not fair. I play both sides a lot. I'll probably play Spirit a lot more now that she's more balanced.

    Yes she did- predict which side of the pallet/vault she will be on. Now there are no mindgames- the survivor just knows where she is.

  • @MigrantTheGreat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2539092#Comment_2539092

    Actually survivors could use their brain, problem is survivors couldn't change their plsystyle and take risks to figure out counterplay. Kinda like fighting games. You have to take risks to get somewhere.

    Yes Spirit still has speed, but that speed is useless when survivors have ears and can pinpoint your location and can act accordingly. Or in other words, the speed is pointless if survivors are receiving too much information in the moment.

    At most pallet loops, it really doesn’t matter if you can pinpoint her location because she’s moving significantly faster than you.

    Her speed is absolutely a factor in whether or not she can catch you because she can use the audio to her advantage to make you run in the opposite direction and then she can double back at the loop faster than you can react because she’s moving that fast.

    It doesn’t matter at a lot of loops because she’s going to outpace you if she’s using audio to herd you in the opposite direction.

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2540056#Comment_2540056

    Yes she did- predict which side of the pallet/vault she will be on. Now there are no mindgames- the survivor just knows where she is.

    They have a vague indicator of where she is. She’s still significantly fast and is still invisible.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2540074#Comment_2540074

    They have a vague indicator of where she is. She’s still significantly fast and is still invisible.

    The sound is pretty clear, I wouldn’t call it vague. Speed doesn’t matter when you know where she is, which is why wraith’s chase only works at small loops.

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2540723#Comment_2540723

    The sound is pretty clear, I wouldn’t call it vague. Speed doesn’t matter when you know where she is, which is why wraith’s chase only works at small loops.

    Speed is very important in DBD. It’s way more impactful than stealth ever will be. Why do you think Blight is considered S tier?

1 2 ›