This is why I think Survivors should not able to use map offering

image.png

Entity brought us into MacMillan...That was a waste of a fun addon & an indoor map offering.

Comments

  • sux 2 b u 👉️👽️👈️

  • It has less to do with survivor's bringing offerings and more to do with a terrible offering system. They need to refund that stuff, cuh.


    But yeah, killer should have priority if they bring a map offering for obvious reasons.

  • @C3Tooth said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/90HLRQQLKAY5/image.png

    Entity brought us into MacMillan...That was a waste of a fun addon & an indoor map offering.

    It's not only map offering. There are 2 things survivors shouldn't be allowed to do. Offer map choice and hook distance. 4 hook distance offering guarantee killers life will be a pain no matter what u do. I'm very happy it's not meta.

  • Map offerings shouldn't exist at all if you ask me, as even now when they're narrowed down to a single quality level (unlike when we had common, uncommon and rare ones) they're bloodweb clutter at best and annoying when used at worst.

  • @Apollos said:

    sux 2 b u 👉️👽️👈️

    I was a survivor.

    @ThiccBudhha said:

    It has less to do with survivor's bringing offerings and more to do with a terrible offering system. They need to refund that stuff, cuh.

    But yeah, killer should have priority if they bring a map offering for obvious reasons.

    Map offering is bad in general, but some game changing addon like Scratch mirror is the reason it should not be removed. Unless they nerf aura range and buff him to 110% so Scratch mirror would not be so much map dependance.

  • I mean, you got unlucky. Happens. It is not like the Survivors burned an Offering which was in their favor (at the moment they decided to throw it in), since MacMillan-Maps are pretty balanced and normally go-to Maps when someone wants a normal game.

    IMO the only change which should be done is that Offerings which are not burned are returned. E.g. in this case you get your Midwich-Offering back.

  • ‘Delete survivor map offerings because I didn’t get to set the tone of the game with mine as killer.’

  • Sometimes (very rarely like 5% or less) no one of the consumed Realm Selections works.

    We have an offering to cancel the other maps offerings ('Sacrificial Ward') but it is very random to be useful...

    Probably we should able to burn 1 offering for the Realm Selection/Ward & at the same to burn another for something else (Bonus Bloodprints Events, Luck, Shrouds, Splinters,...). But it is probably a bad idea...

  • @GoshJosh said:

    ‘Delete survivor map offerings because I didn’t get to set the tone of the game with mine as killer.’

    I was a Survivor.

    @Aven_Fallen said:

    I mean, you got unlucky. Happens. It is not like the Survivors burned an Offering which was in their favor (at the moment they decided to throw it in), since MacMillan-Maps are pretty balanced and normally go-to Maps when someone wants a normal game.

    IMO the only change which should be done is that Offerings which are not burned are returned. E.g. in this case you get your Midwich-Offering back.

    I was a survivor. But still unlucky that Scratch mirror Shape is fun to vs, despite most of the time I will die from that build.

  • This is very unfortunate, but it could have been worse. It could have been Red Forest, Ormond or Coldwind.

    I think there should be map offerings (exactly for some map dependent builds like Mirror Myers, Impossible Skillchecks Doc etc) but I think they should narrow it down to remove the cluttering of the bloodweb (f.e. licensed map vs original map or indoor vs outdoor). Or give you map tokens and a shop where you can buy the map offerings you want (as Survivor I don't need 20 The Game offerings, on Doc or Myers I would love these...).

    It is true that offerings of the map that wasn't used or a Sacrificial Ward that had no map offerings to counter, I should be refunded like Shroud offerings.

    Edit: I forgot to mention that the offerings should be refunded if not being used.

  • So survivors shouldn't be allowed map offerings for niche builds that rarely show up. but it's completely ok for killers to do that so they can run their niche builds on a map that makes it incredibly strong and often quite obnoxious to play against?


    I know personally of a lot of people that hate mirrors myers honestly.

  • @LapisInfernalis said:

    This is very unfortunate, but it could have been worse. It could have been Red Forest, Ormond or Coldwind.

    I think there should be map offerings (exactly for some map dependent builds like Mirror Myers, Impossible Skillchecks Doc etc) but I think they should narrow it down to remove the cluttering of the bloodweb (f.e. licensed map vs original map or indoor vs outdoor). Or give you map tokens and a shop where you can buy the map offerings you want (as Survivor I don't need 20 The Game offerings, on Doc or Myers I would love these...).

    It is true that offerings of the map that wasn't used or a Sacrificial Ward that had no map offerings to counter, is refunded like Shroud offerings.

    That is incorrect. Map offerings are burned regardless if the map is the one chosen or not.

  • @Seanzu said:

    So survivors shouldn't be allowed map offerings for niche builds that rarely show up. but it's completely ok for killers to do that so they can run their niche builds on a map that makes it incredibly strong and often quite obnoxious to play against?

    I know personally of a lot of people that hate mirrors myers honestly.

    Let me guess: They don't use Spine Chill?

    Any stealth based build becomes ez to counter with that perk. I use it constantly since 2.5 years and it's a lot more than the "I'm a Blendette perk". It helps vs Tinkerer, Surveillance, the Spirit, moonwalking etc.

    And positioning is very important VS a mirror Myers (even with SC) since you'll need time to react. Listening to his Darth Vader breathing, looking around constantly (aka "rubbing a hole in your desk with your mouse") and not sitting at places where you can't see ######### are a good start. Playing MM is a good way to understand where he can ambush you and where he can't. I never understood the problem with Mirror Myers. Even back then, when Spine Chill etc did not work at all in EWI.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2516439#Comment_2516439

    That is incorrect. Map offerings are burned regardless if the map is the one chosen or not.

    I misspelled that. I meant that it should be implemented that it will be refunded when not used. I will correct it.

  • @Seanzu said:

    So survivors shouldn't be allowed map offerings for niche builds that rarely show up. but it's completely ok for killers to do that so they can run their niche builds on a map that makes it incredibly strong and often quite obnoxious to play against?

    I know personally of a lot of people that hate mirrors myers honestly.

    Or at least weaken the offering like slightly increase hook distance is Purple on survivor, but decrease one is Yellow on killer?

    Impossible skill check is a pain, mainly it prolong the game way too much. Jump scare is fun

    @LapisInfernalis said:

    This is very unfortunate, but it could have been worse. It could have been Red Forest, Ormond or Coldwind.

    I think there should be map offerings (exactly for some map dependent builds like Mirror Myers, Impossible Skillchecks Doc etc) but I think they should narrow it down to remove the cluttering of the bloodweb (f.e. licensed map vs original map or indoor vs outdoor). Or give you map tokens and a shop where you can buy the map offerings you want (as Survivor I don't need 20 The Game offerings, on Doc or Myers I would love these...).

    It is true that offerings of the map that wasn't used or a Sacrificial Ward that had no map offerings to counter, is refunded like Shroud offerings.

    The idea of giving only generic map offering is brilliant. Indoor, outdoor, license, original.

    Though all license maps arent as good as original.

  • @C3Tooth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2516449#Comment_2516449

    Or at least weaken the offering like slightly increase hook distance is Purple on survivor, but decrease one is Yellow on killer?

    Impossible skill check is a pain, mainly it prolong the game way too much. Jump scare is fun

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2516439#Comment_2516439

    The idea of giving only generic map offering is brilliant. Indoor, outdoor, license, original.

    Though all license maps arent as good as original.

    Yes some licensed maps are a nightmare, namely Haddonfield and RPD.

    But since many licensed realms have only one map, grouping these together would be an improvement. And you would have about 30/70 mix of indoor vs outdoor as well (I consider Haddonfield and Springwood as outdoor).

  • @LapisInfernalis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2516449#Comment_2516449

    Let me guess: They don't use Spine Chill?

    Any stealth based build becomes ez to counter with that perk. I use it constantly since 2.5 years and it's a lot more than the "I'm a Blendette perk". It helps vs Tinkerer, Surveillance, the Spirit, moonwalking etc.

    And positioning is very important VS a mirror Myers (even with SC) since you'll need time to react. Listening to his Darth Vader breathing, looking around constantly (aka "rubbing a hole in your desk with your mouse") and not sitting at places where you can't see ######### are a good start. Playing MM is a good way to understand where he can ambush you and where he can't. I never understood the problem with Mirror Myers. Even back then, when Spine Chill etc did not work at all in EWI.

    Whats your point here exactly?


    Killers want to complain every hour of every day that survivors run meta perks, but then when they aren't running meta perks, they are told they should run meta perks to avoid certain niche builds?


    nice, run meta perks, complain, don't run meta perks, get told to run them.

  • @C3Tooth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2516449#Comment_2516449

    Or at least weaken the offering like slightly increase hook distance is Purple on survivor, but decrease one is Yellow on killer?

    Impossible skill check is a pain, mainly it prolong the game way too much. Jump scare is fun

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2516439#Comment_2516439

    The idea of giving only generic map offering is brilliant. Indoor, outdoor, license, original.

    Though all license maps arent as good as original.

    Killers have 3 different types of oaks. Putrid, Rotten & Mouldy. Purple, Green & Yellow.

    what also matters is that survivors have a significant higher amount of purple items on their bloodwebs so are going to see the purple oak a signifcantly lower amount of times anyway, and like honestly why does anyone care, I can't remember the last time I saw oaks being used, let alone used prolifically enough for them to be an issue,

  • @C3Tooth said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/90HLRQQLKAY5/image.png

    Entity brought us into MacMillan...That was a waste of a fun addon & an indoor map offering.

    More like "this is why i think killers should not able to use map offering". You want play mirrors myers than adapt to any map you get instead of trying to build comfy free hit bully simulator

  • @NerfedFreddy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/282191/this-is-why-i-think-survivors-should-not-able-to-use-map-offering

    More like "this is why i think killers should not able to use map offering". You want play mirrors myers than adapt to any map you get instead of trying to build comfy free hit bully simulator

    I was a survivor.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2516464#Comment_2516464

    Whats your point here exactly?

    Killers want to complain every hour of every day that survivors run meta perks, but then when they aren't running meta perks, they are told they should run meta perks to avoid certain niche builds?

    nice, run meta perks, complain, don't run meta perks, get told to run them.

    I didn't say that "they should(n't) run meta perks". I was just saying that you can't complain about stuff if there is a way to counter it. And I never said that you must run SC to counter it. I only know that some Survivors complain about everything because they are too lazy to learn. Which is often the case with something like Mirror or even Tombstone Myers.

    And I am no killer main for sure. Maybe 25% of my matches are as killer, but 4k hrs of experience tell me a lot. So saying that "killers always complain about meta" is wrong.

    I wouldn't need DS if killers wouldn't tunnel and teammates would not farm off the hook. Nobody would need BT if the killer doesn't camp or instantly comes back. I wouldn't need ruin/undying/Tinkerer if Survivors wouldn't extend chase for 30s or more with DH Etc.

    It goes for both sides. I aim for balance. And sometimes it just needs knowledge to achieve that. That is why I told of possible counterplays.

  • I don't understand.

    So only one side should be allowed to use map offerings?

  • @NerfedFreddy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/282191/this-is-why-i-think-survivors-should-not-able-to-use-map-offering

    More like "this is why i think killers should not able to use map offering". You want play mirrors myers than adapt to any map you get instead of trying to build comfy free hit bully simulator

    Have you ever played a match as Mirror Myers on maps like Ormond or Red Forest on higher ranks or MMR?

    You don't win there unless they are really stupid.

    And Mirror Myers was never and will never be a Bully Simulator.