Facecamping Fix?

Something like is a killer is stays within 8 meters of a hook for more then 10 seconds it slows the sacrifice by 30%. Another Amazing idea is preventing de-pips in ashe-low elo where if you spend more then 50% of your time in game on a hook or in chase you can't de-pip that way. when you are facecamped out of a game at least it's not wasting your time when trying to climb.

Comments

  • @Shaped said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2501620#Comment_2501620

    Yeah but isn't it weird how the fix is always the same thing?

    Yeah, although face-camping is rarely an issue for me.

  • @Afius said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2501629#Comment_2501629

    Sadly I don't think camping will ever get addressed Bhvr likes to make perks as bandaid fixes instead of balancing.

    I think perks could address camping if they don't want to make meaningful changes. Something like reverse bt or a perk that let's you stunn the killer when they camp for more than x seconds

  • @wxnickxw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2501333#Comment_2501333

    Why was it abuse that killers would have to go for "hard" chases (whatever that means) as though anything less that an easy hit is abusive to killers somehow?

    Because there was nothing the killer could do to counter this. Either they go on a chase which means leaving the hook where they know someone is waiting for the save if you recall my previous situation or they stay and accomplish nothing since the hook timer wouldn't go down. It was horrfically unbalanced because all a survivor would have to do is loop close to a hook and the killer would lose all map pressure. Thats why its never been tried again, it forced a killer to give out free saves for every hook if they wanted to progress the game.

  • @Marik13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2501327#Comment_2501327

    Actually...I like this idea and have proposed this in the past as well as giving the overall survivor team extra points for escapes, kinda letting them reap some rewards together as a team.. Doing this might alter the thought of just being a defenseless victim to "Eh, I'm at least keeping this f***er busy with them face camping me hard.

    In general I do think survivors should get more BP than what they do now, especially if they do end up winning. I see nothing wrong with that.

    Thank you. I appreciate that you and some others are in favor of the idea.

    I seriously wish that the mods would pin this thread, not just because it's apparently rapidly becoming an issue but of course so the devs can see how various people feel the issue should be dealt with. I'd love it if they implemented the concept of a BP boost for the hooked survivor. I don't want nor care about or feel that I deserve any credit for throwing it out there, I'd be perfectly happy for them to just make the change and quietly announce that it's been made. That's all that would matter to me.

    I play both sides and while I only ever, EVER camp if a survivor is absolutely begging for it (like playing hotshot and teabagging, flashlight clicking, etc., after I've clearly been nice enough to deliberately walk away so they have the chance to get unhooked and healed, something I do in part BECAUSE survivors get literally half the average BP points as killers, just as you said), my goal in addressing the issue would be to allow both sides to retain their preferred strategies without interruption, and simply adjusting the endgame score a little bit so that the person who has all of their agency removed on the hook is compensated for their time being wasted. That's all.

  • @KFChris18 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2501507#Comment_2501507

    Because there was nothing the killer could do to counter this. Either they go on a chase which means leaving the hook where they know someone is waiting for the save if you recall my previous situation or they stay and accomplish nothing since the hook timer wouldn't go down. It was horrfically unbalanced because all a survivor would have to do is loop close to a hook and the killer would lose all map pressure. Thats why its never been tried again, it forced a killer to give out free saves for every hook if they wanted to progress the game.

    Wait why isn't down the other survivor an option? You know chase and down then hook the general way the game goes when the killer doesn't camp?

  • @Barbarossa2020 said:

    Don't get hooked. Easy, can't camp if you don't have a hook.

    You have never seen what I do to my slugs that dared to flash my eyes.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2501268#Comment_2501268

    No it wasn't. Killers can still 100% prevent unhooks, with either a STBFL or any killer that puts survivors in a vulnerable state.

    Your welcome.

    Survivors can still be unhooked and have BT that protects from insta downs.

    Before swivel hooks, the "press m1 to unhook" prompt simply didn't appear when the killer face camped. The killer body blocked the only unhooking spot and no perk or item would have made it possible to unhook.

  • @lordfart said:

    It would be nice not to depip when on stuck in chase for most of match. But the hook slowdown thing was already tried and failed coz it was abused

    How was it abused? And what did it do exactly?

  • When the killer was in range of the hook the timer would pause, people figured out they could just swarm it and tag eachother in to keep the killer there so person on hook would never die. It was abused enough that they removed it

  • @Neamy said:

    Without changing any of the mechanics, I would just slowly take away BP from the points gained from hooking, the longer the face camp, the bigger the point loss.

    I get that it's a strategy, but it shouldn't be encouraged, although I wouldn't take away the points if the face camping was after the gens are done.

    No risk, no reward

    I don't think the people face camping care so much about points as causing rage or getting 4k.


    to them the fun is in feeling superior with the least effort while many of us enjoy making the cool plays like saves blinds and my favorite the old vanishing act mid chase.

  • The survivor would run around the hook so the one that was on the hook would never die thats how

  • What’s confusing about me saying I’m a console player? People are talking about PTB stuff which console is excluded from.

  • @Viktor1853 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2502016#Comment_2502016

    The survivor would run around the hook so the one that was on the hook would never die thats how

    Then don't have the pause takeneffect while in a chase

  • @lordfart said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2502016#Comment_2502016

    When the killer was in range of the hook the timer would pause, people figured out they could just swarm it and tag eachother in to keep the killer there so person on hook would never die. It was abused enough that they removed it

    Then don't have pause take effect in a chase

  • @KFChris18 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2501507#Comment_2501507

    Because there was nothing the killer could do to counter this. Either they go on a chase which means leaving the hook where they know someone is waiting for the save if you recall my previous situation or they stay and accomplish nothing since the hook timer wouldn't go down. It was horrfically unbalanced because all a survivor would have to do is loop close to a hook and the killer would lose all map pressure. Thats why its never been tried again, it forced a killer to give out free saves for every hook if they wanted to progress the game.

    Oh my god the killer wouldnhave to....gasp CHASE survivors. For a win? And not just get hits instantly. Oh my God I can't believe that your right that is so much abuse i can't believe the killers testing it didn't all Uninstall on the spot.

  • That's literally what is being suggested by OP?

  • Then how would tagging be effective? If they are constantly switching in and out the killer is constantly I'm a chase and the hook timer will proceed as normal.

    Your objection was based on the timer being stopped while survivors tagged in and out was it not? I was point out that wouldn't happen and you seemed to have missed that part

  • @CormanClan said:

    Something like is a killer is stays within 8 meters of a hook for more then 10 seconds it slows the sacrifice by 30%. Another Amazing idea is preventing de-pips in ashe-low elo where if you spend more then 50% of your time in game on a hook or in chase you can't de-pip that way. when you are facecamped out of a game at least it's not wasting your time when trying to climb.

    If you want to stop camping the best way to get bhvrs attention is to just stop going for saves. There's no incentive to do so while the killer is camping because gens are the main objective. Benevolence is a side objective so if you load out perks to be stealthy or gen rush it will show up in their analytics as a problem. The real issue is getting enough people to stop hook bombing and giving the killer trades.

  • @wxnickxw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2501719#Comment_2501719

    Oh my god the killer wouldnhave to....gasp CHASE survivors. For a win? And not just get hits instantly. Oh my God I can't believe that your right that is so much abuse i can't believe the killers testing it didn't all Uninstall on the spot.

    What more can I say to make you understand? The hook countdown needs to remain as it is, otherwise there's no pressure for anyone to come off gens to save that person. Even if the killer just chased the person, that survivor could just loop around the hook, leaving the other 2 free to do gens since there is no pressure to save the guy on hook. But I have the feeling that this is lost on you. Go play some killer the come back and tell me about how OP camping is.

  • @Saviorace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/280645/facecamping-fix

    If you want to stop camping the best way to get bhvrs attention is to just stop going for saves. There's no incentive to do so while the killer is camping because gens are the main objective. Benevolence is a side objective so if you load out perks to be stealthy or gen rush it will show up in their analytics as a problem. The real issue is getting enough people to stop hook bombing and giving the killer trades.

    THIS is how you counter camping! The amount of survivors who can't grasp this makes my head spin.

  • @Rey_512 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2502291#Comment_2502291

    What’s confusing about me saying I’m a console player? People are talking about PTB stuff which console is excluded from.

    I'm still not getting this console thing. 😕

  • You do realize that console doesn’t have access to the PTB when it’s active, right?

  • @Rey_512 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2503262#Comment_2503262

    You do realize that console doesn’t have access to the PTB when it’s active, right?

    What doesn't have access?

  • I get you’re trying to be funny, but it’d be nice if you just answered the original question.

  • I've always thought a good (but funny) idea would be to teleport the hooked Survivor to the furthest away hook, like Pyramid Head's cages. The requirement for activation would be that the Killer was just straight-up facecamping (or within 6 meters of the hook at least) for 15 seconds and there were no Survivors within 12 meters or so. It would ONLY affect Killers who are just straight trying to keep someone from actually playing the video game and not Killers who are being forced to camp because of Survivors swarming the hook. It already works this way for Pyramid Head's cages, why not hooks in general?

    And yes, I know that PH's cages only have one "unhook" point and don't interact with hook perks (which is more of the reason why they make it teleport and hid the aura), but still. It would ONLY be a detriment to weirdos who think it's "fun" to keep someone from interacting with the game on any level other than hitting skillchecks until you're back to campfire.

  • @Rey_512 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2503273#Comment_2503273

    I get you’re trying to be funny, but it’d be nice if you just answered the original question.

    😐

    Not funny if you have to explain it...

    You don't know what a PTB is because you play on console.

    I replied as though I don't know what a console was.

  • @Mr_K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2503275#Comment_2503275

    😐

    Not funny if you have to explain it...

    You don't know what a PTB is because you play on console.

    I replied as though I don't know what a console was.

    I know that you were joking but I caught on late.

    So what’s this thing being referenced about survivors that abused something on the PTB?

  • @Rey_512 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2503401#Comment_2503401

    I know that you were joking but I caught on late.

    So what’s this thing being referenced about survivors that abused something on the PTB?

    A survivor would keep the killer near the hook to pause the timer giving their teammates plenty of time to finish what they were doing before going for the save.

  • holding m1 on gen fix when?

  • @KFChris18 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2502620#Comment_2502620

    What more can I say to make you understand? The hook countdown needs to remain as it is, otherwise there's no pressure for anyone to come off gens to save that person. Even if the killer just chased the person, that survivor could just loop around the hook, leaving the other 2 free to do gens since there is no pressure to save the guy on hook. But I have the feeling that this is lost on you. Go play some killer the come back and tell me about how OP camping is.

    What can you not seem to understand about the hook timer NOT stopping wheel the killer is in a chase?

    Maybe I can explain it simpler for you. If the killer is chasing a survivor who is looping them around the hook the hook timer will continue to count down just like it normally does. Does that help?

  • @KFChris18 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2502979#Comment_2502979

    THIS is how you counter camping! The amount of survivors who can't grasp this makes my head spin.

    This would work if you could finish 5 gens and 3scspr in the time it takes one hooked survivor to die but you can't so then it's a game of 1 v 3 with a couple gens left. Which is why it's effective strat and keeps getting used. Even if the survivors come to get the save realize the killer is camping and go right back to gens the camping strat is effective. Which is why you see it all over the place. If it wasn't effective it wouldnt keep getting used

  • @wxnickxw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2502863#Comment_2502863

    Then how would tagging be effective? If they are constantly switching in and out the killer is constantly I'm a chase and the hook timer will proceed as normal.

    Your objection was based on the timer being stopped while survivors tagged in and out was it not? I was point out that wouldn't happen and you seemed to have missed that part

    What are you on about? I was asked why DBD got rid of the hook timer pause that they implemented to discourage face camping, I explained why it got removed - survivors kept killer at hook so hooked survivor never died. That's it, that's why the devs most likely will never try anything like it again. Idk why you keep suggesting things to me as if I am the one proposing/objecting to changes here

  • @lordfart said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2502962#Comment_2502962

    What are you on about? I was asked why DBD got rid of the hook timer pause that they implemented to discourage face camping, I explained why it got removed - survivors kept killer at hook so hooked survivor never died. That's it, that's why the devs most likely will never try anything like it again. Idk why you keep suggesting things to me as if I am the one proposing/objecting to changes here

    Which is why that could be fixed by not having 5he timer pause if the killer is on a chase. Unless you can think of another problem with that?

  • Some spoke of abuse.The biggest abusers in this game are the killers.

    Don't you have DS?

    tunnel.

    Does the saver not have BT?

    tunnel.

    Nothing

    Tunnel,camp.

    Killer nurse.

    DS,BT it doesn't matter because I'm a nurse.

    Is there a hook on the hill.

    let me set up camp

  • @ProveKa said:

    Some spoke of abuse.The biggest abusers in this game are the killers.

    Don't you have DS?

    tunnel.

    Does the saver not have BT?

    tunnel.

    Nothing

    Tunnel,camp.

    Killer nurse.

    DS,BT it doesn't matter because I'm a nurse.

    Is there a hook on the hill.

    let me set up camp

    None of what you said I'd abuse. The killer isn't your friend who is there to make sure you have a good time.

  • @ProveKa said:

    Some spoke of abuse.The biggest abusers in this game are the killers.

    Don't you have DS?

    tunnel.

    Does the saver not have BT?

    tunnel.

    Nothing

    Tunnel,camp.

    Killer nurse.

    DS,BT it doesn't matter because I'm a nurse.

    Is there a hook on the hill.

    let me set up camp

    That's nit abusing the system though. We want to address camping becuase it's designed poorly. The system incentives it so don't call it abusing the system becuase you dilute the words meaning.( even more than killer mains who claim its abusive to change the game so that camping is no longer a good strategy )

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2504637#Comment_2504637

    None of what you said I'd abuse. The killer isn't your friend who is there to make sure you have a good time.

    survivors are not your campmates to have a good time with.leave the camp.You can also step out of the role of the no-tunneling, no-camping killer.

  • @wxnickxw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2504021#Comment_2504021

    Which is why that could be fixed by not having 5he timer pause if the killer is on a chase. Unless you can think of another problem with that?

    But this entire thread is about making it so there is a pause on hook timer lol

  • @lordfart said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2504404#Comment_2504404

    But this entire thread is about making it so there is a pause on hook timer lol

    Yah and it still will the discussion is about how to make thay work hence the exception for chases.


    So I'll put it to you like this woth that exception do you see any problems woth it besides the fact that killers would stop camping if it was implemented?

  • @wxnickxw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2505443#Comment_2505443

    Yah and it still will the discussion is about how to make thay work hence the exception for chases.

    So I'll put it to you like this woth that exception do you see any problems woth it besides the fact that killers would stop camping if it was implemented?

    Again I don't know why you're pressing this with me, I have no personal objections or standpoint on this. I came here to explain why it didn't work when they tried it.

    I doubt what you suggested would stop face camping though. The killer can just proxy camp, wait for survivor to come for the rescue and go for a grab or chase them when they get to hook....because the timer would be going again since you saying it should pause in chase. It would be even better to camp with because you can guarantee that survivors death and a possible free pickup. It would incentivise survivors to avoid going for rescue even more because there less of an upside

1 2 ›