This game has officially died

Ever since sbmm been a thing, why would anyone want to play as killer?? Like seriously killers have to rely on the mistakes of survivors just to win ffs. How are you supposed to do that when the teams you’re put up against are the top % each game.

This whole patch has ruined the game completely for low to mid tier killers that have high mmrs. Forcing more people to play nurse, blight, and spirit. How seriously boring. But I know this won’t be fixed, because bhvr on balances the game for casual survivors and not killer.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Because killer is fun. The mindset of "winning" or "losing" which has never been defined is clearly not a healthy one if you are magically not having any fun just because you aren't "winning."


    I suggest single player games if you cannot handle loss particularly well.

  • Why would anyone want to play killer? I dunno, because it’s fun? If you don’t enjoy the gameplay currently I would really recommend taking a break, I give the game a rest for a while every few months and it helps a lot.

  • You won't win every game. Too many killers are used to winning every game against baby survivors and when they actually have to try and they lose it's the end of the world. Loses happen.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    Because killer is fun. The mindset of "winning" or "losing" which has never been defined is clearly not a healthy one if you are magically not having any fun just because you aren't "winning."

    I suggest single player games if you cannot handle loss particularly well.

    it’s fun when it’s a balanced match not a sweat squad ever game. Especially when I’m not playing a high tier killer like trapper.

  • @lolololol said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2497439#Comment_2497439

    it’s fun when it’s a balanced match not a sweat squad ever game. Especially when I’m not playing a high tier killer like trapper.

    but that's literally what sbmm is designed to fix. Each killer has its own sbmm

  • I'm having more fun as killer than ever before. Finally survivors that understand how to loop and realize when I don't tryhard and thus often mess around with me.

    I've come across so many polite players today who sacrificed their items at the gate and even had 2 survivors sacrifice themselves to the Entity because we all had a good time and shared a funny moment.

    I played Nemesis and both of my zombies got stuck on top of a steam pipe in Midwich hugging each other.

    One of the survivors managed to jump on top of them and got double-hit (instadowned) mid-air. It was glorious !

    I recorded it, too. One of the best moments I've ever had.

    People just need to stop sweating for and play the game for what makes DBD unique in the first place - the gameplay.

  • @Yamaoka said:

    I'm having more fun as killer than ever before. Finally survivors that understand how to loop and realize when I don't tryhard and thus often mess around with me.

    I've come across so many polite players today who sacrificed their items at the gate and even had 2 survivors sacrifice themselves to the Entity because we all had a good time and shared a funny moment.

    I played Nemesis and both of my zombies got stuck on top of a steam pipe in Midwich hugging each other.

    One of the survivors managed to jump on top of them and got double-hit (instadowned) mid-air. It was glorious !

    I recorded it, too. One of the best moments I've ever had.

    People just need to stop sweating for and play the game for what makes DBD unique in the first place - the gameplay.

    i wish I had low Mmr to experience this

  • @xenotimebong said:

    Why would anyone want to play killer? I dunno, because it’s fun? If you don’t enjoy the gameplay currently I would really recommend taking a break, I give the game a rest for a while every few months and it helps a lot.

    I love how all people revert to this when I bring up core issues about the game. take a break, play a different game, or play survivor.

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2497447#Comment_2497447

    but that's literally what sbmm is designed to fix. Each killer has its own sbmm

    I’m ptg 3 trapper main. Ntm all my killers are ptg 3 and I play them all fairly often when I get bored of trapper.

  • If you stopped squeezing out every kill you can somehow get you would get more fun survivors, too.

    If I camped/tunneled/slugged with 4 slowdown perks I too could 4k as usual. But why would I do that? It's not fun for me, it's not fun for survivors and it pushes my MMR to the limit resulting in even more boring matches.

    There is just no point in sweating your arse off. The gameplay is what makes the game fun so I focus on that part and get the 4k mentality out of the room.

    Then again I understand if others can't enjoy the game unless they kill everyone. It took me 5000 hours in this game to get rid of my wannabe-tourney mindset so perhaps it just takes a while for others to overcome that mindset as well.

  • @Yamaoka said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2497480#Comment_2497480

    If you stopped squeezing out every kill you can somehow get you would get more fun survivors, too.

    If I camped/tunneled/slugged with 4 slowdown perks I too could 4k as usual. But why would I do that? It's not fun for me, it's not fun for survivors and it pushes my MMR to the limit resulting in even more boring matches.

    There is just no point in sweating your arse off. The gameplay is what makes the game fun so I focus on that part and get the 4k mentality out of the room.

    Then again I understand if others can't enjoy the game unless they kill everyone. It took me 5000 hours in this game to get rid of my wannabe-tourney mindset so perhaps it just takes a while for others to overcome that mindset as well.

    ah…so I should just stop winning. I should just lose every game. What a joke. You’re supposed to try to win.

  • I just checked the steam charts. The game still has an average of 52k players in the last 30 days. I'm sure people aren't happy with the current state but if it were dying, id think that number would be much lower.

  • @lolololol said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2497484#Comment_2497484

    ah…so I should just stop winning. I should just lose every game. What a joke. You’re supposed to try to win.

    And you are facing opponents who are also trying to win. What's the issue?

  • @lolololol said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2497445#Comment_2497445

    Most teams I went against before Mmr where still good, sure one would occasionally falter, but to go up against a top Mmr team every game is stupid. Especially how much of advantage survivors have. But hey, this forum is the equivalent to Twitter. So I doubt many neck beards would understand.

    But what advantage survivors have?

  • @lolololol said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2497484#Comment_2497484

    ah…so I should just stop winning. I should just lose every game. What a joke. You’re supposed to try to win.

    There is no "winning" in dbd first and foremost. Thats why people like you dont have fun with the game. You think theres a set win condition in this game and there's not. It isnt mariokart where the person who finishes first wins first place.

    At the end of each match youll notice it never explicitly says "you won" or "winner winner chicken dinner" or even "you lost" "game over". This isnt that kind if game. All youll ever get are vague statements like "brutal killer" "entity displeased" or as survivor "escaped" or "sacrificed".

    No one ever "wins" or "loses" at dbd.

    YOU think you win because you have some imaginary set win condition in your mind. YOURE the one making it agony for yourself.

    Thats what theyre trying to tell you.

    Theres actually a really good study that was done by the institute of game studies where they used dbd as a case study for toxicity in video games. What they found was that having no explicit set win or loss conditions in the game directly effected the perceived level of toxicity in the game.

    Whatever you think is a win in this game really isnt. You just made that up. Thays why you see people debate constantly about what constitutes a win or loss in dbd. Is it kills for killer ir hooks? Or is it hiw good you perform in chase. Is it a win if you escape or not? No one has the answer and the devs wont state what a win or loss is.

    Play the game for fun and dont worry about "winning" or "losing".

  • @lolololol said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2497484#Comment_2497484

    ah…so I should just stop winning. I should just lose every game. What a joke. You’re supposed to try to win.

    You only think in extremes, don't you?

    I do try to win and in fact I still do win more often than not (despite refusing to camp/tunnel/slug with 4 slowdowns on a top tier killer like most wannabe tourney killers).

    What I'm saying is the game is more enjoyable when you just take what you get without sweating for it.

    If it happens to be a 4k even though I didn't camp/tunnel/slug fine why not. If it's a 0k with many hooks that's fine too.

    At the end of the day I don't feel like any match was a waste of time with that mentality but you do you.

  • @lolololol said:

    Ever since sbmm been a thing, why would anyone want to play as killer?? Like seriously killers have to rely on the mistakes of survivors just to win ffs. How are you supposed to do that when the teams you’re put up against are the top % each game.

    This whole patch has ruined the game completely for low to mid tier killers that have high mmrs. Forcing more people to play nurse, blight, and spirit. How seriously boring. But I know this won’t be fixed, because bhvr on balances the game for casual survivors and not killer.

    Survivors should have to adapt around the killer and not vice versa

  • @Yamaoka said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2497485#Comment_2497485

    You only think in extremes, don't you?

    I do try to win and in fact I still do win more often than not (despite refusing to camp/tunnel/slug with 4 slowdowns on a top tier killer like most wannabe tourney killers).

    What I'm saying is the game is more enjoyable when you just take what you get without sweating for it.

    If it happens to be a 4k even though I didn't camp/tunnel/slug fine why not. If it's a 0k with many hooks that's fine too.

    At the end of the day I don't feel like any match was a waste of time with that mentality but you do you.

    @lolololol said:

    Ever since sbmm been a thing, why would anyone want to play as killer?? Like seriously killers have to rely on the mistakes of survivors just to win ffs. How are you supposed to do that when the teams you’re put up against are the top % each game.

    This whole patch has ruined the game completely for low to mid tier killers that have high mmrs. Forcing more people to play nurse, blight, and spirit. How seriously boring. But I know this won’t be fixed, because bhvr on balances the game for casual survivors and not killer.

    Is it possible that you killer Can't understand? Those few times that I too play the killer, I follow your own philosophy. But when you play

    As survived, frustration is much larger, when you come paired with players much more scarce than you, or at Killer that camperano. It is easy to make the philosophers with the ass of others.

  • @lolololol said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2497439#Comment_2497439

    it’s fun when it’s a balanced match not a sweat squad ever game. Especially when I’m not playing a high tier killer like trapper.

    Trapper likes that you said that. Even he doesn't believe it, but appreciates the luvinz!

  • @lolololol said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2497484#Comment_2497484

    ah…so I should just stop winning. I should just lose every game. What a joke. You’re supposed to try to win.

    If you aim your kill rate to be 80% (as you're supposed to win).

    You face survivors who has 80% escape rate. Who plays only to win.

    Sounds fair right?

  • @C3Tooth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2497485#Comment_2497485

    If you aim your kill rate to be 80% (as you're supposed to win).

    You face survivors who has 80% escape rate. Who plays only to win.

    Sounds fair right?

    Even tho I lost five game in a row and still get swf with over 6k hours. No, and to further the argument even more. This whole game isn’t even fair.

  • @PIP330 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/280216/this-game-has-officially-died

    I can assure you're not gonna play against top % teams, you're not as good as u think u are (by looking at ur complains)

    And you’re probably not good either. Bet I can roll over you and your buddies with clown

  • @lolololol said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2497519#Comment_2497519

    I’m taking it that English wasn’t your best class.

    Clearly it isn’t their first language, why are you being nasty in here for no reason?

  • @scenekiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2497558#Comment_2497558

    Clearly it isn’t their first language, why are you being nasty in here for no reason?

    Probably because everyone is also being nasty, get over it

  • You are not going against the top% of survivor players every game as trapper and most likely not as anyone else either.

  • @lolololol said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2497568#Comment_2497568

    Probably because everyone is also being nasty, get over it

    People are calling out your whiny, childish tantrum, not being nasty, unlike you. Grow up lol

  • @Aneurysm said:

    You are not going against the top% of survivor players every game as trapper and most likely not as anyone else either.

    All killers I have are ptg 3. Play them all regularly when I’m not playing trapper, maybe read the comments and it would save you the embarrassment of posting this one.

  • I wish I could play Killer but the queues are to long, which probably means that many people are playing Killer. My Survivor queues are instant though, so I play more Survivor atm.

  • @PIP330 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2497565#Comment_2497565

    Yeah bud ofc, never said I was good, so what's ur point?

    My point is who are you to judge skill level if you’re not even good? Bet you would dc half the games I’ve played.

  • @PIP330 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2497577#Comment_2497577

    Prestige doesn't make u any good, aka winning bps doesn't make u good, lol.

    You're not as good as u think u are, that's all, like if u are sweating a lot do u expect to get baby dwights? mmr will give u sweaty swf, that's how it works

    I play all killers regularly. Unlike most who stick with one killer then spread out their bps across each other one. I consider myself good with each killer. I haven’t seen a baby Dwight since three patches ago.

  • @PIP330 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2497618#Comment_2497618

    You're not good either, just saying u shouldn't act like if you're top tier, when you're probably not. Top tier players wouldn't complain about things like this lmao.

    Instead git gud or stop playing like if this is was a marathon if u want to get chill games, no one is forcing u to use blight, nurse or spirit, if u play like a comp player obviously u have to use those killers, and there isn't anything wrong about that, it's comp level, what do u expect? claudette's selfcaring on the corner of the map?

    And ok bud, u can bet all u want lol

    You’re obviously a casual that’s rank 20 still and probably doesn’t hardly touch killer. Ignorance is bliss and they’re plenty of killers in the forums with the same opinion. So you’re obviously ignorant on the state of the game. Keep playing and maybe, just maybe you’ll actually experience the stress of each game for someone who has higher Mmr than you.

  • @lolololol said:

    Ever since sbmm been a thing, why would anyone want to play as killer?? Like seriously killers have to rely on the mistakes of survivors just to win ffs. How are you supposed to do that when the teams you’re put up against are the top % each game.

    This whole patch has ruined the game completely for low to mid tier killers that have high mmrs. Forcing more people to play nurse, blight, and spirit. How seriously boring. But I know this won’t be fixed, because bhvr on balances the game for casual survivors and not killer.

    I'm playing Plague and having a blast? It is in your head that you have to play super sweaty ;) you gain nothing for doing so.

  • @Slaughterhouse3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/280216/this-game-has-officially-died

    I'm playing Plague and having a blast? It is in your head that you have to play super sweaty ;) you gain nothing for doing so.

    I gain pips……..

  • Honestly if OP took the time to reflect upon the posts they written in this topic, they might realize that they take the game way too seriously and are getting matched up with other people who also take the game way too seriously.

  • Due to some comments, I am locking this thread. Please remember to keep your comments towards others civil and respectful here on the forums.