Cosmetic shaming hurts

Nothings worse than saving up shards or some money to spend on cosmetics & then what do you get in return? "Ugly skin", "######### skin", "you look terrible". Is this what the player base has come to? Being mean to each other & hitting you right where it hurts. It's not even reportable worst of all.

Comments

  • You bought the cosmetic because you thought it looked cool. Your character was happy with your decision and is wearing it for you.

    Your character will be upset if you let other people dress your character for you. Think about how your character feels.

  • Are you actually serious or is this an excellent bait thread?

    If bait thread: Well played.

    If not: Grow a spine ffs. You bought the skins for yourself, not others.

  • My barbie dress up simulator is my business alone. They are just jealous they don't get to see her in the birthday suit.

  • Don't you literally say the game would be better if ugly characters were deleted from the game?

  • What i take from this is you let others opinion influence your decisions too much who cares what some random joe thinks.

  • @BadMrFrosty said:

    Are you actually serious or is this an excellent bait thread?

    If bait thread: Well played.

    If not: Grow a spine ffs. You bought the skins for yourself, not others.

    I am serious & it was the yule Deathslinger skin that I paid $10 using my hard earned jury duty money. I lost badly & it's a real kick in the gut post match to be to told "your skin sucks :p" It's a good skin

  • F79EB5E9-A3A2-484E-B894-6CA030A3AECB.jpeg

    To be fair the neon skins in this game suck ass

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Don't you literally say the game would be better if ugly characters were deleted from the game?

    No response to this is a definite troll.

  • Character design is different from their cosmetics. They cosmetic team works with what they're given which is admirable.

  • @CornHub said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2482336#Comment_2482336

    Character design is different from their cosmetics. They cosmetic team works with what they're given which is admirable.

    So it's okay to judge characters based on their base appearance but not their clothing?

  • Did this ever happened to anyone else? In my 3 years of playing I only had one person complimenting the nea head I had. The only instance of someone commenting on my skins.

    Is this a pc chat issue or another one of cornhub threads that really don't make much sense?

  • @ProfoundEnding said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2482352#Comment_2482352

    So it's okay to judge characters based on their base appearance but not their clothing?

    When someone picks a cosmetic that mean they went out of their way to pick what they liked vs. default which is what everyone has. If someone says my skin looks stupid I think they should be labeled just as toxic as sandbaggers

  • @CornHub said:

    Nothings worse than saving up shards or some money to spend on cosmetics & then what do you get in return? "Ugly skin", "######### skin", "you look terrible". Is this what the player base has come to? Being mean to each other & hitting you right where it hurts. It's not even reportable worst of all.

    Is your entire line of discussions you crying about something stupid?

  • @BadMrFrosty said:

    Are you actually serious or is this an excellent bait thread?

    If bait thread: Well played.

    If not: Grow a spine ffs. You bought the skins for yourself, not others.

    He does that every fluffing day

  • you have literally just angered an entire legion of Susienthusiasts

  • You know what? I haven't heard this one before. I like it.

  • @Shaped said:

    Did this ever happened to anyone else? In my 3 years of playing I only had one person complimenting the nea head I had. The only instance of someone commenting on my skins.

    Is this a pc chat issue or another one of cornhub threads that really don't make much sense?

    Weirdly, someone did say “no drip, your fit sucks” in the pre-game lobby earlier. I think that’s “cosmetic shaming” but I’m old so I could be wrong.

  • in honesty I main Feng, and if another Feng joins and doesnt dress to impress i leave that lobby.

    get those hideous rags out of here

  • @Vampirox said:

    in honesty I main Feng, and if another Feng joins and doesnt dress to impress i leave that lobby.

    get those hideous rags out of here

    Are green bunnies acceptable? Their heart is in the right place

  • You’re an odd one.

    But anyways, sounds like jealousy.

  • @CornHub said:

    Nothings worse than saving up shards or some money to spend on cosmetics & then what do you get in return? "Ugly skin", "######### skin", "you look terrible". Is this what the player base has come to? Being mean to each other & hitting you right where it hurts. It's not even reportable worst of all.

    Is this not the same in real life? To quote Tom Segura, "Sometimes people suck."