Does Blight's Rush count as a M1?

I'm trying to come up with a build for my Blight, and I just unlocked Haunted Grounds. Then I started to wonder if Blight's Lethal Rush would put a Survivor in the dying state if the survivor is exposed.

So that's my question xd

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Nope it’s a special attack

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Nope it’s a special attack

    It’s weird how Nurse and spirit are the only killers where there special attacks count as basic attacks

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2461156#Comment_2461156

    It’s weird how Nurse and spirit are the only killers where there special attacks count as basic attacks

    Well it kind of makes sense because spirit and nurse's power technically ends and you can't hit until after it's done.

  • @Afius said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2461165#Comment_2461165

    Well it kind of makes sense because spirit and nurse's power technically ends and you can't hit until after it's done.

    That's actually not true for Nurse. Nurse and Blight's powers are actually similar.

    • They both press M2 to use a mobility ability
    • They both go into fatigue if they fail to continue onto the next rush/blink or if they're on their final rush/blink
    • They both suffer a unique fatigue upon a successful hit whilst using their power.

    Kinda baffling really that Nurse's M2 doesn't count as a special attack to be honest.

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2461156#Comment_2461156

    It’s weird how Nurse and spirit are the only killers where there special attacks count as basic attacks

    Same with Deathslinger. Despite putting people in deep wound, it counts as a normal attack, cause perks like NOED still work if you shoot someone and reel them in

  • @RoboMojo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2461201#Comment_2461201

    That's actually not true for Nurse. Nurse and Blight's powers are actually similar.

    • They both press M2 to use a mobility ability
    • They both go into fatigue if they fail to continue onto the next rush/blink or if they're on their final rush/blink
    • They both suffer a unique fatigue upon a successful hit whilst using their power.

    Kinda baffling really that Nurse's M2 doesn't count as a special attack to be honest.

    I disagree, it makes perfect sense to me. Nurse's power is teleportation, after which she can turn her camera and lunge normally. Blight's lethal rush attack is functionally distinct from a normal lunge, as the hitbox is much wider (and I want to say a tad shorter?) than a normal lunge, and the angle of attack is restricted.

    A good rule of thumb is, if an attack used during or after a killer's power isn't functionally identical to a regular lunge, then it's a special attack.

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2461156#Comment_2461156

    It’s weird how Nurse and spirit are the only killers where there special attacks count as basic attacks

    Which is why they're top tier. When your power aid you into M1, not a special attack.

  • @CakeDuty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2461165#Comment_2461165

    Same with Deathslinger. Despite putting people in deep wound, it counts as a normal attack, cause perks like NOED still work if you shoot someone and reel them in

    Well the difference is though is that when you M2 with deathslinger you don’t down them instantly you have to real them in and then M1 so it counts as a basic attack cause you M1

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2461156#Comment_2461156

    It’s weird how Nurse and spirit are the only killers where there special attacks count as basic attacks

    Special Attacks are highlighted in the power description

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2461156#Comment_2461156

    It’s weird how Nurse and spirit are the only killers where there special attacks count as basic attacks

    Yeah I always thought nurse’s “lethal blink” should be a special attack like blight’s “lethal rush”. It kinda just makes sense

  • @AGM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2461217#Comment_2461217

    I disagree, it makes perfect sense to me. Nurse's power is teleportation, after which she can turn her camera and lunge normally. Blight's lethal rush attack is functionally distinct from a normal lunge, as the hitbox is much wider (and I want to say a tad shorter?) than a normal lunge, and the angle of attack is restricted.

    A good rule of thumb is, if an attack used during or after a killer's power isn't functionally identical to a regular lunge, then it's a special attack.

    "after which she can turn her camera and lunge normally."

    This is the best reasoning I've heard for why nurse gets an m1 but blight doesn't. That being said I don't think any perks should be limited by whether or not they're "basic attacks" except for a few exceptions like Save the Best for Last. I want to use haunted grounds on demo's lunge.

  • @RoboMojo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2461201#Comment_2461201

    That's actually not true for Nurse. Nurse and Blight's powers are actually similar.

    • They both press M2 to use a mobility ability
    • They both go into fatigue if they fail to continue onto the next rush/blink or if they're on their final rush/blink
    • They both suffer a unique fatigue upon a successful hit whilst using their power.

    Kinda baffling really that Nurse's M2 doesn't count as a special attack to be honest.

    Oh yeah have nurse chase survivors to M1 them. What?

  • Its a special attack as the golden rule goes: If it can break a pallet or hit over a pallet, its a special attack.

    Lethal rush can break pallets so it is a special attack.

  • I love how my post turned into an argument about Nurse, Spirit, and Blight's powers xd

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Nope it’s a special attack

    @Warcrafter4 said:

    Its a special attack as the golden rule goes: If it can break a pallet or hit over a pallet, its a special attack.

    Lethal rush can break pallets so it is a special attack.

    Thanks, both of you!

  • @RoboMojo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2461201#Comment_2461201

    That's actually not true for Nurse. Nurse and Blight's powers are actually similar.

    • They both press M2 to use a mobility ability
    • They both go into fatigue if they fail to continue onto the next rush/blink or if they're on their final rush/blink
    • They both suffer a unique fatigue upon a successful hit whilst using their power.

    Kinda baffling really that Nurse's M2 doesn't count as a special attack to be honest.

    Would changing spirit and nurse power attack to special be 2 big of a nerf, I think they need something but I don't want them to be ruined

  • @ilovedbd123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2461165#Comment_2461165

    Spirit and nurses power don't affect her m1, her m1 stays the same.

    Blights lunge increases when using his power.

    Gf still procs m1 effects when in stealth form.

    I'm not sure about nurse but spirit gets a super lunge from her power.

  • @AGM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2461217#Comment_2461217

    I disagree, it makes perfect sense to me. Nurse's power is teleportation, after which she can turn her camera and lunge normally. Blight's lethal rush attack is functionally distinct from a normal lunge, as the hitbox is much wider (and I want to say a tad shorter?) than a normal lunge, and the angle of attack is restricted.

    A good rule of thumb is, if an attack used during or after a killer's power isn't functionally identical to a regular lunge, then it's a special attack.

    I suppose you're right. As someone else pointed out, Blight's M2 can break pallets whereas Nurse's cannot. I forgot about that but it does kinda justify Nurse's not counting as a special attack. It is still kinda weird to me that the power that ignores all Survivor defences doesn't count as a special attack. I get why it's not a special attack. Still seems a bit unfair but oh well.

    @IlliterateGenocide said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2461217#Comment_2461217

    Would changing spirit and nurse power attack to special be 2 big of a nerf, I think they need something but I don't want them to be ruined

    It definitely would reduce the variance in what perks they could use but they'd still be insane as it wouldn't actually change their kit much. Honestly, making their M2s count as special attacks isn't really the nerf they need. The fact that they can use perks which require basic attacks is only a problem because of how good Spirit and Nurse are.

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2461217#Comment_2461217

    Would changing spirit and nurse power attack to special be 2 big of a nerf, I think they need something but I don't want them to be ruined

    I don't think it would nerf them too much personally especially not Nurse tbh. I don't really know how much of a difference it would make, things like NOED not working on their "power hits" would probably be the biggest thing.

  • It is pretty annoying how nurse and spirit are exempt from a mechanic that severely limits build options


    Don't get me wrong a lot of it makes sense, but it does limit build options a lot, like legion lost a lot of potentially fun perks (I used to like third seal on them) I think the devs think the community is a bit stupid sometimes when there's this striving for consistency.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2462394#Comment_2462394

    I don't think it would nerf them too much personally especially not Nurse tbh. I don't really know how much of a difference it would make, things like NOED not working on their "power hits" would probably be the biggest thing.

    So many perks require basic attack activation that work decently on nurse. If it was changed then every nurse would run Ruin + Undying + Tinkerer because there wouldn't be a point to run anything else. As it stands, there are like 20 good perks for killer, maybe.

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2461156#Comment_2461156

    It’s weird how Nurse and spirit are the only killers where there special attacks count as basic attacks

    Those aren't special attacks. Those are normal attacks that occur immediately following their special ability. Blights special ability attack is always a lunge. As either nurse or spirit, you can perform either a lunge or a basic attack.

    Although Legion can lunge or basic attack during a frenzy, it causes deep wounds, which means it's not a basic attack.

    Wraith comes out of cloak and enjoys enhanced movement speed, but that is a lunge or a basic attack, not a special.

    Onis big club is a special attack.

    Trapper can attack trapper survivors, but that's not a special attack.

    Get it?

  • @AGM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2461217#Comment_2461217

    I disagree, it makes perfect sense to me. Nurse's power is teleportation, after which she can turn her camera and lunge normally. Blight's lethal rush attack is functionally distinct from a normal lunge, as the hitbox is much wider (and I want to say a tad shorter?) than a normal lunge, and the angle of attack is restricted.

    A good rule of thumb is, if an attack used during or after a killer's power isn't functionally identical to a regular lunge, then it's a special attack.

    I disagree with you, and the reason that I do is that the lunge for Nurse is modified by her power and her cool-down is affected by whether or not she attacks. If Nurse were a killer that came out recently her attack would be considered a special attack, she and spirit were both grandfathered into having them called basic attacks.

  • @PalletsAndHooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2461165#Comment_2461165

    Those aren't special attacks. Those are normal attacks that occur immediately following their special ability. Blights special ability attack is always a lunge. As either nurse or spirit, you can perform either a lunge or a basic attack.

    Although Legion can lunge or basic attack during a frenzy, it causes deep wounds, which means it's not a basic attack.

    Wraith comes out of cloak and enjoys enhanced movement speed, but that is a lunge or a basic attack, not a special.

    Onis big club is a special attack.

    Trapper can attack trapper survivors, but that's not a special attack.

    Get it?

    Yes i get that but Nurses Blinks are called lethal blinks she can teleport through walls and hit people and have a fatigue but it’s not special attack. While blight moves very quick has a attack called lethal rush and when he hits someone he goes into fatigue like nurse but it does not count as a basic attack which is weird