Pyramid Head |Any add-ons that you wanna see reworked? Any Add-ons you wanna see nerfed/buffed?

I am working on an indepth rework to Pyramid Head's entire add-on selection as he doesn't have incredibly useful add-ons, with some being used to zone for longer while others are better at hitting from a range which can be really unfun to face.


My goal for these add-ons to be changed is to try and make the add-ons more descriptive on what they do and changing how some work overall, I might tweak his power if I need to

Comments

  • @Hoodied said:

    I am working on an indepth rework to Pyramid Head's entire add-on selection as he doesn't have incredibly useful add-ons, with some being used to zone for longer while others are better at hitting from a range which can be really unfun to face.

    My goal for these add-ons to be changed is to try and make the add-ons more descriptive on what they do and changing how some work overall, I might tweak his power if I need to

    I think killer instinct addons showing auras would be more interesting then slightly longer killer instinct

    All 4 purples

    All 4 browns (just so he only has 2 of each addon and not 3 of each addon, no more slightly/moderatly/considerably to choose from only 2 of each addon would allow for more creative addons

    Maybe his undetectable Iridecent to gain undetectable until he damages someone after sending a survivor to a cage idk

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/275222/pyramid-head-any-add-ons-that-you-wanna-see-reworked-any-add-ons-you-wanna-see-nerfed-buffed

    I think killer instinct addons showing auras would be more interesting then slightly longer killer instinct

    All 4 purples

    All 4 browns (just so he only has 2 of each addon and not 3 of each addon, no more slightly/moderatly/considerably to choose from only 2 of each addon would allow for more creative addons

    Maybe his undetectable Iridecent to gain undetectable until he damages someone after sending a survivor to a cage idk

    With this add-on pass, my goal is to have numbers shown for all of his add-ons


    Makes it easier to know what it means than hoping considerably is good or not

  • Both of his iridescents need to be reworked, they are utter trash.

  • @AnneBonny said:

    Both of his iridescents need to be reworked, they are utter trash.

    Seal of Metatron is pretty good though. I’d keep that one.

  • Speaking of cages, I would like an addon that makes it so you can cage survivors regardless of tormented or not, but now work like regular hooks [ ds, bt, pop, bbq now trigger]

  • Thanks for the ideas everyone!


    I know what to do towards his add-ons now, it will take some time to fully do this so don't expect the post today, but expect his add-ons to be about his trails, cages, and his ranged attack

  • I would change the coom goblet to also give undetectable while using rites, and not just while standing in rites already on the floor.

  • In my opinion, the only change he needs is that Punishment of the Damned should apply torment to any survivor it hits

  • Here's the effects I'd give to his Ultra Rare, Very Rare, and Rare add-ons.

    Obsidian Goblet- Now applies Tormet upon a successful Punishment of the Damned hit.

    (Previously gave Undetectable while standing in a trail)

    Iridescent Seal of Metatron- Rights of Judegement no longer spawns Restricted Trail Elements.

    (Previously revealed all tormented survivors for 6 seconds after a cage)

    Crimson Ceremony Book- While channeling Rights of Judgement, or standing in a Torment Trail, gain the Undetectable status effect.

    (Previously gave Haemmorage upon inflicting Torment)

    Lost Memories Book- A tormented survivor also suffers from the Hindered status effect for 5 seconds (15% Hindered).

    (Previously gave Oblivious upon standing in a trail for 15 seconds)

    Rust Coloured Egg- Punishment of the Damned now breaks dropped Pallets and Breakable Walls.

    (Previously gave Blindness upon standing in a trail for 60 seconds)

    Scarlet Egg- Using Punishment of the Damned on an upright pallet will drop that pallet.

    (Previously increased Killer Instinct duration by 1.5 seconds)

    Burning Man Painting- Remains the same (+1.5m to Punishment of the Damned)

    Mannequin Foot- Increases the trail cap by +50.

    (Previously increased duration the trail would stick in the environment by 20 seconds)

    Misty Day, Remains of Judgement- Increases Killer Instinct duration by 1.5s

    (Previously increased Killer Instinct duration by 1s)

    Tablet of the Oppressor- Now applies Haemmorage and Mangled upon being hit by Punishment of the Damned.

    (Previously increased Rights of Judgement duration by 2s)

    Valtiel Sect Photograph- Increases Punishment of the Damned movement speed by 15%. Rights of Judgement must be 50% charged before it can be used.


    All yellow and brown add-ons follow the pattern of the greens just with less percentage.

  • A lot of his very rares/ultra rares are either missing an effect or just don't last long enough(Or both).


    For Scarlet Egg it should have the additional effect of revealing the aura of a survivor crouching on the trail for the first 3-5 seconds.

    For Rust Colored Egg it should be Blinded until healed plus 10% speed penalty to any non Chase/non Altruistic actions until healed.


    For Lost Memories Book it should have the effect of applying Deafened in addition to oblivious and last for 45 seconds.

    For Crimson Ceremony Book it should apply Mangled and have the extra/quicker Hemorrhage blood pools Sloppy Butcher gives.


    For Obsidian Goblet its Undetectable status should last for 10 sec after getting off of the trail.

    For Iridescent Seal of Metatron it should just reveal all survivors unconditionally.

  • @Hoodied said:

    I am working on an indepth rework to Pyramid Head's entire add-on selection as he doesn't have incredibly useful add-ons, with some being used to zone for longer while others are better at hitting from a range which can be really unfun to face.

    My goal for these add-ons to be changed is to try and make the add-ons more descriptive on what they do and changing how some work overall, I might tweak his power if I need to

    You have a pretty extensive post history so I have to ask... Have you ever interacted with a developer on these forums about anything regarding balance and they then implemented said balance into the game? I've seen a lot of people put a great deal of effort into reworking addon's, perks, item's & killer power but I haven't seen any evidence that the developers took their suggestions to heart and implemented it.


    Do you know of any examples?

  • @Mozzie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/275222/pyramid-head-any-add-ons-that-you-wanna-see-reworked-any-add-ons-you-wanna-see-nerfed-buffed

    You have a pretty extensive post history so I have to ask... Have you ever interacted with a developer on these forums about anything regarding balance and they then implemented said balance into the game? I've seen a lot of people put a great deal of effort into reworking addon's, perks, item's & killer power but I haven't seen any evidence that the developers took their suggestions to heart and implemented it.

    Do you know of any examples?

    Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't


    However I am doing this in hope of bhvr possibly seeing them

    BHVR hasn't added anything I talked to them about before

  • His purple add-ons need to be looked at. The Ultra Rares could be good with some tweaks, like making the Obsidian Goblet undetectable trigger immediately rather than slowly fading out the terror radius over 5-6 seconds.

    -Lost Memories Book: As long as a survivor is in a Cage of Atonement, all survivors suffer from the Oblivious status effect. When a survivor is rescued from a Cage of Atonement, they scream and suffer from the Oblivious status effect for 20 seconds.

    -Rust Coloured Egg: When sending a survivor to a Cage of Atonement, the aura of the Cage is hidden for 15 seconds. Tormented survivors suffer from the Blindness status effect.

    -Crimson Ceremony Book: Punishment of the Damned leaves behind Rites of Judgment trails where it travels. (Torments survivors when hit because of this.)

    -Scarlet Egg: When a survivor steps on a Rites of Judgment trail, their aura is revealed for as long as Killer Instinct applies to them.

    There's so many cool things you could do with his add-ons, and it's a shame they're so boring and unimpactful.

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2449240#Comment_2449240

    With this add-on pass, my goal is to have numbers shown for all of his add-ons

    Makes it easier to know what it means than hoping considerably is good or not

    Yea but you could also eliminate bad addons and addons that are outclassed by 2 of the same type and replace them with meaningful addons at the same time

  • all his addons are garbage so no nerf, if any buff only range addons are worth using.

  • Personally, I think if he's gonna be a true map manipulator one of his rarer add-ons needs to make trails of torment last significantly longer. Seems like the yellow ones are the best you get for that.

  • they all suck or are completely boring or uninteresting. I've never met a killer with such an underwhelming add on set.

  • Almost everything needs reworks. Here's what I did:

    • Change Scarlet Egg to both reveal survivors' Auras and highlight them with Killer Instinct while they walk or run through his trails and for 5s after.
    • Change Rust-Coloured Egg to reveal all survivors’ Auras for 5s after sending a survivor to a Cage of Atonement or using Final Judgement.
    • Buff Lost Memories Book to 60s and add Blindness too.
    • Change Punishment range add-ons to 0.75, 1.5, and 2.25m respectively. This reduces the need to run two of these add-ons together.
    • Change Crimson Ceremony Book to increase Punishment range by 3m.
    • Change Obsidian Goblet to make the Executioner become Undetectable for 30s after using Final Judgement or sending a survivor to a Cage of Atonement.
    • Change Iridescent Seal of Metatron to inflict the Exposed Status Effect for 60s on any survivor who rescues a survivor from a Cage of Atonement. Make the rescuer scream and reveal their Aura for 5s.
  • Except the range, all of them. I even made a rework list for PH, lost in the Feedback section.

    @MrDardon said:

    Hello. Since I like to do Killer Changes and I already did Trapper I found the time to do changes to one of my mains.

    I was planning on going in order with the Wraith being the next, I didn't find enough motivation for that, so I went for a Killer I personally enjoy playing more.

    This list includes:

    • General Power
    • Add-ons
    • Teachable Perks

    I will share screenshots of what I did since I don't wanna copy+paste everything and especially write everything down again.

    Starting, with the general stats and the Power description:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/UYP6DZX3ZWT8/image.png

    Basic stats and how the power works didn't change at all. I am personally quite ok with his base kit and I normally use him without Add-ons. (Not like there a great Add-ons anyways but yeah).

    Up next, the Power stats: (Rites of Judgement and Punishment of the Damned)

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/KQ53QXUA8O9M/image.png

    Since I changed almost all of his Add-ons, I put some of the Add-on effects into his basekit so he isn't reliant on some of those Add-ons. With following examples:

    • Rites of Judgement duration increased to 6 seconds up from 5. In my version, there are no Power duration Add-Ons anymore, so I increased his base power duration.
    • Rites of Judgement recharge time reduced from 20 seconds down to 15. Same here, I removed all the rechrage Add-ons and replaced them with new effects, and therefore reduced the general cooldown.
    • Cages will now relocate if the Executioner is standing within 9 metres of the cage, currently 5. This should completely eliminate cage camping from a distance with a readied PotD. To compensate, I've increased the time it takes for a cage to relocate from 3.5 seconds to 4.5 seconds.
    • Punishment of the Damned range increased to 9.5 metres up from 8. Since most people used the range Add-ons anyways, I don't see a problem in increasing his default range. The Wax Doll Add-on wasn't changed so you can still get a maximum range of 10.5 metres like currently.

    Power Stats: Torment Trail

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/35CK3RGG5JRY/image.png

    I've increased the general time that Trails stay in the environment from 75 seconds to 90 seconds. Therefore I changed those Add-ons completely. The rest stayed the same.

    Now onto the Add-ons. I wrote down the current effects under my personal new effects so you can compare them. Starting with the common series:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/OQU2DBF7HDR9/image.png

    Uncommon:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/88477AMPP7HV/image.png

    Rare:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/Y53IWZCXV0NX/image.png

    Very Rare:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/HEH7ENXCYRR7/image.png

    Ultra Rare:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/BA9K5K212PYL/image.png

    Controversial Add-ons in this list and effects I am personally scared of them being to powerful.

    Forgotten Video Tape: Sounds niche and nice in theory but can perhaps prove to be to powerful. I saw this suggestion in a different thread.

    Spearhead: Hitting Survivors trough junk loops for example is pretty common, might be to powerful in that regard.

    Copper Ring: You will drop to 4.4 m/s, but with the upsides, good PH players might become extremely oppressive with it. But it seems like an interesting Add-on in my opinion.

    Crimson Ceremony Book: Read that one in a different thread as well, and also saw arguments that this effect might make PH weaker actually, but it still seems like a nice effect. This also won't obstruct hits trough windows, only dropped pallets and breakable walls.

    Iridescent Goblet or Obsidian Goblet: I personally don't know how to change this. What I did was that I gave PH freedom with the Undetectable effect with a greater downside of Trails disappearing and also gave it a cooldown. The current version just seems to weak and niche.

    Now the last but not least, the Perks:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/1E5I6ISH02SO/image.png

    Forced Penance seemed to situational and meme'y to me. I made the effect permanent until the Survivors enters the Dying State but with a cooldown, which totally isn't there because of Perk Tiers.

    Trail of Torment. Why the yellow Aura? I made it gone, no yellow Aura. I also reduced the cooldown. No but seriously, you lose it as soon as someone taps a gen or gets hit. It's not like you are Undetectable for the whole match as soon as you kick a gen. It's decent currently but it can definitely better, and with this I think the Perk might actually become good.

    Deathbound: I don't know what to say about it. The effect of being oblivious when healing someone far away from the Killer might sound funny and all, but it's not practical. I replaced the "Oblivious" Effect with the "Exposed" Effect. The rest should be the same. The "Exposed" effect will now force the Survivor to stick with the other so they aren't exposed. So basically it's a Deathbound, if you leave, you die, so stay with your mate.

    That's all for the PH changes. Let me know what you think. I know there are quite a few PH mains here, I want especially your opinions on this.

    Have a nice day/evening/night, stay safe.

    That's it, if someone wants to read it.

  • Been thinking about this. As a PH main, I don’t think any of his kit needs any changes with the exception that maybe his range add-ons could be base in some form. However, his add-ons could definitely be more interesting.

    Here’s the purple add-ons revised to be more useful while still retaining a form of its original:


    Crimson Ceremony Book
    • Injured Survivors affected by Torment suffer from Hemorrhage.
    • Blood from Survivors affected by Torment is considerably more visible than normal.


    Lost Memories Book
    • Survivors suffer from Oblivious while healing or being healed by a Survivor afflicted with Torment. This effect also applies to Tormented Survivors healing themself.


    Scarlet Egg
    • Survivors struck by Punishment of the Damned have their aura revealed to you for 5 seconds.


    Rust-Colored Egg
    • When a Tormented Survivor is struck by Punishment of the Damned, they become Broken for 60 seconds.