SBMM TEST ENDING!!!!

WHO COULDN'T BE HAPPIER?

Comments

  • What? It’s ending already?

    good thing I played some fair killer matches yesterday and got my challenges. Now it’s gonna be sweat parties for every killer again..

  • @Mooks said:

    What? It’s ending already?

    good thing I played some fair killer matches yesterday and got my challenges. Now it’s gonna be sweat parties for every killer again..

    Really? It was sweatfest for me during the test lol. Or maybe just people were sweatier for some reason but I cant wait for it to be over

  • I will miss all the easy games... I just bought Deathslinger though, so maybe it will still be easy, muahahahaha.

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2432604#Comment_2432604

    Really? It was sweatfest for me during the test lol. Or maybe just people were sweatier for some reason but I cant wait for it to be over

    It was sweaty for me only when playing Wraith. But not every game and he is one of my mains..

    now we get to the old system.. you know, the one that was for a long time in use and which pretty much everyone complained about bad matchmaking’s.

  • Well kinda sad for me cuz I got to test it only one day. I went to the sea on Friday and I'm getting back tomorrow so I guess I have to wait for the next one.

  • Weee back to sweatfest.

    Hmm.jpg


  • Who confirmed this? I don't want to get my hopes up and be disappointed

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2432607#Comment_2432607

    It was sweaty for me only when playing Wraith. But not every game and he is one of my mains..

    now we get to the old system.. you know, the one that was for a long time in use and which pretty much everyone complained about bad matchmaking’s.

    Old system is bad but they didnt even tried to make it work, half of the playerbase is in red ranks and its been like that for years. Even tho red rank doesnt mean good teammates, it still meams more good teammates than bad. At least for me.

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2432620#Comment_2432620

    Old system is bad but they didnt even tried to make it work, half of the playerbase is in red ranks and its been like that for years. Even tho red rank doesnt mean good teammates, it still meams more good teammates than bad. At least for me.

    But even then… rank based matchmaking doesn’t even work like it’s intended more than half of the time.

  • I don't want it to end, I want it to stay. This is the best trial they have had and seems to work OK for a lot of mid skill players.

    If they kept it on they could then start doing balancing for it. The higher our sbmm score gets the less points you earn and more points you lose in my opinion. This way higher skilled players won't have to sweat for 10+ games before a 'chill' game happens.

    If they keep turning it on and off bhvr only gets very limited data so keeping it on seems better to me. Anyway I don't want to get back to red ranks so it seems I will be taking another break until the next sbmm trial.

  • Don't worry - it will be here permanently - Soon (like in 3 months).

  • I destroyed some noob team who didn't even have perks yet when I was playing trickster


    was fun

  • FINALLY🎉🎉🎉

  • It's been the best test so far. I've not been having the usual get destroyed by gen-rushers followed by a team of survivors who don't know what they are doing. I hope it comes back soon.

  • I playd my 3 games as killer and go agenst Rank 3 , 6 and 9. So yea. Not really a nice match.

  • Time to go on another long break...

  • @Mooks said:

    What? It’s ending already?

    good thing I played some fair killer matches yesterday and got my challenges. Now it’s gonna be sweat parties for every killer again..

    You lucky. I never play Killer, and all I got was people with thousand of hours. I was happy to get five hooks... I mean, five for three matches.

    I didn't expect new players as I have lot of hours playing Survivors, so I have some knowledge, but I expected... Players who played a bit but are close to my Killer skill level. It wasn't the case, they were way too good for me.

    As a Survivor, matches was horrible but I feel it was more balanced. It's just my teammates didn't know what a protection hit was nor how to unhook but outside of that, great Killer and people who kind of know how to loop.

  • SBMM stand for ?

  • @stormy_ said:

    SBMM stand for ?

    Skill based matchmaking or you may also see it referred to as mmr.

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2432604#Comment_2432604

    Really? It was sweatfest for me during the test lol. Or maybe just people were sweatier for some reason but I cant wait for it to be over

    I noticed that my solo survivor matches improved heavily, i got good teammates, and most matches ended in a 3 or 4 escape.

    I think that is because the system was good at matching solo survivor at the same skill level together, but the killer might need adjustment, base on the skill level the survivors have.

    However, as killer i always got sweatlord swf, at least in the evening, and i am not that good of a killer, especially not vs swf (because i like playstyles that depend on not everyone know where i am and what i am doing, i am not just a chase-killer)

    So maybe you just did get better paired survivors.

  • It worked pretty well this time around. Hopefully it becomes permanently enabled soon.

  • I found other survivors to be much better on average, although the killers skill were still hit or miss. So all in all, it was a much better experience, at least as a survivor main. Going to be playing some solo queue today... hopefully I'll still get good teammates.

  • @HealsBadMan said:

    Who confirmed this? I don't want to get my hopes up and be disappointed

    @Peanits said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/COZTVG4NQ775/sbmm.png

    Skill Based Matchmaking (SBMM) has been enabled for testing on live servers. This test is expected to end August 16, but may be cut short if any issues arise.

    What is SBMM?

    SBMM is a new type of matchmaking that uses a hidden skill rating instead of ranks to create fairer matches. This rating increases when you do well and decreases when you do poorly.

    What advantages does SBMM have?

    The way ratings are calculated are much more accurate to a player’s skill level than ranks. While there is some correlation between rank and skill, time played in a month is the biggest factor in the old rank system.

    Skill based matchmaking ratings are also separate for each Killer, meaning you’ll have tougher matches with the Killer you’re really good at, but easier matches when you’re trying out a new Killer for the first time.

    What is different from the last test?

    There’s a bunch of differences, so we’ll keep it short:

    • We’re using several months of data to calculate your ratings rather than a few weeks
    • We’ve made changes to how your rating is calculated when playing a Killer for the first time
    • Fixed some bugs with the system (notably, The Hillbilly)

    In the last test, we tried the system with only a few weeks of data. This meant the system was treating most players like they were new if they played a Killer that they hadn’t played in the last few weeks. This time around, it should feel much more like you’d expect.

    But the biggest thing you’ll probably notice is that ranks will be hidden after a match. This is because they are not being used for matchmaking at this time.

    What will happen to ranks?

    During the test, nothing! Your rank will behave exactly the same as normal, it just won’t be shown after the match. Once the test is over, they’ll be used for matchmaking again and will appear after matches.

    In the future, once we’ve officially changed to SBMM, ranks will remain as a monthly progression system. Each month, your rank will reset to 20, and you’ll earn Bloodpoints based on how much you’ve ranked up. Both Killer and Survivor have their own rewards, so you can earn double the points by ranking up both sides.

    What will happen during rank reset?

    During the test: Your rank will decrease slightly like it always does, but your SBMM rating will not change.

    When the system goes live permanently someday, your rating will still not change, but your rank will reset all the way back to 20. Rank will instead be used to earn monthly rewards based on how much you were able to rank up in that month. Each role has its own rewards, so you’ll be able to get double the rewards by playing both sides.

    What are we looking for?

    We’re looking to see the overall quality of matches, and whether or not the system is able to accurately predict the outcome of a match. Ratings get more accurate as the test goes on, but if you’re getting totally one-sided matches a few days in, please let us know!

    Ending August 16th, or sooner if complications arise. Since we've heard nothing to the contrary it's sade ti assume this remains true

  • As someone who mostly plays solo surv, I want it to stay. Had way better team mates.

  • My overall experience was good overall. My normal killer main matches were harder while my never used killer was mixed. 1st match as Clown was sweaty with 1k, but second match was 3k and a hatch.

    Survivor match wasn't terrible. I did die, but it felt like a good fun match against a huntress.

    Overall I give it 7.5/10

  • Holy hell, it's about time that crap is over! Let's just hope it will never return...

  • No more pub scrimming this is so sad, can't live without my daily dose of tournment finals

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2432956#Comment_2432956

    Now play killer. Have 4 gens done by the time you get 2-3 hooks. And let's see how you feel

    I mean 9 out of 10 killers I've faced did complain about genrush but all they did was camp the hook or tunnel a single survivor.

  • Shame, it was fun. Met some really nice people just starting the game, had some nice chats exchanging tips with new blood and some veterans (who admitted they weren't particularly well versed against my killers).

    I'll honestly miss it.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2433025#Comment_2433025

    Im willing to bet it wasn't 9 out of 10 who camped. More to the point. It wasn't the camping that did them in. It's the fact that map size, map lay outs, gen speeds are pretty damn unfair. Especially if you're facing 4 solid survivors who know how to be effecient and are half competent at looping.

    Yes, you know more about my games than I do. Sure thing.

    Way to turn my comment about solo Q being better to a victim post about how hard killer is.

  • Honestly after playing with a few Self-Care gamers against Sloppy. Kind of glad

  • I wish it would stay on. It shows people that you have to play well to win. Yes, that means zero perk diversity, camping and tunneling when applicable, etc. But that also means BHVR can finally see this, possibly have an epiphany because the data will reflect what we've been shouting at them, and make game health changes to promote more fun playstyles that don't hamstring you.

  • @Purgatorian said:

    I don't want it to end, I want it to stay. This is the best trial they have had and seems to work OK for a lot of mid skill players.

    If they kept it on they could then start doing balancing for it. The higher our sbmm score gets the less points you earn and more points you lose in my opinion. This way higher skilled players won't have to sweat for 10+ games before a 'chill' game happens.

    If they keep turning it on and off bhvr only gets very limited data so keeping it on seems better to me. Anyway I don't want to get back to red ranks so it seems I will be taking another break until the next sbmm trial.

    But it's screwing over people who put in the time to get good.

    They need to balance high ranks BEFORE they implement SBMM.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2432702#Comment_2432702

    But it's screwing over people who put in the time to get good.

    They need to balance high ranks BEFORE they implement SBMM.

    If they implemented it fully instead of these stupid limited time tests then they could look at balancing it properly. As I said in my post, they could implement earn less sbmm points and lose more, dependant on how they are measured, the higher score you have. This stops the sweat matches much quicker if you're on a losing streak and gives you a few chill games before the rinse/repeat method continues.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2433076#Comment_2433076

    Look this has to be made in time, it's a lot of work to balance all the perks, all the killers and everything else and postpone MMR. Rank system is just uneven all the time we don't want to wait another 3 years just to see the new system added and while the game is unbalanced... also have an unbalanced matchmaking. It's better to have one of the 2 fixed and not both broken

    It really isn't.

    The issue is that BHVR is well-aware of the issues at high ranks, they simply don't want to balance it.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2433095#Comment_2433095

    Sir, you can climb up the ranks very easy, the problem is to stay there but as long as you get in reds... whatever your skill is, you will be matched with reds and sometimes even weaker or stronger cus who knows what players are there.

    Someone who is either helped by a swf or just gets the objectives done but is weak gets in red ranks and goes against a top level Nurse player (example), the entire team goes down because that one guy drags the entire team down or every single survivor is actually bad and the killer doesn't even try, transforms in a boring game... this is ranks for you. Obviously it can also work but we have the word "uneven" for a reason, as devs stated in the MMR dev post.

    Ranks are not good, MMR is good even if is not the best system ever made.

    Then make it harder to Rank up.

    There's no reason to make high-skill players lives hell without balancing the game.

  • I enjoyed trying new killers. Now it's back to playing killers I am comfortable with or getting my face shoved into the ######### dirt when I try and play new killers again.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2433107#Comment_2433107

    I'd rather have similar skill, required in most PvP games. I do get you may not like it, but is for the better.

    You'll understand when you play against those people constantly.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2433036#Comment_2433036

    Because it's the truth...? If they want SSMM implemented. They need to fix the other issues in the game to bring balance.

    You can tell me I suck or whatever without seeing a single game of mine if you like. But for the last week I've watched VERY good killers who have 8k hours be miserable. Kai, Otz, SpookyLoopz, hexy. Basically anyone you can think of who mains killer hated it.

    That certainly shows that MMR is doing its job if full time DBD streamers are getting such difficult games. I saw the same thing with Dowsey too.

  • I actually had a good time with it, and certainly the best matches from both sides for quite some time!

    The reason it may have been perceived differently to different people could be because of the data it was basing itself on, but thinking about my matches before and during this, it was pretty accurate.

  • @JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2433051#Comment_2433051

    That certainly shows that MMR is doing its job if full time DBD streamers are getting such difficult games. I saw the same thing with Dowsey too.

    The issue is that they won't be full time for much longer.

    The game is MISERABLE at high levels and I've seen no signs of that being changed.

  • Well that's a lot. Not used to MANY replies.


    It seemed backwards for me. Survivor matches were a seesaw of very good or depressing teammates. Killer matches I got sweatfests on killers I don't play and goldfish on the standby's.


    Been a bit frustrating. I like being able to reason with the scoreboard as to where it went wrong.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2433103#Comment_2433103

    Then make it harder to Rank up.

    There's no reason to make high-skill players lives hell without balancing the game.

    The devs know the game is unbalanced at high skill levels. They've known for years and haven't done anything about it.

    Given that, I have no reason to believe they'll suddenly start balancing things after MMR goes live. MMR will cause many higher skill players to just burn out and quit.

    I played mostly survivor during the test and games were awful, genrush sweatfests vs mostly Blight and Nurse running Ruin, Undying, Tinkerer.

  • @justad00d said:

    Streamers are finally playing against some stiff competition for once. I loved watching Scott get destroyed in multiple games after bragging about never losing at demo and only 0.1% of survivors being any good.

    And that's why some people "don't like" SBMM: they think they're much better than they really are, then SBMM hits them with a highly inflated MMR (due to the numerous unbalanced trials in their favor) and they realize that they're not, in fact, as good as they thought.

  • Yep, only three matches in and killer is already unbearable.

    Guess no more killer until the next test or I derank out of purple ranks.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2432945#Comment_2432945

    Ummm. Hopefully not. Unless they plan on fixing maps and gen speeds to be more adventagious for killers.

    It's just ssoooooo much fun having 3-4 gens pop before you can get 2-3 hooks

    You just described every killer match with rank based matchmaking.

    SBMM was great compared to that.

    Because it's too easy to reach purple ranks as killer, and then get stuck facing red rank sweat squads every match, when your "skill" is markedly lower, which the SBMM recognises.

  • Let's hope they give up on sbmm because it clearly doesn't work for this game.