My Reasoning on Why Fnaf Belongs In DbD

(Edit: Don't just comment to tell me that my ideas aren't new. I legit want to have a genuine conversation not argue about if I'm spam or not. If you don't like this post because it's been done before, ignore it. I get why you don't like it but I'm not gonna stop sharing my opinion on a website that is about sharing my opinion. Also if this is *spam* it has a lot of views for just being spam.)


Okay. I'm doing it. I've prepared this post for months. I really wanted to make it but never had the courage to do so, but with the new chapter teasers and the huge Pinhead or Springtrap debate, I just want to do it (Also I believe the next killer is Pinhead, but I can dream).

So I'm going to go over the large arguments on why fnaf does belong in DbD and how it could work out. I encourage you leave your opinion as well. If you don't want fnaf in DbD, that is 100% okay, as long as you have a better reasoning than "fnaf is for kids," which brings me to...


Fnaf is for kids: No. No it isn't.

Okay sure more recently the game seems to be more advertised for children, and children are usually associated with the fnaf franchise, but there is a huge division in the fnaf community.

Kids play the game, Adults enjoy the game. Kids think of the game just as a spooky game that they can watch YouTubers play and get scared by. That's what it was to me when I was younger, but now I genuinely enjoy the franchise for its lore, characters, gameplay, and much more.

Also, let me just say, a game involving murder, child murder, someone's innards being ripped out and replaced by a robot, a walking Corpse, a walking Corpse inside of a robotic suit, childrens souls being trapped in a purgatory where they are stuck inside robots, and and a man being haunted by the souls of his dead victims doesn't sound like a kids game to me. The game is messed up, and horrific. There are plenty of videos that display what fnaf truly can be, just look up "Fnaf Vhs tapes" on YouTube.

Also, lets hypothetically say fnaf is a kids game, so kids come to DbD. Well guess what, that means faster queue times. And if you want to say that kids won't play good, plenty of adults play this game worse than a 1 year old could.

I hate it when people use this argument, because it doesn't hold up and is the equivalent of saying "Deadpool is a kids movie because kids like Deadpool."

I do not think it is a valid argument and do not expect me to reply to you if you use this argument.


The Scott Situation: Okay, first of all #IStandByScott, second of all, good point.

The situation with Scott is messy, and I see why people wouldn't want Fnaf in DbD for that reason. I really don't want to talk about the situation tho, this is a conversation about killing people virtually, not politics. However knowing money is going to someone I dislike is a bad feeling. I think its fine to dislike Scott, and I'm sure BHVR may just not want to dip their toes in that water.

So this really isn't an argument pro-fnaf but I just wanted to state it.


The Money: Fnaf could be an absolute money machine for DbD. There are alot of characters that could be skins (because let's face it, Springtrap is the most hyped choice for killer) for Springtrap. Personally Ennard would be an amazing legendary skin, or maybe the original 4 animatronics. Any way you slice it, it would make a ton of money. Not even to mention the fact that you would have to buy the dlc. It's probably the most hyped chapter in DbD, so a TON of people would buy it.


Springtrap: Springtrap feels like a perfect fit for the killer roster. Like, cmon, which fits more? A group of teens that got peer pressured into killing someone vs a serial killer that was trapped in a suit by the souls of his victims that then proceeded to gut him like a fish, but not kill him, and now is out for revenge. Like seriously, fnaf haters say Springtrap doesn't belong when his lore is 10x better than most of the killers. Not to mention his design. A small touch up to make him darker and fit in with the DbD environment would make him perfect tbh. Again, compared to Legion, which is just a teen with a mask (I am allowed to slander Legion I main him).


We Could Get A Good New Map: RPD suuucks so hard, and it really makes me want to see BHVR make a good map. Personally I think BHVR makes good maps from other franchises (I like Midwich don't @ me) and RPD was just a slip up. But the Fnaf 1 or 3 location could really work out in a great map, or hell, Security Breach is on its way, getting a map from that could be amazing.


So that was my argument. Please tell me why Springtrap does or doesn't belong, however if you say it's because fnaf is for kids I may block you, just kidding but not really.

Happy Gaming!

Comments

  • @Deadlock said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2429339#Comment_2429339

    Because it's mine... and I'm sure everyone else thought the same way. Why does my opinion not matter?

    I think we’re all just a little burned out. This isn’t your fault, and I helped add the fuel to this thread, so sorry for that. As salty as we can all be, we all still want to be heard.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2429525#Comment_2429525

    You literally have 11 visits to the forums. I have over 2,000. I can assure you, the FNaF threads are a lot more common than you think.

    I don't actually "hate" FNaF. I've actually played two of the games. They weren't great but not loathe-worthy.

    Hoping you respect my wishes and stop @ me, like I asked of you in the other thread.

    Oh sorry I stopped really reading what you were saying anymore. But I'm glad you seeing a website more than me makes you correct. Those numbers are definitely wrong on my visits but I understand they mean so much to you.

  • @VioletCrimes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2429547#Comment_2429547

    I think we’re all just a little burned out. This isn’t your fault, and I helped add the fuel to this thread, so sorry for that. As salty as we can all be, we all still want to be heard.

    Oh it's fine I understand that this is probably a common topic.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2429525#Comment_2429525

    You literally have 11 visits to the forums. I have over 2,000. I can assure you, the FNaF threads are a lot more common than you think.

    I don't actually "hate" FNaF. I've actually played two of the games. They weren't great but not loathe-worthy.

    Hoping you respect my wishes and stop @ me, like I asked of you in the other thread.

    You do realise you're shooting yourself in a foot, right? Your "flex" shows you're not visiting these forums, you live on them. Most people(even active users like myself) don't. I guess i'd be annoyed by things like FNaF thread popping up once a month too if I spent 20 hours of my day browsing general for some reason 😂

    And i'll @ you as much as I want as long as you participate in discussions by leaving messages, what kind of delirious request is that? :D

  • @Deadlock said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2429339#Comment_2429339

    Because it's mine... and I'm sure everyone else thought the same way. Why does my opinion not matter?

    Your “opinion” is known and has already been presented before as evidenced by the countless FNAF threads available. You’re not adding anything new to the table here. It’s the very definition of spam. Anyways I’m done talking since this thread will likely just get deleted soon anyways.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2429547#Comment_2429547

    Your opinion DOES matter. It's completely valid. We're just saying it could've been shared in one of the many pre-existing threads about the same topic. Trust me. I'd say the same thing regardless of topic.

    @shinymon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2429547#Comment_2429547

    Your “opinion” is known and has already been presented before as evidenced by the countless FNAF threads available. You’re not adding anything new to the table here. It’s the very definition of spam. Anyways I’m done talking since this thread will likely just get deleted soon anyways.

    I completely agree. Seeing FNAF threads pop up constantly is very annoying, especially when the same ideas are presented every single time.

    Please can people just add to pre-existing threads so we don’t have to re-read the same idea, presented in a slightly different format, over and over again, and so we can avoid the arguments that ensue because of it.

    It’s just boring and irritating at this point.

  • @shinymon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2429547#Comment_2429547

    Your “opinion” is known and has already been presented before as evidenced by the countless FNAF threads available. You’re not adding anything new to the table here. It’s the very definition of spam. Anyways I’m done talking since this thread will likely just get deleted soon anyways.

    Alright then... I'm just a guy sharing my opinion, I spent alot of time on this essay and I had no intention of contributing to spam. I'm sorry if you are offended but just ignore these threads if you don't like them man.

  • @YuisPinkBob said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2429552#Comment_2429552

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2429567#Comment_2429567

    I completely agree. Seeing FNAF threads pop up constantly is very annoying, especially when the same ideas are presented every single time.

    Please can people just add to pre-existing threads so we don’t have to re-read the same idea, presented in a slightly different format, over and over again, and so we can avoid the arguments that ensue because of it.

    It’s just boring and irritating at this point.

    You don't have to re-read them lol, just ignore them.

  • @Deadlock said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2429583#Comment_2429583

    You don't have to re-read them lol, just ignore them.

    Well most people read discussions to engage in new, original conversations about a certain topic.

    I don’t open FNAF threads to reread the same argument/ideas but that always seems to be the case.

    Many people will click onto a newly created discussion thinking that a new, different idea has been presented, that they would probably be happy to discuss, but then they see that it’s the exact same as every other one and they just completely wasted their time. Do you see how creating new threads with the same ideas instead of adding to a pre-existing one annoys people now? Or do you still not get it?

  • @YuisPinkBob said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2429595#Comment_2429595

    Well most people read discussions to engage in new, original conversations about a certain topic.

    I don’t open FNAF threads to reread the same argument/ideas but that always seems to be the case.

    Many people will click onto a newly created discussion thinking that a new, different idea has been presented, that they would probably be happy to discuss, but then they see that it’s the exact same as every other one and they just completely wasted their time. Do you see how creating new threads with the same ideas instead of adding to a pre-existing one annoys people now? Or do you still not get it?

    I'm sorry I have the same opinion as other people, however I don't feel I'm in the wrong.

    I'm explaining why I love a franchise and want to see it in a game I love, you are just telling me how unoriginal my opinion is. It's fine if you don't want to see these posts because they repeat the same thing over and over, but I've stated that I'm not trying to participate in spam, I just want to express my opinion. I'm not listing reason why I want fnaf, I'm listing reasons that I want fnaf, AND trying to see why other people dislike fnaf. I just want to share opinions honestly with other people. I'm not trying to annoy you. I didn't make this post just to annoy people and contribute to spam.

  • @Deadlock said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2429608#Comment_2429608

    I'm sorry I have the same opinion as other people, however I don't feel I'm in the wrong.

    I'm explaining why I love a franchise and want to see it in a game I love, you are just telling me how unoriginal my opinion is. It's fine if you don't want to see these posts because they repeat the same thing over and over, but I've stated that I'm not trying to participate in spam, I just want to express my opinion. I'm not listing reason why I want fnaf, I'm listing reasons that I want fnaf, AND trying to see why other people dislike fnaf. I just want to share opinions honestly with other people. I'm not trying to annoy you. I didn't make this post just to annoy people and contribute to spam.

    I understand that may not have been your intention but that is what has occurred.

    You could have gathered others’ opinions on a pre-existing thread but you didn’t, and since the opinions/ideas were the same or similar as those on other threads, you indirectly contributed to spam. Which led to many people getting frustrated with your post and it being less constructive than you intended it to be.

    It’s just something to bare in mind for future posts and for other people who are making similar threads to realise as well.

  • I think its really dumb to say it would be bad to have kids playing dbd, considering dbd isnt even scary. I grew up playing games like Re3 nd mich more, and i turned out fine.

  • @Demogorgeouse said:

    I think its really dumb to say it would be bad to have kids playing dbd, considering dbd isnt even scary. I grew up playing games like Re3 nd mich more, and i turned out fine.

    Same, I never got into the horror genre besides from Fnaf, however ik a bunch of kids play games that are scary, kids are tougher than most people think.

  • You do realize that these types of posts won't stop till a fnaf character gets in or until the devs stop supporting the game right?

  • @Deadlock said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2429737#Comment_2429737

    Same, I never got into the horror genre besides from Fnaf, however ik a bunch of kids play games that are scary, kids are tougher than most people think.

    Facts.

  • @RenRen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2429435#Comment_2429435

    You do realize that these types of posts won't stop till a fnaf character gets in or until the devs stop supporting the game right?

    Well idk if this is pro or anti fnaf, but I feel like it's the same with any other franchise. There are plenty of Jason, Candyman, or even RE posts before it was released. People just usually dislike the fnaf ones because they don't like fnaf. I want to reason with people and understand what people dislike about the game or what they dislike about it coming to DbD, but 90% of the people who.disagree don't give me answers, they just say things like "STOP" or just say im contributing to spam.

  • @Altarf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2429469#Comment_2429469

    For Pennywise, there's two directions they could go.

    1. Pennywise taken from the end of the Chapter Two movie. It's on the verge of death, and makes a deal with the Entity as a last-ditch grasp at survival. This would explain why it doesn't just kill everybody and overthrow the Entity, because the Entity probably bound it to itself - or whatever justification you could imagine. This would be better for a full chapter.

    2. Pennywise taken during its long sleep between the two films. This would be more of a PH-style service to the Entity - instead of being captured by the Entity, Pennywise would participate in trials as of its own free will, like a vacation of sorts. It would also be unique in that it would be the sole killer in the roster who can leave the Entity's realm at any time - it's just there to get a slice of the Entity's great emotion feast. This would be better for a paragraph.

    I'd prefer the second one, honestly. I think a full IT chapter would be hard to implement due to the problem of a survivor and designing a sewer map, and this backstory does more justice to Pennywise.

    I would prefer option 1, i think it makes more sense with the entity's lore and I would love a sewer map, imagine going to the sewer main room and seeing all those corpses floating?

  • @Dito175 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2429503#Comment_2429503

    I would prefer option 1, i think it makes more sense with the entity's lore and I would love a sewer map, imagine going to the sewer main room and seeing all those corpses floating?

    I love that idea, like no joke, that is an awesome idea for a map, however idk if that would be okay because alot of those corpses are children.

  • Meanwhile I just think Springtrap is perfect.

    Caused a pizzeria franchise that was made for families be feared by them because of murders and the missing children which now haunt the animatronics unable to move on into the afterlife.

    Then in an ironic twist Wiliam afton gets killed by his creation, the suit he wore to kill and commit the murders. Just like the children in the animatronics, now it's his turn to spend miserable years in a decaying, rotting suit. Even 30 years pass later and the Fazbear fright's fire did not end him.

    He only finally died once Micheal [His son] and Henry burned William afton inside the reopened Freddy Fazbear building while they also in there. Now currently, William Afton lives in his own hell, facing the monsters he created from his foul deeds. There is no winning or losing, there is no 6:00 am goal. Just the never ending nightmare of his so called "Legacy".

    High chance this chapter is Pin Head but I still think Springtrap will come to Dead by Daylight someday.

  • @Mr_Madness said:

    Meanwhile I just think Springtrap is perfect.

    Caused a pizzeria franchise that was made for families be feared by them because of murders and the missing children which now haunt the animatronics unable to move on into the afterlife.

    Then in an ironic twist Wiliam afton gets killed by his creation, the suit he wore to kill and commit the murders. Just like the children in the animatronics, now it's his turn to spend miserable years in a decaying, rotting suit. Even 30 years pass later and the Fazbear fright's fire did not end him.

    He only finally died once Micheal [His son] and Henry burned William afton inside the reopened Freddy Fazbear building while they also in there. Now currently, William Afton lives in his own hell, facing the monsters he created from his foul deeds. There is no winning or losing, there is no 6:00 am goal. Just the never ending nightmare of his so called "Legacy".

    High chance this chapter is Pin Head but I still think Springtrap will come to Dead by Daylight someday.

    Idk man. Dbd has some seriously demented killers. Like those teens that were peer pressured into killing people. I think fnaf is to kiddie for dbd.

  • If I had power for a day I would permaban every single FNAF poster

  • @Deadlock said:

    Okay. I'm doing it. I've prepared this post for months. I really wanted to make it but never had the courage to do so, but with the new chapter teasers and the huge Pinhead or Springtrap debate, I just want to do it (Also I believe the next killer is Pinhead, but I can dream).

    So I'm going to go over the large arguments on why fnaf does belong in DbD and how it could work out. I encourage you leave your opinion as well. If you don't want fnaf in DbD, that is 100% okay, as long as you have a better reasoning than "fnaf is for kids," which brings me to...

    Fnaf is for kids: No. No it isn't.

    Okay sure more recently the game seems to be more advertised for children, and children are usually associated with the fnaf franchise, but there is a huge division in the fnaf community.

    Kids play the game, Adults enjoy the game. Kids think of the game just as a spooky game that they can watch YouTubers play and get scared by. That's what it was to me when I was younger, but now I genuinely enjoy the franchise for its lore, characters, gameplay, and much more.

    Also, let me just say, a game involving murder, child murder, someone's innards being ripped out and replaced by a robot, a walking Corpse, a walking Corpse inside of a robotic suit, childrens souls being trapped in a purgatory where they are stuck inside robots, and and a man being haunted by the souls of his dead victims doesn't sound like a kids game to me. The game is messed up, and horrific. There are plenty of videos that display what fnaf truly can be, just look up "Fnaf Vhs tapes" on YouTube.

    Also, lets hypothetically say fnaf is a kids game, so kids come to DbD. Well guess what, that means faster queue times. And if you want to say that kids won't play good, plenty of adults play this game worse than a 1 year old could.

    I hate it when people use this argument, because it doesn't hold up and is the equivalent of saying "Deadpool is a kids movie because kids like Deadpool."

    I do not think it is a valid argument and do not expect me to reply to you if you use this argument.

    The Scott Situation: Okay, first of all #IStandByScott, second of all, good point.

    The situation with Scott is messy, and I see why people wouldn't want Fnaf in DbD for that reason. I really don't want to talk about the situation tho, this is a conversation about killing people virtually, not politics. However knowing money is going to someone I dislike is a bad feeling. I think its fine to dislike Scott, and I'm sure BHVR may just not want to dip their toes in that water.

    So this really isn't an argument pro-fnaf but I just wanted to state it.

    The Money: Fnaf could be an absolute money machine for DbD. There are alot of characters that could be skins (because let's face it, Springtrap is the most hyped choice for killer) for Springtrap. Personally Ennard would be an amazing legendary skin, or maybe the original 4 animatronics. Any way you slice it, it would make a ton of money. Not even to mention the fact that you would have to buy the dlc. It's probably the most hyped chapter in DbD, so a TON of people would buy it.

    Springtrap: Springtrap feels like a perfect fit for the killer roster. Like, cmon, which fits more? A group of teens that got peer pressured into killing someone vs a serial killer that was trapped in a suit by the souls of his victims that then proceeded to gut him like a fish, but not kill him, and now is out for revenge. Like seriously, fnaf haters say Springtrap doesn't belong when his lore is 10x better than most of the killers. Not to mention his design. A small touch up to make him darker and fit in with the DbD environment would make him perfect tbh. Again, compared to Legion, which is just a teen with a mask (I am allowed to slander Legion I main him).

    We Could Get A Good New Map: RPD suuucks so hard, and it really makes me want to see BHVR make a good map. Personally I think BHVR makes good maps from other franchises (I like Midwich don't @ me) and RPD was just a slip up. But the Fnaf 1 or 3 location could really work out in a great map, or hell, Security Breach is on its way, getting a map from that could be amazing.

    So that was my argument. Please tell me why Springtrap does or doesn't belong, however if you say it's because fnaf is for kids I may block you, just kidding but not really.

    Happy Gaming!

    Personally these points dont hold water but it's a nice brush I've made my post of why it could be spring trap

    And while a few things have have been said have had me change my mind on some things and

    agreed saying fnaf is for kids is like saying hell raiser is for atheists because it believes in hell and never talks about heaven.

  • @Snowbawlzzz said:

    If I had power for a day I would permaban every single FNAF poster

    Oh no! People expressing their opinion on something they like! The horror!

  • @Deadlock said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2429807#Comment_2429807

    Idk man. Dbd has some seriously demented killers. Like those teens that were peer pressured into killing people. I think fnaf is to kiddie for dbd.

    Hmm yeah that is true, they did also add some Star that has nothing to do with tricks but just the name.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2429494#Comment_2429494

    Except new ones pop up every single day. It's annoying. I come to the forums to talk about Dead by Daylight. The clue's in the name: "forum.deadbydaylight.com". If I wanted to see FNaF content, I'd go somewhere specifically for that. It's the same as when you keep getting videos popping up in your YouTube recommended that have nothing to do with your interests. You could just ignore them, although it's still annoying.

    Also I very much DO have a problem with the constant threads about DS, NOED, Camping etc. I've even commented expressing my frustration with the same tired points being raised AGAIN and AGAIN in them.

    Okay? It's not like people are posting FNAF, just to post FNAF, or else this thread would be moved to the off-topic section. People are posting it because they want to make a speculation for the next chapter and how it'd fit into DBD. If you don't want to see them, don't comment on them, otherwise all of these FNAF threads that you're annoyed by will continue to be bumped to the first page. Can't you and others like you see that you're creating a positive feedback loop here?

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2429864#Comment_2429864

    Or - and hear me out on this - I know it's a groundbreaking idea.

    People could use the search feature before making a new post to see if their idea has already been posted! Thereby not clogging up the recent discussions tab with threads everyone has seen before.

    Hey man, I'm gonna ignore you from here on out, but I just wanna say, tysm for all your comments. Honestly this post would be lost if it weren't for you. So I am so glad that you have shown your support towards this post by commenting. Commenting is the best way to show your support for a topic, and I'm so glad you agree with me and care. Thanks man, it's great to have you on my side.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2429750#Comment_2429750

    Myself and numerous others have explained to you that the problem lies not with FNaF but with the creation of a new thread to discuss something that hundreds of threads already exist for. I can link multiple threads that show reasons why people don't like the idea of FNaF if that's what you were looking for. Something a quick search using the search feature would have found for you - no new threads needed.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/272248/it-better-not-be-fnaf

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/117312/please-no-fnaf-chapter/p1 (note: this is an old thread of mine but it doesn't necesarily reflect my current views so please take it with a pinch of salt).

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/24615/whats-your-opinion-on-a-fnaf-robot-killer/p1

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/118015/fnaf-chapter-would-have-its-ups-and-downs

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/117512/serious-opinions-and-arguments-for-and-against-a-fnaf-chapter-paragraph

    And these are just a few examples. Once again, what you say you're looking for (to "understand what people dislike about the game") has been discussed so so so many times. Saying the negative reaction to threads like these is because "they don't like fnaf" is untrue and you know it. FNaF is not the issue here - the problem is creating thread after thread about the same things. Which, whether you see it or not, IS spam.

    Wasn't it the same thing with resident evil and lady demetrius

  • @Deadlock said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2429835#Comment_2429835

    Oh no! People expressing their opinion on something they like! The horror!

    Everyone except FNAF fans are sick to death of FNAF fans bombarding these forums with their stupid character

  • @Snowbawlzzz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2429856#Comment_2429856

    Everyone except FNAF fans are sick to death of FNAF fans bombarding these forums with their stupid character

    Why do you dislike springtrap?

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2429864#Comment_2429864

    Or - and hear me out on this - I know it's a groundbreaking idea.

    People could use the search feature before making a new post to see if their idea has already been posted! Thereby not clogging up the recent discussions tab with threads everyone has seen before.

    Pretty sure most of them are low-effort ones and ones are actually worth looking at are just do deep in the pile.

    Like a discussion could be "I want Fnaf ingame" as title and "Add Fnaf" in the description which most likely are 90% of them sadly.

    The ones with actually effort are just hidden very well from lot of the spam Fnaf ones. I still remember some person spamming Fnaf in DBD with Springtrap long ago and posting fake info saying "Dawko confirmed it" with some photoshopped tweet and some other random crap. Don't know what happened to the person but glad they stopped doing it since made me not want Springtrap in-game for a long time.


    Again there are some good discussion made with effort but usually covered up by sheer amount of short worded discussions for Fnaf which also cause lot of people to get sick of hearing Fnaf.

  • Screenshot_20210814-223553_Chrome.jpg

    The bottom should explain

    better yet this is real spam if you notice alot of the thing about fnaf is real theories

    Not this

  • I dislike Springtrap because his game is extremely lazy and only famous because of youtubers


    But the fans spamming the ever-loving crap out of the forums every 3 months are what makes it truly an unbearable franchise

  • @Snowbawlzzz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2429891#Comment_2429891

    I dislike Springtrap because his game is extremely lazy and only famous because of youtubers

    But the fans spamming the ever-loving crap out of the forums every 3 months are what makes it truly an unbearable franchise

    That's like saying g movies are only popular because of advertisements

    The spam pert I get

  • @Snowbawlzzz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2429891#Comment_2429891

    I dislike Springtrap because his game is extremely lazy and only famous because of youtubers

    But the fans spamming the ever-loving crap out of the forums every 3 months are what makes it truly an unbearable franchise

    That's how most games are nowadays. Streamers and YouTubers are a valuable part in what popularizes games. But why do you think he's lazy?

  • @Deadlock said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2429894#Comment_2429894

    That's how most games are nowadays. Streamers and YouTubers are a valuable part in what popularizes games. But why do you think he's lazy?

    It's a slideshow that could've been made in Flash

  • Fnaf or springtrap? Because fnaf is an indie game made by one guy. Honestly imo it's astounding he made it by himself.

  • @Deadlock said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2429902#Comment_2429902

    Fnaf or springtrap? Because fnaf is an indie game made by one guy. Honestly imo it's astounding he made it by himself.

    MDickie makes more impressive games than that


    There's barely even any animations on the models, you only see them move if it's foxy or you're being killed. It's lazy.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2429893#Comment_2429893

    The difference is though that the threads about Lady Dimitrescu are nowhere near as persistent as the FNaF ones. They started around the time of the Resident Evil chapter and ended pretty quickly. If you search all posts within one month of today's date, you'll see that the influx of threads about FNaF is massive in comparison (about 15x as much!). This was the result when I pulled up the search for FNaF:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/T9YBA6FEBXR9/image.png

    And this was for Lady Dimitrescu:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/603OWVZGJ0CF/image.png

    (Apologies about the awful cropping, I can try and send better photos if you want).

    The Resident Evil posts are nowhere near comparable to the FNaF ones.

    Weird mine goes to 1000 but still 5 pages is about a month or less

    While this as many people have said have been ongoing on for much longer that's not too bad

    Also its alright I don't care for cropping

  • @Snowbawlzzz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2429903#Comment_2429903

    MDickie makes more impressive games than that

    There's barely even any animations on the models, you only see them move if it's foxy or you're being killed. It's lazy.

    It's not lazy imo, again, it's one guy by himself. The graphics may not have aged well, but this guy didn't have super intense coding software. It's just a guy who made a game with incredibly unique gameplay. The gameplay had never been seen before and sent the horror genre to the next level. It's a really inspirational game made by one guy who changed the horror game genre forever.

  • @Deadlock said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2429742#Comment_2429742

    Well idk if this is pro or anti fnaf, but I feel like it's the same with any other franchise. There are plenty of Jason, Candyman, or even RE posts before it was released. People just usually dislike the fnaf ones because they don't like fnaf. I want to reason with people and understand what people dislike about the game or what they dislike about it coming to DbD, but 90% of the people who.disagree don't give me answers, they just say things like "STOP" or just say im contributing to spam.

    I'm just stating that no matter what someone says these posts will keep on happening whether they like it or not.

  • @RenRen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2429750#Comment_2429750

    I'm just stating that no matter what someone says these posts will keep on happening whether they like it or not.

    Until the chapter is released, probably.

  • yes. or until the devs stop supporting. which is unlikely.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2429917#Comment_2429917

    The images I sent where photos of what comes up when you search posts from the past month, not all time. I was trying to demonstrate that while the posts about Lady Dimitrescu went away (mostly), the FNaF ones have persisted. You might not have had the same filters applied and that's why you're getting 1000.

    Screenshot_20210814-225415_Chrome.jpg

    There I set a 1 month filter

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2429864#Comment_2429864

    Or - and hear me out on this - I know it's a groundbreaking idea.

    People could use the search feature before making a new post to see if their idea has already been posted! Thereby not clogging up the recent discussions tab with threads everyone has seen before.

    People aren't required to use the search feature. If they want to post their viewpoint on FNAF, which their viewpoint is likely different than the other threads, they can by making a new thread according to forum rules:

    Screenshot_20210814-223758_Chrome.jpg

    The forum rules doesn't specify that you must keep all related topics into one thread, and that's a good thing because it would get messy and comments would easily get lost. If you have a problem with the rules, contact a crew member and file a complaint, but otherwise, and this is me being as polite as possible, you need to suck it up and stop derailing threads.

    You can read the forum rules here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/137-forum-rules

    I'm going to end our discussion here because we're really off topic and I believe I made my point clear.


    Have a great day, take care!

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2429929#Comment_2429929

    That's odd. We must be searching different things. When I put this in I still only get the five pages:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/HW9399NG8S1L/image.png

    I might of down the filter wrong ohh well

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2429441#Comment_2429441

    There's another aspect to this:

    Look how... insistent... you and other fnaf fans are about it... Cross your heart, how many would get seriously angry if bhvr would not turn springy into some unbestable godmode killer?

    That said, can I ask you a question:

    Would you be okay with getting Willy's Wonderland instead of fnaf?

    Also I apologize I never answered your question. No, I wouldn't. I mean I wouldn't mind it but I don't really want it. Fnaf just means more to me and is more popular.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2429921#Comment_2429921

    This is what people have a problem with though.

    FNaF is not the problem. People can like whatever they like. But the continual making of posts about the exact same thing grates on people and makes them not want it.

    I know it can get annoying but telling people to stop won't do anything. At most the mods can maybe make all the discussions in one thread but that's about it.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2429481#Comment_2429481

    And this attitude is entirely why people are so against FNaF in DbD.

    Not spamming the forum with 7 billion threads about the same thing is just common courtesy.

    Kind of how things go here. If you don't like something that's being posted, don't comment on it, you're only boosting it more.

    It's like furries on tiktok, a lot of them welcome hate comments because it boosts their videos.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2429955#Comment_2429955

    I'm not against the idea of FNaF per se, just suggesting that in future people could comment on a pre-existing thread if the topic already exists. Because otherwise you end up with loads of threads popping up on the exact same thing. Which can be frustrating when it's about a game other than that one I actually come here to discuss.

    Although I see what you're saying.

    (slightly confused about the relevance of Tiktok furries though?)

    I get what you're saying, but if you're going to say this about fnaf posts than say it about posts related to "X thing is op" or "Delete keys"

    We can't expect people to use the search bar, type in their topic and revive a dead thread, unfortunately no one is gonna do that even if it leads to less of the same threads.

    (And I mentioned furries on tiktok because it was the best comparison I could make, people commenting on things they don't want to see only boosts it more)

  • @shinymon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2429547#Comment_2429547

    Your “opinion” is known and has already been presented before as evidenced by the countless FNAF threads available. You’re not adding anything new to the table here. It’s the very definition of spam. Anyways I’m done talking since this thread will likely just get deleted soon anyways.

    Welp. Going to bed tonight. Post hasn't been deleted. Im thinking you may be wrong.

1 2 3