About the excuse people use to camp and tunnel....

Now before you comment, I acknowledge that tunneling and camping is a viable strategy. For the most part I don't really hold it against anyone who does it, but jeez this particular excuse has been getting on my nerves lately and that is "my objective is to kill the survivors." No, its not. The game very clearly states that the job of the Killer is to torture the survivors and after squeezing every last bit of hope they have then they can kill the survivors.

If your gonna tunnel and camp, go right on ahead, I don't care, do whatever you want but for the love of god stop using false information.

Comments

  • @FrostySeal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2423674#Comment_2423674

    Ok, copy and paste the message where I said that it's not the Killers job to kill. It is, but the way to reach it is specified very differently in game. I've said this more times than I can count and at this point I'm not sure if I'm being baited but the the game says you have to play one way, then its ok if you ignore that way, but if later on you say that the game wants you do something else then what is actually being specified, your wrong. Go ahead, camp, tunnel, slug, as long as it's not using 3rd party cheats then its ok, but don't use false info.

    What false info? The goal of the killer is to kill survivors. The method doesn't matter. And if it must be about torturing survivors to death, I'm sure the survivor being stuck on a hook for 2 minutes is already being tortured.

    You are simply trying to justify why you think your own style of play is superior.

  • @Power_Guy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2423665#Comment_2423665

    The game's lore does not drive the game mechanics. You're thread is nothing but you trying to say you're smarter than everyone else and go 'But the lore!" when people disagree.

    The game, itself, says the Killer's goal is to kill. ######### the lore. The lore means between 'jack' and '#########' and jack left town. No, people are not wrong 'because the lore'. YOU are wrong.

    You're trying to judge people, then say 'Oh, but I'm totally not judging. Also; you're wrong.' and 'I don't care how you play, but you're wrong'. You're trying to be the smartest person in the room. That's why you made this thread.

    'I don't care if you camp, but you're wrong'. Is what your thread is. It's nothing but an ego wank. But guess what?

    The. Lore. Means. Nothing. The GAME states the Killer kills. YOU ARE WRONG. The lore does not make you right. You. Are. WRONG.

    I KNOW THE LORE MEANS NOTHING TO THE GAME. I've literally said this before, my whole point of my post which you got confused with isn't to slander camping and tunneling, it's to clarify that the game never says "you need to kill the survivors as fast as possible." No where does it state this, so people should stop saying it. If you want to say "I camp and tunnel survivors because I want to win" That's perfectly acceptable. If you say "I camp and tunnel because x and y" then its ok. Its not ok if you say that you do it because the game says to do it. Your doing it of your own accord, no one else is forcing you to do it except if the Survivors are extremely good at the game. Got it?

  • @FrostySeal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2423685#Comment_2423685

    I KNOW THE LORE MEANS NOTHING TO THE GAME. I've literally said this before, my whole point of my post which you got confused with isn't to slander camping and tunneling, it's to clarify that the game never says "you need to kill the survivors as fast as possible." No where does it state this, so people should stop saying it. If you want to say "I camp and tunnel survivors because I want to win" That's perfectly acceptable. If you say "I camp and tunnel because x and y" then its ok. Its not ok if you say that you do it because the game says to do it. Your doing it of your own accord, no one else is forcing you to do it except if the Survivors are extremely good at the game. Got it?

    ...I don't think I ever heard anyone, anywhere, say they camp and tunnel because the game literally forces them too.

    If they say 'The first gens pop too fast, and I camp/tunnel to ensure a kill to catch up' is different. But I don't think I've ever hard anyone claim the game, literally, makes them camp or tunnel.


    So what was the point of your thread again? Because it just looks like ego stroking from here, until the entire forum shut you down.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2423691#Comment_2423691

    What false info? The goal of the killer is to kill survivors. The method doesn't matter. And if it must be about torturing survivors to death, I'm sure the survivor being stuck on a hook for 2 minutes is already being tortured.

    You are simply trying to justify why you think your own style of play is superior.

    What? Where did I say that I'm trying to act superior? Your intentionally taking my words and misunderstanding them. I camp and tunnel to, the difference is that I don't go on the forums and say "The game told me to do it!" I'm doing it on my own accord, no one is forcing me, not the game, not the dev's. Camping and Tunneling is A FAIR STRATEGY, IF ITS HEALTHY OR NOT FOR THE GAME IS A DIFFERENT DISCUSSION WHICH THAT ISN'T THE POINT OF THIS POST.

    My whole post is telling people to stop saying that the game is telling you to do it. No where in the game does it say "Camp and Tunnel the Survivors!" It says to just Kill them.

  • @FrostySeal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2423701#Comment_2423701

    What? Where did I say that I'm trying to act superior? Your intentionally taking my words and misunderstanding them. I camp and tunnel to, the difference is that I don't go on the forums and say "The game told me to do it!" I'm doing it on my own accord, no one is forcing me, not the game, not the dev's. Camping and Tunneling is A FAIR STRATEGY, IF ITS HEALTHY OR NOT FOR THE GAME IS A DIFFERENT DISCUSSION WHICH THAT ISN'T THE POINT OF THIS POST.

    My whole post is telling people to stop saying that the game is telling you to do it. No where in the game does it say "Camp and Tunnel the Survivors!" It says to just Kill them.

    The job of the killer is to kill, at no point does the game say that tunneling or camping are "bad" ways to do it. This is just a very strange topic as you are too focus on the "the game doesn't explicitly say to camp or tunnel" rather than just accepting that because the killer objective is to kill both camping and tunneling are valid tactics.

  • @Power_Guy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2423708#Comment_2423708

    ...I don't think I ever heard anyone, anywhere, say they camp and tunnel because the game literally forces them too.

    If they say 'The first gens pop too fast, and I camp/tunnel to ensure a kill to catch up' is different. But I don't think I've ever hard anyone claim the game, literally, makes them camp or tunnel.

    So what was the point of your thread again? Because it just looks like ego stroking from here, until the entire forum shut you down.

    The whole point of the post was to tell people to stop saying "The game tells me to kill the survivors as fast as possible" Because it doesn't. Just because you haven't seen anyone say it doesn't mean no one has said it. I've seen it said a lot of times and its annoying because no where does it officially state let alone acknowledges camping and tunneling.

    But sure, keep misunderstanding it and just say that its "ego stroking." You refuse to admit that you misunderstood it, but sure, I'll admit that I should've been more specific to not get people accusing me of saying camping and tunneling isn't ok. Because that's not what I said.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2423728#Comment_2423728

    The job of the killer is to kill, at no point does the game say that tunneling or camping are "bad" ways to do it. This is just a very strange topic as you are too focus on the "the game doesn't explicitly say to camp or tunnel" rather than just accepting that because the killer objective is to kill both camping and tunneling are valid tactics.

    Yes, I know the whole point of Killer is to Kill, it's in the name. I've said before it's ok to camp and tunnel, I do it frequently too, but when your in an argument with someone who doesn't like it, don't say that the game forces you, just say you did it of your own accord. No where does the game officially acknowledge camping/tunneling directly so don't hide behind the excuse of "the game forced me."

  • @FrostySeal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2423637#Comment_2423637

    The game's lore literally tells you flat-out that the Killers are suppose to kill the survivors slowly as to draw out as much hope from them as possible to feed the entity. Going by the lore, if a Killer were to kill a survivor within 2 minutes of the match every Survivor in that trial would lose hope, which would starve the entity. Because of this Killers torture them slowly. But once again, that is lore and that's much more different then how the game plays out, so because of that I don't care about how you play, you should play however you want, but if your going to say that your objective is to only kill the survivors, going by the games definition your wrong.

    I dont care for the damn lore. My objective is to kill.

  • @FrostySeal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2423724#Comment_2423724

    The whole point of the post was to tell people to stop saying "The game tells me to kill the survivors as fast as possible" Because it doesn't. Just because you haven't seen anyone say it doesn't mean no one has said it. I've seen it said a lot of times and its annoying because no where does it officially state let alone acknowledges camping and tunneling.

    But sure, keep misunderstanding it and just say that its "ego stroking." You refuse to admit that you misunderstood it, but sure, I'll admit that I should've been more specific to not get people accusing me of saying camping and tunneling isn't ok. Because that's not what I said.

    No, but Survivors cause the Killer to kill as fast as possible.

    If I ever let off the gas, Survivors genrush, them twerk out the gates and BM in the endgame chat.

    So while the GAME does not tell me to kill ASAP, the current meta has turned into 'which side is faster?'


    And you started with 'But the lore says you have to torture, so you're WRONG!'. And then you trying so hard to defend your smart man 'gatcha' moment with 'But the LOOOORRRE!' So yeah; you should have been more specific.

    No one is at fault for misunderstanding you trying so hard to just have 'gotten' the campers and tunnelers. That's basically what you tried to do, and now you're backpedaling and blaming everyone who called you out.

  • @Ruma said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2423654#Comment_2423654

    I dont care for the damn lore. My objective is to kill.

    Cool, you shouldn't if you don't want to. If your ever in an argument about camping and tunneling just don't say the game forced you. Just say your doing it on your own accord.

  • @Power_Guy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2423745#Comment_2423745

    No, but Survivors cause the Killer to kill as fast as possible.

    If I ever let off the gas, Survivors genrush, them twerk out the gates and BM in the endgame chat.

    So while the GAME does not tell me to kill ASAP, the current meta has turned into 'which side is faster?'

    And you started with 'But the lore says you have to torture, so you're WRONG!'. And then you trying so hard to defend your smart man 'gatcha' moment with 'But the LOOOORRRE!' So yeah; you should have been more specific.

    No one is at fault for misunderstanding you trying so hard to just have 'gotten' the campers and tunnelers. That's basically what you tried to do, and now you're backpedaling and blaming everyone who called you out.

    Yeah, then the survivors are forcing you to camp and tunnel, not really the game itself, more like the players themselves. Yes, I did bring up lore but that was to address people who say that the game tells them to camp/tunnel. My whole point was and still is, no where in the game does it force you to play a specific way, so don't use false information and say that it does. Not calling anyone out except for the people accusing me of saying that I think camping and tunneling is bad. It's not, it's needed in the current hold W Gen rush Meta.

  • @Tsulan said:

    Survivors gen rush and when the killer complaints, survivors tell him "just apply pressure".

    Well, as a matter of fact, tunneling someout out early applies a TON of pressure.

    So uhh THANK YOU! to all the survivors that recommended applying pressure. You really helped making this game a better place.

    LOL, if they gen rush, they usually leave the totems alone...just bring no-ed. If they bring flashlights, bring franklins. How they play determines how I treat them. If they are toxic (t-bagging, refusing to participate in normal game-play, et.al.), I'll do my best to down 'em and sacrifice them. If they give good chases and what have you, I'll usually just two-hook and release...unless I have a challenge that requires sacrifices.

  • @FrostySeal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2423762#Comment_2423762

    Cool, you shouldn't if you don't want to. If your ever in an argument about camping and tunneling just don't say the game forced you. Just say your doing it on your own accord.

    Ya know, it you want to play exactly into the lore, then stop escaping.

    Just do some gens and get hooked more and more since in the end you have to get sacrificed to the entity. Its just the lore bro.

  • I 100% agree with you.

    I don't like the statement of "I choose who i want to tunnel out of the game." basically saying that they decide if i will stay in the game for less than 3 minutes. it is not fair in any way and destroys the whole idea of 4 vs 1.

    The challenge is to kill but not necessarily all four, the killer doesn't have to go beyond his limits to kill everyone in my opinion.

    I think in this game there is no winner and loser but performance.

  • @FrostySeal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2423662#Comment_2423662

    Sure, play however you want, just don't go on the forums and say that the game wants you to win as fast as possible because it doesn't, but just because it doesn't, doesn't mean you can't play however you want. I keep telling people that I'm fine with camping and tunneling, just not the false info.

    Again, looking too deeply into this. Lore is just the story, and a convoluted mess of one for this game as it is. Take it with a grain of salt.

  • @Power_Guy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2423462#Comment_2423462

    The game's WIN CONDITIONS are killing or escaping. The emblem system is a grade based on what you did in the match. You don't 'win' by getting all Iris and you don't 'fail' by getting all Bronze.

    You win by escaping or killing.

    You lose by dying.

    The Killer's win/loss is more of a sliding scale of HOW MANY he killed. One could say he 'barely wins' at 1 kill to 'completely wins at 4' and only 'loses' at 0.

    But the game's win conditions, as programmed into the game, are killing and escaping. This is a hard fact; the Killer does not 'win' if he tortures everyone to 2 hooks and 12 downs each, and then they all escape.

    Lmao I think you are stuck in 2017. The amount of kills doesn't dictate the win result since emblems were implemented. You could literally kill all 4 at 5 gens with a nurse infectious slug and de-pip, getting Entity Displeased as a result. You could get a Myers tombstone 4 k and get a de-pip because you literally never played with the survivors, just plain out threw them out of the trial when you caught them in tier 3.


    Lmao and what do you mean by "you don't win by getting all iris". The game never had a win condition anyway, but you could consider the final outcome screen the win/lose one. And as for killers, they have 3 kinds of wins, all of them based on how much they played with the survivor.


    But don't say how you win please. Since the devs never stated this, it is up to everyone to decide their personal win condition.

  • Face camping is generally a waste of time since good survivors will just smash out generators so I usually avoid that practice. However, if somebody gets unhooked near me and the rescuer does nothing to protect the unhooked then I'm probably going to punish that by knocking down the unhooked again. There's being fair and there's being nice, being fair doesn't mean you have to deliberately overlook bad plays being made by Survivors or Killers.

  • @FrostySeal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2423180#Comment_2423180

    What? Did you even read my post at all dude? Don't reply if your not going to read it. Your bringing a completely different issue than what i was talking about. I'm saying that you are free to play however you want, just stop misunderstanding what the game tells you.

    Oh yeah i read it. You didn´t want to hear excuses. So i posted the harsh truth of tunneling. No evil complot or excuses. Just facts.

  • @Laendra said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2423180#Comment_2423180

    LOL, if they gen rush, they usually leave the totems alone...just bring no-ed. If they bring flashlights, bring franklins. How they play determines how I treat them. If they are toxic (t-bagging, refusing to participate in normal game-play, et.al.), I'll do my best to down 'em and sacrifice them. If they give good chases and what have you, I'll usually just two-hook and release...unless I have a challenge that requires sacrifices.

    NOED isn´t worth taking tbh. Simply because even when they don´t touch totems during the whole trial, the chance of NOED spawning right next to the exit gate are surprisingly high. Can´t count the times that i heard the "thunderstruck" a mere seconds after all gens were completed. But lets say it spawns in a good spot. Then 1 of 2 things happens: you get 1 down/hook, it gets cleansed and they rescue the hooked survivor or you get 1 down/hook and they simply leave their teammate behind.

    Flashlights are a thing. Yes, Lightborn helps but only when you see the flashlights coming. If they last second switch, than you won´t have time to equip it. The SWF teams that want to bully a killer will usually wait for the last second to prevent Lightborn.

    Good for you if you 2 hook and let go. That way you will never pip but thats part of your solution, right?

  • You are 100% right. There are 4 objective categories, and only 1 is sacrifice. You have to engage with the other 3 to actually be playing the game as intended. And Camp and Tunnel generally means killers are not.

  • Reading this thread, I think I see where you’re getting at. You just wasn’t as.. clear the first time? Correct me if I’m wrong.

    Nonetheless: The game states, “Kill all Survivors, blah blah”, but never really states to do it a certain way other than the classic. It never explicitly says “camp/tunnel to win” and even the game’s mechanics are against it.

    However,

    I wouldn’t say it’s false information, as the game also doesn’t state that you shouldn’t do it. As you mentioned, camping/tunneling are still viable strategies.

    As long as they’re strategies that lead to killing survivors, there should be no fuss. Most people who excessively camp/tunnel/slug don’t care about emblems, performance and all that anyway.

    They play to kill and kill only, which is probably what they mean when they say “It’s my objective to kill”. Not go for style points.

  • @Marigoria said:

    The problem with the arguments I've seen some killer mains using on the forums, is that if you use the same logic but "survivor sided" they don't like it.

    Some killer mains say they don't owe you a good time, and they're not here to make your game "easy", but then will complain about "genrushing", looping, "pressing w", keys etc.

    Double standards and victim complexes.

    To put it bluntly, most people who post here are huge crybabies that feel sorry for themselves.

    Whenever a discussion starts or evolves into x, y, and z being "blank-sided" or trash talking everyone that prefers the role opposite that they do, you can pretty much assume they play the game in a very masochistic way and aren't here to listen to other points of view or to discuss so much as they are to shout into the void after a bad game and get validation for it.

    Which they're totally free to do of course, but it gets old lol

  • Played against a Leatherface last night named (This Strat Works).

    I don't think I have to elaborate on how the match went.

  • @Power_Guy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2423462#Comment_2423462

    The game's WIN CONDITIONS are killing or escaping. The emblem system is a grade based on what you did in the match. You don't 'win' by getting all Iris and you don't 'fail' by getting all Bronze.

    You win by escaping or killing.

    You lose by dying.

    The Killer's win/loss is more of a sliding scale of HOW MANY he killed. One could say he 'barely wins' at 1 kill to 'completely wins at 4' and only 'loses' at 0.

    But the game's win conditions, as programmed into the game, are killing and escaping. This is a hard fact; the Killer does not 'win' if he tortures everyone to 2 hooks and 12 downs each, and then they all escape.

    According to whom? Is their a magical win/loss tally screen I'm not aware of? As far as I'm aware there is no official win/loss condition.

  • To me, Camping is only excusable if its 1. a meme build (like basement bubba) or 2 securing a kill after all gens are done, tunneling to me is rude when there are still 5 gens but mid to late game its fair game and ill tunnel myself.

    that saying do whatever you want, just realize it can make playing the other side miserable.

  • @FrostySeal said:

    Now before you comment, I acknowledge that tunneling and camping is a viable strategy. For the most part I don't really hold it against anyone who does it, but jeez this particular excuse has been getting on my nerves lately and that is "my objective is to kill the survivors." No, its not. The game very clearly states that the job of the Killer is to torture the survivors and after squeezing every last bit of hope they have then they can kill the survivors.

    If your gonna tunnel and camp, go right on ahead, I don't care, do whatever you want but for the love of god stop using false information.

    yeah I sure am "torturing survivors" when I see them all the way across the map doing a gen and know I can't reach it in time and they all sit at the exit gates and tbag after I so kindly left the hook to go "torture" them. lmao

  • @FrostySeal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2423139#Comment_2423139

    The game very clearly states and implies that the job of the Killer is to torture the survivors slowly and after they've been drained of all their hope then they deliver the killing blow. Like I said in the post that people obviously misunderstood, I don't care what you or anyone does in this game but stop oversimplifying the objective of the game. Yes, you need to kill the survivors but that's not the only objective.

    I wouldn't equate "clearly states" as something obscurely found in the lore. Which I haven't even glimpsed at once.

  • @FrostySeal said:

    Now before you comment, I acknowledge that tunneling and camping is a viable strategy. For the most part I don't really hold it against anyone who does it, but jeez this particular excuse has been getting on my nerves lately and that is "my objective is to kill the survivors." No, its not. The game very clearly states that the job of the Killer is to torture the survivors and after squeezing every last bit of hope they have then they can kill the survivors.

    If your gonna tunnel and camp, go right on ahead, I don't care, do whatever you want but for the love of god stop using false information.

    well, it sounds as if the killers are doing a pretty good job of torturing you so it sounds like they're doing their job

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2423812#Comment_2423812

    NOED isn´t worth taking tbh. Simply because even when they don´t touch totems during the whole trial, the chance of NOED spawning right next to the exit gate are surprisingly high. Can´t count the times that i heard the "thunderstruck" a mere seconds after all gens were completed. But lets say it spawns in a good spot. Then 1 of 2 things happens: you get 1 down/hook, it gets cleansed and they rescue the hooked survivor or you get 1 down/hook and they simply leave their teammate behind.

    Flashlights are a thing. Yes, Lightborn helps but only when you see the flashlights coming. If they last second switch, than you won´t have time to equip it. The SWF teams that want to bully a killer will usually wait for the last second to prevent Lightborn.

    Good for you if you 2 hook and let go. That way you will never pip but thats part of your solution, right?

    Yeah, that is part of the solution. Unfortunately, I still get enough red and purple ranks that are 95% toxic that I still end up pipping. I don't usually have the problem with them getting the NOED totem first, because they usually team up with yellow ranks to try and get easier games....

  • I play Killer WAY more than Survivor, the only thing I refuse to do and absolutely despise of other Killers doing (and I don't care how legal and within game rules it is) is face camping asap. I get it at the Endgame to secure a last minute kill. But face camping the very first Survivor you down at the very beginning of the game, refusing to chase other Survivors or even make an attempt to go to a Gen, is a real s***y thing to do, no matter your "reasoning" or excuse.

    No amount of Perks or teammate help can stop a person who solely focuses on one Survivor and does nothing else in the early game but that, so miss me with defending it by saying to use Perks.

  • @FrostySeal said:

    Now before you comment, I acknowledge that tunneling and camping is a viable strategy. For the most part I don't really hold it against anyone who does it, but jeez this particular excuse has been getting on my nerves lately and that is "my objective is to kill the survivors." No, its not. The game very clearly states that the job of the Killer is to torture the survivors and after squeezing every last bit of hope they have then they can kill the survivors.

    If your gonna tunnel and camp, go right on ahead, I don't care, do whatever you want but for the love of god stop using false information.

    Lol that's never the excuse. Only survivors can empower camping and by extension tunneling. Camping cannot work if the hooked survivor hangs out while gens are busted out by everyone else. Tunneling works 100% as a result of a failure to protect an unhook. It's only efficient because other survivors make it work.

  • @Gamedozer7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2423273#Comment_2423273

    And what if I don't want to run those atm killers also like to have variety in there builds. So if I'm running a build that doesn't have slow down perks I need a different strategy. I'll give you that they aren't ture infinites but badham and Haddonfield houses of pain, the main building in the one MacMillan level they are at lest 2 min chase for one hit because you can't mind game them they have to be brute forced.

    Just so we are clear in most case I don't tunnel untell about 2 gens but once they're down to 2 someone has to go

    "And what if I don't want to run those atm killers also like to have variety in there builds."

    Best not let the killer mains hear that one from a survivor.

    Camping? "Just run BT". Tunnelling? "Just run DS". Spirit? "Just run IW". Slugging? "Just run UB". NOED? "Just run DetHunch/SG".

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2423314#Comment_2423314

    "And what if I don't want to run those atm killers also like to have variety in there builds."

    Best not let the killer mains hear that one from a survivor.

    Camping? "Just run BT". Tunnelling? "Just run DS". Spirit? "Just run IW". Slugging? "Just run UB". NOED? "Just run DetHunch/SG".

    Hooking? Just bring a flashlight

    Killing? Just bring a key

    Surviving? Just point at a other survivor, that usually works

1 2 ›