Dead Dawg Saloon death room removed

Amazing top priority change. gotta make sure first game survivors dont make this mistake! Oh as a consequence you make an even crazier main building. Alright can we get to fixing actual bugs that make the game bad now?

Comments

  • what they did to dead dawn saloon death room?

  • Honestly should rework grave of glenvale it's an awful map with way too many breakable walls. I know it's super killer-sided but I hate getting it even as killer because breaking 30 walls gets old after the second or third one

  • @adam1233467 said:

    what they did to dead dawn saloon death room?

    it's open now, from what I know

    meaning no more breakable walls?

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2418042#Comment_2418042

    it's open now, from what I know

    meaning no more breakable walls?

    you have a picture so i can see, because this window was open before but they changed it, and became a death room

  • WHY? That room is so fun if you trap someone in it.

  • @adam1233467 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2418047#Comment_2418047

    you have a picture so i can see, because this window was open before but they changed it, and became a death room

    I can't check it right now but, basically

    the death room has 2 breakable walls - the one that leads out onto the balcony and the one that connects to the room behind it (Which leads to the 'god window' in the saloon at the top of the stairs

    I believe they've made it so one of (or both) of the doors are open meaning the death room is no longer a constant dead end.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2418053#Comment_2418053

    I can't check it right now but, basically

    the death room has 2 breakable walls - the one that leads out onto the balcony and the one that connects to the room behind it (Which leads to the 'god window' in the saloon at the top of the stairs

    I believe they've made it so one of (or both) of the doors are open meaning the death room is no longer a constant dead end.

    I hope this isn't true or at least a bug,because that would make the main building even worse for killers than it already is

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2418057#Comment_2418057

    I hope this isn't true or at least a bug,because that would make the main building even worse for killers than it already is

    I understand the concern but from a dev perspective having a room in a building that will kill you if you enter makes no sense gameplay wise, if you ask me. I know Hawkins/Game has similar dead ends but that's usually caused by the map having doors opened by gens

    It's also annoying for killers since they are forced to break a wall if they want to hook anyone who goes in there.

  • Honestly, I don't have a problem with this. I had a game against a clown once and they downed me in there. They then proceeded to leave me on the ground and throw bottles at me until I bleed out. Other survivors could not get me, because he was just standing over me, and I couldn't crawl out of the room, because he refused to break the walls.

  • image.png

    yep, it's open now, i didn't break the door, it already open

  • are they going to do the same to the death room in midwich?

  • @adam1233467 said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/HBZHBQJ72MTJ/image.png

    yep, it's open now, i didn't break the door, it already open

    This is terrible. If they want to remove death room they should remove balcony wall, not this wall. This is almost infinite loop now

  • Oh, they finally realised that having a room with only one way in or out was like a giant flashing beacon for griefers and trolls and needed changing? Took a while but I’m glad they got there.

  • My theory at the moment is they removed it because it could be considered a 'hostage' spot

    As in it's extremely easy for a killer to hold someone hostage permanently in there

  • @adam1233467 said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/HBZHBQJ72MTJ/image.png

    yep, it's open now, i didn't break the door, it already open

    Wow I guess it's bamboozle time.. A minute of silence for the fellow killers that don't have that perk yet.

  • @Jivetalkin13 said:

    Honestly, I don't have a problem with this. I had a game against a clown once and they downed me in there. They then proceeded to leave me on the ground and throw bottles at me until I bleed out. Other survivors could not get me, because he was just standing over me, and I couldn't crawl out of the room, because he refused to break the walls.

    I'm sorry that you had a bad experience in a bedroom with Clown but now the wall is missing and that effects everyone else.

  • @Irisora said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2418122#Comment_2418122

    Wow I guess it's bamboozle time.. A minute of silence for the fellow killers that don't have that perk yet.

    Or they just break the Wall right next to the Window and dont need Bamboozle...

    But I already know that breaking breakable Walls is something which seems impossible for most Killers.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    My theory at the moment is they removed it because it could be considered a 'hostage' spot

    As in it's extremely easy for a killer to hold someone hostage permanently in there

    They should have removed the wall towards the balcony then.

    This could be an infininte now

  • Too many people found a way to take advantage of it like killers holding it hostage, or pretending to afk in there from the beginning with bamboozle to lure survivors in, or a survivor mid chase hopping the window and immediately into the locker with head on basically forcing the killer to vault the window eat the stun or break the wall and eat a stun, it's just a bad spot that offered no real gameplay anyway other than to do one of the things I mentioned above

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2418133#Comment_2418133

    Or they just break the Wall right next to the Window and dont need Bamboozle...

    But I already know that breaking breakable Walls is something which seems impossible for most Killers.

    If you don't block one of the windows survivors can probably do 2 or 3 loops with the double window loop open now, so bamboozle it's needed.

  • I’m gonna guess Crowd Control is the reason.

    I had a hilarious match where I had someone slugged in there, and everybody else that tried to vault in got trapped, or trapped everyone else trying to get out.

    4 man slug. It was funny because I was being gen rushed to hell up till that point.

  • very interesting. i guess i can understand why but is unnecesary, everybody knows that room is dead. literally , and there is 0 reason to go in there, because actually not even totems spown in there, usually they do in the room aside.

  • @hiken said:

    very interesting. i guess i can understand why but is unnecesary, everybody knows that room is dead. literally , and there is 0 reason to go in there, because actually not even totems spown in there, usually they do in the room aside.

    Totems can actually spawn in that room. You’re right that they usually spawn in the one next to it but it does happen.

  • @Irisora said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2418144#Comment_2418144

    If you don't block one of the windows survivors can probably do 2 or 3 loops with the double window loop open now, so bamboozle it's needed.

    The door right next to the Window makes this Window useless. It is like 2cm next to the Window.

    You wont be able to do multiple rounds around both windows when the Wall in this room is broken.

  • @The_Krapper said:

    Too many people found a way to take advantage of it like killers holding it hostage, or pretending to afk in there from the beginning with bamboozle to lure survivors in, or a survivor mid chase hopping the window and immediately into the locker with head on basically forcing the killer to vault the window eat the stun or break the wall and eat a stun, it's just a bad spot that offered no real gameplay anyway other than to do one of the things I mentioned above

    too many people? you mean the two people that made youtube vids about it? and going in a dead room with an afk killer is very smart :)

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2418156#Comment_2418156

    The door right next to the Window makes this Window useless. It is like 2cm next to the Window.

    You wont be able to do multiple rounds around both windows when the Wall in this room is broken.

    People can do that ALREADY WITHOUT the 2nd window. It will simply make it easier to do.

    I'd laugh if opening that window is what gets the real problem window nerfed.

  • @hiken said:

    very interesting. i guess i can understand why but is unnecesary, everybody knows that room is dead. literally , and there is 0 reason to go in there, because actually not even totems spown in there, usually they do in the room aside.

    One time I saw a devour hope in that room and two survivors for some reason went in there together for it and they cleansed it in the killers face so he just afk at the window and we had to leave them in there and escape, they died to the collapse and 2 gens were still up when the shenanigans all started he literally wouldn't leave the window and the survivors proceeded to flame this person and argue with him in chat for a good 4-5 minutes afterwards as bad as the gameplay was the chat was entertaining at least

  • @baseballfan4877 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2418153#Comment_2418153

    too many people? you mean the two people that made youtube vids about it? and going in a dead room with an afk killer is very smart :)

    I'm not saying I would do it lol but killers tried to imitate it after those videos and Ive seen a few survivors fall for it, I just leave when I see that lol

  • Should have made it so the outside door was broken not the inside. Alternatively kept both doors and added a broken floor to fall through giving the killer a choice on what door to break or even better remove the window and open both doors and suddenly all the issues listed disappear.

  • Considering it could have been used to hold the game hostage, I guess it's understandable to why it was removed. It was funny as hell tho, sometimes the killer would be forced to break the wall to hook the survivor.