Who has a better chance of getting in the game, Candyman or FNAF?

Candyman or a FNAF character, who has a better chance of making it into the game?

Comments

  • honestly, i think fnaf is just a generally more well known license at the moment.

  • A slasher killer fits more in line with the game’s theme. Plus, an actual person is easier to fit into the art style.

  • I mean, I've seen Ads for the new Candyman movie. Maybe they're pulling something like RE did and getting a killer in DbD around when they're putting out a thing.

  • I feel like we'll get both of them one day, but as of right now I think they're tied.

  • I really want Candyman in Dead by daylight, but it may not be him, otherwise I'll swallow my words. Too bad we will have to wait until May next year to find out about another license.

  • @VioletCrimes said:

    A slasher killer fits more in line with the game’s theme. Plus, an actual person is easier to fit into the art style.

    Who said spring trap isnt a slasher?

  • do you not know what slasher means in this context?

  • @VioletCrimes said:

    A slasher killer fits more in line with the game’s theme. Plus, an actual person is easier to fit into the art style.

    springtrap is a dude in a suit basically, not a full on robot

  • @VioletCrimes said:

    A slasher killer fits more in line with the game’s theme. Plus, an actual person is easier to fit into the art style.

    Springtrap is just a dude in a suit basically, hes not a full on robot.

    Also im voting candyman because I feel like he has a better chance logically but i still feel like springtrap is the next killer more.

  • @MyNamePete said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2415642#Comment_2415642

    springtrap is a dude in a suit basically, not a full on robot

    Yeah, but FNAF isn't a slasher game. I mean the genre, not the character. Candyman is a slasher killer because the series fits into the slasher horror genre.

  • @CornHub said:

    Candyman or a FNAF character, who has a better chance of making it into the game?

    well scott has retired, so probably candyman

  • @VioletCrimes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2419113#Comment_2419113

    Yeah, but FNAF isn't a slasher game. I mean the genre, not the character. Candyman is a slasher killer because the series fits into the slasher horror genre.

    SAW isn't a slasher franchise either.

  • Candy man obviously.

    FNAF is trash, it’s just a bunch of preteens spamming the forums with those springshit posts.

  • I do, but its the same thing. Springtrap could be turned into a "slasher" in two seconds. Nemesis isnt a slasher, neither is demo. Plus if spring trap included in the fnaf movie bhvr will have plenty to go off of

  • With Hellraiser coming to DbD, BHVR automatically gets connections to Clive Baker (creator of both Hellraiser and Candyman concepts). Plus, they have some sort of a connection to Tony Todd, which I guess everyone knows about by now. So Candyman might not come this year, but there is a high chance of him getting into the roster next year, if BHVR already has licenses planned out until then. As for FNaF, I think that with departure of Scott and him looking for a worthy successor, it might take some time before there is even chance to seriously talk about collab.

  • I believe both have a place in DBD ^^ If I had to bet who is coming first I would say fnaf.

  • FNAF, the amount of times they tease Candyman and go against it is annoying, if we don't get him before the anniversary we might never get him

  • we already got those weird bunny costumes of legion that give FNAF vibes, we good.

  • As much as I want Fnaf, this seems more likely.

  • if  FNAF is in then sorry im out


  • I think they both a good chance of getting in, but i think candyman will be first just because the fnaf property is in a weird state with the director changing, and a few major projects in the works.

  • Definitely Candyman. And I will give you a few reasons why.

    I believe FNAF will never come to DBD. The creator of FNAF has very controversial public opinions.

    It has already been confirmed the next killer is Pinhead. Pinhead is from hellraiser which is based on a book by Clive Barker. Candyman is also based on a novel written by Clive Barker. So if the licensing agreement has gone through the author of the original stories then it's likely they have made a deal for both Candyman AND Hellraiser.

  • Tony Todd / Clive Barker > Scott Cawthon

    Besides, Candyman is just a more well written because he manages to be a sympathetic villain- and the moral intricacies that surround his tragic backstory make him a more interesting character and a more compelling fit within the roster of slasher villains we see in DBD as the devs continue seeking to add unique stories. William Afton is a guy who worked at a Chuck-E-Cheese and decided to murder kids one day?

  • I think it depends on how well the candyman reboot movie does. If it flops, i think fnaf will come first. Because that would probably be the most profitable in that case especially considering how many fnaf projects are in the works.

  • @VioletCrimes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2419113#Comment_2419113

    Yeah, but FNAF isn't a slasher game. I mean the genre, not the character. Candyman is a slasher killer because the series fits into the slasher horror genre.

    Well dbd is more about horror not slashers, RE is a zombie horror, Michael is a horror villain. The only slasher killer we could get is Candyman or Jason if we're lucky. Most slasher villains aren't very iconic

  • @Jayden_Yoinks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2420965#Comment_2420965

    Well dbd is more about horror not slashers, RE is a zombie horror, Michael is a horror villain. The only slasher killer we could get is Candyman or Jason if we're lucky. Most slasher villains aren't very iconic

    Sure, but a slasher horror fits the setting a bit better for me.

  • I don't get how FNAF fits in at all with DBD, but Candyman seems more believable in turning to the entity since his character was turned into a killer from a bee sting and was starting to become a narcissist when they said his name.

  • People still want FNAF?

  • @Seiko300 said:

    Tony Todd / Clive Barker > Scott Cawthon

    Besides, Candyman is just a more well written because he manages to be a sympathetic villain- and the moral intricacies that surround his tragic backstory make him a more interesting character and a more compelling fit within the roster of slasher villains we see in DBD as the devs continue seeking to add unique stories. William Afton is a guy who worked at a Chuck-E-Cheese and decided to murder kids one day?

    I'd like to argue that the story of FNaF is just as deep as candyman.

  • @VioletCrimes said:

    A slasher killer fits more in line with the game’s theme. Plus, an actual person is easier to fit into the art style.

    Bunnies and Mr. Puddles. FNAF-style is already in the game.