Cryptid killers

I think it would be cool to have cryptids as killers in dbd like the following...


the wendigo

IMG_0984.JPG


mothman

IMG_0985.JPG


shuck


IMG_0986.JPG

I would especially like to see what they do with an animal killer

Comments

  • that last one is just a dog

  • I want to play as sasquatch. Give me the ape man or I quit.

  • Chupacabra as a killer when?

  • 2 Ideas for a Wendigo

    A Spirit version of the Wendigo that involved with Winter or bones.

    or

    A male shaman that embraces the power of the Wendigo with idea powers of Winter or bones .

    Both versions have a default Wendigo skull as head and cosmetics are based on original Wendigo which is a malnourished human body with palish skin.

    Shaman wears a ragged long robe with the Deer skull.

  • What's a shuck? I never of them before

  • BIGFOOT KILLER


    BIGFOOT KILLER

    MV5BMTQxNjgzNDQ1M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzA1MjE1MjE@._V1_.jpg


  • @DwarvenTavern said:

    What's a shuck? I never of them before

    I remember him some what in high school.

    Black wolf/dog that kills anyone no matter what and is basically living hellfire since he can bark fireballs. Also, his claw marks on anything become burn marks. Think he existed in Viking times down to 17th or 18th century in London. Believe he tried to break down a church door, which to this day still has Shuck's burn marks on it.

    Like I said I remember him some what so my memory might be little messed up.

  • @Gulsvart said:

    that last one is just a dog

    👏👏👏

  • Mothman could be interesting, but they'd have to find some way to convey the uneasy, existential dread that surroundd his legend. It would have to be more than undetectable grabs and jumpscares.

  • Just imagine a killer like the Spiderboss from Hunt Showdown <3 that would be awesome

    b59c3d90a034fdfd2dd2fc7abcae836c.jpg


  • I prefer if they went with the non cryptid version of the  ̶w̶e̶n̶d̶i̶g̶o̶, a good example is the one from until dawn, the one in the picture is a cryptid, what version do you prefer?

  • @IlliterateGenocide said:

    I prefer if they went with the non cryptid version of the  ̶w̶e̶n̶d̶i̶g̶o̶, a good example is the one from until dawn, the one in the picture is a cryptid, what version do you prefer?

    Still say have an original Chapter and go with Deer skull version and have a skin based on original Wendigo design which is the Until dawn version is based from.

  • What about a werewolf killer or something. You fill up a gauge to transform into a fast wolf form that lasts X amount of seconds or until manually canceled and you can only pickup survivors to utilize hooks in human form. Power works almost like a mix between Oni and the Twins. Just spitballing.

  • I came up with a concept for a goatman killer a while back actually. It's main power was honeslty kinda uninspired run fast power, but there were two things in it that I felt worked into the feel of cryptids pretty well. The first was a passive ability that increases your movement speed temporarily gives it a move speed boost after entering a survivor's FOV, which was supposed to play off footage and stuff where you just barely see a cryptid moving past. The seconds was a perk that inflicts two random status effects on hit, which was supposed to play off the unknown nature of cryptids.

  • Mothman could potentially be interesting if he had the ability to fly, though that would obviously not mesh well with a lot of the maps.

  • @Firellius said:

    Mothman could potentially be interesting if he had the ability to fly, though that would obviously not mesh well with a lot of the maps.

    I think that's why people want him. Mothman the flying killer.

  • @Mr_Madness said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2411807#Comment_2411807

    I remember him some what in high school.

    Black wolf/dog that kills anyone no matter what and is basically living hellfire since he can bark fireballs. Also, his claw marks on anything become burn marks. Think he existed in Viking times down to 17th or 18th century in London. Believe he tried to break down a church door, which to this day still has Shuck's burn marks on it.

    Like I said I remember him some what so my memory might be little messed up.

    your pretty on spot right there. Since reports aren't always the same some say he lacks a head or runs with a pack of ghost hunters

  • @HaunterofShadows said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2411821#Comment_2411821

    your pretty on spot right there. Since reports aren't always the same some say he lacks a head or runs with a pack of ghost hunters

    The concept interested me because they've never done an animal killer

  • @HaunterofShadows said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2411821#Comment_2411821

    your pretty on spot right there. Since reports aren't always the same some say he lacks a head or runs with a pack of ghost hunters

    Exactly and if done with original killer we could have different skins depicting the different reports of the Wendigo.

    @Dr_Gaster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2412816#Comment_2412816

    The concept interested me because they've never done an animal killer

    Well Wendigo is sort of an animal. In some cases he is a rotting deer humanoid with a visibal ribcage and a deer skull but this case he is usually just a spirit that appears in this form because of never-ending hunger in the winter.

  • I might point out that the actual folklore version of the wendigo isn’t a deer-shaped being