Is the Pig an M1 Killer?

I didn't know if the Pigs ambush is still considered an M1 attack.

Comments

  • She's technically not an M1 killer.

  • I mean... against better survivors she kind of is. Loop dashing does work every now and again, but once they catch on, you're probably going to start faking the dash, stand up and whack them over the head.

    [Oh... nvm]

  • Ambush isn't considered an M1. It doesn't activate Sloppy and STBFL and so forth.

  • It doesn't count as a basic attack, but it doesn't do anything special once you get hit so I'd say she's an m1 killer.

  • The ambush its not an M1 attack so it doesn't work for gaining STBFL stacks or Noed.

  • She's a hybrid M1-M2 killer, but mostly M1. Her ambush can be useful in loops and does not count as an M1 attack.

  • I can use M2 aswell. Maybe your mouse not working? Idk, traps are solid on my end

  • I would consider her and M1 killer. Her dash attack is barely worth using.

  • Technically? No she's not. However a lot of people treat her as an M1 killer because her ambush is only really reliable in certain situations and those situations aren't necessarily in every match and usually smart players can keep those situations from happening.

  • @FFirebrandd said:

    Ambush isn't considered an M1. It doesn't activate Sloppy and STBFL and so forth.

    @CornHub said:

    It doesn't count as a basic attack, but it doesn't do anything special once you get hit so I'd say she's an m1 killer.

    @Irisora said:

    The ambush its not an M1 attack so it doesn't work for gaining STBFL stacks or Noed.

    So what I am gathering is her ambush attack needs a buff? Because the fact that her ambush attack doesn't even help build synergy with her M1 is silly. Her ambush attack needs buffed. Simple as that. That's my consensus.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2410027#Comment_2410027

    I mean, it could?

    But the reason a lot of Survivors are complacent at the added time that RBT's gives Pig (and having Undetectable, as well as the RBT's occasionally being hyper-lethal) is likely because she's not a great chaser.

    Well it should at least count as her M1 attack. That or survivors hit by ambush are mangled or broken or something.

  • @TwitchyMike said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2408321#Comment_2408321

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2408322#Comment_2408322

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2408324#Comment_2408324

    So what I am gathering is her ambush attack needs a buff? Because the fact that her ambush attack doesn't even help build synergy with her M1 is silly. Her ambush attack needs buffed. Simple as that. That's my consensus.

    If it just applied M1 status effects (Sloppy, Knockout, Surge) I would consider it a good weapon

  • @Snowbawlzzz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2410027#Comment_2410027

    If it just applied M1 status effects (Sloppy, Knockout, Surge) I would consider it a good weapon

    Ya anything honestly! If it was just considered part of the M1 status effects she would be in a perfect spot. Cause I honestly find a hard time using the Pigs Ambush Ability.

  • @TwitchyMike said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2410063#Comment_2410063

    Ya anything honestly! If it was just considered part of the M1 status effects she would be in a perfect spot. Cause I honestly find a hard time using the Pigs Ambush Ability.

    It was like that a few patches ago. I don't remember when but at some point the devs decided to make all powers that looks like a basic weapon attack behave like its not..

    Hard nerf to killers like pig and sinceraly if you look at all the patch notes pig only received nerfs since her release. I used to play her a lot but after that change and the change to her terror radious and EGC i stopped playing pig. Shes weak and boring to play now.

  • @TwitchyMike said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2410043#Comment_2410043

    Well it should at least count as her M1 attack. That or survivors hit by ambush are mangled or broken or something.

    It used to count as an M1 attack, it made instadowns like Haunted Grounds and NOED a bit too powerful on her in quite a lot of situations. Overall though, making her dash not a basic attack has made her stronger thanks to her having a reliable way of keeping STBFL stacks.

    Pig has more an issue with her reverse bear traps not being based on actual chance(it's a guaranteed escape if you reach your box, the chance is only a virtual one as you do not know where your key is) people tend to compare it to current trapper, but current trapper actually is based on a percentage. The difference? It's quite common when playing against Pig that you get your mask off in the first 2 attempts, while against a trapper, when 1 survivor might get out first try, but on average, your opponents will escape on their 4th try(unless they use luck offerings, which can mean survivors have a 65% chance of escaping per attempt, drawing the average down to 1.01 attempts, but they still technically can be stuck for 6 full attempts).

    So rework her reverse bear traps a tiny bit, give her an addon pass and she's fine, really. If you're a good pig, you can always get dash hits. Learn to moon-dash, learn places you can bounce off with your dash and learn places where you can use your dash to gain distance, then pig is a real monster. If you're really clever, you can actually use a dash attack to block off the survivor's path to stronger loops and force them back to area's they have little to no resources. A dash attack doesnt need to damage a survivor to have value.

  • @Irisora said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2410074#Comment_2410074

    It was like that a few patches ago. I don't remember when but at some point the devs decided to make all powers that looks like a basic weapon attack behave like its not..

    Hard nerf to killers like pig and sinceraly if you look at all the patch notes pig only received nerfs since her release. I used to play her a lot but after that change and the change to her terror radious and EGC i stopped playing pig. Shes weak and boring to play now.

    That's dumb. Why nerf the Pig when she is maybe a C tier killer? Regardless she needs a buff.

  • @Predated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2410054#Comment_2410054

    It used to count as an M1 attack, it made instadowns like Haunted Grounds and NOED a bit too powerful on her in quite a lot of situations. Overall though, making her dash not a basic attack has made her stronger thanks to her having a reliable way of keeping STBFL stacks.

    Pig has more an issue with her reverse bear traps not being based on actual chance(it's a guaranteed escape if you reach your box, the chance is only a virtual one as you do not know where your key is) people tend to compare it to current trapper, but current trapper actually is based on a percentage. The difference? It's quite common when playing against Pig that you get your mask off in the first 2 attempts, while against a trapper, when 1 survivor might get out first try, but on average, your opponents will escape on their 4th try(unless they use luck offerings, which can mean survivors have a 65% chance of escaping per attempt, drawing the average down to 1.01 attempts, but they still technically can be stuck for 6 full attempts).

    So rework her reverse bear traps a tiny bit, give her an addon pass and she's fine, really. If you're a good pig, you can always get dash hits. Learn to moon-dash, learn places you can bounce off with your dash and learn places where you can use your dash to gain distance, then pig is a real monster. If you're really clever, you can actually use a dash attack to block off the survivor's path to stronger loops and force them back to area's they have little to no resources. A dash attack doesnt need to damage a survivor to have value.

    Okay I can actually see that. I can use my ambush attack on the obsession and not lose stacks. Interesting... I think it should still apply the mangled or broken status effect. You bring up some good points. Ya maybe rework her traps.

  • Her power is very weak and underwhelming. Wraith uncloak basically does her power better and he gets sweat mobility w/ fun addons. Also any m1 perks (sloppy etc) always get value.

  • @LeFennecFox said:

    Her power is very weak and underwhelming. Wraith uncloak basically does her power better and he gets sweat mobility w/ fun addons. Also any m1 perks (sloppy etc) always get value.

    See I see what @Predated is saying but at the same time you shouldn't have to be a pro or seasoned veteran just to play a character in this game. This game needs to maintain it's high learning curve but still be accessible to new players.

  • Pigs ambush is literally an M1 slingshot, so she's an M1 killer to me, regardless of what her ambush is classified as.

  • @lauraa said:

    Pigs ambush is literally an M1 slingshot, so she's an M1 killer to me, regardless of what her ambush is classified as.

    Well that problem is it's not an M1 attack because it isn't considered a special attack. It literally doesn't count as an M1 attack and can't synergize with any M1 perks. Now that I know it's not a M1 attack I am satisfied with this discussion. Now it's just a matter of realizing different ways to play as her.

  • @TwitchyMike said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2410547#Comment_2410547

    Okay I can actually see that. I can use my ambush attack on the obsession and not lose stacks. Interesting... I think it should still apply the mangled or broken status effect. You bring up some good points. Ya maybe rework her traps.

    Oh, you can add mangled on hats if need be, as a Pig you dont really want to leave a chase unless its absolutely horrendous to chase them, and there are 3 other survivors you can still apply sloppy butcher on(let alone that hitting them with sloppy and 8 stacks of STBFL makes hitting multiple survivors quite easy).

  • @TwitchyMike said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2417234#Comment_2417234

    Well that problem is it's not an M1 attack because it isn't considered a special attack. It literally doesn't count as an M1 attack and can't synergize with any M1 perks. Now that I know it's not a M1 attack I am satisfied with this discussion. Now it's just a matter of realizing different ways to play as her.

    I suggest watching Scorpionz guide on Pig. He teaches you clever mechanics that you can use in beneficial ways that dont really require too much skill to replicate succesfully. You can ignore his bouncing mechanics he explains later in the video. Essentially, Pig has a few mechanics that you'll only realize when you play survivor against Pig. Knowing those mechanics will make her a lot easier to play as, without needing to be a high rank killer.

  • She pretty much is, nobody uses ambush that much, only the stealth occasionally. On average i think i get 1 or 2 valuable ambushes in a game wich is kind of a sad power.

  • I'm really starting to get the sense that she needs a buff/reword. Sounds like you have to squeeze really hard just to get any lemon juice out of her.