It's 2021 and killer still isn't fun

killer was fun at the beginning, now it's just a sweatfest, all the time. It's really so aggravating that The devs in this game are so ignorant to what goes on when you're a high ranking killer.

There's too many overpowered survivor perks compared to killer perks, Some killer perk benefits are so horrible it's laugh worthy, they make you work so hard for the tiniest reward when you look at it.

Maybe if they actually balance out the way killer plays and adjust the maps so every chase isnt a loopathon, and get rid of bloodlust, it's just not fun gameplay for what it's supposed to be. I'm tired of playing spirit or some other killer that's strong, they don't actually take a look at why theres a small list of killers viaable in high ranks, it's cuz most suck eggs compared.

Comments

  • @Bravobro said:

    I am rank 1 killer and can say it is very difficult for killers. But the hardest thing to do is to do it yourself. I know that you want to have reached rank 1 once. After that, however, it should not matter whether you win or lose.

    Yeah sometimes if there's too much imbalances, it becomes less and less fun

  • @SasukeKun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2413423#Comment_2413423

    Yeah sometimes if there's too much imbalances, it becomes less and less fun

    Then do yourself a favor and play something else for a while. If I feel the same way, I switch off dead by daylight for a week and play something else.After that, I'm even better in the game and the game seems less modest than it is. The game is a huge construction site and it will never be what it should be.

  • @Bravobro said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2413612#Comment_2413612

    Then do yourself a favor and play something else for a while. If I feel the same way, I switch off dead by daylight for a week and play something else.After that, I'm even better in the game and the game seems less modest than it is. The game is a huge construction site and it will never be what it should be.

    OR we can talk about the imbalances and put air to them

  • @SasukeKun said:

    killer was fun at the beginning, now it's just a sweatfest, all the time. It's really so aggravating that The devs in this game are so ignorant to what goes on when you're a high ranking killer.

    There's too many overpowered survivor perks compared to killer perks, Some killer perk benefits are so horrible it's laugh worthy, they make you work so hard for the tiniest reward when you look at it.

    Maybe if they actually balance out the way killer plays and adjust the maps so every chase isnt a loopathon, and get rid of bloodlust, it's just not fun gameplay for what it's supposed to be. I'm tired of playing spirit or some other killer that's strong, they don't actually take a look at why theres a small list of killers viaable in high ranks, it's cuz most suck eggs compared.

    Yes, I play killer probably 60-70% of the time and I feel this way as well. I’ve been playing a lot less frequently lately because of how sweaty and stressful most games are, especially against coordinated SWF teams. If you don’t get a down quickly in your first chase, 3 gens pop and it’s basically already game over. It’s just not enjoyable at all. I haven’t read through all the comments but I’m sure there will be plenty of survivors telling killer mains to stop complaining, git gut, etc. when many of them have never played killer at higher ranks. Hope they enjoy long queue times or playing against bots because more and more killers are going to reduce their play time or quit altogether if some of the balance issues don’t get addressed

    My most enjoyable games have against skilled survivors that are not in a coordinated SWF (I.e. the way the game was designed to be played). Playing against solo potatoes and stomping them is just as unfun as getting stomped by a good SWF. The main problem is SWF at high ranks as most killers stand zero chance

  • @thisisntmax said:

    im truly shocked that running four regression isn't fun compared to chaser perks way back in 2017-2018. shocked, i tell you.

    most of them can be turned off then you're shin kicked for the rest of the match, its not fun

  • I play 50/50 (give or take) survivor/killer. I've been Rank 1 multiple times at the latter. Is it fun playing killer at Red Rank? Yes -- but that comes with a caveat.

    I play on console, so that's a hindrance in itself with certain killers. I almost never play Nurse and am not good with her, and I pretty much never play Spirit, Blight, or Oni (who I consider all higher-tier). Most of my killer rounds revolve around mid-to-lower tier killers, Pig my primary one. I do play a decent bit of Doctor, Wraith, Freddy, Trapper, and Myers. Practicing with others (like Demo and Huntress) to try and have more variety.

    At Rank 1 last night, this was pretty much the experience. Wanted to try a "fun" experimental Wraith build, revolving around Dark Devotion, Furtive Chase, and the The Beast - Soot add-on (which has the Wraith have a TR even when cloaked). The idea was a build where I might completely confuse the survivors, having a TR when I shouldn't but somehow not having one when I wasn't. Would it work? I at least wanted to try something that wasn't "meta" and have a little fun -- no slowdown perks in this build!

    Three matches of that, and I'd had enough. One match, the survivors had all 5 gens done in less than 4 minutes (a team with toolboxes and BNP's that literally started out on three-to-four separate gens). A second match didn't go a lot better, and the third featured more of the same, with a map offering for The Game and teabagging galore after playing "Pallet Breaking Simulator". So much for having fun -- if it wasn't for a quick wait in the lobby, it would have been miserable,

    So -- back to the same old, same old. Played Hag with slowdown perks and got a random Midwich offering which I imagine was a miserable experience for the survivors and slaughtered the group. Ruin and Undying and double Calm-Add-ons for a Doctor round, Ruin/Undying for a Pig round on the Temple where I had to play around a key and hatch offering, and the same old Trapper build I run (Corrupt, STBFL, Sloppy, and Pop) that ended with me slugging down 4 people with 1 gen left after multiple people stepped on traps near the main building on Red Forest.

    Did I have fun in those games? Far more than I did the Wraith games I tried to be cute and play a "fun" build, but they were definitely more "sweaty". Experimentation at Red Rank isn't something a lot of people can afford to do. I do have fun playing killer, but it's when I'm not deviating from the same, powerful builds (or stagnant builds tailored for certain killers), because I know the survivors I'm going against, far more often than not, are running the very best "meta" perks that they can as well, and they're not going to be giving me time to breathe (nor do I expect them to).

    That's not EVERY match, obviously -- I get the occasional survivors who want to meme with me as Piggie, and the occasional 4-solo team that's not well coordinated, or SWF groups that are being carried by that fact and who don't play optimally. But Red Rank killer is more stressful by far than playing Red Rank at survivor (which I do, both as a solo and as part of a SWF). It still is fun, but the frustration level -- especially when trying to practice a new killer or one that you need work with -- can be off the charts more often than not.

    Again, your experience will vary. You might be a Rank 1 killer who 4K's playing nothing but Monstrous Shrine, and -- well -- great for you, but that I'd argue is not the norm. I play a lot of hours a week (probably close to 15+ on both sides), so my games do run the gamut. Hence, it's still "fun" for me, though I'd love for the game to allow me at that Rank to try new builds or different things without expecting games to be over with before I even get a chance to see how those new things are going to work. That would be more fun, but it's not really a great option (for me, at least), with most of the teams I end up against (who simply need to be mildly competent to put all kinds of pressure on a killer running a meme build).

  • Maybe play Survivor for a while. Or play something else.....like Civilization for a refreshing change.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    I don't think survivor perks being overpowered is the issue. I think it's just poorly designed killer powers that lack utility in a chase.

    The biggest problem is the fact that, tunneling ds survivors, with gen regression perks, is just better than hooking multiple survivors.

    This because, supposing that with ds you gotta win 4 survivor chases at max, it's still better than chasing only 2 survivors during the entire match. This because:

    1 The survivor dead on hook can just hide for the rest of the match unless it's really necessary.

    2 You still need 5 full chases instead of just waiting 12 seconds of borrowed time and have the survivor always injured

    3 If you do 5 full chases to then kill a survivor, you have 10 health states to get.

    If only tunneling, you have 2 first chase + 1 second chase off the hook + 1 third chase after getting ds'ed + 1 last chase after waiting for borrowed time.

    4 health states instead of 10. No reason not to tunnel to get a kill unless they purposely ######### up/yoU're in a specific situation


  • @MrPeanutbutter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/271049/its-2021-and-killer-still-isnt-fun

    Yes, I play killer probably 60-70% of the time and I feel this way as well. I’ve been playing a lot less frequently lately because of how sweaty and stressful most games are, especially against coordinated SWF teams. If you don’t get a down quickly in your first chase, 3 gens pop and it’s basically already game over. It’s just not enjoyable at all. I haven’t read through all the comments but I’m sure there will be plenty of survivors telling killer mains to stop complaining, git gut, etc. when many of them have never played killer at higher ranks. Hope they enjoy long queue times or playing against bots because more and more killers are going to reduce their play time or quit altogether if some of the balance issues don’t get addressed

    My most enjoyable games have against skilled survivors that are not in a coordinated SWF (I.e. the way the game was designed to be played). Playing against solo potatoes and stomping them is just as unfun as getting stomped by a good SWF. The main problem is SWF at high ranks as most killers stand zero chance

    Some of my best matches were actually Kill Your Friends. I agree with all your words sir, very well said.

  • @ChiSoxFan11 said:

    I play 50/50 (give or take) survivor/killer. I've been Rank 1 multiple times at the latter. Is it fun playing killer at Red Rank? Yes -- but that comes with a caveat.

    I play on console, so that's a hindrance in itself with certain killers. I almost never play Nurse and am not good with her, and I pretty much never play Spirit, Blight, or Oni (who I consider all higher-tier). Most of my killer rounds revolve around mid-to-lower tier killers, Pig my primary one. I do play a decent bit of Doctor, Wraith, Freddy, Trapper, and Myers. Practicing with others (like Demo and Huntress) to try and have more variety.

    At Rank 1 last night, this was pretty much the experience. Wanted to try a "fun" experimental Wraith build, revolving around Dark Devotion, Furtive Chase, and the The Beast - Soot add-on (which has the Wraith have a TR even when cloaked). The idea was a build where I might completely confuse the survivors, having a TR when I shouldn't but somehow not having one when I wasn't. Would it work? I at least wanted to try something that wasn't "meta" and have a little fun -- no slowdown perks in this build!

    Three matches of that, and I'd had enough. One match, the survivors had all 5 gens done in less than 4 minutes (a team with toolboxes and BNP's that literally started out on three-to-four separate gens). A second match didn't go a lot better, and the third featured more of the same, with a map offering for The Game and teabagging galore after playing "Pallet Breaking Simulator". So much for having fun -- if it wasn't for a quick wait in the lobby, it would have been miserable,

    So -- back to the same old, same old. Played Hag with slowdown perks and got a random Midwich offering which I imagine was a miserable experience for the survivors and slaughtered the group. Ruin and Undying and double Calm-Add-ons for a Doctor round, Ruin/Undying for a Pig round on the Temple where I had to play around a key and hatch offering, and the same old Trapper build I run (Corrupt, STBFL, Sloppy, and Pop) that ended with me slugging down 4 people with 1 gen left after multiple people stepped on traps near the main building on Red Forest.

    Did I have fun in those games? Far more than I did the Wraith games I tried to be cute and play a "fun" build, but they were definitely more "sweaty". Experimentation at Red Rank isn't something a lot of people can afford to do. I do have fun playing killer, but it's when I'm not deviating from the same, powerful builds (or stagnant builds tailored for certain killers), because I know the survivors I'm going against, far more often than not, are running the very best "meta" perks that they can as well, and they're not going to be giving me time to breathe (nor do I expect them to).

    That's not EVERY match, obviously -- I get the occasional survivors who want to meme with me as Piggie, and the occasional 4-solo team that's not well coordinated, or SWF groups that are being carried by that fact and who don't play optimally. But Red Rank killer is more stressful by far than playing Red Rank at survivor (which I do, both as a solo and as part of a SWF). It still is fun, but the frustration level -- especially when trying to practice a new killer or one that you need work with -- can be off the charts more often than not.

    Again, your experience will vary. You might be a Rank 1 killer who 4K's playing nothing but Monstrous Shrine, and -- well -- great for you, but that I'd argue is not the norm. I play a lot of hours a week (probably close to 15+ on both sides), so my games do run the gamut. Hence, it's still "fun" for me, though I'd love for the game to allow me at that Rank to try new builds or different things without expecting games to be over with before I even get a chance to see how those new things are going to work. That would be more fun, but it's not really a great option (for me, at least), with most of the teams I end up against (who simply need to be mildly competent to put all kinds of pressure on a killer running a meme build).

    Yeah i noticed something similar. Completely stopped using slowdown perks and simply testing other perk combos.

    • Huntress on Swamp: noticed how the survivors had a lower skill rating, so after hooking them twice, i just proceeded to slug them and moved on. Since i wanted them to have a fun match and let them escape. 1 bleed out, while i was on the other end of the map. End screen "hahaha get rekt" "noob killer" "gg eeeeeezzz"
    • Huntress on cornfield map: gen rush and the survivors were so busy running out, that they forgot one of their teammates. (no NOED, no BW) Yet they were scared to try a rescue for an abandoned hook.
    • Bubba on Midwich: gen rushing streamers. Hooked the streamer in the basement while the gates were powered. Instead of securing the kill (why bother?) i left and went for someone else. 4 man escape, "gg ez" from the streamer who had 10k points in the endgame screen.

    But when i go full "tryhard" and make sure to kill? I get "-rep tunneling noob camper" messages on my profile, even when they died with 14k points during the EGC.

    I used to play survivor/killer like 50/50. But now i find myself mainly playing survivor (80/20) simply because there is absolutely no incentive for playing killer. Not even points wise.

  • What if i said, i've escaped with a no mither build?

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2416552#Comment_2416552

    Yeah i noticed something similar. Completely stopped using slowdown perks and simply testing other perk combos.

    • Huntress on Swamp: noticed how the survivors had a lower skill rating, so after hooking them twice, i just proceeded to slug them and moved on. Since i wanted them to have a fun match and let them escape. 1 bleed out, while i was on the other end of the map. End screen "hahaha get rekt" "noob killer" "gg eeeeeezzz"
    • Huntress on cornfield map: gen rush and the survivors were so busy running out, that they forgot one of their teammates. (no NOED, no BW) Yet they were scared to try a rescue for an abandoned hook.
    • Bubba on Midwich: gen rushing streamers. Hooked the streamer in the basement while the gates were powered. Instead of securing the kill (why bother?) i left and went for someone else. 4 man escape, "gg ez" from the streamer who had 10k points in the endgame screen.

    But when i go full "tryhard" and make sure to kill? I get "-rep tunneling noob camper" messages on my profile, even when they died with 14k points during the EGC.

    I used to play survivor/killer like 50/50. But now i find myself mainly playing survivor (80/20) simply because there is absolutely no incentive for playing killer. Not even points wise.

    ANy survivor is gonna get mad if you go out of your way to 4k, i don't get it either. After you dealt with loopathons

  • @SasukeKun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2419075#Comment_2419075

    ANy survivor is gonna get mad if you go out of your way to 4k, i don't get it either. After you dealt with loopathons

    Why would the survivor get mad at it? Its a pvp game after all. Or would you get mad for getting killed in CoD?

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2422469#Comment_2422469

    Why would the survivor get mad at it? Its a pvp game after all. Or would you get mad for getting killed in CoD?

    Well, it depends on the kill i was agreeing with you though.

  • You mentioned how no mither exists, you can also combine it with other perks like spine chill and resilience and dead hard/ds. It's pretty gross if you can manage to pull it off. I've done it a few times. So you saying no mither is the worst perk is kinda meh imo

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2428183#Comment_2428183

    As aforementioned, I don't care. Please stop tagging me in this thread.

    Then why did you comment to begin with? I'm not gonna not reply e.e

  • No mither? Shall i list the killer perks that see very low to no use because they suck? OKay

    1. Monstrous Shrine: Waste of a perk slot unless you're doing a toxic basement build which is again toxic in itself. No general use
    2. Blood Warden: Please, it could last 100 seconds and nobody is gonna stay to find out.
    3. Dragons Grip: They hit the gen, scream and run and hide before you even come back.
    4. Deathbound: It's idea is good but what real use does that have if you look around for the killer? Oblivious is a joke debuff
    5. ANY GOD GIVEN HEX PERK other than Haunted Ground
    6. Furtive Chase: no real use, doesn't alter chases much at all
    7. Oppression: weak, easy to hit skill check with no regression progress if you miss it.
    8. I'm All Ears: who the hell uses that
    9. Surge: Surge would be great if it was more than the sad sack 8% you get, same with Eruption
    10. Cruel Limits: Useless
    11. Corrupt Intervention: Hide until it's over or do other gens
    12. Dead Man's Switch: Useless to hard to activate to use properly in fast matches
    13. Spies from the shadows: Never found a use ever for it
    14. Zanshin Tactics: Useless
    15. Surveillance: Good to watch but needs another gen perk
    16. Whispers: works a handful of times to find last surv
    17. Trail Of Torment: can be turned off with a click of kicked gen
    18. Hysteria: they couldn't even make it any time someone's injured every 40 seconds, we get the crap its at
    19. Mad Grit: You'd be better off taking agitation
    20. No Way out: crap, not enough holding time, should be proximity based or something
    21. Remember me: nerfed to crap and a waste of a perk slot
    22. POP: Nerfed from 60 seconds to 45 seconds for no reason
    23. Lightborn: why?
    24. Predator: makes scratch makes harder to follow IMO
  • i am totally agree with u!! some killers like pig legion etc. they are like Hmmmmm??? Camping is only way they can do something.

  • @mrcdean97 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2426508#Comment_2426508

    Thats up for debate and true for a strong swf but in my years of experience I can't say I find survivors as more powerful.

    how can you not find survivors more powerful???!

  • Just play something else!!!

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Just play something else!!!

    I've come to far to stay silent, there's nothing wrong discussing imbalances on survivor side

  • @T103 said:

    Just accept that killer is the more stressful role. 1 killer vs 4 survivors of course it’s going to be stressful.

    It's OVER stressful to the point where things are unfair between the 2 roles.


    heres a point someone made about ranged killers.

    "This is why i tire of ranged killers. You get some crazy oppressive weapon you can chuck over loops, but you move at the speed of a crippled war vet. Whats the point of even doing well at loops when i can't even make it to gens half the time."

  • @Snowbawlzzz said:

    Are we talking actually overpowered survivor perks? Cause that's like 2 perks

    I think by "overpowered perks" you mean tiny grievances that you blame your losses on

    Right okay, 2 perks lool

  • I mean what about perks like empathy where if you see someone running and throwing pallets, you can kinda track the killer.

    There's sabo builds and Adrenaline

  • @SasukeKun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2465603#Comment_2465603

    I mean what about perks like empathy where if you see someone running and throwing pallets, you can kinda track the killer.

    There's sabo builds and Adrenaline

    Empathy doesn't give you any more information than being in a group

  • @SasukeKun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2465603#Comment_2465603

    I mean what about perks like empathy where if you see someone running and throwing pallets, you can kinda track the killer.

    There's sabo builds and Adrenaline

    If you have a problem with sabo build, straight up get good


    They're sacrificing god-tier meta perks for a meme build

  • @Snowbawlzzz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2465608#Comment_2465608

    Empathy doesn't give you any more information than being in a group

    what do you mean, have you used it before? you can clearly tell when someone's getting chased and it works in your advantage

  • @ukenicky said:

    Lately I've been having more fun as killer because all my matches as survivor involve being camped and tunneled to death.

    Thankfully I don't have to worry about either of these things when I'm playing as killer 🙂

    It’s weird I’m the same, been really enjoying killer recently can’t stand surviour it’s a sweatfest or idiot team mates or just being camped when gens pop because the killer decied to chase you and no1 else like there a brain dead zombie

  • @SasukeKun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2465627#Comment_2465627

    what do you mean, have you used it before? you can clearly tell when someone's getting chased and it works in your advantage

    yeah, just like when you're in an SWF and your friend can straight-up tell you he's in a chase


    Empathy is no more powerful than inviting a buddy

  • Not overpowered perks, but Survivor perks that have no counterplay. You can't counter "Does this survivor have DS or not?" "Does this survivor have Unbreakable?" "Does this survivor have Dead Hard, Sprint Burst, or Lithe?" "Do these survivors have Prove Thyself?" "Which one has Prove Thyself so I know to isolate them?" "Does this survivor have BT?" "Does this survivor have Soul Guard?"

    Playing Killer isn't fun, because they have no information, and are guessing more than half the time while at the same time requiring a lot of skill to play.

  • @SasukeKun said:

    killer was fun at the beginning, now it's just a sweatfest, all the time. It's really so aggravating that The devs in this game are so ignorant to what goes on when you're a high ranking killer.

    There's too many overpowered survivor perks compared to killer perks, Some killer perk benefits are so horrible it's laugh worthy, they make you work so hard for the tiniest reward when you look at it.

    Maybe if they actually balance out the way killer plays and adjust the maps so every chase isnt a loopathon, and get rid of bloodlust, it's just not fun gameplay for what it's supposed to be. I'm tired of playing spirit or some other killer that's strong, they don't actually take a look at why theres a small list of killers viaable in high ranks, it's cuz most suck eggs compared.

    It mainly comes down to killers with weak map pressure being made, and maps that are bigger and not the best to play on as m1 killers. Survivors don't really have OP perks, and killers don't really have OP perks either. I've been playing wraith way more and it is all about knowing your killer's strength. Chase killers won't be good at map pressure, so make sure you can end chases fast, and defend a small area. You don't always need to play super-strong killers to win. Rank 1 games are not always sweat fests every single time. Also, there are just as many bad survivor perks as there is bad killer perks, but I'd argue killer has much more perks that are usable than survivor does.

  • @SasukeKun said:

    killer was fun at the beginning, now it's just a sweatfest, all the time. It's really so aggravating that The devs in this game are so ignorant to what goes on when you're a high ranking killer.

    There's too many overpowered survivor perks compared to killer perks, Some killer perk benefits are so horrible it's laugh worthy, they make you work so hard for the tiniest reward when you look at it.

    Maybe if they actually balance out the way killer plays and adjust the maps so every chase isnt a loopathon, and get rid of bloodlust, it's just not fun gameplay for what it's supposed to be. I'm tired of playing spirit or some other killer that's strong, they don't actually take a look at why theres a small list of killers viaable in high ranks, it's cuz most suck eggs compared.

    There's a lot of perks that are good for Survivors and Killers

    Survivors got DS, Unbreakable, Dead Hard, BT, Adrenaline, etc. Killers got Ruin, Pop, Tinker, Noed, Corrupt, etc.

    Each killer can perform very well in Red ranks even the weaker ones sure they may have more of a harder time but, they can definitely get the job done. Take Myers for example he's not that good overall has he's only an m1 killer however one good use of tier 3 can get you a nice comeback.

  • @Ludicris said:

    Not overpowered perks, but Survivor perks that have no counterplay. You can't counter "Does this survivor have DS or not?" "Does this survivor have Unbreakable?" "Does this survivor have Dead Hard, Sprint Burst, or Lithe?" "Do these survivors have Prove Thyself?" "Which one has Prove Thyself so I know to isolate them?" "Does this survivor have BT?" "Does this survivor have Soul Guard?"

    Playing Killer isn't fun, because they have no information, and are guessing more than half the time while at the same time requiring a lot of skill to play.

    Ontop of that gen speeds are ridiculous and you can't even think about what you're gonna do next, that objective is trash too and needs an update. I'm pretty sure everyone would cartwheel if they gave us anything other than gens to do.

  • @SasukeKun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2466495#Comment_2466495

    Ontop of that gen speeds are ridiculous and you can't even think about what you're gonna do next, that objective is trash too and needs an update. I'm pretty sure everyone would cartwheel if they gave us anything other than gens to do.

    In most matches, and I mean really most matches, the current objective cannot be done. Imagine the killrates if survivors had to do 5 gens, totems, save survivors, and then yet another new objective. Killer only has to do one objective and it is usually an easy one.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2467242#Comment_2467242

    In most matches, and I mean really most matches, the current objective cannot be done. Imagine the killrates if survivors had to do 5 gens, totems, save survivors, and then yet another new objective. Killer only has to do one objective and it is usually an easy one.

    New Objective as in probably where we wouldn't do gens in that trial. Different types of Trials each time would be awesome

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2408293#Comment_2408293

    Maybe so but i wasn't seriously attempting to name a weak survivor perk. To be honest, I lost interest in this thread when OP turned it from a valid complaint about the game into a who-has-it-worse-Olympics. I probably should have used a tone indicator, sorry! /nm

    Overall from the beginning too you said it's also due to poorly designed killer powers that lack utility in a chase,

    ..So you agree that some of the killer power designs are horrible?

  • It's not fun to play with toxic swf, but with survivors randoms of course it's even more fun than being a survivor even if you lose.

  • @bibibib8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2408295#Comment_2408295

    The downside of no mither is nothing compare to be able to pick yourself up. Some player know exactly where to go down because they know certain area are bug and the killer cant pick them up just like when we had the breakdown bug no mither was in a lot of game during that time. The sad thing is you need bug to exploit the perk

    If any Killer let's a No Mither user pick themselves up, that's on the Killer. You know it from the start of the trail.

  • Do what I do. Smoke a blunt. Take a shot every match. Then bully, and be bullied. Use whatever add ons and offerings that make you win. Get some hate mail. Be toxic. 😂

  • @bobateo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2408306#Comment_2408306

    If any Killer let's a No Mither user pick themselves up, that's on the Killer. You know it from the start of the trail.

    I feel like with that one it could change into a super strong perk. There's just too many killer perks that need to be buffed or changed

  • We need AI killer.

  • @SasukeKun said:

    killer was fun at the beginning, now it's just a sweatfest, all the time. It's really so aggravating that The devs in this game are so ignorant to what goes on when you're a high ranking killer.

    There's too many overpowered survivor perks compared to killer perks, Some killer perk benefits are so horrible it's laugh worthy, they make you work so hard for the tiniest reward when you look at it.

    Maybe if they actually balance out the way killer plays and adjust the maps so every chase isnt a loopathon, and get rid of bloodlust, it's just not fun gameplay for what it's supposed to be. I'm tired of playing spirit or some other killer that's strong, they don't actually take a look at why theres a small list of killers viaable in high ranks, it's cuz most suck eggs compared.

    If you struggle against red ranks survivors, you are just playing way above your level considering that :

    • 95% of the trials are NOT swf
    • 99% of red ranks survivors are total potatoes

    Problem is your side. I can go from rank 20 to rank 1 as a killer without loosing more than 5 trials...

  • @JohnWeak said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/271049/its-2021-and-killer-still-isnt-fun

    If you struggle against red ranks survivors, you are just playing way above your level considering that :

    • 95% of the trials are NOT swf
    • 99% of red ranks survivors are total potatoes

    Problem is your side. I can go from rank 20 to rank 1 as a killer without loosing more than 5 trials...

    So you can beat any swf group that comes your way then? Even the 4 stacks of dead hard, wall sliding teams?

  • Okay so recently i didnt play dbd for like 3-4 weeks and i was really into some older pc games which took my whole time. I start playing dbd again yesterday and its like TUNNELING has gone up way higher. Im even seeing killers just stray around hooks when theres only 2-3 people left in the game with multiple gens still up. Not leaving at all.


    Not anything new from before, but its been like this almost every game since yesterday...........

  • maybe killer just isnt for you

  • @bluedusef said:

    Okay so recently i didnt play dbd for like 3-4 weeks and i was really into some older pc games which took my whole time. I start playing dbd again yesterday and its like TUNNELING has gone up way higher. Im even seeing killers just stray around hooks when theres only 2-3 people left in the game with multiple gens still up. Not leaving at all.

    Not anything new from before, but its been like this almost every game since yesterday...........

    That's definitely sounding like it's in higher ranks though, and explainable lol. They argue that camping is an actual tactic which is kinda is but it really hinders you more than before. Sometimes it's deadly if they are too altruistic

1 2 3 4