It's 2021 and killer still isn't fun

killer was fun at the beginning, now it's just a sweatfest, all the time. It's really so aggravating that The devs in this game are so ignorant to what goes on when you're a high ranking killer.

There's too many overpowered survivor perks compared to killer perks, Some killer perk benefits are so horrible it's laugh worthy, they make you work so hard for the tiniest reward when you look at it.

Maybe if they actually balance out the way killer plays and adjust the maps so every chase isnt a loopathon, and get rid of bloodlust, it's just not fun gameplay for what it's supposed to be. I'm tired of playing spirit or some other killer that's strong, they don't actually take a look at why theres a small list of killers viaable in high ranks, it's cuz most suck eggs compared.

Comments

  • I wouldn't say it's not Fun because killer is the Fun role. It's just that it feels like too much work and little reward most of the time. Survivors need less input to get more rewards. 1 Survivor doing a gen solo means there's 1 less gen for everyone else to do. The other 3 people have less that is required of them. Meanwhile 1 hook for a killer doesn't mean much when he should be pushing for 12...It's a simple VS about numbers. 5 gens vs 12 hooks. Time to do 1 gen VS time to get 1 hook.

  • @SasukeKun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2410753#Comment_2410753

    Thanks but talking about imbalances and being burnt out of a game are two different things, next.

    People burn out because of the imbalances.

  • Can't even play as killer on xbox everytime survivors do a action my game freezes for a solid 2 to 3 seconds does this for my friends as well only does it as a survivor when I get hit by the killer is worse when people are looping around me as a killer can't do anything game is just lagging.

  • @SasukeKun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2410880#Comment_2410880

    Congratulations you named the 4 meta perks that are still good despite the handful of crap ones killers have. Tinkerer also isn't that great, Corrupt you can easily wait out, Ruin can be turned off in 30 seconds. Pop is the only real GOOD perk and even that got nerfed from 60 seconds to 45 seconds hold

    Yeah solo queue players can definitely coordinate waiting on corrupt, my god how silly are some of the things people say on here. Survivors also have dozens of bad perks, it’s not mutual to one side.

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2410948#Comment_2410948

    Yeah solo queue players can definitely coordinate waiting on corrupt, my god how silly are some of the things people say on here. Survivors also have dozens of bad perks, it’s not mutual to one side.

    Are you a high ranking killer? I'd take your word a little more seriously

  • @BabuDweet said:

    Honestly I get what you mean but to say that killer isn't the fun in the slightest is a bit of an exaggeration in my personal opinion.

    I play both sides pretty equally with overall close to 3k hours and 2.4k hours on my main account so trust me when I say I play the game plenty and play alotttttt of killer since I main huntress(on console rip lol).

    Killer is fun, it isn't always sweaty honestly, when you come across optimal survivors whether it's a swf or not then yeah you have to play a bit more sweaty but also you're choosing to sweat if you play to 4k, that's just my personal opinion. Of course there are periods it is constantly sweaty but I suggest you take a break then come back to it, I take breaks regularly from dbd since it's just one of those games that can hinder your fun and love for it after constant playing.

    Now when it comes to perks, I really do not get why people complain about either sides perks like it's in the game and that's that, get over it lol. Do I love a killer with noed or a survivor with sprint burst etc..? No I don't but sitting there and complaining is just dumb, it is what it is.

    Moral of it all is that there is immense frustrations on both sides, as a survivor you can face so much frustration too even though I do agree that survivor can be more accommodated by the core mechanics in this game. Killers might have to sweat to get a result they are happy with, but like survivors have to deal with camping and tunnelling for killers to achieve this which is not fun for them at all.

    Both sides have it rough at times whether there is balancing issues or not.

    What rank are you? I'm glad you're atleast having fun lately

  • @SasukeKun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2411017#Comment_2411017

    Are you a high ranking killer? I'd take your word a little more seriously

    Mained both killer & survivor at red rank so yes

  • Killer is fun and it's easy to win as Killer. The biggest problem with playing Killer is how stressful it can be, especially if you face a seal squad SWF.

  • I might right now, the past doesn't mean anything. Perks are different now, maps are different, Things get tweaked.

  • @Troman said:

    Killer is fun and it's easy to win as Killer. The biggest problem with playing Killer is how stressful it can be, especially if you face a seal squad SWF.

    You said both in one sentence which is it

  • @SasukeKun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2411028#Comment_2411028

    I might right now, the past doesn't mean anything. Perks are different now, maps are different, Things get tweaked.

    Yes, right now. The meta hasn’t changed at all this year other than the DS nerf though

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2411053#Comment_2411053

    Yes, right now. The meta hasn’t changed at all this year other than the DS nerf though

    Which is sad because so many survivors still use DS when there's so many other strong perks.

  • @SasukeKun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2411062#Comment_2411062

    Which is sad because so many survivors still use DS when there's so many other strong perks.

    hardly ever see it

  • How is dealing with stress all the time fun on a video game? think about that

  • That's a bold faced lie because i see it like every round, to every other round. You're playing a different game man lol or you're not Red Ranks

  • the responder wasn't even disagreeing with you... he was stating that some killer powers are weaker or that killer powers shouldn't need to depend on perks in order to catch a survivor.

  • @SasukeKun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2411069#Comment_2411069

    How is dealing with stress all the time fun on a video game? think about that

    I was too optimistic about my suggestion to think about it. How about you read carefully what I wrote first.

  • Killer is more stressful since you are alone against 4, but i also think many here have way to high expectations. Usually as killer, i and probably most here 3 or 4K the majority of rounds. So when you dont get the 4K or gens go faster then expected, relax a little bit. I really dont think devs can make this game more relaxing for killer mains as it is right now. If oyu are not on the VERY top level and play SWF all the time, survivors wont stand a chance otherwise.

    In reality, killer is only stressful because we let it happen to us. Enjoy the game and if you loose from time to time, take it easy.

  • @SasukeKun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2411080#Comment_2411080

    That's a bold faced lie because i see it like every round, to every other round. You're playing a different game man lol or you're not Red Ranks

    I exclusively play at red ranks, it’s not common at all compared to other perks. Do you call everyone who has a different experience to you a liar?

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2411083#Comment_2411083

    I exclusively play at red ranks, it’s not common at all compared to other perks. Do you call everyone who has a different experience to you a liar?

    When they are specifically saying they "never see DS" when there's so much fuss and talk and use and abuse over it? Yeah imma call bs

  • @SasukeKun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2411104#Comment_2411104

    When they are specifically saying they "never see DS" when there's so much fuss and talk and use and abuse over it? Yeah imma call bs

    DS literally can’t be abused, it only activates when being tunnelled now.

  • @WexlerWendigo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2411107#Comment_2411107

    DS literally can’t be abused, it only activates when being tunnelled now.

    Talking about overall, it got recently changed yes. People still use it today though, there was all that talk about it being abused thats the whole reason it was changed in the first place, so idk where you been

  • @SasukeKun said:

    killer was fun at the beginning, now it's just a sweatfest, all the time. It's really so aggravating that The devs in this game are so ignorant to what goes on when you're a high ranking killer.

    There's too many overpowered survivor perks compared to killer perks, Some killer perk benefits are so horrible it's laugh worthy, they make you work so hard for the tiniest reward when you look at it.

    Maybe if they actually balance out the way killer plays and adjust the maps so every chase isnt a loopathon, and get rid of bloodlust, it's just not fun gameplay for what it's supposed to be. I'm tired of playing spirit or some other killer that's strong, they don't actually take a look at why theres a small list of killers viaable in high ranks, it's cuz most suck eggs compared.

    Killer is never going to be fun with the mindset most killer mains have. Its meant to be stressful and hard work. The game is incredibly more balanced than ever before and it still is stressful to play killer. Why? Its 1v4 you want to take the game overly serious stress is the consequence

  • fun is subjective and ı don't think people are palying spirit or any other killer over and over for forever i keep getting diffrent killers in these days mostly wraith due to his buff and his being easy and acording to me playing agianst a wraith is the the most boring thing in the game i would prefer playing against spirit ı just doN't want a killer that has no punishment on its mistakes

  • @FFirebrandd said:

    I mean... I'm having fun and have for a while.

    What helps a ton is finding a Killer and Perk load out that really clicks with you. That said, if you aren't having fun, no shame in leaving behind a game you don't find fun anymore.

    Finally, someone who is speaking my language. That's the point I've been trying to make on several occasions.

    The outcome of a match doesn't depend on the perks either the killer's or survivors bring, it contributes to it, the outcome of a trial depends on the competency of both sides.


    A Killer isn't bad or good because of certain perks, the same goes for survivors. A killer and survivor are as good as the gamer behind him them.

  • @SasukeKun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2411069#Comment_2411069

    How is dealing with stress all the time fun on a video game? think about that

    Stress can definitely be fun in the right amount. The build up of stress (“am I going to win? Am I going to catch this survivor?”) and then the relief and satisfaction of winning feels pretty good. It’s kind of like riding a rollercoaster.

    If you don’t want to feel stress when gaming then I don’t think killer is the role for you tbh. It’s baked into the gameplay. You’re one person who has to juggle and play around four other people. The only way that could be made not stressful at all is if you were basically guaranteed to win every time, and then it would just be boring. If there’s no fear of losing then what’s the point of playing a PvP game? You might as well just play against the tutorial bots.

  • @VanitasRyuzaki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2408252#Comment_2408252

    Finally, someone who is speaking my language. That's the point I've been trying to make on several occasions.

    The outcome of a match doesn't depend on the perks either the killer's or survivors bring, it contributes to it, the outcome of a trial depends on the competency of both sides.

    A Killer isn't bad or good because of certain perks, the same goes for survivors. A killer and survivor are as good as the gamer behind him them.

    Not quite in this case but

  • Solo survivor is just as, or even more terrible than killer atm. At red ranks almost every game is Undying Ruin + insert any upper tier killer. It is a pain to deal with. Almost every killer plays the same as well. Slug, hard tunnel, proxy camp. Even when the survivors are obviously not that good. I understand killer is hard vs 4 competent players, but most games even at red ranks aren't vs competent teams.

  • @Axx said:

    Solo survivor is just as, or even more terrible than killer atm. At red ranks almost every game is Undying Ruin + insert any upper tier killer. It is a pain to deal with. Almost every killer plays the same as well. Slug, hard tunnel, proxy camp. Even when the survivors are obviously not that good. I understand killer is hard vs 4 competent players, but most games even at red ranks aren't vs competent teams.

    The solo survivor experience is being put into 2nd state first hook or just dying 1st hook because no one knows if soneone is unhooking

  • I am (most of the time) having fun playing killer.

    Sometimes if I choose a weaker killer (e.g. Trickster) it can get a bit frustrating, especially against red rank swfs who also bring a hatch offering and a last minute key.

  • @Axx said:

    Solo survivor is just as, or even more terrible than killer atm. At red ranks almost every game is Undying Ruin + insert any upper tier killer. It is a pain to deal with. Almost every killer plays the same as well. Slug, hard tunnel, proxy camp. Even when the survivors are obviously not that good. I understand killer is hard vs 4 competent players, but most games even at red ranks aren't vs competent teams.

    Like seriously. Just went vs a proxy camping tunneling Freddy. How is that fun to face?

  • @SasukeKun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2410867#Comment_2410867

    What rank are you? I'm glad you're atleast having fun lately

    Majority of the time I'm rank 1 on both sides. But I haven't been playing as much so I'm rank 3 killer atm and rank 1 surv.


    I hope you do start to have fun though!

  • @BabuDweet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2411025#Comment_2411025

    Majority of the time I'm rank 1 on both sides. But I haven't been playing as much so I'm rank 3 killer atm and rank 1 surv.

    I hope you do start to have fun though!

    Thank you, the most fun i get from killer lately is Nemesis

  • 99% of killer issues are just awfully large maps with tons of safe loops that let one survivor that is decent get 2-3 gens out of you. Some of the stronger killers just ignore loops or have mobility to break up the w key playstyle so it can be managed.

  • @TruEternity said:

    Anyone who thinks DBD was better, more fun version didn’t play much back in the day. Sure, people usually didn’t know as much, but when you did find people who wanted to sweat, no thank you. Killers have so much more at their disposal, and so much less problematic aspects to the game.

    Old DBD you could literally inf loop killers just by vaulting any room with 2 windows. No bloodlust no nothing

  • @LeFennecFox said:

    99% of killer issues are just awfully large maps with tons of safe loops that let one survivor that is decent get 2-3 gens out of you. Some of the stronger killers just ignore loops or have mobility to break up the w key playstyle so it can be managed.

    Yes this is a part of what i mean also, other killers just are on the back burner, unless you wanna hate the game trying to convince yourself it's balanced. It isn't

    That's why i don't like bloodlust, i hate loops, i wish they'd steer towards different map design that doesnt encourage going in a circle the whole time

  • Sometimes i wonder if we play the same game. 2021 never been easier specialy in chases.

  • Bro what? Contrary to your belief, "high ranks" does not equal to tournament level play. You do not HAVE to play spirit to win. Any killer is viable at any rank. I am not telling you that killer is easy, I'm just telling you that the game is not as much as surv sided as you actually think it is (again, tournament play excluded) even in rank 1. I personally think that any killer has a chance to win any squad on any map online with some outplays.(except for clown and legion, they suck lmfao). Yes, most killer perks are doodoo and you run the same perks every game(monstrous shrine omegalul), but most survivor perks are also garbage.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    I've been having fun at red ranks for a while so maybe it's a you problem

    Karu nobody seems to be playing the same dbd as you anyway so why bother lol

  • @SasukeKun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2408254#Comment_2408254

    Karu nobody seems to be playing the same dbd as you anyway so why bother lol

    Firstly, please use either the full version of my name (GoodBoyKaru) or shorten it to GBK.

    Secondly, that's really odd. Because last I checked I'm playing on version 5.1.0- same as everybody else- and I'm able to SWF with people as normal- which we all know is impossible as you'll get a version mismatch error.

    image.png

    I have people back up my experiences and I also seem to face enough players as both killer and survivor- different players, should clarify- in public lobbies to prove that I'm playing the same version of DBD as everyone else.

    I'm really sorry that you're bad enough at DBD that you feel the need to think that just because I don't think playing killer is equivalent to the 7th circle of hell I must not be playing the same video game as you, but allow me to point out that the only constant in your matches is you.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2412960#Comment_2412960

    Firstly, please use either the full version of my name (GoodBoyKaru) or shorten it to GBK.

    Secondly, that's really odd. Because last I checked I'm playing on version 5.1.0- same as everybody else- and I'm able to SWF with people as normal- which we all know is impossible as you'll get a version mismatch error.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/RMUMU5JR29Q6/image.png

    I have people back up my experiences and I also seem to face enough players as both killer and survivor- different players, should clarify- in public lobbies to prove that I'm playing the same version of DBD as everyone else.

    I'm really sorry that you're bad enough at DBD that you feel the need to think that just because I don't think playing killer is equivalent to the 7th circle of hell I must not be playing the same video game as you, but allow me to point out that the only constant in your matches is you.

    So sorry it wasn't clear with you, it just seems you always have something to say to try and dis credit someone else's experience so. moving on from your comment

  • @SasukeKun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2412976#Comment_2412976

    So sorry it wasn't clear with you, it just seems you always have something to say to try and dis credit someone else's experience so. moving on from your comment

    Alternatively, and do hear me out because I know this concept is challenging to grasp, but when you post about your experiences- on a public game forum, might I add- it's not entirely unheard of for people to post their experiences as well? And give their opinions on the experiences you shared.

    I admit it's not always the most enjoyable passtime but the majority of the time killer for me remains fun. For you, clearly not.

    I don't try to discredit others with my experiences- not usually, anyway- but instead attempted to offer a solution to the issue. Evidently this wasn't the clearest of comments I'd created, and so apologies for the confusion, however please note that discrediting you wasn't my intention- only trying to find a solution.

    Even if it was very passive aggressive. Sorry about that one.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2412960#Comment_2412960

    Firstly, please use either the full version of my name (GoodBoyKaru) or shorten it to GBK.

    Secondly, that's really odd. Because last I checked I'm playing on version 5.1.0- same as everybody else- and I'm able to SWF with people as normal- which we all know is impossible as you'll get a version mismatch error.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/RMUMU5JR29Q6/image.png

    I have people back up my experiences and I also seem to face enough players as both killer and survivor- different players, should clarify- in public lobbies to prove that I'm playing the same version of DBD as everyone else.

    I'm really sorry that you're bad enough at DBD that you feel the need to think that just because I don't think playing killer is equivalent to the 7th circle of hell I must not be playing the same video game as you, but allow me to point out that the only constant in your matches is you.

    also if other people like my comment that also means people back up what i also have to say believe it or not

  • @SasukeKun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2412976#Comment_2412976

    also if other people like my comment that also means people back up what i also have to say believe it or not

    Oddly enough this concept applies to me

    image.png

    So I guess people do play the same version of DBD as me, even if your original comment has more upvotes than mine (but if we want to talk upvotes should we mention ImmersedNurse?)

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2413003#Comment_2413003

    Oddly enough this concept applies to me

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/NIOSBY23QI83/image.png

    So I guess people do play the same version of DBD as me, even if your original comment has more upvotes than mine (but if we want to talk upvotes should we mention ImmersedNurse?)

    I know it also applies to you, Everyone has points it seems in this topic, mine is also worth reading im saying

  • @ImpressionableTeen said:

    Bro what? Contrary to your belief, "high ranks" does not equal to tournament level play. You do not HAVE to play spirit to win. Any killer is viable at any rank. I am not telling you that killer is easy, I'm just telling you that the game is not as much as surv sided as you actually think it is (again, tournament play excluded) even in rank 1. I personally think that any killer has a chance to win any squad on any map online with some outplays.(except for clown and legion, they suck lmfao). Yes, most killer perks are doodoo and you run the same perks every game(monstrous shrine omegalul), but most survivor perks are also garbage.

    I don't think you HAVE to play spirit to win, but she excels at chases thats why i think shes so strong

  • im truly shocked that running four regression isn't fun compared to chaser perks way back in 2017-2018. shocked, i tell you.

  • I am rank 1 killer and can say it is very difficult for killers. But the hardest thing to do is to do it yourself. I know that you want to have reached rank 1 once. After that, however, it should not matter whether you win or lose.

  • @Bravobro said:

    I am rank 1 killer and can say it is very difficult for killers. But the hardest thing to do is to do it yourself. I know that you want to have reached rank 1 once. After that, however, it should not matter whether you win or lose.

    Winning and losing don't matter as much as feeling like there was a CHANCE you could've won. When it's an outrageous blowout, that's not fun in the slightest.

1 2 3 4