What's a good executioner build?

I like asking the community about builds cause there's lots of great players in here. I just started playing him and he is a lot of fun!

Comments

  • Not trying to be an unpleasant person but honestly, just try stuff yourself, that is where the fun comes in, losing some matches because your builds turn out to not work (after giving it a good long shot, several days of it preferably) is fine, it does not matter one bit.

    You only GAIN bp, you dont lose any.

    Just try some stuff yourself and dont just copy what others do, tips etc are fine but pls try things yourself first, be you, dont be "insert other user here" nr 2.

  • I am a Pyramid Head main, I've sunk a good amount of time into him and these are what I would say to be the best build on Pyramid Head.

    • Ruin, Undying, Tinkerer, and Discordance, pretty much any gen regression in place of Ruin and Undying is good on him.
  • BBQ, pop, corrupt and Im all ears is good

    Or you can try ruin, undying, tinkerer and discordance if you are not a gen kicker

  • I like Im All Ears on him, maybe because im still bad with the executioner, but it helps.

  • @BioX said:

    Not trying to be an unpleasant person but honestly, just try stuff yourself, that is where the fun comes in, losing some matches because your builds turn out to not work (after giving it a good long shot, several days of it preferably) is fine, it does not matter one bit.

    You only GAIN bp, you dont lose any.

    Just try some stuff yourself and dont just copy what others do, tips etc are fine but pls try things yourself first, be you, dont be "insert other user here" nr 2.

    That's a good advice, I vote up you.


    But @TwitchyMike, if you really want some builds, first a "serious" one :

    Ruin/Undying/Tinkerer/Lethal Pursuer

    (If you don't like hexes :

    Lethal Pursuer/Pop/Corrupt/Thrilling Tremors)

    A fun one :

    BBQ/I'm All Ears/Keep The Best For Last/Corrupt

  • @BioX said:

    Not trying to be an unpleasant person but honestly, just try stuff yourself, that is where the fun comes in, losing some matches because your builds turn out to not work (after giving it a good long shot, several days of it preferably) is fine, it does not matter one bit.

    You only GAIN bp, you dont lose any.

    Just try some stuff yourself and dont just copy what others do, tips etc are fine but pls try things yourself first, be you, dont be "insert other user here" nr 2.

    that's a fair point. More so just looking for options.

  • Im all ears is fun and BBQ is bloodpoints

  • @Anara said:

    I like Im All Ears on him, maybe because im still bad with the executioner, but it helps.

    It's actually a pretty good perk. It lets you see someone who fast vaulted so you can try to get a shot off where you normally would have to guess.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2370554#Comment_2370554

    It's actually a pretty good perk. It lets you see someone who fast vaulted so you can try to get a shot off where you normally would have to guess.

    I know what the perk does, its good when you are a beginner like me with the executionner, but I think good players can play without it.

  • @my_name_jeff_69 said:

    I am a Pyramid Head main, I've sunk a good amount of time into him and these are what I would say to be the best build on Pyramid Head.

    • Ruin, Undying, Tinkerer, and Discordance, pretty much any gen regression in place of Ruin and Undying is good on him.

    That build works best for me too on him, it's really strong.

  • Anything really. He has the power to do something about loops without needing to be sniffing the survivors rear end like Nemesis, or be blocked by .... everything like Deathslinger, huntress and trickster. He only falls short in map pressure so that's all you need to focus on.

  • I'll just leave this here

    @GoodBoyKaru said:

    So a few attentive people may recognise this from a comment I made yesterday (technically it was 24 minutes into today but let's not talk semantics). A couple of people suggested I make it a real post because "That's an excellent guide, very well put together." So, here I am. I've added a few more things so it's still worth a read.

    This will cover what is, in my opinion, his best build and why, as well as a few tips on playing him & a few videos.

    So hey, it's me- GoodBoyKaru, your friendly neighbourhood Pyramid Head main- here to give some swift Tips and Tricks(tm) to help make you a better Pyramid Head player!

    For the record, this was made during DBD Patch 4.7.2

    Build

    PERKS

    My personal favourite and imho strongest build is this:

    • Corrupt Intervention

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/5A01IV8RME2M/image.png

    Crucial early-game slowdown on a killer without mobility, allows him to stall the game massively because survivors know that if they get found they're doomed.

    • Pop Goes The Weasel

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/FHA7ZFNAKVZY/image.png

    It's the second best gen regression perk in the game, Ruin is too volatile to be anywhere near reliable on him because, again, no movement speed, he needs gen perks because he cannot move around the map quick enough, 11/10. "But you don't hook pe-" WRONG. You should be getting plenty of value out of PGTW and if you're overcaging then you're taking your map pressure and throwing it out the window.

    • Barbeque and Chili

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/SC8THLXSY3RP/image.png

    Now, you could obviously put other perks here like Infectious Fright (amazing snowball), Tinkerer (Undetectable is nice and it helps tell you where to go but again no movement speed) or Discordance (amazing info, can sometimes do nothing about it). However I say BBQ because I like the perk and also because bloodpoints.

    • I'm All Ears

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/V90CSL0I44NO/image.png

    Hands down the best perk in the game for Pyramid Head, that's six seconds of wallhacks. I cannot stress how valuable this is with his power- that is a guaranteed free hit in 9/10 situations. To show what I mean, I've linked a timestamped video below of where IAE comes in so clutch- continues to 5:16 in the video.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJs4rvkppqs&t=296s

    (you can watch the whole thing if you really want I'm proud of the game).

    An honourable mention here goes to Ruin/Undying over Pop/Corrupt. As I've mentioned before, Tinkerer isn't a great perk on him due to his lack of speed, but the same goes for Ruin/Undying. You don't have the map mobility to defend your totems, especially if they spawn further away, and you'll probably end up losing two perks before 2 gens go. Corrupt/Pop is just more consistent in my experience.

    ADD-ONS

    So, his add-ons aren't great. The best ones, by far, are range add-ons which, when combined, extend his POTD by up to 2.5m (10.5m total). These are Burning Man Painting (Rare), Wax Doll (Uncommon), and Black Strap (Common), which ass +1.5m, +1m, and +0.5m respectively.

    tips

    Okay so rule number one is to not break pallets. Sounds weird but, just trust me.

    His power is incredibly strong in a chase- so much so that if a survivor commits to an animation they die. If you don't break pallets (with some exceptions like God pallets) you can do amazing things. Because who doesn't want more opportunities to win a chase, like, instantly? It turns incredibly safe pallets into death sentences

    To show what I mean, here's another timestamped clip. Ends at 10:58

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu3X5o9GpjY&t=646s

    Learn the range of the power. 8m is specific and sometimes you think you can hit things and you can't. You need to be very careful, especially when playing with range add-ons for so long, because it can and will screw with your perception.

    Adapt to the survivors you're facing. A lot of players will fake taking an animation, go to the side slightly to bait your POTD or your cancel, and then commit to the animation. If you turn to the side and release, you'll catch a lot of these survivors out and get a hit. It's really satisfying to do. Alternatively some survivors will commit to the animations regardless, in which case you'll know to aim in the centre. Other survivors will just hold W and pre-drop pallets, in which case you know to leave them because you'll really struggle catching up, or do not use your power.

    I cannot stress that enough. If a survivor is pre-dropping W key gaming, do not use your power. M1 killer them.

    Don't overcage and don't stress about torment. If a survivor loops you, they'll get tormented. That's just kinda how it works- you stick your knife in, follow them around a loop, and release your POTD after tracking their movements.

    To see what I mean we return to the first video, again timestamped. Clip ends at 1:36.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJs4rvkppqs&t=83s

    See how I hug the car, turn the camera and use the power to hit him out of animation lock? Had he kept running, easy torment too.

    In my opinion, only cage someone in one of four scenarios:

    • You're afraid of a DS (just please don't tunnel I'm begging you)
    • You're afraid of an Unbreakable (much more likely)
    • You can immidiately get into another chase
    • It would place you into a Pressure Point Of No Return (name pending).

    What I mean by that last point is that there comes a time in a DBD game where the killer will hit a Pressure Point Of No Return, where the survivors physically cannot come back from the amount of pressure and momentum you're building. The best example of this as Pyramid Head is where you split the map through cages. You have two downed survivors. Cage one, hook the other. Nobody is on a generator, you have a BBQ proc to interrupt the person saving the cage or the hook, and now the last person must save both people. On especially large maps, like Mother's Dwelling, or multi-storied ones, like Midwich, this can force people into second stage and you've won the game at 5 gens. It's more common than you'd think.

    If you cage at other times you're probably wasting pressure you could've gotten from a hook.

    Learn where you can and can't lay trails. In front of totems and lockers? Amazing. In front of a gen? Not at all, it becomes a Restricted Trail Element and disappears after a few seconds. The DBD Wiki has a section on this which I'll just paste below.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/2808XTGCLSHV/image.png

    I'd highly, highly suggest reading the wiki page on his power as it's really useful in understanding the fundamentals and giving actual values to words. Here it is:

    https://deadbydaylight.fandom.com/wiki/Pyramid_Head

    Finally, learn where you can and can't use POTD. It sounds like a simple thing but learning where you can and can't use it, however there's a lot to it. For example, learning how vertical changes affect it. Did you know if you release his power on a slope going up it'll fail, same with releasing it on a slope going down. However, if you're barely off of the slope it'll travel down it, but only if it isn't too steep.

    It's nuts but knowing where you can and can't actually have an ability is, funnily enough, pretty important.

    A few more quick-fire tips:

    • Don't just go for animation lock shots. People expect these and adapt. Be unpredictable to catch them off guard and get easy hits. Like this:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U1k10I-zG4&feature=emb_logo

    Bet they didn't expect that one :p

    Needless to say that was where I hit a Pressure Point Of No Return and poor Jakey couldn't pick up the scraps.

    • Don't spam his power. You waste too much time. Be precise, predict, and adapt to your opponents.
    • Don't spam his trails. You move at 110% and you already lack a movement ability, you waste too much time.
    • Tunneling isn't the best strategy. I know it seems like it because cages but again, you do not have a movement ability. Survivors can and will facefuck generators and ruin your day substantially.
    • Dead Dawg Saloon and Hawkins are both maps you never press M2 on ever. Play like a default M1 killer because the map design prevents you from using your power. They're pretty much auto-loss maps, ngl, unless the survivors really badly mess up.
    • Play survivor. Learn where survivors move and how they path, shoot POTD to hit them. That's what I did in that last clip.

    And, yeah, that's about it. If people have any questions please let me know and I'll try to answer them as best I can, though I think this is comprehensive enough.


  • @Anara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2370656#Comment_2370656

    I know what the perk does, its good when you are a beginner like me with the executionner, but I think good players can play without it.

    I like to consider myself as a really good PH player and I still use the perk. It's invaluable to see how survivors play when they're out of sight and you can change your plan on the fly from it

  • My personal build with him:

    - Shadowborn (don't use it, I am addicted to it)

    - Corrupt Intervention (early game slowdown)

    - BBQ (BP and tracking)

    - I'm all Ears (for easier shots trough walls)

    Pretty straight forward. Instead of Shadowborn, use Monitor and Abuse. The biggest counter to PH is holding W. With Monitor you have a smaller TR, alerting Survivors a bit later and giving them less distance, milding that counter a bit down, because once in a chase, he becomes a beast.

    The bigger TR while in chase also helps because it gives Survivors a false warning, they probably start running but in reality you are in a chase with someone else, creating passive pressure.

  • @my_name_jeff_69 said:

    I am a Pyramid Head main, I've sunk a good amount of time into him and these are what I would say to be the best build on Pyramid Head.

    • Ruin, Undying, Tinkerer, and Discordance, pretty much any gen regression in place of Ruin and Undying is good on him.

    Bud, this is the sheep build for every killer. Just free no effort regression cause you can't handle the pressure.

  • My personal build is Corrupt, BBQ, Monitor and Abuse and I'm All Ears. BBQ is mostly for points, I'd drop it for Tinkerer or Discordance if you want a serious build.

  • I use corrupt, ruin, pop on all my killers and the third one is your choice personally I use BBQ or bamboozle. If you miss your POTD at a strong window loop just close it off.

  • Sometimes he doesn't get the value of pop goes the weasel,BBQ information and his not being a m1 killer even makes sometimes surge doesn't work on him so I use ruin/undying/ı'm all ears/discordence

  • Monitor, Nurses, Franklins, NOED.

    Tunnel out first survivor, camp the second one and slug the rest with NOED. Take it or leave it.

  • For the memes?

    Third Seal + Undying + Trail of Torment + Retribution/I'm All Ears, Indoor map Offering.

    The strategy is to gradually apply Third Seal on of them and use Trail of Torment to go undetectable. They will have no idea when you got ToT active due to blindness. Retribution/I'm All Ears and Undying can help you hit unsuspecting survivors with an M2.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2370662#Comment_2370662

    I like to consider myself as a really good PH player and I still use the perk. It's invaluable to see how survivors play when they're out of sight and you can change your plan on the fly from it

    I agree, its a great perk itself and still good at high level. I just think there are "perk to go" to begin with a killer and I think Im All Ears is one of them for Pyramid. Its like a perk that help to learn.

    Even if its still useful for a good executionner player, I think there is others perks you can play with and you can still hit survivors without Im All Ears.

    Maybe its dumb but I like to think there is perks that help to learn and even if its still useful when you are good enough I like to say to myself "Now you can play without it !"

  • I like Agitation, Mad Grit, I'm All Ears and Starstruck.

    As soon as you pick up a survivor start swinging your weapon. It's funny.