I know hatch standoffs were bad design but...

Am I the only one that miss them a little bit? They were so funny to me sometimes, regardless which role I played.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I absolutely do not, though. The nostalgia won't leave when I read these posts.

    They're for the better though. It ends matches that can last forever.

  • I wasn’t around for them but it didn’t exactly look fun

  • How could you EVER miss hatch standoffs?

    They were beyond obnoxious

  • I'm gonna stand corrected by the very next comment, but still: YES, i bet that you are the only one.

  • ######### that.

    That was one of the worst things about Hatches.

  • Nope, you are not the only one :)

    Perhaps my opinions regarding Endgame are not as unpopular as I first thought.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    How could you EVER miss hatch standoffs?

    They were beyond obnoxious

    I don't know man lol. I found them funny at times like I said.

    @GeneralV said:

    Nope, you are not the only one :)

    Perhaps my opinions regarding Endgame are not as unpopular as I first thought.

    Don't get me wrong I still think egc was a change in right direction.

    I just had some good laughs back in the day and I miss that for some reason.

  • @Shaped said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2369044#Comment_2369044

    I don't know man lol. I found them funny at times like I said.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2369124#Comment_2369124

    Don't get me wrong I still think egc was a change in right direction.

    I just had some good laughs back in the day and I miss that for some reason.

    Ah well, fair enough. I absolutely despise the EGC and sincerely wish it got removed from the game.

    But hey, at least we kinda agree in here.

  • Were? That is my biggest problem with the game now, the outrageous hatch stand offs. I don't even know what was supposed to be a solution to the problem or how much worse it used to be, but I shudder at the thought.

  • They were funny but they were also problematic.

  • Hatch grabs never should've been taken away. That is one thing that should've remained.

  • Longest standoff i had was 2 hours.

    Seriously.



    But there also were pretty funny times. Back when i play with a friend, he had a hatch standoff against a wrath and it lasted like 40 minutes while i was still watching. I then started to message the killer to talk a bit to him and this resulted in me teasing him a bit with some pics of anime girls which then resulted in him wanting more.. We then made a nice deal and my mate escaped.

  • @Shaped said:

    Am I the only one that miss them a little bit? They were so funny to me sometimes, regardless which role I played.

    I'm pretty sure that anyone who actually values their time would say that they don't miss them. I once waited for like 10 minutes. That's on the EXTREMELY conservative end of things too, they have gone on far longer then that for other people. Hatch standoffs were inarguably a terrible thing for the game. I am curious about this though. Why'd you think they were funny?

  • @RoboMojo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/267008/i-know-hatch-standoffs-were-bad-design-but

    I'm pretty sure that anyone who actually values their time would say that they don't miss them. I once waited for like 10 minutes. That's on the EXTREMELY conservative end of things too, they have gone on far longer then that for other people. Hatch standoffs were inarguably a terrible thing for the game. I am curious about this though. Why'd you think they were funny?

    I dunno something about survivor and killer standing next to each other waiting for someone to make a first move was hilarious to me and mine never lasted too long.

    And yeah I already stated that egc was a good change. It is just that I miss experiencing it again. At least the hatch grabs.

  • I miss having training sessions with friends for catching the survivor mid jump and all the mind games you played with each other to set them up for it.

    It was fun but it was always gonna go, fun times.

  • @Boss said:

    I'm gonna stand corrected by the very next comment, but still: YES, i bet that you are the only one.

    If by "missing a little bit" he means the very few occasions where the survivor and killer were ballsy and tried baiting each other into looking away, then yeah. You could actually fake placing a trap and grab a survivor for example. You could stalk as a myers and walk into the survivor and still grab. You could do a few interesting plays that are no longer possible, and I do miss those plays sometimes.

    But I miss those plays just as much as I miss omega blink nurse or hiding in lockers after opening the gate. 99.999% of the time, they were unenjoyable and they are much, MUCH better to be out of the game.

  • I too miss Standing Simulator™️

  • If the standoff last for more than 5 minutes I always ended it either as survivor or killer. I've never been invested enough in a trial where I had to beat the hatch.

    However I will say grabbing people out of the hatch needs to come back. Taking that away wasn't cool, man.

  • They were horrible. Good riddance to them.

  • The longest stand off I had was about an hour. It was fun at the time but I could never go back. Being able close hatch still gives me goosebumps of pleasure ^^

  • What exactly do you all mean by hatch standoff? I started playing after they removed hatch grabs

  • @ukenicky said:

    What exactly do you all mean by hatch standoff? I started playing after they removed hatch grabs

    Back in the day, killers were unable to close the hatch, but they could grab a survivor mid-air if they tried to escape. This often created a situation where both sides were stuck on a standoff:

    -If the survivor jumps in the hatch, the killer will grab them.

    -If the killer hits the survivor, they will get stuck in the weapon animation and the survivor would escape.

    Therefore neither side made a move, and they just stared at each other until one of them decided to end the standoff. Unless you were a little bit creative:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9d1QqO-iM8

    Many people in the community disliked the standoffs because of the sheer amount of time it took for them to end. I personally liked it, and if they absolutely had to be removed I believe it should've been done in a different manner.

  • I remember a few standoffs but I usually relented, it wasn't that important to spend so much time just to escape or get a 4K. However the current system is not perfect, not a big fan of how often you can watch both gates from a hill. It makes it impossible for the survivor and a little too easy for the killer.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    I also do

    A most reasonable opinion, I might add.

    image.png


  • Hatch Stand-Off '>' 2 Survivors hiding at the end of the match, waiting for the other to get caught so they can wait for hatch.

  • @Ludicris said:

    Hatch Stand-Off '>' 2 Survivors hiding at the end of the match, waiting for the other to get caught so they can wait for hatch.

    This is what I thought people meant by hatch stand off. It prolongs games so much and I can't really do anything about it except hope I find where someone was hiding who didn't rotate for whatever reason.