Anyone else miss being in the lower ranks?

I remember when I was a lower rank. Games were less sweaty, you could relax and still have a decent game. The killers felt powerful and scary, while survivors felt weak. Ironic that the game felt more fun under those conditions.

But now that I've stuck in red ranks for about 2 years my games have been sweaty 90% of the time. The other 10% have been because some players in those matches were boosted potatoes.

It just doesn't feel as fun now that I've played for a really long time and gotten to know the ins and outs of both roles.

Comments

  • honestly not really I've been hardstuck rank 5 for like a year and a half now and if you ask me that is the perfect rank for survivor gameplay

  • Honestly I kinda wish I can stay in Green Ranks more often.

    Games are not too sweaty, so I can chill as Killer without feeling like I need to pull the earth everytime I play.

    Red Rank games always leaves me exhausted at the end, and idk if that is a good feeling to have.

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    honestly not really I've been hardstuck rank 5 for like a year and a half now and if you ask me that is the perfect rank for survivor gameplay

    There's a nice spot where survivors don't feel untouchable, but aren't too easy to catch either.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    Honestly I kinda wish I can stay in Green Ranks more often.

    Games are not too sweaty, so I can chill as Killer without feeling like I need to pull the earth everytime I play.

    Red Rank games always leaves me exhausted at the end, and idk if that is a good feeling to have.

    Yeah, I get the exhausted feeling often as a red ranked killer. To the point that playing that role feels like it's more trouble than it's worth.

    Although I've been playing for 1149 hours and still feel like I've hardly improved. So that could be a factor.

  • @BingBongMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2366067#Comment_2366067

    Yeah, I get the exhausted feeling often as a red ranked killer. To the point that playing that role feels like it's more trouble than it's worth.

    Although I've been playing for 1149 hours and still feel like I've hardly improved. So that could be a factor.

    I've been playing 3000 hours and even though I feel like I always improve, it still leaves me stressed at the end of the day.

  • As survivor definitely not. Clueless teammates can be very tilting and bad killers aren't a whole lot of fun to go against. I do miss my chill yellow/green rank killer games though.

  • I got pushed down to purple ranks and it's been pretty fun and chill. I'm totally happy to lose.

    The problem is that sweaty SWF's and killers also got pushed down, so I basically had 5 days of bliss and then it's rank 1 gameplay but in purple ranks and I genuinely can't go down any further without actively depipping.

  • I used to be at rank 4/5 before I stopped playing and now I came back a few days ago as a rank 13 survivor. In my experience, I'd rather go against a red or purple killer than anything else. I feel that experienced killers are able to adapt to different playstyles and if they are not facing a sweaty SWF they can make the match fun for all. I know it's not always the case, but most of the killers I face now would rather just sit in front of the first hooked survivor or spend the whole match chasing one, so you are rather the prey or a spectator :/

  • I really miss being a new player and using Dead Hard the second I see “E” and going no where. It was fun feeling scared but now I just wanna rip my hair off.

  • i miss the clown fiestas, but i dont miss the hook farming and the rampant tunneling.

  • @BingBongMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2366067#Comment_2366067

    Yeah, I get the exhausted feeling often as a red ranked killer. To the point that playing that role feels like it's more trouble than it's worth.

    Although I've been playing for 1149 hours and still feel like I've hardly improved. So that could be a factor.

    Hey we are in the same spot!

  • Nope, not me. All I experience is just bad, immersive, die early or leave me on struggle teammates and hardcore campers/tunnelers. I'm better off staying in the red ranks.

  • I am rank 9 and I see it all. Some games are red and purple only, which can feel quite challenging. Some are fellow green ranks, those feel relatively balanced. The games where I get beginners I actually can't tell if the survivors are just trying to BM me, and only find out afterwards they were yellow or brown.


    I actually had a game with a rank 20 and I thought he was trying to make me kill him, but I saw him desperately going for the exit gate and downed him, opened it up, threw him out. Pretty sure he was a new player grouped with the rank 3, as she just randomly gave me a free kill. She was probably happy I didn't bully him out of the game.


    I digress, my point is, I really like this rank. I get a dash of everything.

  • Green ranks is where it's at, specifically 11-12.

    Matchmaking generally extends 6 ranks either side of your rank (it will go further is matchmaking is taking too long, but usually it's this 6-rank range), which means a rank 11 can be paired with anyone from rank 5 to rank 17.

    A rank 1 however only has ranks 1-6, which means you're going to get a lot of rank 5s and 6s going against rank 1s. Likewise, rank 4s only have 1-10 to go against, so pretty much any purple rank is going to be paired with red ranks, A LOT.

  • @IDewDew said:

    Finally played survivor in green rank after 2 months and it's a nightmare. Nobody does gens because they're bad and killers are boring to get chased by because they suck. When people say they want chill games or less sweaty games it only means they want to play with or against bad players

    I've had more competent survivors in green ranks than in red ranks.

    Red ranks just instantly lynch the killer with flashlights, then DC if they get downed any earlier than they had hoped to.

    In green ranks I've still had survivors coming for the rescue, still body blocking, taking hits for each other, but sensibly. They're guarding you while you open the exit gate, instead of zerg rushing the hook.

  • I like playing at low ranks, it's chill I don't have to worry about sweaty players usually. But whenever I derank due to reset or just not playing for a while I get back to red in a day or two. I end up missing low ranks.

    However I have some friends who are newbs to the game and they play with me sometimes, so when they do I get to chill against a low rank killer again, and I'm happy.

  • Yes all the time

  • @IDewDew said:

    Finally played survivor in green rank after 2 months and it's a nightmare. Nobody does gens because they're bad and killers are boring to get chased by because they suck. When people say they want chill games or less sweaty games it only means they want to play with or against bad players

    No, I just don't want to have EVERY SINGLE game be a sweatfest that sucks the fun out of DBD.

    And trust me, you'll probably feel the same way when you reach red ranks.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    I got pushed down to purple ranks and it's been pretty fun and chill. I'm totally happy to lose.

    The problem is that sweaty SWF's and killers also got pushed down, so I basically had 5 days of bliss and then it's rank 1 gameplay but in purple ranks and I genuinely can't go down any further without actively depipping.

    Yeah, really wish the sweatlords could have their own separate lobbies. But BHVR doesn't want to split the playerbase so we're stuck with them.

  • Nope, although I do wish they'd add actual mmr so my team do stuff. I dont mind people trying to do well it's the point of a multiplayer game

  • Nope, although I do wish they'd add actual mmr so my team do stuff. I dont mind people trying to do well it's the point of a multiplayer game

  • Lower ranks was just campers and people hiding in a corner the whole game. It wasn't fun.

  • I can't stand it. As survivor teammates just crouch walk around the map doing nothing, as killer they run in straight lines not knowing what a pallet is or just try to juke you in the corner of the map.

    Playing against good teams a lot as killer can be exhausting, but for the most part I get pretty balanced games in red ranks. MMR was a nightmare because it was just sweat squad after sweat squad and it wore me out.


    You aren't missing the different level of player skill, you're nostalgic for when you were new to the game. And there were still systems and items/perks you didn't understand and maps you didnt know inside and out.

  • It's gotten as bad as in high ranks right now.

    The game, for everyone who just tries to play FAIR, has become utterly unenjoyable.

    General gross behavior (name calling etc) is omnipresent, camping, slugging and tunneling are too, as are really uncreative second chance and tryhard builds from god knows whatever big name streamer pretended that they are 'a sign of skill'. you have a good chunk of people purposefully going back to low ranks to be scumbags because it makes them feel good about themself.

    so, no, low ranks are effed as well.

    the entire game is.

    gratz on that devs