Still want all shacks to have breakable walls
Was so excited when killer shacks was getting a breakable wall for it just to end up happening on the first and only map (saloon) feel it's such a shame tbh, the shack hurts alot of basic attack killers heavily.
Main reason I hate shack is the ability to wait at a spot and the react into the window. (All you need is a fast reaction time and you make it)
Comments
Shacks are already weak and killer sided.
no they aren't
Its killer sided because a killer can easily play around Shack or just bamboozle the window and force the survivors to drop shack pallet
Survivors didn't like the one that added on the saloon so quickly abandoned the idea and bowed down for forgiveness.
So because the killer plays smart and/or uses a perk for its intended purpose, it makes the Shack weak?
Yes
Couldn't be more wrong
A standard M1 killer can’t do anything and have to hope the survivor makes a mistake. Even an average survivor can run it well if they have skill-less Dead Hard to use for distance at the window or pallet.
If you cant play around the Shack and mindgame survivors, you are a bad killer. Simple.
Shack is in a weird spot right now. It's incredible strong against half of the killers with weak antiloop, but the other half makes it useless.
I do mind game and I catch survivors there that aren’t good and don’t have Dead Hard a lot. If you think shack is killer sided then it’s hard to take you seriously.
and if you can't effectively use shack your an awful survivor. its one of the best loops on the maps
With the right build/killer shack can become weaker.
I personally don’t think it needs a breakable door. Breakable doors are very boring anyway, it provides no interaction between the survivor and killer.
Shack is the most balanced tile in the game imo so no
lol
So do you mean you want every tile to be as strong as shack?
Agree, if they remove dead zones also
No I don’t. Shack is a place of safety but can also be a death trap due to basement. Only issue it has is potentially chaining with other tiles
I think they mean that the input of both killer and survivor determine the outcome at shack, both killer and survivor have the opportunity to outplay one another.
Add breakable floors so I can bodyslam through the basement ceiling as Bubba
that would be hilarious
Depends on the killer. Hag it's great. Legion looped for days.
Wrong.
Oh so that must mean that if you cant play around the Shack and mindgame. The killer you are a bad survivor simple it goes both ways
This is what I've been wanting too.
I think what makes shack unique is its power. So no, let's keep shack the way it is.
Against basic attack killers no, others sure...
Yes
There isn't much interaction between survivor and killer when it comes to playing shack to begin with. You either loop it or don't. You either drop palette or don't. Survivors get to make both those choices independently of what killer does. It requires no input from us at all.
It's a structure that despite the name only really caters to survivors and depending on the killer and build you run the reactions you have could range from "might as well just walk away" to "Congratulations you played yourself, survivor-chan." Especially in the current pre-drop every palette and run forward meta things tend to be the former more than the latter. Breakable walls on all the shacks would at least give both sides a reason to loop the shack no matter the killer.
Like Nemesis for instance can't really do much at shack cause if he uses his power he only makes the loop worse for himself since hitting people three times and giving out two sprint bursts doesn't exactly make a lot of sense. If someone goes to shack and shows they can play it the only real option is to walk away cause you don't have time for that.
Also breakable doors and walls do provide more meaningful gameplay than you think. There are some breakable areas that if opened actually makes loops longer for survivors.
didnt you said its weak?
Yeah I would support all shacks having breakable walls. To make the maps feel a bit more fair, since the shack definitely can unbalance for certain killers to deal with.
Its weak against good killers
he did
@ReikoMori
I don’t know which survivors you’ve been going up against and what rank, but there is a lot of interaction at shack.
Hillbilly alone can provide ALOT of interaction. You have to guess which way he is going to curve and/or if you have time to vault the window. Trapper can set traps and thus you have to chose which path you want to loop at. Wraith, same thing he uncloaks, will you vault or not? I could go on. That is the kind of interaction players want to see… not “oh well I am f***ed”.
Give me one good reason to add an already boring action (destroying a door) and I’ll agree with you. So far the only thing you’ve mentioned is how powerful shack is. To which I say, some of us that understand how mind-gaming works don’t see the issue with shack being a little more advantageous for survivors who (again) understand how to loop. I’m not talking about the ones who drop the pallet the minute they see a killer.
Your argument about how a killer having to break a door so that survivors are left with a weaker version of a loop, isn’t convincing enough to warrant there being a door. As a killer I don’t want to feel like I am doing a chore.
@Wavy
I don’t think it’s weak against good killers, specific killers yes. Deathslinger for example can shot down that loop in no time. Trapper would have to have preset traps for him to shine there.
thats not how it works.
I don't need you to agree with me. It's perfectly fine to disagree.
The interactions you proposed as an example are interesting, for those killers. Not every killer has mobility, stealth, or traps. I even spoke about a killer who absolutely would benefit from being able to do a "boring action" like break a wall.
I play against good and bad survivors and I know how to mind game, but when your killer legit doesn't have anything that is helpful to them at a tile like shack sometimes the solutions are found in those "boring" universal actions. You may not like breaking things, but I personally love breaking walls and palettes for tactical advantages so my killers who don't have the luxury of relying on their power at loops can actually create areas where I can make mind games.
You may not get a lot of people who just hold W till their finger bleeds, but I've been getting red rank teams who pre-drop and sprint around corners or run to the edge of the universe the entire event. Have I managed to beat them? Most of the time yes, but guess who I've played all event, Nemesis. So when people go to shack here is the scenario: They've run to shack, are they infected yes/no? If yes, are they injured yes/no? If yes, run the shack. If no, walk away./ Are they infected yes/no? If no, are they injured yes/no? If yes, will they hold W for pre-drop palette or vault the window for loop, either way try for the hit. Are they injured yes/no? If no, walk away and force them to leave as you have no leverage.
Now can I potentially mitigate some of this with perks? Potentially, but Nemesis has no pressure if he isn't constantly putting people on the floor or on hooks. I need to manage my time very carefully or else I can easily lose gens at higher ranks. Now I could blow that time running around a building or if given the option I could spend 2 seconds to break a wall that allows me the option of running sideways through something to potentially shorten a loop that is only detrimental to my killer.
Killers who have more interesting engagements at shack tend to generally have better ways of dealing with loops and long runs by default. When you're playing killers that just has to take it as sits you're kinda just stuck. You can try and mind game all you want, but you can't hide the fact that everyone knows you've got a pool noodle that isn't a threat unless you've already been hit twice and that their getting a speed boost. So punching a hole in a wall at least means if I can make people run the shack in a certain direction I could actually stand a better chance of maximizing my time at that tile.
Now I doubt behavior will make all shacks have one breakable wall so I'm gonna just walk away from that tile most of the time and go do something productive like slug two people so the once who wants to make love to the shack set up camp or let their teammates die.
Walking away from it is the smart thing to do if you are getting ran for too long. This is common knowledge. It does not mean that shack needs to be “weakened” because you are having some trouble with it on one killer.
To me the problem you are pointing out is with Nemesis not shack. Nemesis should not give survivors a sprint burst after an infection. At least not once he has already tiered up.
Part of being an optimal killer is just as knowing that you have break chase, is knowing when to M1 vs when to M2. In Nemesis’ case an M1 will give you more value than infecting a survivor at shack.