Maybe some new DBD stats just dropped?

Okay so I'm browsing through my news feed and I get this news article:

image.png
Behaviour Interactive shares lists of the most played Killers and Survivors since Dead by Daylight launched now five years past.

And included we have this infographic:

image.png

Showing overall statistics from July 2017 to May 2021. Now, this seems legitimate, and other news sites have reported on the same graphic, but I haven't been able to find the source.

With this in mind, take everything here with seventeen handfulls of salt until I can get a confirmation on the legitimacy.

Please avoid going into an all-out war in the comments here, by the way.

(If someone knows the official source to this infographic and can send it my way that'd be really nice of you thanks)

EDIT: Thank you very much to @SacrilegeGG for confirming this is legitimate.

image.png


Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Bigchungus223 said:

    I guess the game isn’t so survivor sided after all.

    to be fair we do have to take into account any and all first hook suicides

  • @Bigchungus223 said:

    I guess the game isn’t so survivor sided after all.

    (If this is real)The stats really don't mean much with hooksuicides/Game throwers/DCes.

    Mind you with all those INFLATE the KR well above normal and its still close to even.

  • @Bigchungus223 said:

    I guess the game isn’t so survivor sided after all.

    keep in mind that self-care is the #1 most used survivor perk (SUPPOSEDLY)

  • @DoritoHead said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2349516#Comment_2349516

    keep in mind that self-care is the #1 most used survivor perk

    unironically seeing self-care and noed there hurt me inside so much

  • Most played survivors and used perks I can believe. Although more precise ones again would be appreciated.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2349548#Comment_2349548

    unironically seeing self-care and noed there hurt me inside so much

    Same here.

  • @Bigchungus223 said:

    I guess the game isn’t so survivor sided after all.

    It is at the highest level, but the majority of the player base arent high level, in fact theyre far from it.

  • self care is an awful perk, there's a reason that medkits are the best items in the game

  • One critical point is the time frame of this infographic. It says on the lower part it's in game data from 2017 to 2021, so you can't really draw any type of conclusion from it as the game balance changed a lot in those 4 years.

  • Escapes and deaths near to each other. I think people can stop saying kill rates are so high.

  • @GrimoireWeiss said:

    One critical point is the time frame of this infographic. It says on the lower part it's in game data from 2017 to 2021, so you can't really draw any type of conclusion from it as the game balance changed a lot in those 4 years.

    thank you

  • To anyone here. DON’T DRAW CONCLUSIONS FROM THESE

  • @Bigchungus223 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2349567#Comment_2349567

    Paired with botany it’s pretty good, even better in solo queue where teammates refuse to heal you. I would rather bring a flashlight or toolbox.

    flashlights are fun, toolboxes are very meh without good add-ons too and will often get you tunneled. self care + botany is half your build for something an item can accomplish easily (i very rarely have to heal myself more than twice in a single match) and it leaves 4 perk slots open. perks are infinitely more valuable than items are, and also being comortable injured and just slamming gens is sometimes what has to happen in a game. constantly self caring, even with botany, wastes so much time that the killer can capitalise on.

  • I know this will just sound contrarian and conspiracy-esque, but I'm going to say it: I really don't buy that both Wraith and Doctor are picked more than Trapper. Trapper is like the go-to newb killer, and, as rare as Trapper was at higher ranks, up until recently Wraith was virtually non-existent.

    @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2349558#Comment_2349558

    self care is an awful perk, there's a reason that medkits are the best items in the game

    Flashlight are without question better assuming you know what you're doing. Just like Self-Care is a great perk if you know what you're doing. Just because a lot of people are bad with them doesn't mean that either flashlights or Self-Care aren't better than many of the other alternatives.

  • @Science_Guy said:

    I know this will just sound contrarian and conspiracy-esque, but I'm going to say it: I really don't buy that both Wraith and Doctor are picked more than Trapper. Trapper is like the go-to newb killer, and, as rare as Trapper was at higher ranks, up until recently Wraith was virtually non-existent.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2349567#Comment_2349567

    Flashlight are without question better assuming you know what you're doing. Just like Self-Care is a great perk if you know what you're doing. Just because a lot of people are bad with them doesn't mean that either flashlights or Self-Care aren't better than many of the other alternatives.

    flashlights waste far too much time for a negligable benefit, particularly if the killer is sentient. if they know a flashlight is in play they will bait or look at walls to pick up and now you've wasted so much time hiding for a save that could have been spent on a generator. if you're trying to win, they're not worth it, and medkits are substantially better. flashlights are fun, though, so there's that.

    blinding at a pallet also isn't usually worth it because a lot of killer players have these wonderful things called ears, and many will look down after the break to avoid a chain blind while listening out instead. furthermore, walking into walls isn't that likely because they can map out a rough location of their surroundings pretty easily before they're blinded.

    this is coming from someone who uses them every game because theyre fun, by the way.

  • @Bigchungus223 said:

    I guess the game isn’t so survivor sided after all.

    It's only original killers/original survivors. And it seems to take into account all ranks.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    To anyone here. DON’T DRAW CONCLUSIONS FROM THESE

    The conclusion I'm drawing is that a looooooot of people own Bubba, given how rare BBQ is in the shrine.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2349603#Comment_2349603

    The conclusion I'm drawing is that a looooooot of people own Bubba, given how rare BBQ is in the shrine.

    And a lot of survivors have a poor choice of healing perk /s

  • DH is overused clearly when's it's well deserved nerf

  • @Bigchungus223 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2349604#Comment_2349604

    I know that, I just have a phobia of trash teammates.

    I usually use dead hard and iron will, pretty comfortable playing injured but who knows when you need to be at full health. Relying on teammates as a solo queue player is just too much for me especially with this horrible matchmaking.

    I use Iron Will, WGLF, BT, and DS. I can't stand tunneling, camping, or Spirit so I do my best to counter it, and then WGLF is a comfort perk because it has a personal meaning to me (and the bloodpoints are nice). Yellow medkit with +8 charges gets me through most matches tbh

  • @CornHub said:

    DH is overused clearly when's it's well deserved nerf

    Going by this logic self care is more likely to be nerfed.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2349548#Comment_2349548

    unironically seeing self-care and noed there hurt me inside so much

    Well, if those stats started to be collected in July of 2017, that alone explains Self-Care's position.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2349552#Comment_2349552

    Well, if those stats started to be collected in July of 2017, that alone explains Self-Care's position.

    Healing was changed and thus self-care nerfed in patch 2.3.0, which released sometime in October 2018. This is a gap of a year and 2-3 months. The stats finished being collected May 2021, which is a gap of 2 years and 6-7 months. More than enough time for it to be removed, or even dethroned from #1.

    So no, not really.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2349640#Comment_2349640

    Healing was changed and thus self-care nerfed in patch 2.3.0, which released sometime in October 2018. This is a gap of a year and 2-3 months. The stats finished being collected May 2021, which is a gap of 2 years and 6-7 months. More than enough time for it to be removed, or even dethroned from #1.

    So no, not really.

    Perhaps, but we also have to consider that not everyone dropped this perk as soon as change happened, not mention Claudette's popularity even among newer players.

    To be honest, not sure if that is enough time.

  • Just posting to confirm that yes, this is real and legitimate, we (press folk) got a press release with this yesterday (July 8th) via Vicarious, who are the PR firm BHVR use.

    I figured it had also gone out via DBD Twitter, but I guess not. In future then, I'll post here and on Twitter about future press releases, as this isn't the first time details/info have been exclusive to releases.

  • @SacrilegeGG said:

    Just posting to confirm that yes, this is real and legitimate, we (press folk) got a press release with this yesterday (July 8th) via Vicarious, who are the PR firm BHVR use.

    I figured it had also gone out via DBD Twitter, but I guess not. In future then, I'll post here and on Twitter about future press releases, as this isn't the first time details/info have been exclusive to releases.

    Thank you very much, I really appreciate this!

  • @Phasmamain said:

    To anyone here. DON’T DRAW CONCLUSIONS FROM THESE

    Except the perk picks those look pretty spot on from what I see.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2349558#Comment_2349558

    self care is an awful perk, there's a reason that medkits are the best items in the game

    Self care is actually a pretty banger perk, it's just it gets used at the wrong times

  • @worriedfeng03 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2349567#Comment_2349567

    Self care is actually a pretty banger perk, it's just it gets used at the wrong times

    Its still good for the majority of players. Only highranks dont need it, since everyone genrushes and gets out injured. If you optimise gameplay, then selfcare is worse than second chances. But for casual solo queue its still very useful.

  • escape count seems pretty high

  • how is self care number 1?


    my last game had 4 dead hards and 4 borrowed time. 0 self care

  • The escape rates being a flat number looks made up or at least very weird.

  • @Bigchungus223 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2349562#Comment_2349562

    I don’t think this game is supposed to be played at such a high level, very hard to balance it without making casuals suffer.

    The thing is that casuals are also human beings and have the ability to get better. The reason this game is getting worse is because people are getting better and the broken core mechanics of the game are starting to show.

  • Dead hard is “not that good” but is still a top 3 perk. Funny.

  • People should still keep in mind that this is data that started to be collected a long time ago.

    Self care was pretty much mandatory back then, it was so, so useful. And it is still used, so I can see why it is up there.

    People complain about NOED being so high. Keep in mind that, except Tinkerer, all slowdown perks are on p2p killers. This means that a lot of people may not have slowdown perks.

    I, myself, use NOED on killers without slowdown perks. It is simply me saying "I don't own a tool to make the survivors do their objective slower, but I have a tool that makes my job easier if they finish their main one".

  • Selfcare and noed in top 3?

    Thats definitely all ranks not just the red

  • When I checked my news feed, I noticed that I am getting news about pallets. Not DBD pallets. Actual wooden pallets.

    I'm a killer main, I don't even like pallets.

  • @JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

    When I checked my news feed, I noticed that I am getting news about pallets. Not DBD pallets. Actual wooden pallets.

    I'm a killer main, I don't even like pallets.

    That's... Genuinely kinda depressing, actually.

  • I like that Claudette, who is the best, is number one.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    I like that Claudette, who is the best, is number one.

    We can definitely agree the queen deserves her place 😌

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2349558#Comment_2349558

    self care is an awful perk, there's a reason that medkits are the best items in the game

    healing alone = 32 seconds.

    Healing with one other = 16 seconds.


    If you work on a gen, you get a penalty, meaning you couldnt repair worth of 32 seconds with two survivors (without wasting time because it would be better to split off.


    Meaning, it would technically be smarter to selfcare besides a gen while the other one is repairing it.


    Doesnt mean self care is good but its not bad either.

    It always depens HOW you use it and that goes for everything.

  • @Ruma said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2349567#Comment_2349567

    healing alone = 32 seconds.

    Healing with one other = 16 seconds.

    If you work on a gen, you get a penalty, meaning you couldnt repair worth of 32 seconds with two survivors (without wasting time because it would be better to split off.

    Meaning, it would technically be smarter to selfcare besides a gen while the other one is repairing it.

    Doesnt mean self care is good but its not bad either.

    It always depens HOW you use it and that goes for everything.

    Alternatively.

    Medkit = 16 seconds solo while other people are on gens. Yellow medkit with +8 charges = 2 full heals. You also get more heals after you've been unhooked, when someone would already be off of a generator. And you have an extra perk slot available.

    It's useful in a few scenarios where a Medkit is better.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2350375#Comment_2350375

    Alternatively.

    Medkit = 16 seconds solo while other people are on gens. Yellow medkit with +8 charges = 2 full heals. You also get more heals after you've been unhooked, when someone would already be off of a generator. And you have an extra perk slot available.

    It's useful in a few scenarios where a Medkit is better.

    I know medkits are way better (brown medlit best item in the game) but selcare still can come in clutch sometimes.

    The problem is most people just hide somewhere and instantly heal the second they are hurt.


    Or they waste tons of times and selfcare everytime for 1 second while killer breaks a pallet which causes them to lose tons of distance.


    The users are the problem, not the perk itself.

  • @GrimoireWeiss said:

    One critical point is the time frame of this infographic. It says on the lower part it's in game data from 2017 to 2021, so you can't really draw any type of conclusion from it as the game balance changed a lot in those 4 years.

    Yes, and killers were buffed, so the killer rate would be higher. Anyway, any data not showing killers need buffs would be discredit in this killer forum

  • @femotek820 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2349572#Comment_2349572

    Yes, and killers were buffed, so the killer rate would be higher. Anyway, any data not showing killers need buffs would be discredit in this killer forum

    Higher compared to what? This is data from 4 years, it can hardly be compared to anything. Besides, back in 2016 nobody played on the level we do now.

  • Did they just plain out not include the Licensed Character kills and escapes? I mean, I understand why, but if they did that is a lot of info we're missing.

    The kills of 7 killers and the escapes of 10 survivors.

    Edit: No, I'm an idiot. I forgot to look left.

    I hate myself.

  • Untitled.png

    that's my boy!

    Honestly i really thought it'd be Huntress on top and that i wouldn't see Wraith at all, i'm genuinely surprised.


    Also that escape-to-sacrifice isn't that bad.

    There's most likely A LOT of context missing here, but i don't know that so i have to assume from just this.

  • @Bigchungus223 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2349562#Comment_2349562

    I don’t think this game is supposed to be played at such a high level, very hard to balance it without making casuals suffer.

    But it is something that the devs need to take in consideration. A person playing will only get better at the game