Killers are not Here for Make Sure You have Fun

Killer players are playing their game. They will play like how they wanna. They will play with any perk they wanna. If they are not cheating or not doing anything againts game rules, you can not judge them.


Some killer tactics and perks can be annoying for survivors. And i am not saying this is fun for survivors. But killers are not workers of BHVR, they are playing for their own fun. Why survivors thinking killer has this mission?

Comments

  • I don't disagree with this, that's why I advocate for everyone holding onto their cakes. I'm not using mine for the very reason a)soloq and b)killers playing for kills and not points.

    Had too many matches where it seems like the killer was on a speed run and we all got ######### BP for it. So instead of getting tilted, I'm just not using cakes.

  • @FrndlyChnswSalzmn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2333996#Comment_2333996

    Yep. Anything less than the best is a loss. Everyone should play that way - the fun comes when playing well is something you've practiced so much it's effortless. But then again, I guess most don't think that way. A generation of people accustomed to getting stuff just for showing up tends to devalue achievement and effort, after all.

    I'd highly recommend getting into the tournaments if you're up for the challenge!

  • @Drywatr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2333751#Comment_2333751

    Camping and tunneling are both extremely toxic. If survivors are swarming the hook camping can be excused but tunneling? ######### no. Its a pathetic strategy by ######### killers. I play both sides, both at red ranks. I never tunnel or camp and consistently get at least 2-3 kills.

    Survivors being toxic is annoying but not game ruining like killers doing the same thing.

    Regardless play how you want, just dont expect the toxicity in this game to go away

    If your teammate unhooks you, and then stealths away leaving you as the only visible target you are getting tunneled with zero remorse. They should be trying to distract me so you can get away and get healed. They're only doing half their job imo.

  • @Drywatr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2333751#Comment_2333751

    Camping and tunneling are both extremely toxic. If survivors are swarming the hook camping can be excused but tunneling? ######### no. Its a pathetic strategy by ######### killers. I play both sides, both at red ranks. I never tunnel or camp and consistently get at least 2-3 kills.

    Survivors being toxic is annoying but not game ruining like killers doing the same thing.

    Regardless play how you want, just dont expect the toxicity in this game to go away

    I want 4 kills. So i'll keep tunneling and camping.

  • @Power_Guy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2334440#Comment_2334440

    One difference; using a mic is 'using a third party program to gain an advantage' IE: the description of cheating in almost every online game out there.

    The rest; I agree with. Try your hardest. Group with friends. Use META perks. Slam those pallets, use those loops, use blockers on ranged Killers. Rush those gens. Your goal is to escape. Mine is to kill you. Anything that's not cheating or exploits is fair game.

    In short; Try your best, within the confines of the game (and without using cheats or exploits) to win.

    So, using Discord for voice chat playing any other game is cheating now?

    Do you define joining a party on console also cheating even though that isn't a third party program?

    Do you even understand how incredibly stupid this sounds?

  • @Tizzle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2334486#Comment_2334486

    So, using Discord for voice chat playing any other game is cheating now?

    Do you define joining a party on console also cheating even though that isn't a third party program?

    Do you even understand how incredibly stupid this sounds?

    Joining a party is integrated into the game, but I was being snarky.

    I'm aware voice comms are here to stay. I just wish the devs would admit it and start balancing around that fact. Just give the game VoIP so solo-Q's stop suffering.

  • In my opinion, it's just common decency to at least try and let everyone have fun.

  • @Squirrel_Thicc said:

    In my opinion, it's just common decency to at least try and let everyone have fun.

    Yes but what's 'fun'?

    I let Survivors do gens; they pop open the exit gates, twerk on the way out, and insult me in endgame chat. Because they can't comprehend that I LET them win; it MUST have been their innate skill, and I'm a little baby bad killer scrub. 🙄

    I kill Survivors; I'm a tryhard sweaty Killer main. 😏


    So I play Killer the way I want; Survivors can try to win while I try to win. Anything else is a gift to the other team & not to be expected in normal play. If Survivors can't cope with Killer's trying to win, then they should not be playing a PvP game.

  • @Mileena_Kahn said:

    And I as a survivor am not here to give you a pleasant game or a free win. I will abuse loops, throw on perks to annoy you, hold M1 and rush the gens, hell I might even make it harder for you and squad up with a SWF with mic’s. Goes both ways boo. 😊

    Which is why Nurse and Spirit are in the game.

  • @Power_Guy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2334440#Comment_2334440

    One difference; using a mic is 'using a third party program to gain an advantage' IE: the description of cheating in almost every online game out there.

    The rest; I agree with. Try your hardest. Group with friends. Use META perks. Slam those pallets, use those loops, use blockers on ranged Killers. Rush those gens. Your goal is to escape. Mine is to kill you. Anything that's not cheating or exploits is fair game.

    In short; Try your best, within the confines of the game (and without using cheats or exploits) to win.

    I do not like SWF but using mic is legal lol. You can not shame people for this. They can use Discord. Problem is this makes them strong but game balanced around low rank solos.

  • @Power_Guy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2334954#Comment_2334954

    Yes but what's 'fun'?

    I let Survivors do gens; they pop open the exit gates, twerk on the way out, and insult me in endgame chat. Because they can't comprehend that I LET them win; it MUST have been their innate skill, and I'm a little baby bad killer scrub. 🙄

    I kill Survivors; I'm a tryhard sweaty Killer main. 😏

    So I play Killer the way I want; Survivors can try to win while I try to win. Anything else is a gift to the other team & not to be expected in normal play. If Survivors can't cope with Killer's trying to win, then they should not be playing a PvP game.

    I meant in a way where you're not going out of your way to ruin their game just so you can have a good time. And that goes both ways.

  • @justbecause said:

    Neither are survivors yet if u scroll down the forum you'll see nerf this perk nerf that, nerf gen speed, nerf survivors, holding w is too op and non counterable etc etc this goes for both sides and i do agree with your statement just i would add for both sides same treatment not just killers

    I think it stems from the fact that just by virtue of numbers you cop a lot more abuse when you play killer. I'd say as survivor I see a sore loser killer maybe 1-3 in 10 matches, I'd say I have sore loser survivors probably 6-8 of 10 matches.

    (I'm lumping sore losers and bad winners under the one moniker here, as folks who gloat when they win are likely to chuck a tantrum when they lose).

  • @Northener1907 said:

    Killer players are playing their game. They will play like how they wanna. They will play with any perk they wanna. If they are not cheating or not doing anything againts game rules, you can not judge them.

    Some killer tactics and perks can be annoying for survivors. And i am not saying this is fun for survivors. But killers are not workers of BHVR, they are playing for their own fun. Why survivors thinking killer has this mission?

    Vice versa

  • @pseudechis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2333673#Comment_2333673

    I think it stems from the fact that just by virtue of numbers you cop a lot more abuse when you play killer. I'd say as survivor I see a sore loser killer maybe 1-3 in 10 matches, I'd say I have sore loser survivors probably 6-8 of 10 matches.

    (I'm lumping sore losers and bad winners under the one moniker here, as folks who gloat when they win are likely to chuck a tantrum when they lose).

    True you have much higher chance to experience salty survivor because of 4vs1 thing and I think both sides should just play the game with no many emotional investment because it's just a game sometimes you win sometimes you lose just like in real life

  • Killers are not here to make sure survivors have fun. Survivors are not here to make sure killers have fun.

    The game design is what's supposed to make sure both sides have fun. It massively fails on that front.

    I've played other games where I did poorly, inexperienced or not, but only in DbD do bad matches feel so absolutely frustrating and miserable. I know what happens in matches isn't personal, but it feels personal in the moment. (No, I've never messaged other players, though I'll curse at the TV plenty.) It sucks to end matches with practically no BP feeling like you didn't get a chance to participate.

    Given that, it's not surprising at all that people lash out. The unfortunate part is that they lash out at other players rather than at the company who designed their product to encourage these negative experiences. The us vs them mentality is also counterproductive, because the two sides keep sniping at each other "don't play that way, I don't like it!" (as if killers or survivors are a hive mind) instead of saying the right things (meaning not proposing solutions that include the words "ban" or "punish") to the devs, the people who can actually improve DbD.

    The game needs changes, because something should try to ensure both sides have fun. It won't be the players—DbD's not a job and people don't get paid to play it—so it needs to be the game itself.

  • I don’t think anyone is having fun at the moment

    this game is total shite.

  • @Northener1907 said:

    Killer players are playing their game. They will play like how they wanna. They will play with any perk they wanna. If they are not cheating or not doing anything againts game rules, you can not judge them.

    Some killer tactics and perks can be annoying for survivors. And i am not saying this is fun for survivors. But killers are not workers of BHVR, they are playing for their own fun. Why survivors thinking killer has this mission?

    But killers are part of the survivor's experience in the game. How you play the game as the killer largely effects how fun the survivor's experience will be. If you care about the game, the community and the continuation of it you won't treat your rank in the game as some sacred thing you need to keep as high as possible at the expense of the misery of the survivors. Until ranked matches are not the only option outside custom matches (which I think I've done maybe 5 matches of in the past year) then there will always be this huge divide in the community on every aspect of the game. I just want a silly game mode where fun is the only incentive with entirely different objectives than the usual ranked matches. Something that at the end of it both survivors and killers can say they had fun and hope to play against each other again.

  • Killers are not here TO make sure you have fun. Grammar aside, that is pretty clear. This event managed to bring out the biggest trash that plays this game. The amount of tunneling and camping has increased abnormally since the start of the event, and it is a sweatfest. Feels like every single killer doesn't have anything going in his life other than feeling realised because he managed to win a game on DbD, which is probably true. Yet I still haven't seen a single key, not many flashlights, not many people teabagging or bringing abused cheap perks, on the survivor side. Killers? It's all tunnel, camp, NoeD, Spirit and sweat. This community is gross.

  • @Power_Guy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2334440#Comment_2334440

    One difference; using a mic is 'using a third party program to gain an advantage' IE: the description of cheating in almost every online game out there.

    The rest; I agree with. Try your hardest. Group with friends. Use META perks. Slam those pallets, use those loops, use blockers on ranged Killers. Rush those gens. Your goal is to escape. Mine is to kill you. Anything that's not cheating or exploits is fair game.

    In short; Try your best, within the confines of the game (and without using cheats or exploits) to win.

    Lmao ohh… you’re on of those people who think playing with their buddies in a team based game is cheating. Hah. Funny.

  • And still get sh*t on by a good team even a good player. They’re in the game but they’re not invincible or perfect.

  • @Mileena_Kahn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2334978#Comment_2334978

    And still get sh*t on by a good team even a good player. They’re in the game but they’re not invincible or perfect.

    At least there’s a chance to win….other killers have literally no chance to win against competent players.

  • @Damarus said:

    Killers are not here TO make sure you have fun. Grammar aside, that is pretty clear. This event managed to bring out the biggest trash that plays this game. The amount of tunneling and camping has increased abnormally since the start of the event, and it is a sweatfest. Feels like every single killer doesn't have anything going in his life other than feeling realised because he managed to win a game on DbD, which is probably true. Yet I still haven't seen a single key, not many flashlights, not many people teabagging or bringing abused cheap perks, on the survivor side. Killers? It's all tunnel, camp, NoeD, Spirit and sweat. This community is gross.

    Don't worry, I ran into plenty of try hard survivors to make up for the both of us, unfortunately for me.

  • @FattiePoobum said:

    I don’t think anyone is having fun at the moment

    this game is total shite.

    That explains why more and more people are playing this game

  • This is why everyone should play both killer & survivor- not get stuck on one. When I first started out as killer, I would return to the hook and down the player who just got pulled off- then put them back on. I didn’t know any better. I just thought hey, I’m being efficient by getting survivors out the game quicker. Well after having that done to me a few times, I learned my lesson. That ######### sucks lmao. No fun at all getting tunneled out the game. So then I adapted to going after the unhooker instead, or just looking for whoever was on a gen. Now I can 4K without tunneling (not every game ofc) which makes it a bit more satisfying.

    As a survivor I stopped tea bagging at the exit gate (unless you were GF teabagging me during the match, or hitting me on hook while nodding your head lol). I never teabagged at pallets that’s dumb IMO. And I stopped clicking my flashlight trying to get the killer’s attention. Now when I click, it’s only to get my teammates attention. Treat other’s how you want to be treated.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2335748#Comment_2335748

    Don't worry, I ran into plenty of try hard survivors to make up for the both of us, unfortunately for me.

    Had no doubt about that, I just haven't met any, yet.

1 2 ›