Tunneling is worst than ever, stop defending it

Yeah another tunneling topic, yeah we know the song its a legit strategy but wow, now as a solo Q I feel lucky when i'm matched with someone that doesn't hard tunnel every game, or camp

And there is most of the time no genrush, no toxicity, to me its not a question of counterplay, its just "i dont want to play fair, because i dont mind about other people fun so let's bully them for no reasons "

I had to bring back my DS which is, even added to BT, still not enough to counter it in my opinion

Plus this event is totally failed, since they get tons of BP for playing like jerks. The idea was to reunite people, but it divided more than ever.

I cant imagine new players on DBD how this behavior can keep them playing ?


This + lag issues = Unplayable game.

No thanks

Comments

  • @aroell said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2333645#Comment_2333645

    Targeting a recently unhooked survivor, choosing to ignore easier targets to ruin someone’s game.

    "Targeting a recently unhooked survivor" Correct!

    "choosing to ignore easier targets" not correct. the unhooked player is the EASIER TARGET. One hit down unless your saved with bt, then another easy 2nd hook if u dont have DS.even if your left on the floor, thats easy pressure, now theres at tops only 2 players on a gen while you chase the guy who unhooked.


    Survivors ignoring everything else, even saving teammates on hooks on dying state to smash a gen out is basically the same thing as killers tunneling survivors. your ignoring other objectives.

  • You have DS, BT, Camaraderie, and Dead Hard to avoid camping and tunneling.

  • I'm gonna go tunnel some people right now. And get a 4k, too because they'll guaranteed rush the hook.

  • @aroell said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2333787#Comment_2333787

    Killers screamed about Decisive strike and Object of obsession, both are ass right now.

    Answer this question, would you be able to win without tunneling?

    To me its clear now after reading all of this, most of the killer mains are hypocrites

  • @FrndlyChnswSalzmn said:

    I'm gonna go tunnel some people right now. And get a 4k, too because they'll guaranteed rush the hook.

    Tunnel and 4k complete. And it was on Coldwind (fractured cowshed) as Nemesis vs a 4-man SWF including a TTV who was very salty. But know why they lost? Because they wouldn't stop circling hooks and going for unsafe saves. Zombie gangbang all day long.


    Ez.

  • ah yes.... the entitled survivors. I won't bring DS won't bring Borrowed Time and you are not allowed to tunnel me :smiely_face: i want my 2 free perk slots AND not get tunneled. Whats that? you think you should use your brain and do whats smart for you? Don't you watch movies the killer always dies and loses. Now be a nice killer and act dumb and lose for me. :smiley_face:

  • @coldestwinter123 said:

    ah yes.... the entitled survivors. I won't bring DS won't bring Borrowed Time and you are not allowed to tunnel me :smiely_face: i want my 2 free perk slots AND not get tunneled. Whats that? you think you should use your brain and do whats smart for you? Don't you watch movies the killer always dies and loses. Now be a nice killer and act dumb and lose for me. :smiley_face:

    Learn to read before ( trying to ) troll, we all use DS and BT here. We all sacrifice two perks slots for unfun perks because 90% of killer mains plays like jerks. So the entitled guy here is only you, ( the one that cant insert real emojis and making mistakes last line of his speech. ) you better say nothing when adults speaks

  • @FrndlyChnswSalzmn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2334232#Comment_2334232

    Tunnel and 4k complete. And it was on Coldwind (fractured cowshed) as Nemesis vs a 4-man SWF including a TTV who was very salty. But know why they lost? Because they wouldn't stop circling hooks and going for unsafe saves. Zombie gangbang all day long.

    Ez.

    Thanks for being honnest killer main and showing the truth of our speech out there :)

  • @aroell said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2333568#Comment_2333568

    There is nothing called tunneling gens. You are bad my guy.

    LOL!!

  • @Edgars_Raven said:

    Genuine question op. You come across a gen thats at 75%. Do you walk away and work a different gen that doesnt have any progress or do you work that gen?

    Because if youre working the 75% gen you have 0 room to complain. If youve ever worked a gen injured you have 0 room to complain. If youve ever left someone on hook for more than 20 secs to finish a gen, you have 0 room to complain. If youve finished a gen in a killers face you have 0 room to complain.

    I dont need to defend tunneling anymore than you need to defend those things

    Red rank killer. I NEVER tunnel and still get constant 3 and 4ks. I'm just that good I guess. Never camped or slug either.

  • @nicnc82 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2333773#Comment_2333773

    Red rank killer. I NEVER tunnel and still get constant 3 and 4ks. I'm just that good I guess. Never camped or slug either.

    Teach the rest of us. Including ohtz who camps/tunnels/slugs all the time. We could all benefit from your wisdom

  • @Edgars_Raven said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2334302#Comment_2334302

    Teach the rest of us. Including ohtz who camps/tunnels/slugs all the time. We could all benefit from your wisdom

    Otz doesn’t tunnel that often though

  • @spirit72 said:

    Let's see if I can explain a bit(Full Disclosure: I am a Survivor main, and occasional Killer):

    Not everything is tunneling. There are a number of reasons that a Killer might do what is referred to by Survivor as tunneling. On my own part, most of that 'tunneling' is due to overly aggressive and unsafe saves by Survivors. If you are going to unhook someone right under my nose(i.e. while the hook is still in my terror radius, and I don't need a noise notification to see that the save has happened), then I am going to punish you and your team for that unsafe save by knocking that Survivor over and hanging them right back up. Don't like that? Use Borrowed Time. If you're not going to use Borrowed, then either don't perform an unsafe save....or, accept the penalty.

    Another instance where Killers will tunnel for reasons is abusive play by Survivors. If you're going to exploit objects and geography, tryhard, flashlight spam, body-block a hook, or other blatantly exploitive ways to abuse the Killer and the game, I am going to run you down, knock you over, and hang you up. And in really egregious cases, I will camp you on top of it, and just shake my head at others when they come in to save. And sometimes, just sometimes, once the offending Survivor is sacked, I'll go open a gate and let the rest out, just to put a period at the end of the sentence.

    That said, some Killers do tunnel in a manner that either speaks to their inexperience(they don't yet realize that tunneling a Survivor for a whole minute plus is actually a gift to the Survivors), or, yes, they're deliberately being a tool, which is unfortunately going to happen from time to time.

    Lol body blocking a hook isn't exploiting anything. Devs have said its not cheating and it's fair. They give us killers perks to even counter the body blocking. Your own fault if your don't want to use it. Survivors have every right to try and save their teammate. I played with friends and a killer did what you did. But dc'd because we still got the save with bt and the one saved also had ds. We again helped body block them out too after killer got hit with ds. Don't get mad when you still lose by being trash

  • @Hektic3000 said:

    Tunneling is not worse than ever. With the changes in perks and base mechanics its easier to prevent yourself from being focused down now.

    BT- it works in every situation so there's no reason not to run it, its a guaranteed safe unhook.

    DS- while you cant be immune and do actions in the killers face it gives you the chance to save yourself, stun the killer, and make distance.(they also made obsessions always present so killers have to assume there's at least 1 DS)

    We'll make it- 8 sec heals

    Resurgence- you're unhooked with 50% heal progress

    Lucky break- no blood or scratch marks for 1 min.

    There are options for survivors to not be tunneled but most don't put any effort in and expect the killer(who isn't your friend) to take it easy on them for no reason.

    Instead of complaining about tunneling try and reflect on what got you into that situation and adjust in the future.

    BT and DS don't deter killers anymore. I've taken to running BT every match because it's gotten so bad.

  • @spirit72 said:

    Let's see if I can explain a bit(Full Disclosure: I am a Survivor main, and occasional Killer):

    Not everything is tunneling. There are a number of reasons that a Killer might do what is referred to by Survivor as tunneling. On my own part, most of that 'tunneling' is due to overly aggressive and unsafe saves by Survivors. If you are going to unhook someone right under my nose(i.e. while the hook is still in my terror radius, and I don't need a noise notification to see that the save has happened), then I am going to punish you and your team for that unsafe save by knocking that Survivor over and hanging them right back up. Don't like that? Use Borrowed Time. If you're not going to use Borrowed, then either don't perform an unsafe save....or, accept the penalty.

    Another instance where Killers will tunnel for reasons is abusive play by Survivors. If you're going to exploit objects and geography, tryhard, flashlight spam, body-block a hook, or other blatantly exploitive ways to abuse the Killer and the game, I am going to run you down, knock you over, and hang you up. And in really egregious cases, I will camp you on top of it, and just shake my head at others when they come in to save. And sometimes, just sometimes, once the offending Survivor is sacked, I'll go open a gate and let the rest out, just to put a period at the end of the sentence.

    That said, some Killers do tunnel in a manner that either speaks to their inexperience(they don't yet realize that tunneling a Survivor for a whole minute plus is actually a gift to the Survivors), or, yes, they're deliberately being a tool, which is unfortunately going to happen from time to time.

    As someone who also plays both agreed 100%

  • @Power_Guy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2333782#Comment_2333782

    Oh boy! Here come the personal attacks and insinuations about my skill!

    Seeing as your post is mostly just insults about my supposed skill, I'll just put it like this 'How about Survivors git gud instead of demanding Killer's tactics be removed to give them easier games?'

    Oh right; because if Survivors don't like something; Killers should change how they play. And mechanics should be put in place to remove Killer player agency.

    But if Killers don't like something; they need to 'git gud'.

    Toi put it another way; If camping was not rewarded by most the playerbase; Killers would not camp. Stop walking towards the camping Killer, and they will lose.

    Or you can keep blaming the Killer and demanding BHVR punish them for your bad plays. 🤪

    This.

    The best way to punish a hook camper is to go start gens, and it has pretty much always been that way.

  • But he does do it when necessary. Ive seen him do all 3

  • Also, survivors should stop tunneling gens if they don't want killers to tunnel their friends.

  • @Venzhas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2334277#Comment_2334277

    Thanks for being honnest killer main and showing the truth of our speech out there :)

    You learned absolutely nothing from this, did you?


    Just wow.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    DS has never been a true anti tunnelling perk. It’s been a slight hinderance to people who tunnel and if they are playing killers like blight nurse or spirit it might as well not exist

    Disagree, ds is amazing and since the event almost every game it's giving me mileage, unless you're in a really bad spot where the pallets are gone, ds has been a game loser for the killer many many times this last week. I might get facecamped on 2nd hook but everyone else gets out. that's a W

  • @Edgars_Raven said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2334319#Comment_2334319

    But he does do it when necessary. Ive seen him do all 3

    Yes when necessary, not at 5 gens.

  • Very few complaints on these forums include "at 5 gens"

    I agree face camping/tunneling at 5 gens is kinda sad. Also, i was responding to someone thats in reds that claims to NEVER camp/tunnel/slug yets gets 3 or 4 consistently. My point was, even ohtz cant say that so he must know some trick nobody else knows if he isnt full of ######### and should teach us

  • @Edgars_Raven said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2334505#Comment_2334505

    Very few complaints on these forums include "at 5 gens"

    I agree face camping/tunneling at 5 gens is kinda sad. Also, i was responding to someone thats in reds that claims to NEVER camp/tunnel/slug yets gets 3 or 4 consistently. My point was, even ohtz cant say that so he must know some trick nobody else knows if he isnt full of ######### and should teach us

    There is no trick to it, if you are good you won’t have to camp or tunnel even against the best survivors.

  • @aroell said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2334523#Comment_2334523

    There is no trick to it, if you are good you won’t have to camp or tunnel even against the best survivors.

    Then why cant the best killers in the world do it 🤔

  • If you're getting tunneled then keep making laps around the loop. They are guaranteed a loss.

  • @Venzhas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2334282#Comment_2334282

    Learn to read before ( trying to ) troll, we all use DS and BT here. We all sacrifice two perks slots for unfun perks because 90% of killer mains plays like jerks. So the entitled guy here is only you, ( the one that cant insert real emojis and making mistakes last line of his speech. ) you better say nothing when adults speaks

    okay... XD this is so eksdee i can't even understand what are you not understanding. You get to play how you want. and the killer gets to play how he wants. He is not a jerk because he tunnels, and he is not a Jerk because he camps. Its 100% entitlement if you think he should accommodate his playstyle to WHAT YOU WANT, when clearly you are not on the same team and don't share the same goal. Not to mention im born in like 1994 even tho i am immature, definitely not a kid XD thats another eksdee. You play the game for what is not what you want it to be. 99% of the times survivors unhook in bad scenarios and are under manned for the task. You want to unhook as a solo while the others all are pushing gens. thats only the tip of the iceberg of what actually happens in games, the fact that you don't understand that you are TELLING the other side how they should play because thats how you want them to play is utterly insane . broski there is 0 issue with tunneling or camping.

  • @Venzhas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2334282#Comment_2334282

    Learn to read before ( trying to ) troll, we all use DS and BT here. We all sacrifice two perks slots for unfun perks because 90% of killer mains plays like jerks. So the entitled guy here is only you, ( the one that cant insert real emojis and making mistakes last line of his speech. ) you better say nothing when adults speaks

    Ah yes, the 'We use meta because Killers are jerks' defense.

    Man, Survivor mains really will blame Killers for every single thing they don't like, huh?

  • @Venzhas said:

    Yeah another tunneling topic, yeah we know the song its a legit strategy but wow, now as a solo Q I feel lucky when i'm matched with someone that doesn't hard tunnel every game, or camp

    And there is most of the time no genrush, no toxicity, to me its not a question of counterplay, its just "i dont want to play fair, because i dont mind about other people fun so let's bully them for no reasons "

    I had to bring back my DS which is, even added to BT, still not enough to counter it in my opinion

    Plus this event is totally failed, the idea was to reunite people, but it divided more than ever.

    I cant imagine new players on DBD how this behavior can keep them playing ?

    This + lag issues = Unplayable game.

    No thanks

    The interesting part I found of your argument is stating that the killers attitude is "i dont want to play fair".

    Who defines what "fair" is? Sounds like you're attempting to impose Chapter 7 of The Survivors Rulebook for Killers.

    "Fair" is what's defined as acceptable gameplay by BHVR. They've stated innumerable times that tunnelling (and there are a myriad of definitions for that term as this thread has shown) is perfectly acceptable.

    The fact that other players don't want to play the game in a manner you prefer is, quite frankly, a "you" problem.

  • @spirit72 said:

    Let's see if I can explain a bit(Full Disclosure: I am a Survivor main, and occasional Killer):

    Not everything is tunneling. There are a number of reasons that a Killer might do what is referred to by Survivor as tunneling. On my own part, most of that 'tunneling' is due to overly aggressive and unsafe saves by Survivors. If you are going to unhook someone right under my nose(i.e. while the hook is still in my terror radius, and I don't need a noise notification to see that the save has happened), then I am going to punish you and your team for that unsafe save by knocking that Survivor over and hanging them right back up. Don't like that? Use Borrowed Time. If you're not going to use Borrowed, then either don't perform an unsafe save....or, accept the penalty.

    Another instance where Killers will tunnel for reasons is abusive play by Survivors. If you're going to exploit objects and geography, tryhard, flashlight spam, body-block a hook, or other blatantly exploitive ways to abuse the Killer and the game, I am going to run you down, knock you over, and hang you up. And in really egregious cases, I will camp you on top of it, and just shake my head at others when they come in to save. And sometimes, just sometimes, once the offending Survivor is sacked, I'll go open a gate and let the rest out, just to put a period at the end of the sentence.

    That said, some Killers do tunnel in a manner that either speaks to their inexperience(they don't yet realize that tunneling a Survivor for a whole minute plus is actually a gift to the Survivors), or, yes, they're deliberately being a tool, which is unfortunately going to happen from time to time.

    Just remember - when you decide to "punish" for an unsafe unhook by downing the unhooked survivor - you're punishing the wrong person. Chances are very good they are cursing up a blue streak on their side of the monitor about why someone who is being chased is trying to unhook. So the person you're punishing is the victim in the unsafe play, not the perpetrator. If you want to punish someone for making a bad play, at least punish the person actually doing it, not the victim of the action. I say that as someone who often has people come and unhook me who have no business doing so because the Killer is right behind them - it's not as though the person on the hook has any way to tell them not to.

  • I think people defending tunnelling so vocally don't see the bigger picture with this - it may be a 'legit' strategy, but by doing it from the beginning of a game, you are creating an unfun game for 4 other players - the one who is being tunnelled, plus their 3 team mates who get very little interaction with the killer while they are tunnelling. I don't like it whether I am the one being tunnelled or the team mate of someone who is, as the 'solution' proposed by most killers is 'oh just do gens then' which is fine, but that's boring. I want some balance and variety in the game - not either be tunnelled out of it, or sit on gens for a few minutes while someone else on my team is. Perhaps that's just me - shame on me for expecting a game to be fun and to be able to participate in all parts of it huh?

    Oh and I define tunnelling as situations where the killer will go out of their way to deliberately and consistently target one specific survivor, I have been in many situations where I have deliberately tried to get the killer to go for me instead if I'm not being tunnelled, or they have had obvious other targets when I am being tunnelled, and they don't. Are they obliged to? No. But is it a scummy way to play, that is going to put people off and discourage them from playing? Yes.

    If you don't see an issue with it as far as the health of the game in general goes, then good luck to you - enjoy your boring games where you tunnel people out of the game and then others quit or give up so you get your 4k because winning is more important than having fun.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2333652#Comment_2333652

    BT and DS don't deter killers anymore. I've taken to running BT every match because it's gotten so bad.

    IMO BT is the only mandatory survivor perk around now. The game is just not worth playing without it.

  • @Starshadw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2333583#Comment_2333583

    Just remember - when you decide to "punish" for an unsafe unhook by downing the unhooked survivor - you're punishing the wrong person. Chances are very good they are cursing up a blue streak on their side of the monitor about why someone who is being chased is trying to unhook. So the person you're punishing is the victim in the unsafe play, not the perpetrator. If you want to punish someone for making a bad play, at least punish the person actually doing it, not the victim of the action. I say that as someone who often has people come and unhook me who have no business doing so because the Killer is right behind them - it's not as though the person on the hook has any way to tell them not to.

    100% agree. That's what makes it feel so scummy.

  • Survivors doing gens is worse than ever! Stop defending it!

  • @JimbusCrimbus said:

    Survivors doing gens is worse than ever! Stop defending it!

    Survivors doing gens is an objective.

    Tunneling and other toxic behavior isn't an objective. It's a chosen tactic used by toxic Killer players to obtain their objective - hooks/sacrifices. Understand the difference. If you wanted to compare, you should have said "gen-rushing" because, like tunneling, it's a tactic.

  • Otz is tunnelling lmao.

    And he said once, kill one of the survivors before last 2 gens for win. And yes, he is right. Patrolling for last 2 gens with 4 survivors is nightmare. 3 survivors more easy.

  • @Hex_Husband said:

    2/10 bait post. The usual suspects come here to comment on why tunneling is bad without realizing they don't get tunneled/camped nearly as much as they think they do. The salt level is high but the base is still bland.

    Same as the jaded killer mains on this forum

    every game is against some seal team 6 sweat lord swf team with 4 purple flashlights and doing 5 gens in less that 2 minutes.

    you are all as bad as each other.

  • Just a reminder of a few things:


    The opponent is not responsible for what you consider 'fun'.

    I don't like getting smashed in fighting games. Does that mean I can tell my opponent to stop fighting as hard, aka 'stop playing like an ass'?


    The opponent should not be expected to farm, or give you free unhooks/hits/kills/escapes/gens or 'last hatch'.

    I see this all the time when I play; Survivors who get angry because I went for the 4K like 'sweaty killer'. Where did this sense of 'I lived longest, so I get a free escape' come from? And why does it never work in reverse? In 5 years of playing, a 4 man escape has NEVER given me a free kill.


    You don't get to make up rules on what you consider 'toxic'.

    Survivors don't get to tell Killers that they can't tunnel/camp/slug. I don't care how much it hurts your feelings when it happens. Likewise; Killer's can't tell Survivors that they can't genrush, twerk, and flashlight-clicky.

    If we extended this to other games, I'd have people raging at me in Overwatch because I used a voice line or taunt when I killed them.

    And you also realize YOU are making the game toxic for yourself? That Killer who tunneled you? Probably did it because you were wounded, not to 'ruin your game'. That Survivor who twerked after dropping a pallet? He's trying to make you chase him longer, NOT to 'be an ass'.

    It's less common that someone is trying to 'ruin your day', because most people are not the toxic trolls people think they are. But everyone wants to be the tragic hero in their own story, so that Killer just going for kills is a 'Toxic jerk who camped everyone' and that Survivor who twerked at 2 pallets turns into 'The jerk who twerked all the way out of the game'.

    Then they can 'fight to change the rules' and be the hero.


    Likewise; you don't get to decide what your opponent can and cannot do to win.

    I see it all the time on this forum. Mostly from Survivors demanding tunneling/camping/slugging be changed/removed/punished. Sorry, but that's the truth. You know why most games have set rules, and the players can't alter those rules?

    Because most players will try to find a way to use the rules against their opponent to make it easier to win.

    It DOES NOT MATTER how camping/slugging/tunneling/genrushing etc. make you feel; they are tools your opponent uses to win. The problem is not that you dislike the method; the problem is that you dislike losing.

    If tunneling did not work; would you still hate it? No.

    If camping never got a Killer a single kill, would you hate it? No.

    If slugging did not make you bleed out, would you hate it? No.

    If genrushing did not end matches in 5-6 minutes, would you hate it? No.

    The problem is not the method, it's the result.


    And THAT is why I will always, ALWAYS call out these threads for what they are, as well; thinly-veiled attempts to control the opponent & take away their tools for winning. IE: To give yourself an easier game.


    Does that mean that things should not be changed? No. Things can always be improved.

    In the vein of 'genrushing': If you were to add 20 seconds to each gen; that's an extra 1:40 to the match, which might make Killers camp less, as they would feel less pressured from the first second a game starts.

    I do remember, when DBD started, before gens were done at hyper speed; Killers did not camp because camping is boring, and they had the time to hunt for Survivors, and could give up unhooks while trusting their skill to get a new hook.

    Now; every chase is 2-3 gens done, and every hook is 'If they get free, I don't have the time to find someone new for 2 chases, so back up the wounded guy goes!'.

  • @Starshadw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2335761#Comment_2335761

    Survivors doing gens is an objective.

    Tunneling and other toxic behavior isn't an objective. It's a chosen tactic used by toxic Killer players to obtain their objective - hooks/sacrifices. Understand the difference. If you wanted to compare, you should have said "gen-rushing" because, like tunneling, it's a tactic.

    Killing survivors is an objective. Last time I checked, there was no rule to gatekeep how that objective is achieved.

    Tunneling isn't toxic. It's a legitimate strategy. You not liking something doesn't make it toxic. It makes you toxic for thinking you're entitled to be allowed to reset over and over.

  • I’m starting to wonder if tunneling and face camping is a “rank thing?” Red rank killers don’t need to do either & usually don’t for the most part. They tend to lean more so towards slugging (which IMO is fine) if the game is shifting away from them. Whenever we get rank reset and I end up with Purple or Green rank killers, I see an uptick in tunneling- especially green. This is just my experience, though. May be different for everyone else.

  • @KerJuice said:

    I’m starting to wonder if tunneling and face camping is a “rank thing?” Red rank killers don’t need to do either & usually don’t for the most part. They tend to lean more so towards slugging (which IMO is fine) if the game is shifting away from them. Whenever we get rank reset and I end up with Purple or Green rank killers, I see an uptick in tunneling- especially green. This is just my experience, though. May be different for everyone else.

    We must be going up against different red ranks. I would estimate that 80% of the red rank Killers I go up against engage in tunneling and camping. And it's no better on the survivor side, either. I can't count the number of times I've been in a match, aghast at the toxic behavior of a survivor, only to find out at the end they were red rank. Hell, just last night, last two survivors in the match are me and a Bill. I watched as he left me slugged on the ground - the Killer didn't hook me, just went looking for them, and they spent the entire time hiding in a locker / sneaking around the map, waiting for me to bleed out, whereupon they grabbed hatch. Yep, red rank.

  • This content has been removed.
  • I only defend tunneling when it's the killers only/last option. Otherwise, it's pathetic xd

  • Why are survivors camping and tunneling my gens? I kicked a hot gen - go and get another one. Why are you standing right in front of my eyes and running up to touch him as soon as I move away a little? Dirty campers and tunnelers. I want a perk similar to DS. Which destroy hot gen and spawns a new cold one in its place if survivor touches him within a minute after I kicked it.

    Sounds stupid, don't you? Survivors genrush to win faster. Killers camp and tunnel to win faster. Suddenly.

  • @Kira4Evr said:

    I only defend tunneling when it's the killers only/last option. Otherwise, it's pathetic xd

    When someone doesn't play the way I want, it's pathetic 😆

  • I play lots of the killer roster and I'll say this about tunneling. If you get unhooked and then sit around the area trying to self-care or just be cheeky while everyone else booked it...I'm going to down you all over again.

    I swear that 75% of the times I "tunnel" (hit the same person who was most recently unhooked) it's because they are potatoes and it would be dumb of me not to. Granted I'll take out the survivor through tunneling if it's clear they are the MVP. You bring a high rank into your low-level team and it's super obvious I'm going to rush them down. This is the best possible tactic to ensure I win the round and I won't self hinder the W to appease the other 4 players.

  • @Venzhas said:

    Yeah another tunneling topic, yeah we know the song its a legit strategy but wow, now as a solo Q I feel lucky when i'm matched with someone that doesn't hard tunnel every game, or camp

    And there is most of the time no genrush, no toxicity, to me its not a question of counterplay, its just "i dont want to play fair, because i dont mind about other people fun so let's bully them for no reasons "

    I had to bring back my DS which is, even added to BT, still not enough to counter it in my opinion

    Plus this event is totally failed, since they get tons of BP for playing like jerks. The idea was to reunite people, but it divided more than ever.

    I cant imagine new players on DBD how this behavior can keep them playing ?

    This + lag issues = Unplayable game.

    No thanks

    95% of the time tunneling is mischaracterized by survivors. I get accused of it by low level survivors when they make it into my game. Generally, they are hanging around hook, trying to be overly altruistic, not sneaky, bad at looping, dont have good map knowledge or how to play tiles, or generaly just salty. It is also not tunneling if someone is hooked in between you. I hear "tunneler" because someone dies on hook when only two others get hooked once.... but they are going for saves or unhooks.


    ALL OF THAT to say .... tunneling is as much of a strat as gen rushing.... looping.... flashlight saving .... abusing endurance perks... etc.

    It is a stupid arguement to have. It doesnt happen in red ranks very often. I have 3k hours and solo survivor for at least 1000 hours.... I have very few times that I have ever been tunneled and even if you get tunneled... go next. The more experience you have... the better you get at avoiding getting hit and the less chance you have of dying fast. Be introspective. Do people camp and hook? yes. Do survivors hide in lockers and not do gens? yes.

    When I got a new account to see what it was like to come up in 2021 to rank one.... the low levels

  • Define tunneling. People love blowing up that term. If you're the type that thinks that being on deathook, and the killer prioritizing you because of it is tunneling, suck it up. That's not what it means. No one should be expected to play handicapped for you.

    If it's the killer hooking you right after you're on the hook and there's a lot of gens left, my condolences.

  • so much hyperbole.

    I think you'll find the "Tunneling is worse than ever!" statement is more likely "I get angry when I feel tunneled and I'm always angriest after being tunneled and so its always worse than ever because I'm angriest about it now!".

    My game experience is no different than it was last week or the week before that, maybe a slight uptick in players that seem less experienced and a longer wait time for killer but a big DLC just dropped and there is an event on, you'd expect both those things.

    The only quantifiable gripe is the stutter and lag which seems really bad at the moment and makes me want to pause playing till things improve. People should be focusing on that as its a fixable performance issue affecting a number of players.

  • @nicnc82 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2333773#Comment_2333773

    Red rank killer. I NEVER tunnel and still get constant 3 and 4ks. I'm just that good I guess. Never camped or slug either.

    I'm consistently a rank 1 survivor every season and I've never experienced tunneling or camping and escape 70% of my matches. I guess I'm just that good.

1 2 3