Patch 5.0.2 is a joke right?

We're hoping this update will also help performance on the Raccoon City Police Station map, but we want to ensure it is stable enough to be reinstated for live games. We will be monitoring how the map is doing in custom games with these new changes and provide you all with an update soon.


Thank you for your patience as we continue to work on further improvements to the game’s performance!


We have reduced the overall visual quality on Switch to help improve performance. The game may still crash when played on the Raccoon City Police Station map, but less frequently. Rest assured, we are still working on ensuring that the new map does not crash on this platform.

Lmao it's been literal weeks since the patch came out and we STILL can't play on the new map. I'm also loving the "the map will still crash, but chill out it's not that bad" mentality. Why even push the patch out?


There are a bunch of minor bug fixes that probably affected some people but as far as I can see, this hotfix only did one thing.

Fixed an issue where completing a tutorial match with bots would cause customization and perks to be unequipped for all characters.

Fixing the tutorial that punished people for wanting to learn how to play the game and earn bloodpoints. What a joke of a patch -_-

Comments

  • @Pukenplag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319786#Comment_2319786

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319780#Comment_2319780

    Q1: If they would have known the cause of the issue, be sure it would have been fixed. They know the issue, but right now, if I ask you to tell me why it crashes and what needs to be repaired, can you tell me? Probably not, because you would have to investigate, and if you can't find the source, you can't repair anything. (If your car isn't starting, you now the issue, but in order to fix it, you have to know why it isn't starting)

    Q2: Valid feelings? Yes, of course. No one says they shouldn't be upset. But they also shouldn't trash down the company because they aren't able to find the source of the issue.

    1) had they done proper qa we wouldnt be having this conversation. This has been an ongoing issue for several years now on console, this update only made it worse. I understand they dont know what the problem is, that was fine 2 years ago and id have more sympathy were it not an ongoing problem made worse every chapter.

    2) After 2 years of broken promises and platitudes what do you expect people to do? Just keep taking it and being nice to daddy bhvr?

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319863#Comment_2319863

    Thing is though,as a company they are supposed to test all their updates before they release them in order to prevent major game breaking issues.

    But as we all know and already experienced it ourself,BHVR just doesn't do that.

    Like,at all.

    We have more than enough prove of this.

    So what is the responsible decision for a company in this situation?

    Delay the update until you're confident that it will work without major issues.The mature part of the community would be 100% ok with that.At the end of the day we all want a good and functioning update.

    But BHVR actively decides against acting in a responsible manner and continues to push out one broken update after another.

    So of course people will start to get more and more angrier

    It's completely BHVRs fault.

    I have glimpses of a time they delayed something ("Due to unforseen circumstances, the update has been postponed" - I think this is the quote), and I can tell you the community didn't react well.

    Case 1: They don't rush the update: people will whine about long wait times between chapters

    Case 2: They rush the chapter, so those people won't complain: bugs, and complaints.

    Case 3: They delay the update in order to deliver a good experience: people will still complain about how they don't keep their promises.

  • @Edgars_Raven said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319863#Comment_2319863

    1) had they done proper qa we wouldnt be having this conversation. This has been an ongoing issue for several years now on console, this update only made it worse. I understand they dont know what the problem is, that was fine 2 years ago and id have more sympathy were it not an ongoing problem made worse every chapter.

    2) After 2 years of broken promises and platitudes what do you expect people to do? Just keep taking it and being nice to daddy bhvr?

    Optimization is clearly something that after all this time should be adressed, but the current insults made due to the bugged map are still exagerated. Of course, everyone is angry that they can't play on the new map, but we should also understand that repairing it isn't done with a finger snap. This issue is 2 weeks old, and if something this serious hasn't been repaired, it means there are clearly problems occuring with the fixing.

  • @Pukenplag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319937#Comment_2319937

    I have glimpses of a time they delayed something ("Due to unforseen circumstances, the update has been postponed" - I think this is the quote), and I can tell you the community didn't react well.

    Case 1: They don't rush the update: people will whine about long wait times between chapters

    Case 2: They rush the chapter, so those people won't complain: bugs, and complaints.

    Case 3: They delay the update in order to deliver a good experience: people will still complain about how they don't keep their promises.

    I can't remember what update you're talking about.

    However,i can already tell you that people who are complaining about a delayed update are the immature part of the community and are most likely the vocal minority.

  • @Edgars_Raven said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319361#Comment_2319361

    I work in IT, as a developer for a specific piece of software. If I put something out this bugged Id be fired or at the very least seriously reprimanded. And if it took 2 weeks to fix we'd lose clients. Dont try and shame people for being upset. Their feelings are perfectly valid when they paid for the product.

    I'm also a software developer for an engineering company. If I released this kind of garbage and didn't fix CRITICAL issues within the first couple days I'd be most likely canned.

    There's absolutely no excuse for a company the size of bhvr with the resources they have to release a product this unstable and buggy when it's their only piece of software.

    They 100% deserve the amount of hate they are getting.

  • @WiiFitTrainer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319780#Comment_2319780

    I'm also a software developer for an engineering company. If I released this kind of garbage and didn't fix CRITICAL issues within the first couple days I'd be most likely canned.

    There's absolutely no excuse for a company the size of bhvr with the resources they have to release a product this unstable and buggy when it's their only piece of software.

    You see, you two guys spoke about what would happen to you - and it makes sense, you probably aren't developing a game with a playerbase so big that a few days with issues won't cost you anything.

    BHVR has this asset, which makes them have no pressure when it comes to fixing.

  • @Pukenplag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2320024#Comment_2320024

    You see, you two guys spoke about what would happen to you - and it makes sense, you probably aren't developing a game with a playerbase so big that a few days with issues won't cost you anything.

    BHVR has this asset, which makes them have no pressure when it comes to fixing.

    I would buy this, except much larger companies with much larger players have released much faster hot fixes than bhvr.

    I used to play world of warcraft for a long time and they would have hotfixes within the week at the latest if something was critically broken.

  • @WiiFitTrainer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2320036#Comment_2320036

    I would buy this, except much larger companies with much larger players have released much faster hot fixes than bhvr.

    I used to play world of warcraft for a long time and they would have hotfixes within the week at the latest if something was critically broken.

    You are upset like everyone about the bugged patch. But will the entire community leave the game due to it? Insignifincant amounts will. Therefore, they really don't need to hurry up with the fix.

  • @Pukenplag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2320041#Comment_2320041

    You are upset like everyone about the bugged patch. But will the entire community leave the game due to it? Insignifincant amounts will. Therefore, they really don't need to hurry up with the fix.

    You're right but since they continue to release bad chapter after chapter there's no denying its hurting their reputation which does lead to people leaving since it shows they don't really care about their player base.

  • @Pukenplag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319974#Comment_2319974

    Optimization is clearly something that after all this time should be adressed, but the current insults made due to the bugges map are still exagerated. Of course, everyone is angry that they can't play on the new map, but we should also understand that repairing it isn't done with a finger snap. This issue is 2 weeks old, and if something this serious hasn't been repaired, it means there are clearly problems occuring with the fixing.

    The issue is 2 years old, its been getting worse with almost every update. Im not trashing tgem, but i certainly get it and its not completely undeserved

  • @WiiFitTrainer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319780#Comment_2319780

    I'm also a software developer for an engineering company. If I released this kind of garbage and didn't fix CRITICAL issues within the first couple days I'd be most likely canned.

    There's absolutely no excuse for a company the size of bhvr with the resources they have to release a product this unstable and buggy when it's their only piece of software.

    Exactly. I dont even want to picture my bisses face if this were mine and my teams 😂

  • @Pukenplag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2320024#Comment_2320024

    You see, you two guys spoke about what would happen to you - and it makes sense, you probably aren't developing a game with a playerbase so big that a few days with issues won't cost you anything.

    BHVR has this asset, which makes them have no pressure when it comes to fixing.

    I think thats exactly the problem. No pressure, its why their qa system doesnt work. Thats why people getting upset is good. It creates a lot of pressure

  • Capcom has to be rather miffed at knowing that their most lucrative property is gaining bad word of mouth thanks to the ineptitude of BHVR constantly rushing out these chapters without proper testing. Can you imagine the sheer vitriol that other game companies like Activision would have to put up with if maps and content were this broken for COD?

  • I don't mind the new map not being enabled, it sucks anyways

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319287#Comment_2319287

    You guys wanted optimization. Graphics are gonna take a hit... this is what happened last time. I'm switching to my new PC Thursday, so I don't care anymore. Hopefully PC is still fine. Lol

    You know how pc has low, medium, high, ultra? You do that to console instead of keeping it with ultra settings and just making it render at 240p with gama turned down to the floor.

    They seriously need to retrain whoever is working on consoles because they are clueless.

  • Y'know, I finally tried out the new tutorial after they fixed that annoying "resets the build and appearance of all your characters" bug (FYI, it does still reset Dwight and Trapper).

    ...And it just made me really sad that they can't get the rest of the game to run like that on consoles. The bot modes were the smoothest matches I have EVER experienced in DbD. If only I were allowed to complete Rituals/Challenges/Rifts/etc using that mode instead of public matchmaking...

  • They say they fixed the tutorial bug, but my bf and I both got our characters’ load outs reset to base after doing it today, so I would still be cautious.

  • @APoipleTurtle said:

    Y'know, I finally tried out the new tutorial after they fixed that annoying "resets the build and appearance of all your characters" bug (FYI, it does still reset Dwight and Trapper).

    ...And it just made me really sad that they can't get the rest of the game to run like that on consoles. The bot modes were the smoothest matches I have EVER experienced in DbD. If only I were allowed to complete Rituals/Challenges/Rifts/etc using that mode instead of public matchmaking...

    I was genuinely surprised how good the bots were. They did 2 gens against me, claudette dropped pallet shack in my face and I'm pretty sure dwight tbagged me mid-chase. I loved it. If only everything in this game were steadily improving :/

  • @Astrian said:

    We're hoping this update will also help performance on the Raccoon City Police Station map, but we want to ensure it is stable enough to be reinstated for live games. We will be monitoring how the map is doing in custom games with these new changes and provide you all with an update soon.

    Thank you for your patience as we continue to work on further improvements to the game’s performance!

    We have reduced the overall visual quality on Switch to help improve performance. The game may still crash when played on the Raccoon City Police Station map, but less frequently. Rest assured, we are still working on ensuring that the new map does not crash on this platform.

    Lmao it's been literal weeks since the patch came out and we STILL can't play on the new map. I'm also loving the "the map will still crash, but chill out it's not that bad" mentality. Why even push the patch out?

    There are a bunch of minor bug fixes that probably affected some people but as far as I can see, this hotfix only did one thing.

    Fixed an issue where completing a tutorial match with bots would cause customization and perks to be unequipped for all characters.

    Fixing the tutorial that punished people for wanting to learn how to play the game and earn bloodpoints. What a joke of a patch -_-

    The tutorial one only really mattered for people who already know how to play the game and wanted the BP, people who are new dont really have 10 characters unlocked with all slots filled.

    As for the RPD, it makes sense to upload part 1 of the patch early on and see what it does in custom games, rather than to upload the entire patch as once and end up screwing people over. This is the smart way to upload a patch.

    Besides, there are plenty of maps to play, the RPD, while nice to look at, isnt really special when it comes down to gameplay. There is nothing unique that RPD has that isnt available in other maps. While Midwich has a secret chest that can be unlocked. Temple of Purgatory has a secret chest and gates that open up. The Game has dynamic map changes where doors remain closed or get opened depending on the gens done. What does RPD have that sets it apart from other maps?

    That's why it doesnt really matter that the RPD is disabled. Besides, its an anniversary map, so as long as it works during the anniversary and beyond, why get so mad about it?

  • Stop buying cells or play less when they see their numbers go down they'll eventually do something.

  • @Unifall said:

    Stop buying cells or play less when they see their numbers go down they'll eventually do something.

    I personally have already started doing so, but most people will keep on buying stuff.

    it's like 20 days of frame rate drops by now, I can't pay for such a mess

  • @Pukenplag said:

    I absolutely love people talking about the new map not being back yet. Here's the trick: before they fix something, they must find the cause of the issue. And if they can't manage to find what causes the crashing, they can't fix it. People always talk about how bugs aren't fixed, but no one ever questions what bug fixing takes.

    People need to chill and look at some gamedev tutorials to observe that all these issues aren't fixed by pressing the fix button.

    People are angry because these are bugs in the first place. BHVR is the only Game dev I know that I expect a crap ton of bugs to hit every patch. I'm even expecting more bugs to drop tomorrow for the Anniversary event like last year. As players/Customers we should expect a perfect product that we payed not broken piece of crap. Players should be rightfully angry on the recent updates.

  • @Jago said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319292#Comment_2319292

    Actually, nothing would have been better.

    The frames are worse now.

    Definitely worse for me on PS4. Some of the lag spikes I dealt with tonight we're just incredible.

  • I dont know why people are surprised the devs would release a patch and content that doesnt work and isn't ready. We veteran players call this "the usual."

  • Your complaint is right if they are professional, but they aren't. Remember BHVR was obscure company just a few years ago. They do not have knowhows about coding and verification management, in short, they are amateur developers yet.

  • @WiiFitTrainer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2320042#Comment_2320042

    You're right but since they continue to release bad chapter after chapter there's no denying its hurting their reputation which does lead to people leaving since it shows they don't really care about their player base.

    Still very unlikely, but at some point, their lack of seriousness will probably become just another meme.

    With all the good and bad, people like the game, and causing such a big playerbase to leave requires more than releasing a bugged mettre à jour.

    Also, if you're a dev, can you tell me how come the ptb map was just fine, but the real one is so bugged?

  • @memento said:

    Your complaint is right if they are professional, but they aren't. Remember BHVR was obscure company just a few years ago. They do not have knowhows about coding and verification management, in short, they are amateur developers yet.

    I can't tell if this is serious or not. BHVR has over 600 employees, obviously not all of them are coders or even game devs but you're telling me not a single one of them knows how to properly code and bug test?

  • @Pukenplag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319786#Comment_2319786

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2319780#Comment_2319780

    Q1: If they would have known the cause of the issue, be sure it would have been fixed. They know the issue, but right now, if I ask you to tell me why it crashes and what needs to be repaired, can you tell me? Probably not, because you would have to investigate, and if you can't find the source, you can't repair anything. (If your car isn't starting, you now the issue, but in order to fix it, you have to know why it isn't starting)

    Q2: Valid feelings? Yes, of course. No one says they shouldn't be upset. But they also shouldn't trash down the company because they aren't able to find the source of the issue.

    They've fixed way bigger problems in no time in the past. The know what the problem is. They are just very slow.

1 2 ›