patchnotes are out and....

... I'm not impressed. Judging by them the core issue that killed people's consoles and cpus seems to still be there.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    One has to wonder: if this were a higher profile game, would it get pulled from the Playstation Store like Cyberpunk did? It's actually ridiculous how poor the quality control is. And even after this hotfix they still haven't enabled the map that people paid for in the DLC.

    Who is out here buying DLC for a map that does not require you to buy DLC for, as is the case for every new map before it?

    The DBD playerbase is so melodramatic.

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2298632#Comment_2298632

    yeah, cause hell beware people have fun mix-and-matching.

    Like, I get sets when it's using complete new meshes like Krampus or Minotaur. but everything else shows a certain level of incompetence (not as high/low as the one when it comes to optimizing though)

    If you want to mix and match don't buy a linked outfit then. It's that simple. I understand the desire to want to do that with everything but sometimes you can't. especially if they're licensed outfits.

  • @WiiFitTrainer said:

    I didn't see anything about clown being fixed because his bottles are busted but thank god they fixed a brief animation bug when rescuing from pyramid head cages >.>

    This actually made me mad enough to immediately go test this, find out he's still broken and make a forum account just to bug report the issue as fast as possible. Holy #########.

  • @Ryan489x said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2298646#Comment_2298646

    If you want to mix and match don't buy a linked outfit then. It's that simple. I understand the desire to want to do that with everything but sometimes you can't. especially if they're licensed outfits.

    As said: with some sets linking them makes sense, but are you seriously telling me there is a goddamn reason for kate's flowercrown or jane's goddesshair to not be separate? Like, the dresses there, okay, they have meshes that don't line up with the rest, but the heads?

  • @Clowning said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2298739#Comment_2298739

    This actually made me mad enough to immediately go test this, find out he's still broken and make a forum account just to bug report the issue as fast as possible. Holy #########.

    Wait, so Clown is still bugged?

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2298984#Comment_2298984

    As said: with some sets linking them makes sense, but are you seriously telling me there is a goddamn reason for kate's flowercrown or jane's goddesshair to not be separate? Like, the dresses there, okay, they have meshes that don't line up with the rest, but the heads?

    that's the reason right there. They don't want the character models to look like a patched together mess. Even though we know the game itself is exactly that.

  • @Mandy said:

    I feel your frustration on this and have similar frustrations - I play the game too! But this is something that the team is actively working on and more fixes will be on the way :( Sadly not eveything is going to be an easy fix.

    Appreciate again what you guys are trying to do for us. And forget what I said about keys earlier, fixing the performance issues is a bigger priority right now.

  • @Ryan489x said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2298989#Comment_2298989

    that's the reason right there. They don't want the character models to look like a patched together mess. Even though we know the game itself is exactly that.

    it's just a head cosmetic. it's not even one with anything superspecial that would continue in the rest of the cosmetics.

  • @Clowning said:

    DESCRIPTION

    If a Survivor is directly hit with an Afterpiece Tonic, the Hindered status is not applied and neither is the visual distortion. On top of that, if a Survivor is standing still and is directly hit, the scream occurs, but the Survivor first needs to move in order to receive all the debuffs that are supposed to occur while under the effects of an Afterpiece Tonic cloud. Meaning they can simply stand in a cloud without any hindrance.

    Replication is very simple:

    Step 1: Directly hit a survivor with an Afterpiece Tonic

    Step 2a: If standing still, the Survivor screams but no debuff of any kind is applied until they move.

    Step 2b: If running in a straight line, it is entirely possible to outrun the cloud before any debuff is applied.

    ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

    • Character played: Clown

    Yes. And after testing it thoroughly, it's even worse than one might think. I literally cannot comprehend how something like this goes unnoticed, especially given how simple it is to replicate.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2298867#Comment_2298867

    If a lot of the bugs fixed on this update were on PTB already, why not delay the chapter? All Kill was delayed and it dropped without major problems. Then you have the biggest license DBD has got until this day and 1/3 of the chapter is disabled and the game is straight up unplayable for the majority of the playerbase 1 week after...

    The chapter release date was announced before the ptb even went live. At least with other chapters that got "delayed" they never technically gave us a release date so they were never committed to releasing it out 3 weeks later.

  • @Clowning said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2298739#Comment_2298739

    This actually made me mad enough to immediately go test this, find out he's still broken and make a forum account just to bug report the issue as fast as possible. Holy #########.

    I'm really not surprised but thanks for taking the time to test.

    Bhvr clearly doesn't know what a hot fix is..

    A hot fix is supposed to fix critical issues, you know like clown bottles being useless. Instead most of this patch is trivial fixes related to animations and cosmetics

  • Having read the patch notes, I have to say that as a console player my disappointment is immeasurable. I'm disappointed that the chapter was allowed to release in this state, and I'm disappointed by the official Dead by Daylight twitter responding to a question asking about a fix for performance issues.

    I understand that it isn't easy, and that not all bugs are equal but performance issues should absolutely take priority. I say should, because that's an ideal, and I know it isn't realistic but, as a consumer, I expect better.

    The experience on PS4 is miserable. Between frame drops and tunneling killers, it's hard to have patience and enjoy the game.

    20210623_023532.jpg


  • @Clowning said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2298990#Comment_2298990

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/260081/patch-5-0-1-clowns-bottles-still-bugged

    Yes. And after testing it thoroughly, it's even worse than one might think. I literally cannot comprehend how something like this goes unnoticed, especially given how simple it is to replicate.

    plague and deathslinger's projectiles are ALSO still bugged (as in: animations play and all, but no infection/spearing registers)...

    I think these might be related bugs, as it feels they managed to screw up a variable for ranged attacks

  • @Clowning said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2298990#Comment_2298990

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/260081/patch-5-0-1-clowns-bottles-still-bugged

    Yes. And after testing it thoroughly, it's even worse than one might think. I literally cannot comprehend how something like this goes unnoticed, especially given how simple it is to replicate.

    Someone pick up the phone, because I CALLED he wouldn't be fixed in this patch. Classic Behavior.

    Looks like I won the bet with @Pulsar.

  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2299008#Comment_2299008

    Someone pick up the phone, because I CALLED he wouldn't be fixed in this patch. Classic Behavior.

    Looks like I won the bet with @Pulsar.

    Dammit, more GM Adept Legion

  • Good luck ;)

    Real talk, it's unacceptable how a killer can just get broken like this and not be fixed immediately.

  • what about fixing having free iron will when injured I get that constantly where my survivor will make no pain noises

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    what about fixing having free iron will when injured I get that constantly where my survivor will make no pain noises

    The no sound bug has been in the game for like a year, and I doubt it's ever gonna be fixed.

  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2299030#Comment_2299030

    Good luck ;)

    Real talk, it's unacceptable how a killer can just get broken like this and not be fixed immediately.

    Instead of playing Clown, we've become one.

  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2299047#Comment_2299047

    The no sound bug has been in the game for like a year, and I doubt it's ever gonna be fixed.

    Wanna bet if someone coding as hobby would dive into the code they'd take less than a weekend to find what causes it?

  • Behavior bamboozled us into thinking we bought a good game.

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2299052#Comment_2299052

    Wanna bet if someone coding as hobby would dive into the code they'd take less than a weekend to find what causes it?

    Yep.

  • I'm more in disbelief they didn't fix the bug where Clown's bottles literally just do not function.

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2299062#Comment_2299062

    wait, we can't both bet on that that would be the case D=

    Then I guess it's less of a bet and more of us both agreeing that Behavior sucks at fixing bugs, and that someone else could probably do their job better than them.

  • @QwQw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2299069#Comment_2299069

    Then I guess it's less of a bet and more of us both agreeing that Behavior sucks at fixing bugs, and that someone else could probably do their job better than them.

    yeah, like... they say they don't 'code' with blueprint anymore, but these bugs? either they still do or need to get back to it...

    I have only a very basic understanding of coding (working with ChoiceScript), but damn, I can take very good guesses as to WHAT went wonky to cause these bugs.

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2299084#Comment_2299084

    yeah, like... they say they don't 'code' with blueprint anymore, but these bugs? either they still do or need to get back to it...

    I have only a very basic understanding of coding (working with ChoiceScript), but damn, I can take very good guesses as to WHAT went wonky to cause these bugs.

    At this point, the devs really need to just shut down the game and rewrite the spaghetti code. It would go a long way for improving the game's health.

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    At this point: Please, devs, contact the folks that make warframe and have them have a look at your game and then listen to them how to fix it.

    Cause, folks, whatever you might think about warframe, in terms of optimization, accessibility and customization it's lightyears ahead of dbd at a smaller team.

    Isn't it like really good in Warframe? I haven't played it in a while, but I remember having LOADS of things happening on my screen at maximum graphics and hardly ever having frame drops, is this still true?

  • Just saying... Just saying....


    If the out fits were never linked in the first place (Which is what the community would like to see), this never would have been an issue...


    Just saying... BHVR making their own problems happen as usual

  • @Yords said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2298693#Comment_2298693

    Isn't it like really good in Warframe? I haven't played it in a while, but I remember having LOADS of things happening on my screen at maximum graphics and hardly ever having frame drops, is this still true?

    yep.

    i only briefly played lately, but even my definitely not made for games laptop can run it. it stutters a little when there's really A MASSIVE LOT going on (like the hubs) but otherwise...

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2299138#Comment_2299138

    yep.

    i only briefly played lately, but even my definitely not made for games laptop can run it. it stutters a little when there's really A MASSIVE LOT going on (like the hubs) but otherwise...

    Otherwise BHVR, a company with about twice as many employees, can't fix the only game they have. It is also the only successful game they have as well.

  • @Yords said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2299161#Comment_2299161

    Otherwise BHVR, a company with about twice as many employees, can't fix the only game they have. It is also the only successful game they have as well.

    I'd say the first thing to do would:

    Turn off particles that have not been there before, let's say the SH chapter. Will the maps look a bit more boring? sure. but that way we can check if there's something with the particle animations etc that's causing these massive drops etc.

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2299052#Comment_2299052

    Wanna bet if someone coding as hobby would dive into the code they'd take less than a weekend to find what causes it?

    Nah they would lose their sanity seeing the chaos in the code and praise the coming of a miracle in form of this mess still working at all.

  • That's some big ass list of fixes lmfao the game is completely broken and they still have bugs to fix along with new map fix 😂

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2299056#Comment_2299056

    Nah they would lose their sanity seeing the chaos in the code and praise the coming of a miracle in form of this mess still working at all.

    bold of you to assume coders are sane to begin with

  • @PyroDude said:

    I didn't see anything about nemesis giving survivors a speed boost when infecting them.

    I was hoping they would change that in this patch

    If they do any change to nemesis it will be in the mid chapter patch or in 3 month after they wont touch him for a good 2 year

  • True my late best friend was one and he was as (in)sane as I am XD

  • @Mandy said:

    I feel your frustration on this and have similar frustrations - I play the game too! But this is something that the team is actively working on and more fixes will be on the way :( Sadly not eveything is going to be an easy fix.

    Yeah, no need for the customer support PR strategy.

    A team of 300+ is working on this issue, and yet all of these other minor issues needed to be fixed first?

    According to BHVR, cosmetic issues are somehow more important than the massive FPS dips and how the new content is unplayable. You say they're "working on it" but clearly they weren't, they were fixing irrelevant issues instead, this hotfix patch literally proves it.

    I'd be surprised if Capcom or ANY licenser ever works with BHVR again, the fact that the RPD had to get disabled extremely quickly is very telling and I'm sure it's pissed Capcom off.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2298657#Comment_2298657

    I get that, but supposedly the team has been "working" on Optimization for at least 2 years.

    Just like they were working on the Colorblind mode since forever but it never made it to the live game until the polemic with the dev statement during live.

  • @Thytuz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2298663#Comment_2298663

    Just like they were working on the Colorblind mode since forever but it never made it to the live game until the polemic with the dev statement during live.

    I'm honestly thinking they're dragging their feet, or they aren't hiring more devs to work on these faster. Cote said they want to work on DBD "for years to come" but their track record so far has not been very promising.

  • @OopsAllHexes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2298657#Comment_2298657

    Yeah, no need for the customer support PR strategy.

    A team of 300+ is working on this issue, and yet all of these other minor issues needed to be fixed first?

    According to BHVR, cosmetic issues are somehow more important than the massive FPS dips and how the new content is unplayable. You say they're "working on it" but clearly they weren't, they were fixing irrelevant issues instead, this hotfix patch literally proves it.

    I'd be surprised if Capcom or ANY licenser ever works with BHVR again, the fact that the RPD had to get disabled extremely quickly is very telling and I'm sure it's pissed Capcom off.

    The issues in the patch today were probably being worked on for weeks (before the RE chapter released). I'm sure they are aware of the issues and are working to fix them.

  • @OopsAllHexes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2299555#Comment_2299555

    I'm honestly thinking they're dragging their feet, or they aren't hiring more devs to work on these faster. Cote said they want to work on DBD "for years to come" but their track record so far has not been very promising.

    For years to come = while it gives them free money for almost 0 effort.

    Just check the last updates and events, they just recicle everything and when they really have to do something completely new (twins, trickster and RE updates) they break the ENTIRE game. I mean, how is that even possible? Meanwhile new skins are coming to the game every other week and if they come bugged or something they fix it almost immediately.


    Remember the cliff bug? Game breaking and it was in the game for more than a month

    Remember the pallets completely not stunning the killer and hits getting through it? Game breaking and it stayed in the game for almost 3 weeks.

    Remember grabs (catches) dont working at all? IT IS STILL IN THE GAME...

    I though Valve was bad at handling games but damn, BHVR really step the bar up

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2299520#Comment_2299520

    The issues in the patch today were probably being worked on for weeks (before the RE chapter released). I'm sure they are aware of the issues and are working to fix them.

    "Probably"? Um, we have evidence to show that isn't the case. A entire list just came out that revealed what they were spending their time on. And if we just use simple logic, if it was being fixed "for weeks" it SHOULD be done by this point. Otherwise that is just incompetence at it's core, and demonstration of how BHVR clearly isn't capable of supporting DBD "for years".

    You want the truth? They ARE aware, but they refuse to hire more coders or they have bad priorities. Like I said before, they prioritized COSMETIC SETS over FPS DIPS. My logic is airtight because I have data to go off of, nothing you've said here refutes what I said prior.

  • @OopsAllHexes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2299555#Comment_2299555

    I'm honestly thinking they're dragging their feet, or they aren't hiring more devs to work on these faster. Cote said they want to work on DBD "for years to come" but their track record so far has not been very promising.

    I believe it's a testing/quality assurance issue (it doesn't exist).

    Bhvr probably has like 1/3 of their total staff working on development and testing which probably totals in the dozens of people.

    Yet your telling me they can't be arsed to spend 5 seconds checking if hindered is working for Clown bottles after they obviously were messing with the way hindered works?

    Unbelievable.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    One has to wonder: if this were a higher profile game, would it get pulled from the Playstation Store like Cyberpunk did? It's actually ridiculous how poor the quality control is. And even after this hotfix they still haven't enabled the map that people paid for in the DLC.

    I mean ... teeeeeeeeechnically we didn't pay for the map, it's in the rotation for everybody, tho personally if we ever got any "serios" rank changes like a map BAN or two per side, ow i'd ban RPD every game. Survivor or Killer...

  • @Avignon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2298639#Comment_2298639

    I mean ... teeeeeeeeechnically we didn't pay for the map, it's in the rotation for everybody, tho personally if we ever got any "serios" rank changes like a map BAN or two per side, ow i'd ban RPD every game. Survivor or Killer...

    Ah, but we DID pay for the RE chapter. Which was Nemesis... who has performance issues.

  • @WiiFitTrainer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2299560#Comment_2299560

    I believe it's a testing/quality assurance issue (it doesn't exist).

    Bhvr probably has like 1/3 of their total staff working on development and testing which probably totals in the dozens of people.

    Yet your telling me they can't be arsed to spend 5 seconds checking if hindered is working for Clown bottles after they obviously were messing with the way hindered works?

    Unbelievable.

    TBH, they probably don't have all of their staff on this game... but why are they boasting about having 300+ employees now if they aren't expanding the team then? Do you think we care about having another manager we'll never get to see, or another fresh out of college artist or something instead of more coders who can actually fix the game? Or, y'know, a new balance team? :)

    Boasting about expanding your staff so much on a game-related stream carries the implicit meaning that those 300 employees includes MORE people who can work on the core game itself. And not do more "side" things like advertising or whatever BHVR decided to waste money on.

  • 300 Employees 297 working on cosmetics.

  • @Guest1567432 said:

    300 Employees 297 working on cosmetics.

    And still we have no poncho for deathslinger, and no nice dungarees for claudette

  • @WiiFitTrainer said:

    I didn't see anything about clown being fixed because his bottles are busted but thank god they fixed a brief animation bug when rescuing from pyramid head cages >.>

    I'm sorry- Clown's bottles are busted? lol

1 2 3