Breakable Walls to OP only burden to killer

I think with all new reworked map, breakable walls really not helpful to killer, somehow this RNG breakable walls only be a burden to killer when we want to chase survivor. Indeed in chasing period, breakable walls only be a blocker and destroy tempo of killer ryhtm in chasing survivor

Comments

  • For certain maps having certain walls blocked off actually helps immensely, Badham comes to mind immediately. If that door to the right of the school wasn't closed, there would be a much stronger loop for survivors.

  • That´s exactly what they are. They create infinite loops and throw a breakable wall near it so they can say "just break the door and you break the infinite", instead of just.... not creating this bullshit layouts. It's a free chase escape for the first Survivor being chased there.

    There only fair breakable wall is at the Killer shack in the Saloon map.

  • Seeing as survivors don't have any way to interact with breakable walls, I highly doubt the devs intended for them to benefit killer.

  • "too op"? I guarantee you will NEVER lose a game because of breakable Walls.

    (Except when you open a breakable Wall which favors Survivors, but this is on you then)

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    "too op"? I guarantee you will NEVER lose a game because of breakable Walls.

    (Except when you open a breakable Wall which favors Survivors, but this is on you then)

    Eh, Dead Dawg has walls that turn the Saloon into a nigntmare.

    Groaning Storehouse has the infinite.

    Wretched Shop can also have its infinite.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2298574#Comment_2298574

    Eh, Dead Dawg has walls that turn the Saloon into a nigntmare.

    Groaning Storehouse has the infinite.

    Wretched Shop can also have its infinite.

    Then break the wall(s). If you dont break the Walls and complain about Infinites, I dont really know what to say anymore.

  • Remove them. Reduce them to atoms.

    Nothing but a bad mechanic, that no one asked for.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2298585#Comment_2298585

    Then break the wall(s). If you dont break the Walls and complain about Infinites, I dont really know what to say anymore.

    Why do the infinite's need to be there in the first place?

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2298588#Comment_2298588

    Why do the infinite's need to be there in the first place?

    Why do you complain about something which can be dealt with as Killer?

    I swear, Killers are so sensitive - "OH NO, they added INFINITES!!!111 Yes, I can break the Wall, but I still wont do that and I will still call them Infinites!!11".

    Some facts for you:

    • Breakable Walls will stay
    • Breakable Walls will be used on more Maps
    • Just adapt

    Really, I hate them as well, but the Devs will not go away from them, so just deal with them. Its not like it makes Killer unplayable at all. Not even close, Killer is still the easiest it has ever been (and IMO too easy currently), despite Breakable Walls.

    At least it gives something to some Main Buildings, like Coal Tower (which was considered a balanced Map before they reworked it) or Ironworks. Same goes for Wretched Shop, the Window can at least be used once with the breakable Wall. The only problematic Main Structure is the Storehouse and this not even because of the window next to the breakable Wall, but because of the other Window which is very strong.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2298611#Comment_2298611

    Why do you complain about something which can be dealt with as Killer?

    I swear, Killers are so sensitive - "OH NO, they added INFINITES!!!111 Yes, I can break the Wall, but I still wont do that and I will still call them Infinites!!11".

    Some facts for you:

    • Breakable Walls will stay
    • Breakable Walls will be used on more Maps
    • Just adapt

    Really, I hate them as well, but the Devs will not go away from them, so just deal with them. Its not like it makes Killer unplayable at all. Not even close, Killer is still the easiest it has ever been (and IMO too easy currently), despite Breakable Walls.

    At least it gives something to some Main Buildings, like Coal Tower (which was considered a balanced Map before they reworked it) or Ironworks. Same goes for Wretched Shop, the Window can at least be used once with the breakable Wall. The only problematic Main Structure is the Storehouse and this not even because of the window next to the breakable Wall, but because of the other Window which is very strong.

    It's the fact that they are a decent idea implemented terribly.

    Let Survivors be in control of them.

    If they want to sacrifice a pallet to build a breakable wall, I'd be fine with it. It's the fact that breakable walls just passively exist that bugs me.

    It's totally uninteractive and uninteresting for both sides,

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2298611#Comment_2298611

    Why do you complain about something which can be dealt with as Killer?

    I swear, Killers are so sensitive - "OH NO, they added INFINITES!!!111 Yes, I can break the Wall, but I still wont do that and I will still call them Infinites!!11".

    Some facts for you:

    • Breakable Walls will stay
    • Breakable Walls will be used on more Maps
    • Just adapt

    Really, I hate them as well, but the Devs will not go away from them, so just deal with them. Its not like it makes Killer unplayable at all. Not even close, Killer is still the easiest it has ever been (and IMO too easy currently), despite Breakable Walls.

    At least it gives something to some Main Buildings, like Coal Tower (which was considered a balanced Map before they reworked it) or Ironworks. Same goes for Wretched Shop, the Window can at least be used once with the breakable Wall. The only problematic Main Structure is the Storehouse and this not even because of the window next to the breakable Wall, but because of the other Window which is very strong.

    To be 100% honest, I prefer to deal with god-tier windows from the past (Ironworks, Torment Creek, Groaning Storehouse, and the list goes on) than to deal with breakable walls. It is not their strength that bothers me, it is the fact that they are annoying.

    God-tier windows > Breakable Walls

  • @smart212 said:

    I think with all new reworked map, breakable walls really not helpful to killer, somehow this RNG breakable walls only be a burden to killer when we want to chase survivor. Indeed in chasing period, breakable walls only be a blocker and destroy tempo of killer ryhtm in chasing survivor

    the breakable walls on the game make the map one whole deathtrap. I played several games with map offerings on the game, and got a 4k every game. there is noowhere to hide anymore, and with the breakable walls, nowhere to run.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2298636#Comment_2298636

    To be 100% honest, I prefer to deal with god-tier windows from the past (Ironworks, Torment Creek, Groaning Storehouse, and the list goes on) than to deal with breakable walls. It is not their strength that bothers me, it is the fact that they are annoying.

    God-tier windows > Breakable Walls

    Clearly not.

    Like, if I take Ironworks for example, I just hated it when a Survivor was ignoring every Structure next to them and just beelined to the Window. Then they reworked it and the Main Building did not have anything meaningful. Now you can use the Upstairs at least, but only one time, which is alright for me.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2298721#Comment_2298721

    Clearly not.

    Like, if I take Ironworks for example, I just hated it when a Survivor was ignoring every Structure next to them and just beelined to the Window. Then they reworked it and the Main Building did not have anything meaningful. Now you can use the Upstairs at least, but only one time, which is alright for me.

    Well, I prefer to deal with that than Breakable Walls. But to each their own.

    Just sharing an opinion here.

  • Breakable Walls could be a interesting mechanic for Survivor, they need to gather materials and construct them.

    It turns less annoying because it's just not a free escape without efforts, they actually lost their time on generators in building them. I find them annoyong because they're there by default.

    This mechanic could slow down the generators too, since it's another object which helps Survivors.

  • @Kees_T said:

    That´s exactly what they are. They create infinite loops and throw a breakable wall near it so they can say "just break the door and you break the infinite", instead of just.... not creating this bullshit layouts. It's a free chase escape for the first Survivor being chased there.

    There only fair breakable wall is at the Killer shack in the Saloon map.

    Or make a new mechanic where the survivor can build the wall so the killer has to break it

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2298566#Comment_2298566

    Or make a new mechanic where the survivor can build the wall so the killer has to break it

    That's literally my idea ;-; I posted just above your post.

  • @Kees_T said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2298830#Comment_2298830

    That's literally my idea ;-; I posted just above your post.

    There was a whole thread talking about it where there’s 2 types of walls Survivor and killer. The killer wall is up the killer has the option to pull it down so he can block that path but if he’s unhappy he can break the wall. Then there’s survivor like I said they can build a wall to create a infinite so the killer needs to break it

  • Breakable walls that you have to break or lose are just "pre-dropped god pallets". I wonder if they weigh them as heavily as god pallets for map generation.

  • @Kees_T said:

    That´s exactly what they are. They create infinite loops and throw a breakable wall near it so they can say "just break the door and you break the infinite", instead of just.... not creating this bullshit layouts. It's a free chase escape for the first Survivor being chased there.

    There only fair breakable wall is at the Killer shack in the Saloon map.

    True, breakable walls' sole existence is only to make sure that BHVR doesn't have to put in effort creating maps. It allows them to be more lazy with design instead of making actual good and balanced maps.

  • I hate how they ruined the maps with walls when they changed all the busted windows by adding the holes beside them the maps were pitch perfect

  • Breakable walls allow survivors to have strong windows, without them being an issue all game if the killer so decides to cut it off.

    Win/lose for both sides

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2298585#Comment_2298585

    Then break the wall(s). If you dont break the Walls and complain about Infinites, I dont really know what to say anymore.

    You seem to miss the part where this is a bullshit mechanic, that nobody asked for, that slows down a killer's momentum and removes pressure from the game. And they HAVE to do it, to make certain loops counterable? Yeah, bullshit on that.

  • @Kryatin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2298588#Comment_2298588

    You seem to miss the part where this is a bullshit mechanic, that nobody asked for, that slows down a killer's momentum and removes pressure from the game. And they HAVE to do it, to make certain loops counterable? Yeah, bullshit on that.

    And again - you wont lose a game because you have to break one breakable Wall (on the most Maps this is the amount of walls to break). The "problem" gets blown up way too much.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    i agree revert changes and bring back infinites

    they added breakable walls to places that already had open doorways, all breakable walls did is add a chore for killers to do on certain maps if they want to play the game

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    I hate how they ruined the maps with walls when they changed all the busted windows by adding the holes beside them the maps were pitch perfect

    How can something be busted and pitch perfect at the same time?

  • The only map that has done the breakable walls right is Dead Dawg, and even then there's some mandatory walls you have to break. The breakable walls at the TL and shack need to be implemented in other maps. The rest of the walls in the map though are either a waste of time or make the loops for survivors even stronger when broken. Why would you make them that way?

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2299195#Comment_2299195

    And again - you wont lose a game because you have to break one breakable Wall (on the most Maps this is the amount of walls to break). The "problem" gets blown up way too much.

    Breakable walls just amplify the previous problem of map layouts and tiles.

    It was the laziest possible way to deal with them and gave the devs the excuse of saying “we made a way for you to get rid of them”.

    Why could they have not changed fixed tile spawns so that infinites are no longer a thing, instead of just slapping as someone earlier in the thread said “a pre-dropped god pallet”.

    Such a lazy design choice.