Really, Daytime Cornfield again???

Am I the only person who is sick to death of that map already???

Dont we have any other maps on DBD or do we have to play the daytime cornfield every freaking match all day long??

Seriously. Lower its rotation percentage already.

Comments

  • Queuing up:

    Haddonfield

    Lery's Memorial

    Midwich

  • I really hate those maps now, which is disheartening. Especially Torment Creek, I used to love that map.

  • @JediWithASniper said:

    Am I the only person who is sick to death of that map already???

    Dont we have any other maps on DBD or do we have to play the daytime cornfield every freaking match all day long??

    Seriously. Lower its rotation percentage already.

    I hated the new brightness of the map as soon as it dropped. Whatever happened to "Dead BY Daylight" as opposed to "Dead IN Daylight" which is what we have now on multiple maps. Sure, the skies are pretty, but the game doesn't allow for spending a lot of time enjoying the sights.

  • On a slightly different but related topic, DBD has built a significant portion of its identity around Dark Mist. We have mist-altering reagents for offerings. We have “fog whisperers” on social media. Devs sign off with “see you in the fog.”

    But what we DON’T have is any actual fog!

    Ok, fine, there’s sooooome. A little plume here or there to freshen your ankles. Certainly nothing that affects the game. New players aren’t going to think “oh my, so creepy - all this fog!” It’s more of seeing a plume and thinking “something moved. Let’s go see what it is. Oh ,it’s gone.”

    It just seems so weak as an integral piece of the game’s identity and lore. It’s like some post-apocalypse game building itself up around the random piles of pebbles and rocks that are really nothing more than scenery.

  • @Starshadw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/258498/really-daytime-cornfield-again

    I hated the new brightness of the map as soon as it dropped. Whatever happened to "Dead BY Daylight" as opposed to "Dead IN Daylight" which is what we have now on multiple maps. Sure, the skies are pretty, but the game doesn't allow for spending a lot of time enjoying the sights.

    Yeah, I’m not a big fan of the brightness. The map is fine I suppose, although, they could have made the lightness to be more like just before dawn instead of high noon. It’s just gotten annoying how many matches are there now.

  • @yobuddd said:

    On a slightly different but related topic, DBD has built a significant portion of its identity around Dark Mist. We have mist-altering reagents for offerings. We have “fog whisperers” on social media. Devs sign off with “see you in the fog.”

    But what we DON’T have is any actual fog!

    Ok, fine, there’s sooooome. A little plume here or there to freshen your ankles. Certainly nothing that affects the game. New players aren’t going to think “oh my, so creepy - all this fog!” It’s more of seeing a plume and thinking “something moved. Let’s go see what it is. Oh ,it’s gone.”

    It just seems so weak as an integral piece of the game’s identity and lore. It’s like some post-apocalypse game building itself up around the random piles of pebbles and rocks that are really nothing more than scenery.

    Yeah, that’s definitely a minor beef I have as well. Purple level fog seems about two levels lower than what standard fog should be on every map without offerings.

  • Why people complain about Coldwind and then pretend that Ormond never existed? lol

  • @Mr_K said:

    Queuing up:

    Haddonfield

    Lery's Memorial

    Midwich

    I mean, I'm fine with Midwich

  • @FreakPrince said:

    Why people complain about Coldwind and then pretend that Ormond never existed? lol

    people would like to forget ormond... and haddonfield...

  • @Mr_K said:

    Queuing up:

    Haddonfield

    Lery's Memorial

    Midwich

    Can’t wait to add RPD to that list!

  • @Mr_K said:

    Queuing up:

    Haddonfield

    Lery's Memorial

    Midwich

    I'll take those maps all day over the comet corn. Haddonfield is about the only other map I see and on a rarity yamaoka pops up to remind me of how much I hate the 200 rocks/boulders on the map.

  • @yobuddd said:

    On a slightly different but related topic, DBD has built a significant portion of its identity around Dark Mist. We have mist-altering reagents for offerings. We have “fog whisperers” on social media. Devs sign off with “see you in the fog.”

    But what we DON’T have is any actual fog!

    Ok, fine, there’s sooooome. A little plume here or there to freshen your ankles. Certainly nothing that affects the game. New players aren’t going to think “oh my, so creepy - all this fog!” It’s more of seeing a plume and thinking “something moved. Let’s go see what it is. Oh ,it’s gone.”

    It just seems so weak as an integral piece of the game’s identity and lore. It’s like some post-apocalypse game building itself up around the random piles of pebbles and rocks that are really nothing more than scenery.

    Well, I guess we're just going to ignore the distance fog then.

  • @FreakPrince said:

    Why people complain about Coldwind and then pretend that Ormond never existed? lol

    I never liked Ormond either. But it is better to forget about that map.

  • Old cornfield was my favourite realm, i loved the yellow tint, now its too bright, completely ruins the atmosphere for me.

  • I love cornfield maps, but I don't know why DEVs changed night to day.

  • @SMitchell8 said:

    Old cornfield was my favourite realm, i loved the yellow tint, now its too bright, completely ruins the atmosphere for me.

    Old Coldwind Farms was awful. One of the ugliest realms in the game. Looked nothing like an actual farm.

  • @yobuddd said:

    On a slightly different but related topic, DBD has built a significant portion of its identity around Dark Mist. We have mist-altering reagents for offerings. We have “fog whisperers” on social media. Devs sign off with “see you in the fog.”

    But what we DON’T have is any actual fog!

    Ok, fine, there’s sooooome. A little plume here or there to freshen your ankles. Certainly nothing that affects the game. New players aren’t going to think “oh my, so creepy - all this fog!” It’s more of seeing a plume and thinking “something moved. Let’s go see what it is. Oh ,it’s gone.”

    It just seems so weak as an integral piece of the game’s identity and lore. It’s like some post-apocalypse game building itself up around the random piles of pebbles and rocks that are really nothing more than scenery.

    Worst of all is that we used to have Fog. Maps used to be good, perfect even.

    Now they are nothing more than a memory, forever close to our hearts.

    image.png


  • @Okapi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2282034#Comment_2282034

    Old Coldwind Farms was awful. One of the ugliest realms in the game. Looked nothing like an actual farm.

    Ugly? Well it is I mean was a horror game.

  • @JediWithASniper said:

    Am I the only person who is sick to death of that map already???

    Dont we have any other maps on DBD or do we have to play the daytime cornfield every freaking match all day long??

    Seriously. Lower its rotation percentage already.

    I heard a lot of maps are disabled right now and with no explanation. I’ve gotten the sunny corn map, saloon, midwich, over and over and over. I hate these maps now lol.

  • @SMitchell8 said:

    Old cornfield was my favourite realm, i loved the yellow tint, now its too bright, completely ruins the atmosphere for me.

    Agreed. It truly was a good realm.

  • Ugly in the sense it looked nothing like a farm. More like a forest with farm themed children playthings randomly placed in it. Autohaven was also a failure in that it never looked like what it was meant to be, a junk yard. Same to a lesser extant Ormond.

    Only Haddonfield remains as a failure of a map art wise. Thank goodness it will be changed soon.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2281931#Comment_2281931

    Worst of all is that we used to have Fog. Maps used to be good, perfect even.

    Now they are nothing more than a memory, forever close to our hearts.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/NCOE8QMPEKZ6/image.png

    I miss the fog too. DEVs decided to make a pure looping simulator out of a horror game. Stealth is basically gone compared to the time when DBD was released.

  • @Okapi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2282034#Comment_2282034

    Old Coldwind Farms was awful. One of the ugliest realms in the game. Looked nothing like an actual farm.

    I don't care if it resembled a farm or not, old coldwind was the most beautiful realm for me, it had the best atmosphere, especially when playing solo.

  • @_VTK_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2282040#Comment_2282040

    I miss the fog too. DEVs decided to make a pure looping simulator out of a horror game. Stealth is basically gone compared to the time when DBD was released.

    Ambience is the worst its ever been, and that is so sad.

  • Fog is susposed to remind you of early morning asking yourself why am i up so early

  • @GeneralV Not gonna lie, that fog is seriously ominous. Fog like that changes the whole feel of the game, let alone that it also changes some of the dynamics. I wonder why they got rid of it?

  • @Practical said:

    @GeneralV Not gonna lie, that fog is seriously ominous. Fog like that changes the whole feel of the game, let alone that it also changes some of the dynamics. I wonder why they got rid of it?

    I suppose no one truly knows. Whatever the reason, it was a mistake.

  • @Practical said:

    @GeneralV Not gonna lie, that fog is seriously ominous. Fog like that changes the whole feel of the game, let alone that it also changes some of the dynamics. I wonder why they got rid of it?

    because people consistently complain about not being able to see or find their opposition, despite the brightness being perfectly fine.

    Thus the entire game has slowly gotten brighter and brighter to the point where horror is questionable at best.

  • @Mat_Sella Bummer. It seems like having Killers rush out of the fog at a Survivor working a gen would be a quality jump scare. Conversely, stalking an Injured Survivor through the fog, where you can hear him, but you can't see him, would deliver on the whole "stalking killer" vibe the game promises. I guess plenty of other people don't see it that way, though. Tragic.

  • Ironically, since I made this post, the map hasn’t come up in the queue.

  • Let the night come back to cornfield maps!!!

    The game is named Dead by Day not Rise and Shine...