The Nemesis debate is ridiculous

I've been reading the 50,000 threads on Nemesis and this is what I got from all of them:

So some Nemesis players want to have zombies pursue survivors that are infected, have more zombies depending on map size, Nemesis to have longer reach, have a wider hitbox on tentacle, hit survivors and break pallet while survivors are sliding over pallets, also infect and damage on the same hit. Did I get all of that?

You need survivors in the game to play and no survivor is going to play against all of that. This game needs killers that are balanced for the health of the game which is what we were given and some want an easy 4k machine.

I appreciate those that know Nemesis is balanced. This forum is full of complaints about game balance, killers like Nemesis are part of creating that balance.

I've seen people talk about the entitlement in this community and it's very obvious.

Comments

  • @FrndlyChnswSalzmn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2278334#Comment_2278334

    STOP using this ######### word incorrectly! RNG means 'Reandom Number Generator' and there is nothing random about them! They go toward noise notifications and track survivors in their detection range. Otherwise they wander aimlessly. That isn't random; it's very controllable and predictable.

    Rng is used to describe something as being random. Not only as a random number generator.

    Stop being bent so out of shape by a simple turn of phrase.

  • "The nemesis debate is ridiculous"

    Proceeds to add their opinion to the debate.

  • It's always been the other way round: this game needs willing killer players. Always did and always will.

    1 killer not playing the game means 5 players not getting a match. A lack of killers has a stronger impact as there are more than enough survivors available to fill vacant spots.

  • Nemesis is fun to play as and against. I think the changes should be that survivors do not get the speed boost for the infection hit as ive notice most survivors can waste 1 to 2 minutes just holding W. Also i think tier three should not get a boost in distance i think the distance of the whip in tier 2 is fine but should give you the ability to hit surv and break pallet at the same time. As if you get hit by the killer in this instance you were getting hit regardless and it would make getting to tier 3 worth it as it would be a time saver. As far as the zombies, i was pretty sure BHVR already said they cannot put more Zombies on the map in the current engine i could be wrong on that. They should mainly just work on the zombies AI as to moving around the map. I would say that to be fair if tier 3 were to be that strong it would need to take a little longer to achieve and you would have to nerf his add ons that up that speed.

  • @kingbojenbo said:

    I've been reading the 50,000 threads on Nemesis and this is what I got from all of them:

    So some Nemesis players want to have zombies pursue survivors that are infected, have more zombies depending on map size, Nemesis to have longer reach, have a wider hitbox on tentacle, hit survivors and break pallet while survivors are sliding over pallets, also infect and damage on the same hit. Did I get all of that?

    You need survivors in the game to play and no survivor is going to play against all of that. This game needs killers that are balanced for the health of the game which is what we were given and some want an easy 4k machine.

    I appreciate those that know Nemesis is balanced. This forum is full of complaints about game balance, killers like Nemesis are part of creating that balance.

    I've seen people talk about the entitlement in this community and it's very obvious.

    They say the same about needing killers to play, and usually survivors outnumber killers to the point where losing some survivors actually makes the game better if it's during a time of killer shortage like the killer position/movement speed patch led to earlier in the year when my survivor queues went from 15-20 mins down to 7 or 8 lol.

    That said, nemesis is fine as is for the most part I think. The one thing I would like to see changed is indoor maps having 2 zeds still, while mid-sized maps need 3 zeds and larger outdoor maps like some of the macmillian and cornfields need 3 or 4 zeds on them. I play survivor and find the zeds the most fun thing they've put into the game in along time. Having to walk one off a gen so somebody can finish it or walk one around something so i can rush back and tap a little more into it is a lot less tedious than just holding M1 the whole time and it helps nemesis too by creating small delays tying a survivor up sometimes.

    I've also had some of my funniest moment with the zeds like thinking I was gonna get away and gof or a hatch possibly against a nemesis when out of the blue a zed flanks me and slaps me right int he face mid vault while infected and injured. That was hilarious. I am wondering how adding a sort of 'minion' type of system with something like the zeds for certain other killers including existing ones might help the health of the game for killers that have trouble with the game going too quicklyf or them especially ones it happens even using good perks.

    They're gonna need to come up with more things to compete with Evil Dead if it's released as fun as the recent gameplay footage makes it look to play and the kandarian spirit is way more chill and fun than killer in dbd is... since if enough killers would rather play that this game is gonna have a rought ime with survivor queues again if they keep complaining and getting killers nerfed especially if they still have their keys by then lmao. Once Evil Dead and Back 4 Blood are released, if I enjoy even one of them vastly more, I don't plan to play dbd again. I left it in late 2016 and only came back last summer during the cake thing ... I have no problem going another 4 years if Evil Dead is way more fun to play for both sides of the game. The same if Back 4 Blood gets a proper Versus mode for campaigns like L4D has. Hopefully Evil Dead is real good and that forces DBD to get better since the competition could keep both games having to stay good and improve themselves.

  • I would personally say add more Zombies, but instead of damaging Survivors, they grab and hold Survivors for a few seconds, ala Victor holding lockers shut, while also infecting them if they aren't already.

    Make them more of a map-wide threat that doesn't negate Nemesis having to make his way over, but can drastically slow Survivors down if they slip up.

    Either that, or make them more of an active threat when spotting a Survivor, namely theough a speed buff. Maybe some AI parhfinding tweaks, too.

  • @Schardon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2278651#Comment_2278651

    But survivors being rewarded with a free Sprint Burst by being hit by the Killer without being damaged is fine? Do you realize how huge this Sprint Burst is against a Killer with basically no mobility? Nemesis is literally the only Killer in the game that has to land 3 hits in order to down someone. The first hit can even be cured by limited vaccines.

    Loop Nemesis for a minute before being hit by his tentacle for the first time because his power basically is no threat before T2 -> get hit by tentacle -> Hold W and watch 2-3 gens being completed before you get hooked for the first time if you're at least semi-competent at looping.

    OK, your right.

  • Well, yours will be the 50,001 thread :)

  • @DarKaron said:

    I would personally say add more Zombies, but instead of damaging Survivors, they grab and hold Survivors for a few seconds, ala Victor holding lockers shut, while also infecting them if they aren't already.

    Make them more of a map-wide threat that doesn't negate Nemesis having to make his way over, but can drastically slow Survivors down if they slip up.

    Either that, or make them more of an active threat when spotting a Survivor, namely theough a speed buff. Maybe some AI parhfinding tweaks, too.

    yeah a few second or so grapple and then they get shoved would fit the RE theme and also avoid using them as a bump and afree sprint burst when uninfected since I know people are gonna catch onto that and I did pretty quickly too lol.

  • @MMRSweatQTimeGunBLUL said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2282257#Comment_2282257

    yeah a few second or so grapple and then they get shoved would fit the RE theme and also avoid using them as a bump and afree sprint burst when uninfected since I know people are gonna catch onto that and I did pretty quickly too lol.

    Yeah... Zombies pre-infection aren't a major threat, since being infected is a speed boost and nothing more.

    If Zombies grappled Survivors who get hit, then they would be pretty darn decent. Even if they died after releasing the Survivor in question.

  • @aroell said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2280144#Comment_2280144

    What should they do about the ai? Make them do the killers for for them? They are fine as they are. And I think the speed boost is completely fine. Survivors only have 4 vaccines.

    Not being stuck useless on random terrain is a fundamentally needed change. I hope we're not arguing that point.

  • @MarcoPoloYolo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2280601#Comment_2280601

    Not being stuck useless on random terrain is a fundamentally needed change. I hope we're not arguing that point.

    We are not arguing that point, it’s the only thing they need to fix but they are good as they are.

  • @skiodid7345 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2278352#Comment_2278352

    I don't get how a killer with a power that's harmful is a prefect mid tier killer but ok

    A killer need to have good map pressure for being at high tier, that's why.

  • @kingbojenbo said:

    I've been reading the 50,000 threads on Nemesis and this is what I got from all of them:

    So some Nemesis players want to have zombies pursue survivors that are infected, have more zombies depending on map size, Nemesis to have longer reach, have a wider hitbox on tentacle, hit survivors and break pallet while survivors are sliding over pallets, also infect and damage on the same hit. Did I get all of that?

    You need survivors in the game to play and no survivor is going to play against all of that. This game needs killers that are balanced for the health of the game which is what we were given and some want an easy 4k machine.

    I appreciate those that know Nemesis is balanced. This forum is full of complaints about game balance, killers like Nemesis are part of creating that balance.

    I've seen people talk about the entitlement in this community and it's very obvious.

    He needs a power thats useful. Right now his power is worse than M1 because it gives survivors an extra health state. He's an M1 killer with no power, hes not balanced hes new and people haven't realized that his power is useless yet because the shiny paint is just starting to wear off

  • Nemesis doesn't need to infect and damage in one hit. His infection hit just shouldn't give the survivor a speed boost.

  • I feel that Nemesis is fairly balanced although the sprint on infection should go. I also agree on the range and how just one meter more could give him that extra little boost. Now hear me out, I'm not saying the zombie AI should be more aggressive, but smarter in the sense that they don't camp or wander into corners causing them to get stuck. Other than that the three hit mechanic seems fine as you could hit/down someone from across the map if your zombies are positioned well. Zombies basically counter wiggle outs and that alone is crazy. Whether or not these changes get made, we still have a fun killer to play.

1 2 3 ›