What Do You Think of This Video?

https://youtu.be/Tt0gRZWBj9I

What are your thoughts on this video?

I think it's completely ridiculous that Scott has a 1080 Ti and is still having issues with performance.

How awful is the Optimization that such a powerful card has issues?

Comments

  • Its pretty decent, offers insight from a pc player, and since he is a well - known creator within the community, it could help bring the poor optimization in this game to a bigger light (even though we have your mega thread, which btw has been really helpful learning about issues others are having)

  • I have a 2070 super and usually during my second/third game of the day i ALWAYS get some frame drops for some reason. They last around 30 seconds, then they disappear. I don't know why it happens, but it's always in that timeframe, and it's really annoying.

  • It’s laughable. And sad.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://youtu.be/Tt0gRZWBj9I

    What are your thoughts on this video?

    I think it's completely ridiculous that Scott has a 1080 Ti and is still having issues with performance.

    How awful is the Optimization that such a powerful card has issues?

    Honestly? Not much. I can't watch his videos anymore. He talks too fast and pretty much complains constantly. I can get the constant complaints here and not have to parse his emotions out. :) I don't go to Streamers to listen to them complain. I go to learn things. The odd commentary and critique here and there is great, but watching his videos is like hanging out with a psychic vampire, a real Debbie Downer. I get enough of that here.

  • @JimboMason said:

    Its pretty decent, offers insight from a pc player, and since he is a well - known creator within the community, it could help bring the poor optimization in this game to a bigger light (even though we have your mega thread, which btw has been really helpful learning about issues others are having)

    Thank you, the goal has always been to show others whats been happening with Console's, and now apparently, with PC too

  • @nursewannabe said:

    I have a 2070 super and usually during my second/third game of the day i ALWAYS get some frame drops for some reason. They last around 30 seconds, then they disappear. I don't know why it happens, but it's always in that timeframe, and it's really annoying.

    And you shouldn't be having those issues.

    All of those cards should be able to run a 5 year old game no issue.

    There must be something fundamentally wrong with how the game is optimized if NEW graphics cards are having issues

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/256852/what-do-you-think-of-this-video

    Honestly? Not much. I can't watch his videos anymore. He talks too fast and pretty much complains constantly. I can get the constant complaints here and not have to parse his emotions out. :) I don't go to Streamers to listen to them complain. I go to learn things. The odd commentary and critique here and there is great, but watching his videos is like hanging out with a psychic vampire, a real Debbie Downer. I get enough of that here.

    You can learn that the game is running extremely poorly on Console, and now, it also is having issues with PC as well.

    I'd say that IS something worth complaining about.

    Also, I asked him to make the video. If you have a problem with the "complaints" in the video, put that on me, not on him.

  • Optimization has gotten so bad that even Scott had to say something.

    They really need to do something about this problem

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    Optimization has gotten so bad that even Scott had to say something.

    They really need to do something about this problem

    I agree.

    Do you think they will?

  • Honestly I'm giving up hope. I just don't know

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2267888#Comment_2267888

    You can learn that the game is running extremely poorly on Console, and now, it also is having issues with PC as well.

    I'd say that IS something worth complaining about.

    Also, I asked him to make the video. If you have a problem with the "complaints" in the video, put that on me, not on him.

    I already knew that though; we all knew that. I trusted YOUR word on it. :) I just can't watch him anymore. Too draining.

  • @Pulsar I have to confess. I have betrayed you and all the other console forums members and gave into bhvr terrible ways and moved to next gen console to play.

    I have betrayed the movement.

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    @Pulsar I have to confess. I have betrayed you and all the other console forums members and gave into bhvr terrible ways and moved to next gen console to play.

    I have betrayed the movement.

    You did what?

    FreddyWrath.gif


  • I dont know what causes the problems, but it seems pretty random.

    Like, currently I have a 1050 TI, playing on Medium and I never experience any Framedrops. I had Framedrops on high and Ultra, but this probably because the GPU is not really good.

    Before the 1050 TI I had a 1070 TI, which is compareable to Scotts 1080 TI and I never had any problems on Ultra.

    So I am not sure if it is something regarding the GPUs. It really looks random, people (like COntent Creators) with really good Hardware experience it, while others dont.

  • I gave into the dark side and got the next gen console.

    I just had to and now it doesn't freeze anymore.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    I dont know what causes the problems, but it seems pretty random.

    Like, currently I have a 1050 TI, playing on Medium and I never experience any Framedrops. I had Framedrops on high and Ultra, but this probably because the GPU is not really good.

    Before the 1050 TI I had a 1070 TI, which is compareable to Scotts 1080 TI and I never had any problems on Ultra.

    So I am not sure if it is something regarding the GPUs. It really looks random, people (like COntent Creators) with really good Hardware experience it, while others dont.

    My guess is that the recording/streaming process is part of the problem. I have a 1070 and don't usually experience problems. On the rare occasions that I do, the devs put out a patch that fixes them and that's the end of it.

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2267930#Comment_2267930

    I gave into the dark side and got the next gen console.

    I just had to and now it doesn't freeze anymore.

    ...

    image.png


  • Running as survivor and Hag teleporting and anything else will cause stutters and freezes

  • And yes it has been getting worst somehow

  • You'd think with how much of the player-base is either on console or lower to medium-end hardware, BHVR would care more.

    As a former console player, I understand your pain.

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2267930#Comment_2267930

    I gave into the dark side and got the next gen console.

    I just had to and now it doesn't freeze anymore.

    True, but there are isolated reports of it happening on next-gen Console's as well.

  • @nursewannabe said:

    I have a 2070 super and usually during my second/third game of the day i ALWAYS get some frame drops for some reason. They last around 30 seconds, then they disappear. I don't know why it happens, but it's always in that timeframe, and it's really annoying.

    It looses me games. On Pale Rose at that dock a Feng Min right in front of me at that ramp in the middle ready to down her with Hillbilly. And then I'm teleported to the side after having a chase with an Ash extended because I kept lagging back. It broke me and I decided to DC.

  • The lag makes legion almost unplayable the amount of times I've been taken out of frenzy because of stupid frame drops is insane

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2267938#Comment_2267938

    My guess is that the recording/streaming process is part of the problem. I have a 1070 and don't usually experience problems. On the rare occasions that I do, the devs put out a patch that fixes them and that's the end of it.

    I wish that were how it was on Console.

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    The lag makes legion almost unplayable the amount of times I've been taken out of frenzy because of stupid frame drops is insane

    TRUE

    FINALLY

    SOMEONE ELSE SAID IT

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2267881#Comment_2267881

    And you shouldn't be having those issues.

    All of those cards should be able to run a 5 year old game no issue.

    There must be something fundamentally wrong with how the game is optimized if NEW graphics cards are having issues

    3060ti, i9-9900k cpu and I also have framerate issues. Mainly on the newer maps but holy cow. With my build I shouldn't be having any issues at all but it still sucks butt.

  • @th3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2267891#Comment_2267891

    3060ti, i9-9900k cpu and I also have framerate issues. Mainly on the newer maps but holy cow. With my build I shouldn't be having any issues at all but it still sucks butt.

    Paradoxically, the more recent your hardware is, the more likely it is to cause you these issues. The drivers are new, the hardware is effectively unknown to the developers, etc.. It happens every time.

  • I have a 1060 6gb and an i5 8400, not the best, but i still get 100+ fps on almost every map. And sometimes i still get random freezes that last like 1 seconds when i'm getting hit by an M1 or walking through a snare. First i thought it's because of my RAM (i had only 8 gb) then i upgraded to 16, i didn't get that many freezes after that, but i still have one every few games.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2267938#Comment_2267938

    My guess is that the recording/streaming process is part of the problem. I have a 1070 and don't usually experience problems. On the rare occasions that I do, the devs put out a patch that fixes them and that's the end of it.

    Part of the problem, but not an explanation. Others have problems too while not recording. At least on PC. On Console it is even more of an issue, but it is common knowledge that the game is not optimized on Console.

    @NomiNomad said:

    You'd think with how much of the player-base is either on console or lower to medium-end hardware, BHVR would care more.

    As a former console player, I understand your pain.

    Agreed. Another game I played a lot in the past (World of Tanks) had really good support for Low-End PCs. You are able to play this game on a Potato-PC without much issues, while still looking amazing on decent PCs. Like, no comparison to DBD.

    (I am also quite sure that the system requirements on Steam are not correct anymore)

  • I was getting quite a lot frame drops when I was still running a 1070ti with a 5900x on high/ultra settings. On low/medium settings, I had a consistent 120 fps. After switching to a 3090, I've had 0 frame drops but a 3090 is overkill for a game like DBD and shouldn't be required to get no frame drops. I'm interested in hearing if anyone on the new gen consoles experience any frame drops.

  • There is definitely something funky going on with inconsistent framerate issues with this game.

    It really sucks because you'll be doing so well during a match, and your character freezing inconsistently could cost you the match.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2267952#Comment_2267952

    Part of the problem, but not an explanation. Others have problems too while not recording. At least on PC. On Console it is even more of an issue, but it is common knowledge that the game is not optimized on Console.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2267966#Comment_2267966

    Agreed. Another game I played a lot in the past (World of Tanks) had really good support for Low-End PCs. You are able to play this game on a Potato-PC without much issues, while still looking amazing on decent PCs. Like, no comparison to DBD.

    (I am also quite sure that the system requirements on Steam are not correct anymore)

    A part of me thinks it's the investors, higher-ups, whatever you wanna call them that enforce this. I've seen in a lot of cases where investors just cared about how the game looked rather than how it played or performed.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2267952#Comment_2267952

    Part of the problem, but not an explanation. Others have problems too while not recording. At least on PC. On Console it is even more of an issue, but it is common knowledge that the game is not optimized on Console.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2267966#Comment_2267966

    Agreed. Another game I played a lot in the past (World of Tanks) had really good support for Low-End PCs. You are able to play this game on a Potato-PC without much issues, while still looking amazing on decent PCs. Like, no comparison to DBD.

    (I am also quite sure that the system requirements on Steam are not correct anymore)

    I was only speaking of PC. I don't own a console, so I've no experience with it.

  • To all people that have scratch frame drops, I've a question:

    Are you using HDD as a storage for DbD?

  • @Woodywool said:

    To all people that have scratch frame drops, I've a question:

    Are you using HDD as a storage for DbD?

    I just have it on Xbox.

  • I'd have better chances of being killed by a cow than BHVR fixing performance.

  • I'm running a 3900x and a 3080. Before Struggle was updated I would regularly get frame drops enough where I'd just fail at struggle no matter what I did. Spamming the button, using a macro button, making sure DBD was the only active program (Yes closing my tabs in my browser, closing discord, everything.)

    This game is just optimized like garbage.

  • @RiskyKara said:

    I'm running a 3900x and a 3080. Before Struggle was updated I would regularly get frame drops enough where I'd just fail at struggle no matter what I did. Spamming the button, using a macro button, making sure DBD was the only active program (Yes closing my tabs in my browser, closing discord, everything.)

    This game is just optimized like garbage.

    Unfortunately true

  • @CreamedTunaFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2268036#Comment_2268036

    I also have a 3090, I play on ultra at 120 and get the occasional fps dip. Mainly after a hook or gen pop.

    Sounds familiar

  • I have an amd 5500 xt and I still deal with constant frame drops that never happen in other games.