Why are The Twins so hated ?

I started playing The Twins recently, Im still bad at them, Im learning everything. So survivors escape often.

If I get a 4K its just because they done too much mistakes, its not because of my gameplay.

Ive seen survivors insulting me because I play killer, but not too often. But since I started playing The Twins, its almost every game. They tell me how bad The Twins are (I will not write exactly what they said lol)

But when I play bunny Legion, survivors are very lovely in endgame chat, they told me how cute I am.

And I dont get it. I think Charlotte and Victor are fun to play and go against. I think their story is cool and have a great aesthetic.

Is it because they are ugly ?

Now I just wish one thing, getting better at them and collect the salt from survivors 😈

Comments

  • The same reason so many survivors hate going against Bubba; their powers encourage a unfun way to play (namely camping).

    You personally may not be doing any camping but survivors will still hold it against you for some reason.

  • Camping specialists. Sucks the fun out of the match when killer can take advantage of survivors at their weakest moment by design.

  • Because they’re Hag 2.0. Many Twins players use the scummy tactic of either planting Victor next to a hook before hooking a survivor, or leaving Charlotte just outside the 12 or 16m range of the hooked survivor.

    It’s not fun at all to deal with.

  • I actually like the concept of the Twins and think that they could have been a fun killer, if the community didn't use them the way they do. Unfortunately, their power encourages camping, which is incredibly unfun, and means that almost all Twins you go up against will camp and tunnel you.

  • Because in order to play the Twins effectively you have to slug and camp, and due to this many Twins players, myself included, will have to play in extremely unfun ways in order to get wins. It's wrong for survivors to be extremely toxic in the end game chat but I do understand their hatred and frustration for the Twins, its just not fun being camped then tunneled and slugged repeatedly throughout the match, especially if they're good because Victor becomes even more of a powerhouse.

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    The same reason so many survivors hate going against Bubba; their powers encourage a unfun way to play (namely camping).

    You personally may not be doing any camping but survivors will still hold it against you for some reason.

    I know camping is not fun, but I think Bubba is easy to loop, I have no problem with him. And sometimes we have to leave one survivor being camp to finish the generators.

    Its not fun for the one being camp, but the three others can escape. And camping is not every games. Ive seen many Bubbas who didnt camped.

    But yes, I think survivors thinks every Bubba players are the same, but its wrong, so The Twins.

    @TheClownIsKing said:

    Because they’re Hag 2.0. Many Twins players use the scummy tactic of either planting Victor next to a hook before hooking a survivor, or leaving Charlotte just outside the 12 or 16m range of the hooked survivor.

    It’s not fun at all to deal with.

    I know what you mean. I always try to for a first hit with Charlotte and second hit with Victor, so I used to leave the hook and go for a generator.

    But sometimes I know a gen far away is almost complete, so I have to leave Charlotte near the hook and go for the generator with Victor.

    It depends on what happened in the game.

    @YuisPinkBob said:

    I actually like the concept of the Twins and think that they could have been a fun killer, if the community didn't use them the way they do. Unfortunately, their power encourages camping, which is incredibly unfun, and means that almost all Twins you go up against will camp and tunnel you.

    Im more into slugging with The Twins and hunt survivors with Victor 😂

  • Basically what everyone else said.

    Their entire playstyle is using tactics that aren't fun to go against, Victor is OP in chase, and no matter how many times you kick him, he'll be back on you in 20 seconds.

  • Because for her to effectively capitalise off her power she goes against their rule book.

  • @CoalTower said:

    Basically what everyone else said.

    Their entire playstyle is using tactics that aren't fun to go against, Victor is OP in chase, and no matter how many times you kick him, he'll be back on you in 20 seconds.

    Am I allowed to say that I think Victor is cute and I like to kick him ?

    I loooove playing against The Twins !!

  • @Anara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2249415#Comment_2249415

    Am I allowed to say that I think Victor is cute and I like to kick him ?

    I loooove playing against The Twins !!

    Well, I'm not going to tell you that you shouldn't like them, but I'm happy for you.

  • If I may be honest I don't have a issue with twins because I haven't played against her enough I got back into the game almost 3 weeks ago and I've only played against them 3 times

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    If I may be honest I don't have a issue with twins because I haven't played against her enough I got back into the game almost 3 weeks ago and I've only played against them 3 times

    I wish you a great comeback to the game :)

  • Because the vast majority of Twins players hard camp and hard tunnel because it's "effective and viable"

    It doesn't matter if you don't play that way, everyone is going to associate you with that degrading playstyle, The Twins and their players who wanted to figure out how to actually play them, and put the effort into it, are going to be the unfortunate laughing stocks because they'll always be grouped in with the tunneling and camping losers.

  • the slugging part is the big think I hate about twins.

  • @CoalTower said:

    Basically what everyone else said.

    Their entire playstyle is using tactics that aren't fun to go against, Victor is OP in chase, and no matter how many times you kick him, he'll be back on you in 20 seconds.

    Is there a cooldown when victor is kicked??? I don't have the twins so I don't fully understand how all that works.

  • @Anara said:

    I started playing The Twins recently, Im still bad at them, Im learning everything. So survivors escape often.

    If I get a 4K its just because they done too much mistakes, its not because of my gameplay.

    Ive seen survivors insulting me because I play killer, but not too often. But since I started playing The Twins, its almost every game. They tell me how bad The Twins are (I will not write exactly what they said lol)

    But when I play bunny Legion, survivors are very lovely in endgame chat, they told me how cute I am.

    And I dont get it. I think Charlotte and Victor are fun to play and go against. I think their story is cool and have a great aesthetic.

    Is it because they are ugly ?

    Now I just wish one thing, getting better at them and collect the salt from survivors 😈

    They can Face-camp hooks and camp gens, if you have the last gen config with 2 side by side and 1 far away, the one far away can have Charlotte and the Victor can get the other 2 gens just slowing down the match, its really annoying to complete the last gen, as you are gonna depend of an error to win the game.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2249415#Comment_2249415

    Is there a cooldown when victor is kicked??? I don't have the twins so I don't fully understand how all that works.

    Yes, but it's maybe 7 seconds.

  • mhmm maybe it should be more like 15-20.

  • @Anara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2249374#Comment_2249374

    I know camping is not fun, but I think Bubba is easy to loop, I have no problem with him. And sometimes we have to leave one survivor being camp to finish the generators.

    Its not fun for the one being camp, but the three others can escape. And camping is not every games. Ive seen many Bubbas who didnt camped.

    But yes, I think survivors thinks every Bubba players are the same, but its wrong, so The Twins.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2249376#Comment_2249376

    I know what you mean. I always try to for a first hit with Charlotte and second hit with Victor, so I used to leave the hook and go for a generator.

    But sometimes I know a gen far away is almost complete, so I have to leave Charlotte near the hook and go for the generator with Victor.

    It depends on what happened in the game.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2249386#Comment_2249386

    Im more into slugging with The Twins and hunt survivors with Victor 😂

    Bubba is really easy to loop if you have some windows or pallets, if you loop him at the corn, you are a 360 master or the bubba is just playing badly( as almost all of them play) playing at window loops is easy, pallets are limited, and if you fall and the game is lost for bubba, he camps you. Whats the point of that?

  • They are ugly. They are boring. They are camping, all of them. I played as them, 0 fun seriously.

    I do not like them. They are not weak but also not strong but i hate face with them. Because that is meaning boring 10 minutes.

  • @Northener1907 said:

    They are ugly. They are boring. They are camping, all of them. I played as them, 0 fun seriously.

    I do not like them. They are not weak but also not strong but i hate face with them. Because that is meaning boring 10 minutes.

    Yeah; I use the veil to cover Charlottes face which makes her more playable to me. At least then she looks like a killer and not an angry Walmart cashier.

    They are definitely strong though, assuming you are willing to play like a scum bag. Lots of super cheesy tactics bodyblocking hooks with Charlotte as well depending on the map; since being on a different elevation bypasses the anti camping measures.

    Shes definitely one of the best campers and tunnelers and basically never has to leave a survivor until they are dead. And depending on the addons victor is almost unavoidable in chase.

  • The Twins is an inherently time inefficient killer. Meaning the best thing a Twins player can do is leave survivors on the ground to try and get as much use of their power as possible. It's not uncommon on twins matches for survivors to be left for several minutes on the ground.

    Also survivors detest anything that makes unhooking the slightest bit unsafe so because twins does it a little better than most they must be hated. God forbit someone has to work for their unhooks...

  • Because the most efficient way to play Twins is a huge camp and slug fest. Which is unfortunate because if you try to play them like any other killer, meaning lots of chases, lots of hooks and not just protecting your hook, you'll have a bad time. You try to play them without camping and slugging, you'll get bullied most of the time. It's not impossible to win without camping and slugging with Twins, but it is substantially harder. So means there's no reason not to camp and slug with Twins.

  • Hard to hate a killer I never see. Think I have faced maybe 4 or 5 twins since release.

  • People say it is mostly for camping. I think it is mostly for slugging. They are awesome at slugging and good at camping. So yea, people dislike that. But I still like to face Twins and play them as well.

  • I mean.... the ball is kinda in bhvr's court right now. Survivor frustration aside twins are also pretty "clunky" to play from the killer PoV.

    Like they added that stupid cooldown on SUCCESSFUL pounces and now there's a CLUNK every time you down a lone survivor and are spaming the power button trying to get back into Charlotte asap.

    Also doesn't help Victor can't really be recalled once he's out. Like first chase of the game is usually get 1 M1 in, release the baby, down, move Victor to hook, pick up hook, patrol. Problem is once victor is out it takes a freaking minute before you can willingly recall him. So i either leave Victor under hook, kinda HOPING someone would kick him so i can use him in my next chase, or do this really awkward leap frog dance making sure the twins are always in close proximity. Cutting down the time you can recall an idle Victor in would really help with the "camping" playstyle since i can actually use Victor in every chase instead of ... as bait.

    Also pro tip - if you ever get a Victor latched on you while Healthy - KIDNAP THE BABY! Like avoid your teammates, cos killer instinct and run to like the oposite side of the map. If you don't remove Victor you denny the twins their power for like 20-25 seconds before Victor can be recalled. It's REALLY infuriating from the killers PoV :P

  • As a twins main, it's just due to the way the twins were designed. I barely slug and actually try to get hooks in like every other killer, but the match becomes so much harder (for the killer player). That's why so many twins players slug and camp, because the "viable" options are limited.

    I suggest buffing Charlotte so she's not a basic M1 killer, but nerfing Victor and toning his slugging capabilities so that both twins are somewhat close in power and making tag-team strategies a lot more appealing.

  • Twins are just a horrible design. You can just see that BHVR did not put many thoughts into them, some things are fixed (like Victor getting destroyed by lockers), but the Devs neither saw this nor saw the immense camping and slugging potential.

    And Victor is just the biggest piece of ######### ever entering this game. You dont even get points when playing as or against him. Then his Hitbox is HUGE - I really, really want to see a visual model of his Hitbox. His visual model can fly past you, still you get downed or have Victor on your back, avoiding him is not possible when only going for his model. ANd if he flies past you, he might went so far that you cannot even crush him.

    And even IF you are able to crush him, he is back in a few seconds, which makes it not feel rewarding at all. But on the other hand, it has to be quick, because you dont want to remove the power of a Killer for so long.

    Let alone the slugging - it is just stupid not to slug, if you have multiple Survivors injured, because Victor is so strong. But this is also not really the most enjoyable way to play. I play like that, if I get the opportunity. I dont really have fun while doing so and the Survivors have even less fun, but it basically gives you the win.

    So, tl, dr: Twins are a really bad design and dont feel rewarding when you do something against them. Also, they have tons of issues (Hitboxes, slugging potential, etc.).

    I am at the point that I want to suicide all the time when I see that the Killers are Twins. I dont do it, but this is the first time I felt like that since old Mixtape-Legion. I just hope Twins dont get a Tome anytime soon.

  • All they do is camp and slug.

    You will run away and out comes Victor. If you manage to avoid him them 6 seconds later he is back on your behind because the cooldown is way waaaay to short. When he finally downs you, you get the pleasure of crawling around on the floor while Charlotte chases someone on the other side of the map, and Victor sits on you until someone comes to pick you up. Victor comes to life and jumps on them, respawns and comes back in time to down you and the guy rescuing you.

    Rinse and repeat.

    Snore fest and terrible, terrible design