Nerf Spirit and Nerf Dead Hard

I write this both on one post because i love playing both roles. I am sure someone is thinking same with me in fog.


Spirit is unhealthy killer for survivors. With Headset + Stridor, Spirit has really unfair gameplay. When i play survivor and when i see this girl i wanna dc but i am staying because of queues times. This girl has not any counter and unfair. And she does not need any skill. Great powers for low skill killer.


And Dead Hard. Catching good survivors need to show effort. And Dead Hard gives survivors one free heal, it is unfairly second chance perk. And when they are use that, they are going to safe pallet or windows and then one loop again. And generator times are fast and other survivors are still on generators. You had this survivor and you would go to back your generators but this perk made this harder. So that perk gives killer unfairly time waste and also that perk does not any skill too. Press E and get your free second chance. This perk needs rework.


Both them are unhealthy for game and both them are so annoying. Please fix both.

Comments

  • There are several ways to counter Spirit. I also play both roles and biggest mistake I see is survivors running while the killer is using haunting. The next biggest mistake would be survivors looping. Both of which can be countered. I don't see other survivors use the counters very often.

  • I don’t see how to nerf dead hard without completely changing it

  • Nerfing DH would destroy the perk. It would become something completely different, and as I said before, it is a direct counter to bloodlust.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    I don’t see how to nerf dead hard without completely changing it

    Maybe rework it or remove exhaustion effect and make it can be use only 1 time in match.

  • @PhantomChimera said:

    There are several ways to counter Spirit that I find aren't that hard. Don't other survivors use them but they work well. Things like don't run if you hear her haunting sound approaching.

    If Spirit is new, yes that will help.

  • Spirit is my girl, I love her a lot. However, in terms of gameplay I’m one of the people really wanting her to get changed. She’s just too easy to play for how strong she is.

    Meanwhile with Dead Hard, I hate this perk so much as good survivors will be able to make it to a pallet or window after I already outplayed them by just pressing a button. It’s incredibly frustrating.

  • @PhantomChimera said:

    There are several ways to counter Spirit that I find aren't that hard. Don't other survivors use them but they work well. Things like don't run if you hear her haunting sound approaching.

    Do they work against a good Spirit?

  • I think you are right on this one.

    I've actually defended Spirit in the past because of the aggressive and unreasonable nature of most threads asking for nerfs. Not all of them, but most of them. However, I suppose a change which adds counterplay without gutting her would be nice.

    As for Dead Hard, I absolutely despise the fact that it saves you from a situation that otherwise would've killed you (unless you are Exhausted on the ground, that is).

  • As with many things it works better on some maps then others. It is a good general strategy to use but shouldn't be the only strategy you should use. Combine it with others strategies once you stop running like turning changing direction or even turning back the way you just came so your retracing your steps.

    When I play as Spirit the biggest thing I notice is that survivors are predictable. If your going against Spirit be unpredictable. Don't run if you hear the haunting sound. Don't loop the same spot for long. Don't do what you would do when going against other killers. Be as unpredictable as possible.

  • Dead Hard is fine. Just like every other second chance perk where you would have hit them but they got away.

    Just because you don’t like it doesn’t make it unfair.

  • While I agree with both, I don't really know how exactly would those nerfs look like.

    I don't want Spirit to be nerfed to the ground, at least add ons needs rework but if they touch her power, she might become too weak.

    Same with DH, I can't imagine a nerf that would be fair without nerfing it too much and render it useless

  • @Clevite said:

    Nerfing DH would destroy the perk. It would become something completely different, and as I said before, it is a direct counter to bloodlust.

    Bloodlust shouldn't be in the game either.

  • You get no argument from me on that. But many others seem to feel differently

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2235437#Comment_2235437

    You get no argument from me on that. But many others seem to feel differently

    Then they're idiots.

    Bloodlust is a passive ability that gives you +15% movement speed after chasing for 45 seconds. It rewards you for playing badly. Anything that does that needs to be changed or removed.

  • @CoalTower said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2235439#Comment_2235439

    Then they're idiots.

    Bloodlust is a passive ability that gives you +15% movement speed after chasing for 45 seconds. It rewards you for playing badly. Anything that does that needs to be changed or removed.

    Yeah, if you get bloodlust then you wasted your so much time. That's bad.

  • @Northener1907 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2235369#Comment_2235369

    Maybe rework it or remove exhaustion effect and make it can be use only 1 time in match.

    It would still be a free health state and would still be frustrating to fight. And if it bugs out survivors feel frustrated because their one time use perk didn’t work

  • @PhantomChimera said:

    There are several ways to counter Spirit that I find aren't that hard. Don't other survivors use them but they work well. Things like don't run if you hear her haunting sound approaching.

    So you counter spirit by not looping? Gods why didn’t I think of that

  • @PhantomChimera said:

    There are several ways to counter Spirit that I find aren't that hard. Don't other survivors use them but they work well. Things like don't run if you hear her haunting sound approaching.

    Show us your ways. Do the Scott Jund Spirit counterplay challenge.

  • Spirit is fine as much as I hate going against her, it's just one powerful killer.

    Dead Hard I think could use a rework but I have NO clue how you can do it.

  • @glitchboi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2235368#Comment_2235368

    Show us your ways. Do the Scott Jund Spirit counterplay challenge.

    The what challenge?

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2235368#Comment_2235368

    So you counter spirit by not looping? Gods why didn’t I think of that

    I didn't say not looping. If you see Spirit standing still suddenly then leave that loop. You can still loop with that killer.

  • Scott Jund. He streams on twitch at twitch.tv/scottjund. Ask him about doing the Spirit counterplay challenge whenever he streams.

  • Spirit needs a change. She is too strong for how easy it is to play her.

    Dead hard should not be changed though as you would be changing the perk entirely or destroying it. Just because it is annoying does not make it unfair.


  • @Northener1907 said:

    I write this both on one post because i love playing both roles. I am sure someone is thinking same with me in fog.

    Spirit is unhealthy killer for survivors. With Headset + Stridor, Spirit has really unfair gameplay. When i play survivor and when i see this girl i wanna dc but i am staying because of queues times. This girl has not any counter and unfair. And she does not need any skill. Great powers for low skill killer.

    And Dead Hard. Catching good survivors need to show effort. And Dead Hard gives survivors one free heal, it is unfairly second chance perk. And when they are use that, they are going to safe pallet or windows and then one loop again. And generator times are fast and other survivors are still on generators. You had this survivor and you would go to back your generators but this perk made this harder. So that perk gives killer unfairly time waste and also that perk does not any skill too. Press E and get your free second chance. This perk needs rework.

    Both them are unhealthy for game and both them are so annoying. Please fix both.

    I think a good way to nerf dead hard would be removing the invulnerability mid-dash (and MAYBE, increasing a little bit of length in it), it would force the survivors to use it in a smart way, not getting free value for just pressing the E key. Like, one time I was playing huntress and literally landed a hatchet in a survivor's ass mid dead hard, it had the sound effect and the blood spill of landing, but because of the invulnerability, nothing happened, it was absolutely ridiculous dude LMAO.

  • @PhantomChimera said:

    There are several ways to counter Spirit. I also play both roles and biggest mistake I see is survivors running while the killer is using haunting. The next biggest mistake would be survivors looping. Both of which can be countered. I don't see other survivors use the counters very often.

    Such as?

  • @Clevite said:

    Nerfing DH would destroy the perk. It would become something completely different, and as I said before, it is a direct counter to bloodlust.

    Does bloodlust even need a counter? Bloodlust itself is a mechanic designed to prevent chases from lasting forever (which they still nearly can anyway.)

  • @TheHourMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2235375#Comment_2235375

    Does bloodlust even need a counter? Bloodlust itself is a mechanic designed to prevent chases from lasting forever (which they still nearly can anyway.)

    It does if you're the survivor being chased and a bloodlusting killer is using some dated mechanic to get you down.

  • @Caleegi said:

    Spirit needs a change. She is too strong for how easy it is to play her.

    Dead hard should not be changed though as you would be changing the perk entirely or destroying it. Just because it is annoying does not make it unfair.

    The fact that survivors can be out of position or be outplayed, just for them to use their magical E to pallet / vault is definitely, 100% esports level, fair game. Heck, you can be too greedy and not get punished because you pressed E to the pallet. It avoids a lot of hits that would normally down them.


    We don't want it gutted, don't worry. I believe we want to remove extreme cases for the killer that's really frustrating and unbalanced.

    One idea is to remove the invincibility, but keep the dash (maybe extend it just a tad). You can still get away with greeding a pallet or vault; still reach a pallet / vault if out positioned (depending on the situation); and so on, but you won't be able to use the invincibility to survive supernatural events. Meaning, you won't be able to DH past / through killers (they would just M1 you unless they messed up) and avoid powers that would damage you (worst offender being bear traps).

  • @CoalTower said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2235439#Comment_2235439

    Then they're idiots.

    Bloodlust is a passive ability that gives you +15% movement speed after chasing for 45 seconds. It rewards you for playing badly. Anything that does that needs to be changed or removed.

    So, following you lodge, DH shouldn't be in the game either. Because "it rewards you for playing badly".

  • @ Antares2332 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2235441#Comment_2235441

    So, following you lodge, DH shouldn't be in the game either. Because "it rewards you for playing badly".

    People don't like DH because you can get away with "Too Much". That's the problem.

    I went more indepth here:

    @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2238169#Comment_2238169

    The fact that survivors can be out of position or be outplayed, just for them to use their magical E to pallet / vault is definitely, 100% esports level, fair game. Heck, you can be too greedy and not get punished because you pressed E to the pallet. It avoids a lot of hits that would normally down them.

    We don't want it gutted, don't worry. I believe we want to remove extreme cases for the killer that's really frustrating and unbalanced.

    One idea is to remove the invincibility, but keep the dash (maybe extend it just a tad). You can still get away with greeding a pallet or vault; still reach a pallet / vault if out positioned (depending on the situation); and so on, but you won't be able to use the invincibility to survive supernatural events. Meaning, you won't be able to DH past / through killers (they would just M1 you unless they messed up) and avoid powers that would damage you (worst offender being bear traps).


  • @ Antares2332 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2235441#Comment_2235441

    So, following you lodge, DH shouldn't be in the game either. Because "it rewards you for playing badly".

    Yes. I've always been against DH for this very reason.

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2238737#Comment_2238737

    It does if you're the survivor being chased and a bloodlusting killer is using some dated mechanic to get you down.

    If a killer is using bloodlust to get you down, you have successfully wasted SOOO much of that killer's time. If bloodlust is getting you downed, then 3 gens should have popped during that chase.


    Bloodlust downs only ever happen when you have exhausted all of your pallets in the area. Unless you are just looping the killer around what is essentially an infinite loop and they eventually catch up to you because of bloodlust. In that case, bloodlust is a good thing.

  • @TheHourMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2238885#Comment_2238885

    If a killer is using bloodlust to get you down, you have successfully wasted SOOO much of that killer's time. If bloodlust is getting you downed, then 3 gens should have popped during that chase.

    Bloodlust downs only ever happen when you have exhausted all of your pallets in the area. Unless you are just looping the killer around what is essentially an infinite loop and they eventually catch up to you because of bloodlust. In that case, bloodlust is a good thing.

    Solo q says hi!!

    And, it still counters bloodlust. Regardless of personal opinions on either. It counters BL.

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2243727#Comment_2243727

    Solo q says hi!!

    And, it still counters bloodlust. Regardless of personal opinions on either. It counters BL.

    I play almost exclusively solo queue. Red rank survivors should be pressuring gens. If you get a killer to level 3 bloodlust and no gens pop, that is entirely your team's fault, not a balance issue.

  • @TheHourMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2243869#Comment_2243869

    I play almost exclusively solo queue. Red rank survivors should be pressuring gens. If you get a killer to level 3 bloodlust and no gens pop, that is entirely your team's fault, not a balance issue.

    I think you are misreading me. I never said it was a balance issue. I have never said that my team should not have gotten gens done. I have never said that getting the killer to BL 3 isn't a good thing for the team.

    I only stated, DH does counter BL.

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2243885#Comment_2243885

    I think you are misreading me. I never said it was a balance issue. I have never said that my team should not have gotten gens done. I have never said that getting the killer to BL 3 isn't a good thing for the team.

    I only stated, DH does counter BL.

    Oh we're talking about Dead Hard? I don't have any issue with Dead Hard. It's fine just the way it is. Entirely counterable.


    My stances on these are "Bloodlust is an important mechanic designed to prevent infinites" and "Dead Hard is perfectly fine as it is."

  • @TheHourMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2243890#Comment_2243890

    Oh we're talking about Dead Hard? I don't have any issue with Dead Hard. It's fine just the way it is. Entirely counterable.

    My stances on these are "Bloodlust is an important mechanic designed to prevent infinites" and "Dead Hard is perfectly fine as it is."

    No argument here. I think it was just semantics. Have a great day.