Wraith’s “all seeing” blood, add on

Considering how good wraith is right now and this add on gives no negatives like scratched mirror Myers and Amanda’s letter piggy, I don’t think it should be this strong with zero drawbacks. You can’t even play immersed if you’re bad at looping when he can just walk around the map at Mach speed and easily find survivors trying to hide. You can use it at a survivor camping a pallet and you’ll be at a huge advantage since you can read their every move. Anyone else feel the same?

Tagged: ModTrusted

Comments

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2223279#Comment_2223279

    There is no amount of getting better that will beat a killer that spams cloaking and uncloaking for free hits and kills. Silent bell, wall-hacking addons. It's gamebreaking.

    Imagine saying that Wraith is overpowered and getting votes. How bad do you have to play survivor?

  • The common misconception from people outrageously replying to these threads is that wraith was a bad killer before the buffs.

    While windstorm add-ons were quite useful back then, he was still a pretty solid killer, and by no means "weak", with his hit and run gameplay being suitable for the kind of power it had.

    With his recent buffs, some add-ons are just too much and need to be toned down, period.

  • @Dstorv said:

    Iron will: Strong perk with no downsides.

    Blood amber: Addon for the key that allows you to see killers through walls with no downsides.

    But nah, Lets complain about a low tier killer having a single strong addon when survivors have plenty of perks and addons that are ridiculously strong with no downsides.

    I've literally never seen anyone complain about Blood Amber. Congratulations.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2223062#Comment_2223062

    If you really think wraith is overpowered, you need to get better at playing survivor.

    you are taking a known Forum troll seriously, ignore him

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2223279#Comment_2223279

    There is no amount of getting better that will beat a killer that spams cloaking and uncloaking for free hits and kills. Silent bell, wall-hacking addons. It's gamebreaking.

    The fact this comes from a nurse main kills me despite it being a joke lol.

  • @Bonquiqui414 said:

    Considering how good wraith is right now and this add on gives no negatives like scratched mirror Myers and Amanda’s letter piggy, I don’t think it should be this strong with zero drawbacks. You can’t even play immersed if you’re bad at looping when he can just walk around the map at Mach speed and easily find survivors trying to hide. You can use it at a survivor camping a pallet and you’ll be at a huge advantage since you can read their every move. Anyone else feel the same?

    Define "No Drawback's" when 5% of his add-ons affect the bell and 95% of them only have an effect when he's cloaked?

  • In most games "wall hacks" are called cheats.

    In DBD, you are told to "git gud"

  • Anyway as for all seeing blood its quite memey and a bit situational but pretty strong if you build for it. I don't use it that much but when I do its always pretty fun even if its not as dynamic as the other add-ons

  • All seeing blood is decent but wraith has the drawback he cant hit while the aura reading is up. He still has to uncloak first. Pig and scratch mirror can (pig can just stand up also) Personally i think its fine and some other of his addons need to be slightly better.

  • Wraith should only see Survivors when a Flashlight shines on him, period.

  • @glitchboi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2223843#Comment_2223843

    Just because a killer is weak in any way doesn't mean they should have access to braindead add-ons. Base-kit Wraith is fine.

    The issue is that Wraith no longer needs to rely on add-ons, meaning he has freedom for whatever he wants. The issue was that he had to rely on Windstorm, and now that he doesn't need to, he can use both silent bell and all-seeing at the same time. See the problem?

    When Wraith didn't get this update then yeah sure, the add-ons would be fine. But in this case, nah.

    And yes, I'm afraid you are being rude. It's called passive-aggressiveness, in case you didn't know what that means.

    If we're going to start looking at things in game that are braindead, the survivor meta needs looking at first. Literally before anything. Period. No counter point exists.

  • @Laluzi said:

    It's a pretty strong addon by today's standards, but that's because addons have been getting weaker and more cautiously implemented. Take a look at Billy's addon pass as an example - near-everything that gives him something noticeably good now takes something important away. Good steering? More penalty. Faster chainsaw? You're a 110% now. I don't like this and I don't think this should be the standard... but by that standard, 12m wallhacks when you're not in a chase doesn't add up.

    I'd rather not see it go, and I quite like the effect it has on the game - and of course the tradeoff is that he can't use it while actually chasing someone, only locating - but I can see how it doesn't line up anymore. Pig has the same addon as an iridescent with a load of drawbacks that make it basically not worth using. That power level sure as hell isn't the right answer either, and I'd be horrified if they made that the standard, but Wraith might need the power or versatility of his reduced. Possibly a slowdown to uncloaking, so that its use is less oppressive and he can't use it mid-chase once at certain tiles?

    But I'd hate to see it completely removed or reworked - All-Seeing Spirit, too. I think Wraith has one of the best addon sets in the game. Simple enough to be easy to understand, lots of varieties, lots of different playstyles. Few that are actually useless. Him being able to wallhack suits him perfectly - it's the magnification of all of his perks. He's meant to be a tracker.

    Survivors don't want killers to be versatile. they want them to be the same every game and be boring af for the killer player.

  • @Red_Beard said:

    I did a little experiment and played 50 wraith games all while at rank 1 and 2 before his buff and I ended with a 79.5 kill percentage. I wasn't using All Seeing but even then I felt it was an extremely strong add on. Using it now I feel unstoppable. Add bone clapper on with that and it is absolutely unfun to play against, even when running spine chill.

    I've been playing around with some different builds. Right now I'm using bamboozle, enduring, spirit fury and whispers and running a shadow dance add on. It doesn't feel too OP and oppressive from a killer standpoint and if the survivors spread out and can loop, they can still do well.

    I thought Wraith was strong before but if you bring all his best, tinkerer, ruin, pop/undying plus All Seeing or stack on Windstorms, I imagine he would feel just as oppressive as tinkerer, ruin, pop/undying Freddy does.

    He is strong, but i also have a stupidly high kill average with Pyramidhead and i don't even have sound on. The problem is the ranking system is literal trash and they need to remove the safety pip to balance it out.

    The solution to everything in this game is just remove the safety pip or make it hard to get..

  • @JimbusCrimbus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2224556#Comment_2224556

    If we're going to start looking at things in game that are braindead, the survivor meta needs looking at first. Literally before anything. Period. No counter point exists.

    Both need to be looked at, equally. Both sides have braindead stuff. And we've already got a great start. Killers finally feel threatening, DS got its fix, etc.

  • Please keep threads on topic, thank you! I had to delete a lot of off topic comments.

  • @glitchboi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2227517#Comment_2227517

    Both need to be looked at, equally. Both sides have braindead stuff. And we've already got a great start. Killers finally feel threatening, DS got its fix, etc.

    While they both need looking at, both sides don't have an equal level of braindead stuff. Survivors first.

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2224471#Comment_2224471

    He is strong, but i also have a stupidly high kill average with Pyramidhead and i don't even have sound on. The problem is the ranking system is literal trash and they need to remove the safety pip to balance it out.

    The solution to everything in this game is just remove the safety pip or make it hard to get..

    I agree matchmaking many times gives lopsided matches. I did record enough data to be able to break survivors teams into categories. Full red tank teams my kill % was just under 70. I am a less than 2000 hour player that plays both sides and still make a lot of mistakes playing killer. I’m sure those with many more hours than me were even more dominate with him, especially because he is easy to learn and master.

    I am not confident there will ever be a great ranking system for this game. And that’s why I don’t mind the 2 kill 2 escape average for the player base as a whole. I don’t ever plan to play in a tournament and don’t feel the game needs to be balanced around tournament players since the majority of games played are PUB matches.

  • @Red_Beard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2227545#Comment_2227545

    I agree matchmaking many times gives lopsided matches. I did record enough data to be able to break survivors teams into categories. Full red tank teams my kill % was just under 70. I am a less than 2000 hour player that plays both sides and still make a lot of mistakes playing killer. I’m sure those with many more hours than me were even more dominate with him, especially because he is easy to learn and master.

    I am not confident there will ever be a great ranking system for this game. And that’s why I don’t mind the 2 kill 2 escape average for the player base as a whole. I don’t ever plan to play in a tournament and don’t feel the game needs to be balanced around tournament players since the majority of games played are PUB matches.

    Still not happy that the potential is there for survivors to win every game if they follow a set formula. My region has teams with thousands of hours and many players still around from 2016. myself included.

    The small playerbase and high hours means i get to experience things more often that others don't. Watching streamers has proven that to me... i still think they just get sniped by their viewers.

1 2 ›