I take back what I said about Blight not being S tier

I have been playing him for a few days now, really grinding on him (got him to p3 lvl 50 with the good perks). He is incredibly fun and strong as hell to play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIIX5YMaDCk&ab_channel=Yords

I will see if I can upload an even better match with him in a little while.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Is learning hard? I wanna try him but also i scared. Nurse is already hard and takes my time

  • I always have fun playing against a Blight. I love thinking about the angles and turns the Blight can do so I can avoid it. I'm glad more people are playing against him.

    I'm so glad Blight got the love he deserves from both the community and devs

  • @Northener1907 said:

    Is learning hard? I wanna try him but also i scared. Nurse is already hard and takes my time

    Yes he is, he is hard because you have to find all the places where you can use your power, and using it effectively takes time. Especially when there are so many places where he just slides off of on the most recently reworked maps. For example, autohaven shacks, they suck for using his power, you can only hit them head on on on of its 4 corners. You just slide off of it even when running straight.

    But it doesn't take too long to get a good feel for him, not nearly as long as nurse.

  • @Northener1907 said:

    Is learning hard? I wanna try him but also i scared. Nurse is already hard and takes my time

    It's more of learning what maps are good and bad for him he's not map dependent but rotten fields ormond and lyeres are bad maps for him but speed addons can fix that

    That and getting used to turning with him and learning how to use hit power at tiles

  • Blight is one of my most played killers and I find him incredibly strong and fun. He negates holding W, he has map mobility, and his lethality is insane. The skill cap of Blight is almost never-ending which is something a lot of other killers don’t have.

  • That was a very dominant performance.

    I'm on PS4 and I must say Blight is my least liked killer. I just can't get the hang of his rushing. I'm also lousy with Oni and his blood fury.

  • Before the buff/built in j-flick I would put him low A. However after the built in j-flick they gave him that was a substantial buff. I'm still deciding between high A and S at the moment.

    I find it quite weird how they're willing to give such a substantial buff to an already strong A tier killer yet we can't get anything significant for killers sitting in the D or F tier. Quite weird priorities.

  • I'd love to get good with Blight because he is such a fun killer to play as (and against), I just cannot get used to the bouncing and the rush though - my brain doesn't focus correctly with him.

  • @Blueberry said:

    Before the buff/built in j-flick I would put him low A. However after the built in j-flick they gave him that was a substantial buff. I'm still deciding between high A and S at the moment.

    I find it quite weird how they're willing to give such a substantial buff to an already strong A tier killer yet we can't get anything significant for killers sitting in the D or F tier. Quite weird priorities.

    Yeah that's what I was confused about. Why would they buff an already strong killer who is perfectly fine, but ignore the others for years now?

  • He gives me such an adrenaline rush when you plan out a route of rushes and it just all comes together

    like

    "okay he's running towards the shack, i'm gonna bounce of this and this then go for the hit"

  • Very nice gameplay. I enjoyed watching it. And yeah, Blight is ridiculous actually.

  • Blight is a monster when played properly. And I once thought no other killer would reach S Tier.

    Oh, if only I knew...

  • @Northener1907 said:

    Is learning hard? I wanna try him but also i scared. Nurse is already hard and takes my time

    He's much harder than Nurse to play effectively. She just needs accurate blinks and basic knowledge of how to use them - other than that, she travels in straight lines and requires little thought.

    Blight, on the other hand, requires a lot of practice to learn how to play tiles, and what tiles to play as an m1 killer. By extension he also requires good m1 skills. Mostly, however, you need to be able to take in a whole lot of information, sort it instantly, discard what's useless, and unlike Nurse he has to focus on much more than just the location of the survivor.

  • 0:07 - that's rough buddy.

  • On the note on the sliding off:

    Does anyone have the patience to go through every map and tile thereon to check where blight slides off?

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    On the note on the sliding off:

    Does anyone have the patience to go through every map and tile thereon to check where blight slides off?

    I do, but I don't have anyone to do a kyf with sooo yeah. Gonna have to learn that by myself.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    0:07 - that's rough buddy.

    P a i n

  • @Yords @onemind @BrokenSouI @MadLordJack


    Thank you, i will try and i will share after i try him.

  • @Yords said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2204763#Comment_2204763

    I do, but I don't have anyone to do a kyf with sooo yeah. Gonna have to learn that by myself.

    someone's ought to help you out with it. (not me, i don't have the patience)

  • I said Blight is trash since day 1, but he is supposed to be better on console now? I will try this weekend to play Blight again. I gave up 1 week after he was released.

  • He's really fun and enjoyable to play as and against. If they revert him back to his PTB version I will... probably cry.

  • @glitchboi said:

    He's really fun and enjoyable to play as and against. If they revert him back to his PTB version I will... probably cry.

    You mean the ptb where everyone thought he was just a worse hillbilly?

  • @HaunterofShadows said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2204836#Comment_2204836

    You mean the ptb where everyone thought he was just a worse hillbilly?

    Nah, the one where he had two attack cooldowns that took 10 years and the one where he couldn't break pallets with a lethal rush hit.

  • Honestly Blight is the best killer in the game from every angle imo. I love his design, hugely important in the lore, he doesn't have a single bad skin in my eyes, simple power on paper but really complex to people who sink the time into him, strong against SWFs, has counterplay, fun addons, perfect learning curve of being extremely easy to pick up but argueably harder to master than nurse. The only fault I can see with him is buggy collosion but that isn't even his fault its the maps having wonky collosion for everyone. Truly the drug addicted pinball is the superior killer.

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    On the note on the sliding off:

    Does anyone have the patience to go through every map and tile thereon to check where blight slides off?

    Well actually his latest collosion change made it slightly easier to test since they change it to be the m1 hitbox IIRC. Hop into a KYF with unrelenting everything you cane whiffs and just hits air you wount bump off anything where it tings off you bump on.

  • @Northener1907 said:

    Is learning hard? I wanna try him but also i scared. Nurse is already hard and takes my time

    Learning varies based on 2 factors

    either A improvisation skills, the better you are and more willing you are to try new and different things on the fly you can drastically increase effectiveness and learning speed but if you are either bad at it or not willing you will mess up power a lot or not improv enough and walk around too much scared to use your power

    and B learning from others, many people already learned their own ways to run most tiles so learning from them can give you a big boost early on to knowing what to do as blight, so rather than both not know how to hit with the power and how to get into position to hit in a lot of cases you only now need to learn how to hit

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2204755#Comment_2204755

    I disagree and think you diminish the skill nurse takes. And over value the skill blight actually takes. But that's fine. We all have our opinions.

    I really don't, Nurse is propped up on a pedestal by this community because of her punishing skill curve. People love to ignore that it drops off pretty damn quickly, leaving a Nurse with a dozen hours shredding through teams with hundreds, if not thousands, on survivor.

    Whereas Blight, to achieve a similar level of strength, needs to know exactly how to play every tile to remove any potential counterplay a la Nurse.

  • @Mandy said:

    I'd love to get good with Blight because he is such a fun killer to play as (and against), I just cannot get used to the bouncing and the rush though - my brain doesn't focus correctly with him.

    if the blight is good and using addons he ix extremely unfun to go against actually, not as terrible as spirit but still.

  • @Yords said:

    I have been playing him for a few days now, really grinding on him (got him to p3 lvl 50 with the good perks). He is incredibly fun and strong as hell to play.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIIX5YMaDCk&ab_channel=Yords

    I will see if I can upload an even better match with him in a little while.

    It censored a ######### name. I'm done.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2205850#Comment_2205850

    It's not near as complicated as you make it seem for blight. There's a lot of tiles where the answer is not even using your power and just chasing them down as a 4.6 because you can.

    Where as that same tile nurse can be cucked by LOS. And literally can't chase them down because she literally moves slower then the survivor and HAS to use her power to get a hit

    Actually, it is that complicated for Blight, because in order to achieve the same level of sheer uncounterable-ness as a Nurse the Blight has to know how to play every maze tile, main building, shack and most filler pallets, all of which requires the Blight to formulate plans and paths without ever being able to see the destination.

    Nurse has to blink to where she lost LoS and not be an idiot trying to predict everything.

  • Definitely buying Blight now.