How you are stopping gens?

I am not bad at killer, i am red rank already and i have +%60 wins already. But i really hate losing gens so fast. I mean that makes games so sweaty. I have chill games as killer so rare. Always i have to show more effort.

Ruin is not helps, survivors finding it so fast. Even i protect it with Undying.

Pop helps little but still gens really so fast. So how you are dealing with that. Any tips? And i am patrolling gens as well, Freddy is good with that but still so many times i am losing 3 gens in start.

Comments

  • I use corrupt pop to have less of an area to focus on at the start. I’m able to secure a down or two in the first 2 minutes hurting any gen progress the survivors manage to get. I like pairing whispers and bbq with pop and corrupt to maximize finding where the survivors are.

  • Ruin + Surveilance helps. Although, if I'm being honest, it would be nice if kicking gens and base regression were a little better.

  • i'm not bothering with slowdown

    max aggression and chase power is how i play

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/250988/how-you-are-stopping-gens

    You love freddy. So it's not that bad tbh. I run Tinkerer, Pop, Ruin, BBQ. Undying is so over rated since it's nerf it's not funny...But basically this is every match and how I start. Find the first survivor. If they're alone..Get my hit and go looking for the other survivors because they spawned together. Try to regress that early generator the best you can while taking chase of course...Then just listen to tinkerer and telelport where you're needed. Rather it's to chase, or Pop it if ruin is gone...Then it's just creating pressure and not giving them time to breathe/heal the best you can. I 4k my freddy games probably 98 % of the time.

    Freddy is really help, teleporting gen is pretty good power. But i have problem with other killers. Ghostface, Myers losing gens so fast, specially Myers. When i get T3, min 2 gens finishing. That is really problem.

  • I use Ruin/Undying and snowball. But that's kind of Plague's strength.

  • I am not. Now give me my Fire Up V A L U E:

    image.png

    Just kidding.

    You play Freddy, right? You can use Ruin and Tinkerer together, and that alone will help you a lot. BBQ and Pop is also a very good combo, especially if your chases are quick.

    Thanatophobia and Dying Light are not bad options, either. You can also take an unexpected path and go with Devour Hope.

    Gen rush is way more sinister than what it once was, but there are some things you can do.

  • @Northener1907 said:

    I am not bad at killer, i am red rank already and i have +%60 wins already. But i really hate losing gens so fast. I mean that makes games so sweaty. I have chill games as killer so rare. Always i have to show more effort.

    Ruin is not helps, survivors finding it so fast. Even i protect it with Undying.

    Pop helps little but still gens really so fast. So how you are dealing with that. Any tips? And i am patrolling gens as well, Freddy is good with that but still so many times i am losing 3 gens in start.

    Corrupt. Corrupt. Corrupt. I see this lots now as most of my roster don't have it right now (just hit P3 ) but my build vary by killer as well. Freddy honestly just need bbq and pop adding sloppy and thana or corrupt is GG EZ. My huntress I run Corrupt and that's it. My pig has Dying light and sometimes sloppy but rarely depends if I'm having off days and need some extra time. Surge is great for M1 killers but there is nothing like POP imo with 2 gens left which is most games these days with the spread out meta.

  • Accept some games you cant, simply put some maps and rng are so bad its impossible to win if the survivors are good. Biggest issue is game start, even if the first gen I walk to I find a survivor and down them at that look as quick as possible by the time iv hooked them 3 gens are nearly done, if it's a big map I lose 3 gens for the fastest chase possible. Like the survivor got hit twice at the same tile and I still lost 3 gens. But when it's not those top % i use ruin and pop, might start using ruin,corrupt and pop to stop the early gen rush

  • @Northener1907 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2201717#Comment_2201717

    Freddy is really help, teleporting gen is pretty good power. But i have problem with other killers. Ghostface, Myers losing gens so fast, specially Myers. When i get T3, min 2 gens finishing. That is really problem.

    I just got done running Mike to P3 I had great success with POP and Corrupt is a must on him. Also if you don't have corrupt to help with the beggining gm stalk use PWYF to zoom around. Now Mike is also the character I get the most value out of fire up with as you tend to lose some gens stalking or at least I do cause I like to use EW extenders (not Unlimited) just extenders. His vault speed is so funny later in game.

  • @Northener1907 said:

    I am not bad at killer, i am red rank already and i have +%60 wins already. But i really hate losing gens so fast. I mean that makes games so sweaty. I have chill games as killer so rare. Always i have to show more effort.

    Ruin is not helps, survivors finding it so fast. Even i protect it with Undying.

    Pop helps little but still gens really so fast. So how you are dealing with that. Any tips? And i am patrolling gens as well, Freddy is good with that but still so many times i am losing 3 gens in start.

    If you aren't patrolling gens ruin has no value. Pop is strong but only if you're good at ending chases fast.

    Honestly you shouldn't really be having any trouble as Freddy. He downs pretty quick, can cross the map in seconds and has no setup.

  • @Northener1907 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2201717#Comment_2201717

    Freddy is really help, teleporting gen is pretty good power. But i have problem with other killers. Ghostface, Myers losing gens so fast, specially Myers. When i get T3, min 2 gens finishing. That is really problem.

    For Myers, you really need to do 1 of 2 things. Either run Corrupt Intervention, or if you haven't got that run Sloppy Butcher maybe with Boyfriend's Letter and stab people before you leave Tier 1. Also if you've got it, Oppression can also very much help Myers get some needed slowdown before he starts tiering up.

  • @Northener1907 said:

    I am not bad at killer, i am red rank already and i have +%60 wins already. But i really hate losing gens so fast. I mean that makes games so sweaty. I have chill games as killer so rare. Always i have to show more effort.

    Ruin is not helps, survivors finding it so fast. Even i protect it with Undying.

    Pop helps little but still gens really so fast. So how you are dealing with that. Any tips? And i am patrolling gens as well, Freddy is good with that but still so many times i am losing 3 gens in start.

    Don't stay chasing one Killer for too long. At the start of the game, I dont chase survivors for a down until I know where 3 are at the very least (unless I know I can get a quick down). I'll hit them and move on until I think its time to start chasing. Later on in the game, if you are chasing someone for too long, move on and find people to Harass on gens and chase other people. The more pressure you apply to everyone, the slower the gens will go.

  • I guess for me. I'd like to see the killer's perks actually CONTROL the match more dramatically in some way, shape or form. VS how the perks are now.

    The only strong perks that make for good plays are Warden, NOED, LIGHTBORN and using the end game collapse to make these plays at the very end. Otherwise the kits don't have much to them anymore to slow the match down enough. While I am occupied with a chase. Because If I am chasing. I am not controlling generators.

  • If all else fails, use 4 gen regression perks.

  • People will give you tips here but lemme tell you how all the killers against me win when they realize they lost 2 gens too fast - they tunnel and camp. then survivors become altrustic and from there all the game goes down hill. have fun

  • I'm not a fan of using obnoxious hex builds to slow down the game.

    You can get decent gen protection using Corrupt and PGTW.

    Additionally, you can play one of the top tier killers and start slugging.

  • There are really two options. You stack a bunch of gen slowdown together and make the game last forever and be boring for all involved or you down people quicker. You have to give the survivors something else to do besides generators. They cannot do gens and hook save, heal, pick someone up off the ground, get chased all at the same time.

  • @Northener1907 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2201717#Comment_2201717

    Freddy is really help, teleporting gen is pretty good power. But i have problem with other killers. Ghostface, Myers losing gens so fast, specially Myers. When i get T3, min 2 gens finishing. That is really problem.

    The best thing you can do is record some matches and upload the ones where you really struggle to slow gens. People give helpful feedback and it may be that there’s some stuff you can use to improve your early game.

    Throwing on more slowdowns isn’t the answer IMO. You shouldn’t need tons of slowdown in most matches.

  • @Northener1907 said:

    I am not bad at killer, i am red rank already and i have +%60 wins already. But i really hate losing gens so fast. I mean that makes games so sweaty. I have chill games as killer so rare. Always i have to show more effort.

    Ruin is not helps, survivors finding it so fast. Even i protect it with Undying.

    Pop helps little but still gens really so fast. So how you are dealing with that. Any tips? And i am patrolling gens as well, Freddy is good with that but still so many times i am losing 3 gens in start.

    You don't, because you can't. Anyone telling you otherwise is lying. The average killer gets his first hook by the time 1 or 2 gens pop. There are 4 survivors in the game and they are not always stupid. People bring up Feddy but he can't teleport at the beginning of the game.

    Gen speed is bullshit and "scaring survivors out of gens" does nothing, you scare them and they come back, you hit them an they still come back. The only way to stop a survivor from doing gens is hooking them. "Apply pressure" is a meme.

  • maybe is not the perks then is your playtsile or how good u are at creating pressure.

  • If you play Hag without Corrupt you can lose 2-3 gens while setting up your net, but you can afford it. It's less stressful than playing killers that only chase around all game. So let the gens fly, then let the fun begin.

    You can also use end game builds on your killer, that makes gen speed tolerable.

  • Surveillance with Opression? Works well to me atleast.

  • @DBD78 said:

    If you play Hag without Corrupt you can lose 2-3 gens while setting up your net, but you can afford it. It's less stressful than playing killers that only chase around all game. So let the gens fly, then let the fun begin.

    You can also use end game builds on your killer, that makes gen speed tolerable.

    • you can lose 2-3 gens while setting up your net, but you can afford it.
    1374687238_preview_skeletonKey.png


  • Playing the long game works for me, but if you prefer not to shrink the map by letting them have a couple of gens early on in exchange for molding the map as you see fit, then the best defence is a good offence.

    Take a survivor down quickly and take them to a hook that is either basement or away from most gens. Map control isn't all about the gens, and forcing survivors away from this main objective will slow the game down.

    Alternatively, injure as many as you can as they flock together. They'll escape and heal, taking time away from gens.

    Basically, in the words of the great Faith No More: Be Aggressive ... but not in the way that song meant. That would change the game entirely.

  • Camp, tunnel and slug, there's a reason survivors don't like it and that's because it means they are more likely to lose. If they're going to rush gens then you need to rush kills to compensate.

  • My best advice that many people seem to ignore:

    Don't overcommit to a chase. Especially if that survivor is just throwing pallet after pallet down.

    Usually if they throw two pallets and they go to another safe zone where I know no gens are, I’m out. I will go find gens being worked on and chase them instead. Because at that point survivors trying to commit to that gen and the other injuries survivor will have to choose between starting a gen or heal.