Opening gates in madness 3

So just discovered this is a thing after 4 years of on/off playing Doc after a madness 3 claudette opened a gate in my face.

Just one question.

Why? I completely understand being able to unhook/use Hatch in madness 3 but this makes no sense to me. Kind of spits in the face of preparation as Doc by getting multiple players to M2 then setting off a static blast to buy some time in endgame.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Yeah pressing a button a few times is a lot of "preparation."

  • Because otherwise it could become completely impossible to escape. It's the same reason you can unhook in madness 3, so that the Doctor doesn't have the ability to completely deny survivors the ability to make critical plays in crisis situations. It's fair enough to assume that other players should have to snap out of it before opening the gates when there's multiple survivors on their feet, but when you're the last one left and the Doctor's found you? You're not getting out of there even if you had the gates up to 99 before he zapped you. Anti-stealth powers, you're randomly screaming and broadcasting your location, you can't snap out of it mid-chase, and the action only saves progress in 33% intervals - which is 3 seconds solid, so the best you can do is drop a pallet/pallet stun and then waste the majority of the time that buys on getting a third of the action done. And even if you do somehow snap out of it, he'd just need four more shocks, or two more and a static blast, while you're running back to the exit gate to make you do the whole thing over again.

    Doc's already better than most killers at interrupting actions from afar. I don't think this is a buff he needs.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    Yeah pressing a button a few times is a lot of "preparation."

    I mean, this is DBD, not Street Fighter. Very few things in this game take much skill or forethought. Short of being a good Nurse.

    Getting most survivors to madness two and getting the down without putting them in 3 and wasting it takes more thought than a good chunk of killers.

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    So just discovered this is a thing after 4 years of on/off playing Doc after a madness 3 claudette opened a gate in my face.

    Just one question.

    Why? I completely understand being able to unhook/use Hatch in madness 3 but this makes no sense to me. Kind of spits in the face of preparation as Doc by getting multiple players to M2 then setting off a static blast to buy some time in endgame.

    if a caludette can't open the exit gate that means the killer can keep her there forever

  • If a survivor couldn't open the exit gate when they were in T3 Madness that could be a potentially abusable situation - the Doc could effectively not do anything but shock the survivors and EGC wouldn't start so the match could be held hostage indefinitely.

  • @Mandy said:

    If a survivor couldn't open the exit gate when they were in T3 Madness that could be a potentially abusable situation - the Doc could effectively not do anything but shock the survivors and EGC wouldn't start so the match could be held hostage indefinitely.

    True, but you can do that wiith a hooked survivor already. It feels inconsistent. I feel like situations like those hurt the players who don't go out of their way to take a game hostage.

    Like, how many players actually blocked basement stairs for DCs? I saw it twice in the 4 years I've played. Meanwhile for other killers it could be a tactic to queue up hits on multiple players in the basement. Removing stuff like that from fringe cases ruins it for the people that try to be creative.

  • @Mandy said:

    If a survivor couldn't open the exit gate when they were in T3 Madness that could be a potentially abusable situation - the Doc could effectively not do anything but shock the survivors and EGC wouldn't start so the match could be held hostage indefinitely.

    I do have 1 question though, why doesnt DS disable after touching the exit gate? I mean, you lose it when unhooking another survivor, so it would create the opposite situation where a survivor is in a potentially abusable situation where the killer can not effectively do anything for 60 seconds.

    Considering it disables on all other objectives, it's quite the odd one out.

  • @Predated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2197530#Comment_2197530

    I do have 1 question though, why doesnt DS disable after touching the exit gate? I mean, you lose it when unhooking another survivor, so it would create the opposite situation where a survivor is in a potentially abusable situation where the killer can not effectively do anything for 60 seconds.

    Considering it disables on all other objectives, it's quite the odd one out.

    Does it not disable on touching an exit gate? I don't use the perk. Kinda wack if not.

  • Well it's not possible to open a gate while being in T3 madness.

    Experienced it today :

    • started opening the gate while in T2
    • Doc charged his Blast
    • I went into T3 and only had the option to remove madness

    Either it's a bug or it's intentionnal

  • @Adeloo said:

    Well it's not possible to open a gate while being in T3 madness.

    Experienced it today :

    • started opening the gate while in T2
    • Doc charged his Blast
    • I went into T3 and only had the option to remove madness

    Either it's a bug or it's intentionnal

    Interesting. I think I'll try this again if I get any matches that reach endgame again as Doctor. I know Claudette was in madness 3 as she was healthy and doing the forward hunch that they do in madness 3.

    I wonder if its one of those inconsistent bugs like Plague sometimes being able to poison pallets/vaults while in corrupt purge mode.

  • @Adeloo said:

    Well it's not possible to open a gate while being in T3 madness.

    Experienced it today :

    • started opening the gate while in T2
    • Doc charged his Blast
    • I went into T3 and only had the option to remove madness

    Either it's a bug or it's intentionnal

    Did you stand still? If so, Snap out of it is always a priority if you stand still.

  • @Adeloo said:

    Well it's not possible to open a gate while being in T3 madness.

    Experienced it today :

    • started opening the gate while in T2
    • Doc charged his Blast
    • I went into T3 and only had the option to remove madness

    Either it's a bug or it's intentionnal

    I'm not certain of this, but I'm pretty sure your environmental prompts reset after being hit. This is why you can be healing a downed survivor or opening a gate, get hit, and suddenly the same button makes you self-care, wasting critical seconds that see you go down before you can reorient. The default moves to the top again and only gets shuffled back down after you move and re-prompt the game to give you access to the object you're interacting with.

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2197622#Comment_2197622

    Interesting. I think I'll try this again if I get any matches that reach endgame again as Doctor. I know Claudette was in madness 3 as she was healthy and doing the forward hunch that they do in madness 3.

    I wonder if its one of those inconsistent bugs like Plague sometimes being able to poison pallets/vaults while in corrupt purge mode.

    but maybe in my case it happened that i was already opening the gate ?

    So it would be similar to the Self-healing bug that make you self-care instead of unhooking/opening hatch ?

  • @Predated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2197622#Comment_2197622

    Did you stand still? If so, Snap out of it is always a priority if you stand still.

    Well i think i did yes.

    But even if it takes the priority shouldn't i have the prompt to open the gate aswell ? like usually in such bug (self-care) both options are flashling one after the other

  • @Adeloo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2197629#Comment_2197629

    Well i think i did yes.

    But even if it takes the priority shouldn't i have the prompt to open the gate aswell ? like usually in such bug (self-care) both options are flashling one after the other

    Well, they flash over each other depending on your movement and angle. My overall experience has been: the most recent change takes priority.

    Meaning that if you get hit, you can selfcare, but if you let go of m1 after selfcaring, the gate gets priority, but if you let go, selfcaring gets priority, and so on, and so on.

  • Even a madman can throw a lever.

    Frankenstein taught us this.

  • Madness 3 shouldn't stop you from using the Gates but it should stop you from using a key to jump into a closed hatch.