Why do people DC over the slightest thing.

I had a duo DC cause they popped haunted. It wasnt even that their teammate popped it since bill was on the hook I was chasing the steve and the only 2 doing bones/gen/unhooks was the two matching claudettes. Like even if it was a meghead popping haunted it might be a bit more understandable (still really stupid but a tad bit more understandable) but like you yourself popped the haunted and DCed. It wasnt even unwinablle I had like 5 hooks with 2 gens left cause I got my devour cleansed at 5 gens and my ruin at 4. They could have definitely escaped but nah DC time.

Comments

  • Seems like a silly reason to DC. Who knows though, sometimes you can have series of rough games as Survivor and just be done.

  • Because they are selfish and measure the entire world against their own needs. They are incapable of thinking of anyone else before themselves.

    If they are not having fun, they don't care if they screw over the rest of the team, or the game as a whole; they will flip the table & leave. Like toddlers.

  • I’ve DCed a few times for the stupidest reasons as well - it’s because my internet keeps crashing :(

  • @GannTM said:

    I’ve DCed a few times for the stupidest reasons as well - it’s because my internet keeps crashing :(

    As a fellow ######### internet user I feel you. Last night I DCed with a 3 man slug bps and pudding.

  • I'm going to guess if two disconnected at the same time overnsomething that didn't effect them, that it's a connection issue made them drop

  • They probably had nothing but bad games before.

    I had a rank 1 killer DC because I cleansed their Ruin at the start of the match.

    People don't want to play if things seem to go badly all the time.

  • I've had people DC because they were the first person to be found. My favorite DCer is the one that grabs my attention with a flashlight, fails a mind game, gets hooked, gets saved, grabs my attention again, gets downed AGAIN, uses DS, steps in a trap and quits. Like seriously, you came to me. Why did you do that?

  • It depends how my games and the game has been going if I'm solo queuing with bad teammates and a blatantly try-hard killer then I'll probably dc if I can say for sure that the game will make no progress.

    However, for a duo to dc over something that they don't know will or won't affect them is honestly pathetic. Same goes with people who dc because they had a poor first chase, or killers who dc because their hex totem instantly got cleansed. Literally the other day I played against a huntress who dc'd because her devour hope was cleansed within the first 30 seconds of the game ;/

  • Because people don't know how to take a break.

    Something bad happens and they jump right into next game. another bad thing happens and they get frustrated but still hop right into the next game. Then they get so frustrated that every little thing annoys them. Frustration creates more frustration and they end up rage quiting over the smallest thing.

    Sad part is that all of it could have been avoided by just playing something else for like a half hour.

    "If you are frustrated, go play civ 5" is like one of the best pieces of advice given but most of the community is too dense to understand it

  • Because then they can tell themselves they didn't lose. The killer didn't kill them so they can convince themselves that it doesn't count as a loss.

  • Do any of you see killer DCs? I've had that happen a couple times and can only assume that it's because of a lost connection. It seems weird to me that a killer would ragequit.

  • @miketheratguy said:

    Do any of you see killer DCs? I've had that happen a couple times and can only assume that it's because of a lost connection. It seems weird to me that a killer would ragequit.

    Yes surprisingly and for just as weird of reasons. I took a hit for someone and they DCed. I headon someone and they DCed. I saved someone from a facecamping trapper with BT and they DCed. There is hella weird DCs for both sides.

  • @miketheratguy said:

    Do any of you see killer DCs? I've had that happen a couple times and can only assume that it's because of a lost connection. It seems weird to me that a killer would ragequit.

    I've seen it happen but very rarely. It could be that there's 4 survivors for every killer that it just feels like survivors DC more often. I've had killers quit because they failed to get a hook by the time 3 gens popped. I've seen killers quit because ruin was found. I had 1 bubba rage quit because he was chasing me for a good while. He got close, sprinted with his chainsaw and somehow I dropped a pallet perfectly to stun him without his chainsaw breaking it.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2189949#Comment_2189949

    I've seen it happen but very rarely. It could be that there's 4 survivors for every killer that it just feels like survivors DC more often. I've had killers quit because they failed to get a hook by the time 3 gens popped. I've seen killers quit because ruin was found. I had 1 bubba rage quit because he was chasing me for a good while. He got close, sprinted with his chainsaw and somehow I dropped a pallet perfectly to stun him without his chainsaw breaking it.

    Ouch. Getting 3 gens down is probably the most consistent average in any of the games I've played (sometimes we don't get any, sometimes we get them all, but at least 3 seems to be the most common result) so yeah, having a killer DC just because of that is pretty rough.

    @Friendly_Blendette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2189949#Comment_2189949

    Yes surprisingly and for just as weird of reasons. I took a hit for someone and they DCed. I headon someone and they DCed. I saved someone from a facecamping trapper with BT and they DCed. There is hella weird DCs for both sides.

    LOL taking a hit and then having the game end because of a DC is really amusing to me for some reason. It's almost as if the killer was like "oh no, what have I done?" and disconnected out of regret. XD

  • @miketheratguy said:

    Do any of you see killer DCs? I've had that happen a couple times and can only assume that it's because of a lost connection. It seems weird to me that a killer would ragequit.

    I had one killer dc at the start of the trial. The reason, I'm guessing, is that they put an offering in for the MacMillan Estate, and a survivor put an offering for Léry's Memorial Institute; the survivor got their wish and the dc dong sounded a second or so after spawning.

  • @Marc_go_solo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2189949#Comment_2189949

    I had one killer dc at the start of the trial. The reason, I'm guessing, is that they put an offering in for the MacMillan Estate, and a survivor put an offering for Léry's Memorial Institute; the survivor got their wish and the dc dong sounded a second or so after spawning.

    I am going to be honest I have done that before. I was playing mirror myers so I brought a hawkins offering. Survivors brough haddonfield. I was not playing mirror myers on haddonfield.

  • 2 reasons.

    Either entitlement. Or they just aren't having fun and want to play something else. No amount of band aid fixes like removed suicide on hook can stop someone who doesn't want to play the match.

  • @miketheratguy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2189999#Comment_2189999

    Ouch. Getting 3 gens down is probably the most consistent average in any of the games I've played (sometimes we don't get any, sometimes we get them all, but at least 3 seems to be the most common result) so yeah, having a killer DC just because of that is pretty rough.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2189989#Comment_2189989

    LOL taking a hit and then having the game end because of a DC is really amusing to me for some reason. It's almost as if the killer was like "oh no, what have I done?" and disconnected out of regret. XD

    I mean he was hard tunneling this feng on midwich and I sat in the doorway so he would have to tunnel me and the feng got to one of thos really strong windows with the breakable walls in the classroom. He was pretty mad Ï would say

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Some people just cant control themselves,its unfortunate the other survivors are punished because of someone else tantrum,but sometimes the killers show mercy when there's a dc especially early and take it easy.

    When a survivor quits for no good reason I'm 50/50 about going easy on the others.

    It sucks for the other 3 but it's not my fault that person DCed. If they still stand a chance of winning I'll play normally. If it's like a "no possible way to win" scenario I might farm with them. Ultimately I submit a report to the person who quit because I find it unsportsmanlike. Unless there's a legit reason for quitting but 99% of the time I see people DC when they get caught. Which leads me to believe their reason is selfish.

  • I disconnected recently but I was the only person in a match and it was to get back at the killer who was just ######### with me. It was a Pyramid Head who'd killed everyone but me, and I managed to get to the exit door. I started pulling the lever, he caught up with me, downed me, and I figured "ah, bummer, but it happens". But then he opened the door (how do killers do that by the way? I've tried but never got the prompt), dropped me, and allowed me to crawl toward the exit. He followed me the whole way and I thought that he was leading me to escape. I felt grateful. You know where this is going.

    He grabbed me when I was within arm's reach of the escape line and started carrying me to the nearest hook. After rolling my eyes in exasperation and throwing out a select combination of words I then said "ya know what"? Boom, disconnect. I laughed to myself, knowing that in exchange for all of my points I'd deprive him of his sleazy little victory. It was worth it.

    Beyond that, yeah, I try really hard not to be the DC guy. It really does screw the other survivors for no good reason.

  • They dc because of everything. I just hit a Survivor over a window as Huntress and downed them. It wasn't even a weird looking "Huntress hitbox" hit, it was a clean down.

    They were the 1st one found, got downed and then dc'd.

  • @Friendly_Blendette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2190022#Comment_2190022

    I am going to be honest I have done that before. I was playing mirror myers so I brought a hawkins offering. Survivors brough haddonfield. I was not playing mirror myers on haddonfield.

    Credit where credit is due, well done for confessing your crime.

    Please do not do that again in future.🙏

  • I never DC on purpose - my PC and internet suck so I end up getting booted out of matches. Sometimes I'm having fun and just BAM! It really irks me.

  • @Marc_go_solo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2190037#Comment_2190037

    Credit where credit is due, well done for confessing your crime.

    Please do not do that again in future.🙏

    Yeah but seriously I dont think a single player in the world is willing to play mirror myers on haddonfield. If they do they are a ######### saint

  • @stikyard said:

    Seems like a silly reason to DC. Who knows though, sometimes you can have series of rough games as Survivor and just be done.

    True, but I wouldn't DC, I'd probably just take a break or play killer (which is easier for me).

  • It's a ragequit. Something happened they didn't like, they quit.

    It's very rarely worth it to try to find any deeper meaning behind it than that.

  • @Friendly_Blendette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2190218#Comment_2190218

    Yeah but seriously I dont think a single player in the world is willing to play mirror myers on haddonfield. If they do they are a ######### saint

    Honestly, I would. However, I always use randomizers for my perks, add-ons, etc., and I've not had the Mirror/ Haddonfield combination, so am unsure exactly how devastating it would be. Yet it's only one trial and maybe I could learn something for it.

    Also, I rarely play the guy.