New lucky break

Lucky break only lasts 45 seconds now. I feel like it’s actually going to be okay now

How we feelin?

Edit: Off topic but now every trial has an obsession! Us solo players thank you BHVR

Comments

  • Lucky Break is still pretty bad. I won't be using it.

  • You realistically only get 29-37 seconds of use since the timer still decreases while healing. This is assuming the killer also doesn't have any slowdown perks affecting healing. What could've been a meta change for survivors that killers complain about so much has panned out to be little more than yet another niche perk.

  • I feel like 45 was a bit too hard.

    They should have tested 60 seconds first

  • i know lucky break is a strong perk but they could have at least nerfed it to 60 seconds. you waste like 16 seconds on healing anyway

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    I feel like 45 was a bit too hard.

    They should have tested 60 seconds first

    Yeah I agree. Halving it’s counter is kinda harsh

  • Should have made the duration something like 15 seconds at tier 3 but have it reset each time you heal.

  • Yet again they proved too scared to do something risky. Lucky break could've been a nice shift from the survivor stale meta (because let's be honest, killers meta is not as stale)

    I'm really disappointed, because now it's probably even worse than the original version

  • I reckon it's going to be worse then the original Lucky Break.

    Realistically, you're not going to be able to escape the Killer and heal to full in under 45 seconds.

    A normal heal takes 16 seconds, and Self-Care takes 32.

    Most of the timer is going to be wasted in chase, because the perk does not make you invisible. The Killer can still see and hear you.

  • @th3 said:

    You realistically only get 29-37 seconds of use since the timer still decreases while healing. This is assuming the killer also doesn't have any slowdown perks affecting healing. What could've been a meta change for survivors that killers complain about so much has panned out to be little more than yet another niche perk.

    It still almost guarantees escape on first hit. That's not a small deal since early game is so important for killers.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Lucky break only lasts 45 seconds now. I feel like it’s actually going to be okay now

    How we feelin?

    Edit: Off topic but now every trial has an obsession! Us solo players thank you BHVR

    45s is good if it reset some way like when hooked

  • @Superyoshiegg said:

    I reckon it's going to be worse then the original Lucky Break.

    Realistically, you're not going to be able to escape the Killer and heal to full in under 45 seconds.

    A normal heal takes 16 seconds, and Self-Care takes 32.

    Most of the timer is going to be wasted in chase, because the perk does not make you invisible. The Killer can still see and hear you.

    Sloppy self care takes up the entire timer pretty much

  • @indieeden7 said:

    Should have made the duration something like 15 seconds at tier 3 but have it reset each time you heal.

    That would be even better than the original buff

  • I think it might've been nerfed a bit too hard. Though I think it'd be better for Off the Record to hide scratchmarks instead. That way it'd be an anti-tunnel perk that doesn't punish the killer with a 5 second stun.

  • @KingFrost said:

    I think it might've been nerfed a bit too hard. Though I think it'd be better for Off the Record to hide scratchmarks instead. That way it'd be an anti-tunnel perk that doesn't punish the killer with a 5 second stun.

    Yeah off the record could use some love

  • Oh, and my position of huge disappointment is from someone who would absolutely HATE going against it as killer, considering that versing stealthy survivors is what I find absolutely most boring

  • Well everyone was crying about it so hard that they made it now a perk that Noone is ever going to use. Gj.

  • So it's basically 1 time ues perk, that's good I guess.

    I still with they made it completely remove only blood forever and give the no-scratch makrs effect to some other perk.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2161368#Comment_2161368

    Sloppy self care takes up the entire timer pretty much

    Why would you use selfcare with lucky break? yellow medkit with brown addon will give you 2 heals in roughly 12 seconds.

  • The original 90 second version I saw as powerful and possibly meta changing.

    This 45 second version... meh. Looks like it'll be unremarkable. Some people who really love stealth might run it occasionally but I doubt we'll see a ton of it.

    Honestly I'm disappointed. I think they nerfed it way too hard.

  • I think as well that the change from 90 to 45 was to hard. As killer I would tried the 90 seconds too, but I could understand the concerns of other killers. 60 or 70 seconds would be ok. But let's see how often we will see this perk.

  • Should be 20s.

    I still hate it.