It kinda surprising how we don't have a fire or ice killer
It's been almost 5 years and BHVR has never made a killer with an ice or fire ability. It's kind of surprising since those are some of the most obvious activities to do in fictional games. you tink they will do a fire or ice a bility anytime soon since considering trickster i think they are running out of ideas
Comments
I don’t know I’ve wanted i killer that uses Fire and ice I have to names for them but one of them could be copyrighted
The Pyro
The Frost
Neither of those fit in the whole murderer theme of the game though. What's more baffling is not having a vampire or werewolf but instead some ######### kpop singer.
Lots of fire and ice skins already though and then there is also freddy who is a little bit overcooked.
good point but im sure BHVR can make it fit
You mean a psycho with a flamethrower doesnt fit in this game. Why exactly?
My Hero Academia chapter when ? 😳
Gimme Shoto Todoroki
Well, technically we got Freddy
i mean he just looks like a burned fish sandwich
I mean.. he thinks a psychopathic serial killer that kills his fans and incorporates their screams in his works doesn’t fit...
True.
Exactly
Both dynamic fire and ice are very hard to animate and either you do them perfectly or they look horrible and they tend to low FPS a lot when used, I think is better if they dont try it.
Static arenot that hard but powers cant be static like the burning barrels or lit Totems.
i suppose
but they have done fire effect before with one of the wraith's skins
and it looked pretty good
They also did ice for the recent killer skins. And the ice room in the Game map
Oh god no, I do love My hero academia but I don't think it fits DBD,
Genshin Impact license when?
An elemental-based killer would be #########' cool but I'm not sure how it'd work. Wait, I GOT IT.
Maybe an ice one can freeze generators, and survivors will have to push on the levers on the generator in order to break the ice for like 5 seconds for repairing. A simple slowdown ability.
Actually, not just generators, but interactable objects in general. Instead of doing what generators require, these ones just take slightly longer. Chests, totems, hooks, hell, maybe even pallets. Frozen pallets can be done once in a while by charging up the ability somehow, and then interacting with a pallet (for the killer only) and then making it non-interactable for survivors.
Now for fire, maybe the ability to burn breakable walls and thrown-down pallets with a flamethrower. The flamethrower can probably remove health states, and would be similar to Trickster's laceration. I'm not sure what else, though.
neat idea
i really like the frozen pallets
I am still hoping for an ice themed killer whose main gimmick is effecting the map itself(Freezing pallets to make throwing/vaulting them break them or freezing generators to force extra time thawing on that one specific generator).
I tried to make killer concepts on fire and ice elements.
Fire turned out as a Plague-like, Ice as a Huntress/Pyramid Head, but I still think the concepts are distinctive enough to those ones.
The Ice Queen, The Firebreather,
Lmao knowing BHVR if they did that it would be something ridiculous like a pokemon chapter
I know,it's just a joke 🤣
Mr Freeze would be hilarious. Especially if the Arnold Schwarzenegger version with all those awesome puns in his accent
They're just waiting for the Mortal Kombat crossover to see if they get to use Scorpion or Sub Zero before they make an original killer with the other element.
I know but if the devs for some ungodly reason add it into dbd, I can only imagine the response
their particle effects alone would kill the engine
You cant compare Wraith Phanton of Vengenace skin to something like Plague's vomit but on fire/ice, the problem is not the fire itself when its an animation on a loop, or a stationary thing on a tile, the problem comes when it has to move and react to player input, especially fire since its supposed to shed light into its sorroundings. A jet of fire or ice like Plague's when she sprays someone is extremely hard to get done right.
There is a reason why flamethrowers are usually ignored as weapons in a lot of games, is very hard to do right and they usually plummet FPSs, also in games that do use flamethrowers or fire grenades they tend to jack up the smoke a lot so its harder to see if the flame is properly done or not.
Lets be honest, DBD doesnt have the best graphics nor the best performance, I dont discard a fire/ice Killer in the future but I believe its better if they focus on something else, at least for the time being.
I've been wanting a killer with a flamethrower since forever tbh