What's Your Opinion On A FNaF/Robot Killer?
What's your opinion of a FNaF/Robot killer?
EDIT: It doesn't have to be FNaF, I just put that there because it seemed like they would group in with the "robot" category.
What's your opinion of a FNaF/Robot killer?
EDIT: It doesn't have to be FNaF, I just put that there because it seemed like they would group in with the "robot" category.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Apologies, I’ve held that in for a while now.
I don’t think it would work, unless they used a phantom or nightmare animatronic. I do think hearing freddy’s Distorted, slowed laugh would really add to the atmosphere of the game. I’m not sure about this one.
No thanks. It's an overhyped game with an extremely cringy playerbase and community.
I had to google FNaF. For anyone else unfamiliar with it, they are talking about Five Nights at Freddy's. It's a silly jump scare game. I can't say I like the idea of Chuck'E Cheese animatronic robot killer in DBD. I don't think robots, ninjas, zombies, aliens, etc really belong. Though I suppose, a zombie isn't too far away from a spirit when you think about it.
Still, you almost got a Ninja Ghost in the last DLC
You have a point. Maybe an alien robot next time huh?
Which animatronic would they even put in? Freddy was the least scary one in the games (except Night 6/7 in FNAF1). I mean, he's the most iconic, and has the jingle playing when he moves around, but what power would you implement?
The power of jumpscaring 12 year olds and youtubers who fake-scream everytime he pops up.
No thanks, if you consider that horror then you haven't been on the internet for long.
No.
I feel so bad for Scott, the guy to this day is putting things in the games to drive AWAY that part of the fandom, by making the games more dark and morbid with each entry. He’s literally changing character designs to combat the cringe. And you know what I’m talking about.
Hes a great guy, and what made FNaF great, was the story that left nothing but clues and spawned thousands of theories. It was so interesting and intriguing because you didn’t have answers, only newspaper entries and voicemails to go on as well as rare paranormal happenings.
for me, the horror was what I could find on cameras, to see one of them is no longer where you remember, only to find them 5 rooms over, staring directly into your camera, was incredibly unnerving and made you feel uncomfortable. It was the subtle nature and tension that made me love it.
Its not for everyone, which is why the games are only around $3, because Scott knows and understands what his content is worth, and then gsme isn’t super complex, he has the restraint to not be greedy and nowadays that’s extremely rare and commendable
As for the idea of an animatronic killer, would probably be too silly to work in the same game as a pedo old man who was burned alive, or a crazed cannibal but the idea could be possible or just reworked into a different killer
I would say no thank you to both.
I feel the same way tbh. The game are pretty mediocre to decent quality and the lore for a few of the characters could easily tie them into Dead by Daylight. However the fanbase is where most Dead by Daylight players say no. I agree that the fanbase is pretty repulsive at sometimes, but unlike other people, I don't really see why this should be the main reason to say "no". I think the more "cancerous" side of the fandom is starting to fade, as I'm now seeing more general acceptance of the series when brought up in other topics. As for what killer it could be, the only FNaF killer than I feel could work is Springtrap. He's just really the only solid "killer" in the series.
Alright, this an opinionated debate, so there's no wrong or right answers here.
If robots in DbD seem to be the problem, just pick one of the more human killers of the series. I don't want to get too deep on this topic as this post is about robot killers.
Too silly for me.
I was thinking Springtrap if anyone. He's the most voted FNaF killer by far and some concept abilities for him have gained support on reddit (which overall seems to be the place where any FNaF ideas get shut down).
I agree that a child's entertainment bear isn't scary whatsoever, so maybe pick a more frightening character, like Springtrap.
Gotta agree on that first part! I don't believe that FNaF is that scary, but it has potential as shown by "The Hug" or other fan films.
Alrighty
I'm not saying the devs are right or wrong, but bringing a robot would clash with their rule of every Killer "being human" in some way or at some point.
And these guys LOVE their lore.
One could argue they're actually human cause there's a human soul in them, but i don't think they'd be satisfied with that: It'd still be a robot.
You could put a human soul in a book and call it a new Killer cause it has a human soul.
Though of all characters, Springtrap's not a bad idea, since his actual body is infused with it, though the devs would have to show a lot more skin, flesh and/or bone than he does in FNAF 3 to still show the human part of the character.
Not a single point I don't disagree with (well about the Scott thing). Scott knows that his games aren't that complex, which is why he charges little value for any of them. He hasn't made a FNaF game that is 10 (or more) dollars. I feel bad for Scott mainly just because of the hate that the games have gotten. He even said himself, "don't make the mistake of coming down on the fanbase as a whole".
100% agreed
What about an insane man who murdered a dozen innocent children, then proceeded to protect himself by hiding in a rusted suit. Later, surviving an entire building combust into flames. Finally, being killed in a second fire to go into an eternal purgatory where he is tortured by his victims? THAT'S, a fnaf killer that isn't too silly for ya.
It's a pretty grim story behind the series, but there's no denying that Scott Cawthon didn't write/tell it well, and expanded over time and needed to retcon stuff. That damaged its presentation when looking at it more than the creepy surface of it all.
On the flip side, the animatronics were always terribly creepy. Just playing FNAF1 still makes my spine crawl when viewing the stage and all of the animatronics are suddenly looking back at you.
Xenomorph from Alien series is actually considered an iconic horror monster.
well i mean, if they were to make a fnaf chapter, they would atleast use a character which is so important to the lore, springtrap as the killer and michael afton as the survivor, easy as that
I wrote "for me" for a reason.
What frightens you doesn't necessarily frighten me.
I'm not denying you your opinion though, don't worry. Just saying i don't think any character would fit as a Killer besides maybe Springtrap since he has the biggest killer in the FNAF franchise literally within him physically.
No. Don't even start talking or mentioning FnaF. Robot killers would be impossible to balance since robots are basically better humans and they should be twice as good as a survivor...now imagine a thing like that being boosted by the entity
I mean, twice as good as a Survivor means it'd be as good as 2 Survivors.
Shouldn't a Killer always be better in at least a 1v1? ;P
But are they? Nope xD That's why every survivor would cry and make the community even more split and cancerous.
But they should be, and a Killer representing what should be would be a great start.
Yes. And every sane player thinks like that. Too bad most of the survivor mains don't think like that and start moaning when a strong killer is introduced into the game.
I can see where your coming from. Strong killers are a touchy subject among survivors (for obvious reasons), but most survivors should HOPEFULLY agree that 1 survivor should be weaker than the killer. If they don't agree to that, then they have no right to help balance this game.
There's an idea going around for a while now that DS should just stun the Killer, but not free you from their grip.
While the Killer's stunned, they wouldn't be able to walk or move their camera, and they'd be susceptible to being blinded while in this animation, successfully freeing the grabbed Survivor.
It could also be used to stop the Killer at a pallet, so an other Survivor has enough time to pull it down.
While i'm uncertain if this idea would be "the ideal solution to make literally everyone happy", my point is that, what it would do, is reinforce the idea that you'd need some help to overcome the Killer's advantages over you.
when i see ANY of the FNaF characters running around in the fog, i will f*cking uninstall!
but seriously, no. FNaF should never be in this game.
any other form of killer robot could be interesting... maybe. depends on the idea.
Is there still an obsession mechanic to this? If so, what would be the difference between using as the obsession vs. using it as not as obsession?
Longer stun time for Obsessions i'd wager, to give Flashlight people more time.
They tried that and concluded it'd make SWF even more powerful.
Am I the only one who doesn't find FNaF funny or scary? TBH the robots look like something out of a child's drawing, just "creepy" dolls with big teeth.
I don't find FNAF funny or scary.
JUMPscary at most.