The Continued Ignorance of Performance Issues Continues to Hamper Player Fun
Recently, it's been getting more and more difficult to enjoy this game and to look over the glaring issues. The Console port of DBD has shown that the game is extremely poorly optimized, and performance will continue to get worse unless BHVR addresses the issues now.
I fear that soon, the game will become unplayable for us on current-gen Consoles. Resident Evil broke the game for a month, and it still hasn't fully recovered. What this shows is that the issue is built into the game itself, and will likely continue to worsen if it is not resolved. Likewise, we are seeing the return of bugs long thought patched, which makes me suspect that the entire code is starting to crumble under the weight of the game. I hope BHVR takes the time to do this correctly and fixes their game. If they do not, I fear we will soon lose the ability to play it at all.
Here are some videos demonstrating my points, please note that these were all taken PRIOR to the RE patch in June of 2021. These issues have been plaguing Console players since the game was ported in 2017. I doubt there will ever be an official confirmation from BHVR, but it is important that we do not let these issues go silently. The only thing we can do is continue to talk and spread awareness about them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl7zIxwMUn0&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7p_8C649Rs&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSa8yNir8wU&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlwQc0rdiM0&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tQaee-Od90&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360August Edit: Well, we are nearing 100 pages. Congrats everyone. We still haven't gotten an answer from BHVR about what happened to Optimization, but we have inspired others to start to question it. I've furthered clarified the purpose of the thread and adjusted some of the language used in this opening statement to better reflect that.
Thank you.
Comments
Bruh you're like Ellie from TLOU.
We need your Console to make a cure
We do like trying to ADS with Deathslinger and freezing
But I don't want it to die:(
Put the console down, and walk away. It's for the better good I assure you
NOOOOO
Well said.
Wellllllllllll...... I suppose you can keep it. :)
:)
Ping doesn't have anything to do.with freezes like that especially considering that I avrage at 40 ping
True.
Imagine the flames apex would have to.deal with if when you aimed your game froze for like half a second
Idk why we put up with this
Imagine Siege but everytime you ADS the game freezes.
Or when someone deploys a gadget.
Or a drone.
Or puts up a wall.
Or breaks down a wall.
I think you get the picture
Today is the day, fellow Console gamers
Fingers crossed
I can't be bothered to read this entire thread, what's the state of DBD on PS4 right now? I just recently got a fan replacement and use an ethernet cable and it's been running okay for me.
I hate being hit when I blow a window 3 sevondi before the killer comes ... I hope they optimize the game on all platforms!
Yeah,just have 500โฌ to buy a new console and be lucky enough to even get one right now thanks to scalpers.
/s
I can play any game just fine on my PS4 but DbD
It can be bad.
I shouldn't have to buy a new Console to play a 5 year old game.
Besides, BHVR promised 60 FPS on Console's and lower end PC's
Man, I can't believe this thread has 20 goddamn pages. It's literally the biggest thread I've seen.
Let's hope the stream today can finally give us an update on console optimization.
I hope so.
There have been MUCH larger threads.
I really hope they give a solid response when it comes to optimization and it's included on the roadmap.
both of the above are out of stock
The only possible console to get is the lower-spec, digital/stream only Xbox Series S for under ยฃ500.
In the middle of economic recovery in some places, total lockdown for others. Where they have to save money.
Just get a next gen console 6head.
Same.
I know there probably have been bigger threads than this, but either I forgot them or I wasn't around to see them (I've only been on here for around half a year.)
Let's hope so
I have an Xbox1x, touted as the strongest console until this past winter, and it was new after DBD was ported over.
Runs pretty much any other game no problem, many bigger & far more demanding, but DBD it just cannot digest well at all. And for a variety of reasons i will be on this console for some time to come.
What I and many here are looking for is an update to thoroughly optimizing this game (which helps all platforms), and a timeframe for that goal of 60 fps for us all from March 2019.
I see you've finally commented
Welcome :)
i was biding my time
This is probably is just an Xbox hardware issue in general since it seems Xbox players are the ones having stutter issues. I have not seen many ps4/ps5 users complain about stutter. Even myself played on the ps4 pro and never had stutter issues/lag.
@OniWantsYourMacaroni would like to talk
@OniWantsYourMacaroni
You're being summoned again.
Thank you for this.
We do like to see facts posted here.
Agreed. Honestly I don't get the people coming in wanting to discredit those of us that obviously have optimization issues with them game or try turning it into an us v them. Is it really so bad to want the performance improved for everyone?
They promised that they'd do it.
It is also not 299 for a new Console, it's MUCH more.
Oh boy,i can tell you that you experience those framerate issues on PS4 aswell
Idk why people think this is just a one Console issue
It shouldn't be an us vs them.
The game should run at 60 FPS for everyone
The us v them stuff is just an unnecessary distraction. I shouldn't be surprised but it really does blow my mind people are so vocal against the devs improving performance for everyone.
@MandyTalk Can you pin this? I think there are a lot of us waiting to see a response on this and it would be nice if I didn't have to search for the thread.
It's usually towards the top of the Forums, but that would be helpful
Still carrying on the good fight I see I salute you ๐ฝ๐
I was watching the stream tonight and they said something very interesting I'm not sure if it is what's causing our issues tho but possibly could be.
So they was taking about relaying new pipe work and slowing taking out older programs that needs bringing up to standards they want ..so what if it's the conflict while these things are going on that in turn are causing the frame drops for us console people .
I just like had that thought when they was talking about it so maybe we could discuss that possibility ?!
๐ท๐
It really is
I feel like they would've said, "hey, this'll help with Console FPS"
Yeah I felt like it was danced around we heard that game health is a pillar but nothing in detail .I'm just trying to add things we can disscus that's on topic because you know why ๐
Oh btw saving blood points from rift is pinned but not this just saying ๐ท๐๐ฝ๐
Yes :)
@MandyTalk
Any info to share following the Anniversary stream? I think a lot of us were hoping for an acknowledgement during the stream.
Obviously, that didn't happen, so were you able to get any news for us?
Thank you :)
If BHVR abandoned PS4 I at least want cross progression so I can abandon it too, I'm not paying $400+ on a next gen just to play DBD no sir.
We already have to deal with controller limitations, at least let the performance be fine or let me take my junk and move.
Ideally optimization and KB&M support would come through.
No cross progression, console optimization or even M&K support for console mentioned in the stream.
What a letdown
I agree 100%
Disappointing even when I expected nothing
I just did a little search through the optimization forum section between some matches this morning. In the first 5 pages, about 150 threads, there are 4 of the 150 threads that are closed and the reason was the thread was in the wrong section or not a valid concern as it was working as it was supposed to be, 2 were closed with no response as to why but were still in pending, 1 was answered and acknowledge as an already reported bug and 1 was answered and told it was posted in the wrong forum section.
So 142 threads in optimization in the first 5 pages are still in a pending status with no response. The oldest one I noticed was almost a year ago, June 2020.