The Continued Ignorance of Performance Issues Continues to Hamper Player Fun
Recently, it's been getting more and more difficult to enjoy this game and to look over the glaring issues. The Console port of DBD has shown that the game is extremely poorly optimized, and performance will continue to get worse unless BHVR addresses the issues now.
I fear that soon, the game will become unplayable for us on current-gen Consoles. Resident Evil broke the game for a month, and it still hasn't fully recovered. What this shows is that the issue is built into the game itself, and will likely continue to worsen if it is not resolved. Likewise, we are seeing the return of bugs long thought patched, which makes me suspect that the entire code is starting to crumble under the weight of the game. I hope BHVR takes the time to do this correctly and fixes their game. If they do not, I fear we will soon lose the ability to play it at all.
Here are some videos demonstrating my points, please note that these were all taken PRIOR to the RE patch in June of 2021. These issues have been plaguing Console players since the game was ported in 2017. I doubt there will ever be an official confirmation from BHVR, but it is important that we do not let these issues go silently. The only thing we can do is continue to talk and spread awareness about them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl7zIxwMUn0&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7p_8C649Rs&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSa8yNir8wU&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlwQc0rdiM0&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tQaee-Od90&ab_channel=PulsarGaming360August Edit: Well, we are nearing 100 pages. Congrats everyone. We still haven't gotten an answer from BHVR about what happened to Optimization, but we have inspired others to start to question it. I've furthered clarified the purpose of the thread and adjusted some of the language used in this opening statement to better reflect that.
Thank you.
Comments
Playing the game on the switch was literal torture, I returned it to the store.
On PC many people with unkown error when playing in lobbies with friends, the game doesn't even have the networking working correctly.
They will keep releasing skins and the rift to keep milking your wallet and that's it.
I don't understand the one with the plague, but the other ones are painful to watch
Nice to see the thread is still going strong.
Hopefully Mandy can get an answer from the devs soon.
How is it stressful I play xbox and I'm in rank 4 it sint that bad a think it's fun the best part is pissing off the killer and making them tunnel me.
Ash best survivor 🙃
There's something wrong with your console I've neither had that happen to me🤔
Happens to me and my Xbox1x so it's not isolated to just theirs
I'm not sure why internet matters here.
I've played other online multiplayer games and NEVER experienced FPS drops/screen freezes as bad as in DbD
I feel like in this thread we keep getting people coming in here trying to blame internet connections and we keep going through that our internet connections are fine.
I'm also on ps4 and my swf teammate is on a ps4 pro, we both have experienced the FPS drops you have in your videos.
Our internet connections are fine. We can point out the exact triggers that are causing fps drops for all of us because it's an issue with the game, not our connections.
1 yeah that would of hit and 2 why bamboozle if you use the power properly it becomes a 50/50 of a hit or miss
I have the basic 500 gig xbox this is pretty common less common as survivor
So it's just for play station?
Because I play xbox one.
I’m really hoping they say something in their anniversary steam because if it’s not on the roadmap for this year....
Im gonna take that as we’ll never get an answer
Yeah, that's pretty much what I'm thinking.
Because I figured she'd Dead Hard and freeze me.
All of my clips on this thread were taken on Xbox One X. @Shdw_Void uses a One S.
Hopefully, I don't know when to expect an answer though.
Mine is xbox s I have no idea strange
this is the issue im getting too On pc. Like what the heck. Any fix. About time some one posed similar issues
To those who lay the blame for these performances issues on our internet connections, consider how many consolers have popped in here, on different platforms and varieties of those platforms, all with similar stories to tell.
We know our Switch cousins have it the worst y'all the real champs! :)
Indeed.
Wrong pc does get jt
Ah yes
Dead Hard? Freeze
Someone got unhooked? Freeze
Bloodlust? Freeze
Someone failed a skill check somewhere? Freeze
Status effect change? Freeze
Use your power? How ######### stupid of you, your punishment is a fat freeze
You're literally just walking? Nice job dumbass, freeze.
https://youtu.be/6vzDgWUiYaQ this is the freeze im getting as well. Any fix?
Just get a better internet connection
/s
No fix has been discovered as of yet.
Ok,that freeze was LONG. 😦
I cant even tell what triggered it.I guess its just Ormond things
This is what i been trying to tell everyone one. Needed to find a video like mine and this is what its doing. Now if anyone knows how to fix it. Let me know. And I get it on other maps too. Some worse others ok
To be fair, I do have ass internet, but the internet freezes come from packet loss, which is what is happening to players that are running into a wall then disappearing. But the game doesn't freeze, its the internet. Not saying this to you but the people that say it's bad internet I can tell you for sure, it absolutely is NOT
So we just wait I guess huh?
They can change the graphics to reduce its odds of happening
Yep,nothing we can do about.
Just waiting
And waiting
And waiting
And even more waiting
👻
I play on console and this never ever happened to me
I'm glad you haven't had this issue.
Yes, we wait until MandyTalk has an answer for us.
i agree sadly. do you know if hes looking into it?
they better be looking into a fix cause this is annoying
also plz let me know if theres a fix coming. or if mandytalk answers
Again, I know that Xbox is bad. I was saying that this shouldn't be happening on PlayStation if you have good ping.
That's because it's poorly optimized. But not to this level. I haven't ever experienced this on PS4.
Does this look like your experience?
This was on PS4.
I think you're the exception.
I have NEVER seen the game run that smooth on anyone's Console except yours.
He did say he was trying to look into it.
I don't know when we should expect any word
This is the first PS4 video I've seen run smoothly, I would've guessed it was actually a PS5 since it looks closer to the PS5 videos I've seen.
I assure you, it's not.
Maybe I am 😂
Your console has grown resistant to the frame drop virus developed by Umbrella. The rest of us will now need samples...
Deathslinger and Plague are unplayable on console. Nothing but freezes and frame drops and survivors think it's just because you're bad.
https://youtu.be/INpob0Q8VvA so sad just tested it again. and guess what worse then ever
😂 😂
I play on PS4. I've played on both the standard system, and the Pro. I've played on 300 mbps internet, and down to 25 mbps. I'm glad you haven't had the issues we have with frame rate stuttering or lock ups. But you can't discredit those of us who deal with this crap just cause your experience differs from ours.