Do you think the devs will surprise nerf keys when midchapter goes live?
Similar to how they nerfed moris? Or do you think their key rework will require actual balance testing in a PTB because it's likely to be a bit more complicated than the nerf they gave moris?
They tested the waters with a slight key nerf in the PTB so I am leaning towards a key nerf either once this midchapter goes live or the RE chapter. I think/hope it's coming real soon.
Comments
No
Fascinating.
Interesting. Now that's a perspective I hadn't considered!
No, but I initially said "Yes." just to see if OP would treat my response any differently from the people above me who disagreed with OP.
I think it's more likely it comes with the Anniversary update
Finally, someone with some culture! Lol
I think a good reason that might be true is they may not want to change 5 killers and so many perks PLUS keys all in such quick succession. I guess that depends on how much keys will be changed though and whether they think it will have a big impact on things.
I believe they said key escapes are only about a few percent of escapes so it doesn't seem like they think keys are a huge deal. But who knows
I wish
I agree that little nerf is probably a reminder. Kind of their way of saying "don't worry, we didn't forget" to killers.
the mori nerf was lazy
and they should have nerfed moris the same day they nerfed keys
Very interesting that you responded to the first two responses that rejected your belief with seeming sarcasm, yet you responded to my post agreeing with it with some level of enthusiam despite my post having exactly the same amount of substance as theirs. I wonder why that is.
All three of my responses are sarcastic and jokes. I don't sincerely think you are a man of culture because you said you agree with my title.
Did you think this was some kind of great gotcha moment or something?
I think the killer kill statistics are too high to nerf keys right now. I also think that's why there appears to be an overabundance of keys in games lately. Most of the escapes I see now involve a key. If that's the case, why would they nerf them and make the survivor escape rates even lower?
I think they look into statistics a bit more than simply kill rates. I'm sure they can tell when people suicide on hook 2 minutes into a match for instance. That might end in a 3-4k but I don't think it would hold the same weight as a 4k where all 5 gens were completed and the match was 20 minutes long, for instance.
But I don't know for sure
Yup. :)
This isn't even something I have a strong opinion on lol. I responded differently because I got 2 no's and then 1 yes. And notice pulsar disagreed with my title but elaborated on their opinion so I responded not as a one line sarcastic remark, but with actual substance?
I know. I still got what I was looking for. :)
:)
Mori's were gamebreakingly strong. Keys are bullshit, but not gamebreaking.
1 Ivory Mori could guarantee a green rank killer a 4k on red rank survivors. It takes red rank survivors to guarantuee a 3 man escape against a purple rank killer.
Arguing that Mori's were fine because keys exist is simply killer mains not having a clue on how both sides play. Mori's removing 1/4th of the team without it being a hex, without it being a perk, without it being an addon that requires a shitton of stalking, simply hooking 1/12th of your total hooks to win the game, vs a key that requires survivors to finish at least 4/5th of their objectives to have 3 people escaping.
I mean, even if you say finishing 4 gens isnt hard, getting 1 hook, waiting 15 seconds for BT and then holding m1 is literal childs play.
i think they might do it with new dlc since they teased some changes to hatch in ptb
If you meaning for 2024 Midchapyer, yes. But for 2021, no.
Probably not.
So far every item rework we've gotten went on a pbe for testing so I can't imagine keys won't be the same way.
No
Reason: PTB
Reason #2: they will announce the changes if it ever happens.
I don't think the Brand New Part nerf was tested in a PTB but that might have been before they started PTBs or I could be wrong altogether.
They'll put in ptb. Killer mains will say it's not nerfed enough, survivor mains will say it's nerfed way too much. It'll release to live with no changes from ptb. Killer mains will continue saying it needs stronger nerf and survivor mains will say it's completely useless.
No, balancing keys is going to be much harder than balancing mori's for the simple fact that killers already have access to perks and playstyles that make keys useless. There was no way for survivors to make a mori useless, other than never being hooked.
In fact, I actually dont think key's will be nerfed themselves. I think hatch spawn mechanics will be altered. How would you nerf a key? Their aura readings are strong, but not strong enough to get a nerf. It's their interaction with the hatch that would be noteworthy of a nerf.
So, hatch time being reduced from 30 seconds to 10 seconds will likely remain if all gens are done(because lets be fair, once all gens are done, keys are fine). But the hatch prior to the final gen being done will hopefully only open up for at most 2 people. With the hatch hopefully no longer being open to the final survivor if people already escaped through the hatch.
This takes a long time to straighten up. Keys arent really as powerful as the older mori's were, not even close. Heck, keys and mori's are now the closest in balance they have ever been. Mori's used to be the counter to BNP's. Once BNP's were nerfed, nothing got close to the BS that was the ebony mori. It's a bit gutted now, but it's been reigning most overpowered ######### in the game for 4 full years. It deserved to be gutted.
And this will continue until the end of time.
I wasn't around for original BNPs, but I imagine the BNP fix is similiar to the Mori fix we got. It's a balance change towards one thing that wouldn't need pbe testing to check for bugs.
Sometimes before a ptb or live release I consider making a bingo card just to see how quickly it'll get filled out.
You just ruined the surprise, so no
I'm actually not sure. I don't think they should surprise nerf keys in the next update but, when they've made controversial changes in the past, they've sometimes dropped the change on us without any notice, so... who knows.
I agree with a lot of what you said so you may be right. I think the most likely change to keys will be that they take some time to unlock the hatch, maybe an amount of time that can be increased with add ons. This would make them less powerful if found in chests, which is what a lot of people have a problem with.
I also think the devs are concerned about people burning through their keys if they know a change is coming three weeks after the PTB drops. So they may have taken longer to change keys because they wanted to be really sure about the changes before releasing them. Then, if they feel the change is not enough or too much, they can adjust it in the following week or two. Basically I think they'd have plans B and C ready if they're not happy with plan A.
I ruin everything :(
There is really no reason to be afraid of survivors burning their keys tho. You can simply dodge lobbies if you dont want a key. Keys are not that hard to spot. Back in 2016, now that is when keys were hard to spot.
And I doubt they have a plan b or c ready. I think keys need to be released in the anniversary ptb for testing.
I just hope they buff mah boi green key to the point of having better aura reading than the skeleton key.